Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body version of the STOP – TriPollar POSE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I don't have it, so can't comment with certainty.. But my guess is that it's a disappointment, much like the STOP..

Usually when something is good, members enjoy sharing and talking about it.. Considering the silence for these two products, it doesn't look too promising.

I found "bananas" review to be very forthcoming and honest, and I believe there are many more that probably agree, but prefer to remain silent.. (Probably don't want to get bashed like I did on the STOP thread, by a couple of unsavory **new** members.. Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing )

I think you are quite right. I was going to purchase Pose on ebay, but I think I'll hold off for a while until more positive reviews flood in. Thanks Kathy, you just saved me a few hundred bucks. Smile
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, it bothered me that all these new members are just ranting and raving about it. hmmmmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I am still very pleased with the Stop and use it in a maintenance mode. I started the Pose, completed 5 treatments... I stopped because I was also doing No Lipo Lipo and was asked to conduct an experiment for some of my local friends with the No Lipo. I thought I needed to see what the No Lipo does alone. I will will hold off with the Pose until I have finished the No Lipo treatments. I am also drinking a lot of green smoothies which are helping the total body. When I get though with the No Lipo I will return to Pose....I tend to respond well with the tripollar devices. If any cellulite remains after the No Lipo and smoothies..... then I guess the Pose will get a shot at it! Laughing

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm brand new on the forum, and got a lot of good information on the POSE. I ordered it a few weeks ago and am waiting for it from the UK. I live in the US. I'm going to try it on my arms and see if it works there. If it does, I'll try it on my thighs.

I'm also looking at "Chelated TCA" from Mene&Moy, to have my doctor apply whole body. If any of you have heard of it, and if it works well, please let me know I'd appreciate it!

I'll come back to post a full review of the POSE once I've completed a few applications of it, through the first treatment period.

Thanks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
beherenow,
Welcome to the forum....lots of goodies here!!!
We welcome your review of the Pose and anything else you are doing wave
Toby

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
It's an absolute nightmare trying to do the sides/hips. I'm standing there doing what feels like millions and millions of small circles untill the green light comes on which seems to take forever. Ouch my arms - it's like torture I just can't do it. You'll really need somebody to do it for you. I'm still concentrating on my tummy area which I can say with all honesty is all thumbs down Sad !! Not one iota of change. I'm so disappointed. So far this little machine has been a complete waste of money..... Crying or Very sad I do wish I'd have gone with the company that was giving a 60 day trial - what an idiot I've been. Crying or Very sad
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Steff wrote:
It's an absolute nightmare trying to do the sides/hips. I'm standing there doing what feels like millions and millions of small circles untill the green light comes on which seems to take forever. Ouch my arms - it's like torture I just can't do it. You'll really need somebody to do it for you. I'm still concentrating on my tummy area which I can say with all honesty is all thumbs down Sad !! Not one iota of change. I'm so disappointed. So far this little machine has been a complete waste of money..... Crying or Very sad I do wish I'd have gone with the company that was giving a 60 day trial - what an idiot I've been. Crying or Very sad

These are the type of posts that saddens me. I realize that Steff said "I do wish I'd have gone with the company that was giving a 60 day trial - what an idiot I've been." I did the same thing with the STOP for face so I know exactly how she is feeling right now. I know I learned my lesson and hope I never fall again for a product until there are numerous reviews with great results. It's one thing to buy a jar of product for $100 but it's a real stomach wrencher when it's several hundred and it can't be returned. Right now I am waiting for more reviews on the Dermawave before I jump in and spend a lot of money (lesson learned).

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

I just received my POSE so will start using it either tomorrow or next week.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about the bad results from Steff and Frodo. I'm hoping my experience will be a decent one but it now sounds like most posts have been negative ones.

I couldn't get a 60-day guarantee because I live in the US and those guarantees extended only to Europe. I was truly hoping that using the device over time would produce results, and I would continue to use it to enhance the quality of my skin. I've been looking for gel to substitute for the very pricey gel for the POSE but haven't found any yet. I may ask my dermatologist what gel she uses with Thermage and if I can buy that gel somewhere. I'll bet they're nearly the same.

I'll post after the first attempt, etc., to give updates.
Steff

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Well, I've now completed my 10th session on my tummy but I'm afraid it's still thumbs down - not even a dent Crying or Very sad Anyway 8 more sessions on the belly and that will count for 6 weeks at 3 times a week, then by all rights I should be able to start on maintenance HUH !!! - ya think?? Yesterday tho I started on my thighs to see if anything might happen there. Fingers crossed Rolling Eyes . I'll have to buy another tube of gel as well, so thats 50 quid down the drain. I must be mad but I'm living in hope Confused
Steff
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry have been away for a while.

All going well with the POSE and STOP - in fact I am delighted with both devices.

PQ
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Sorry have been away for a while.

All going well with the POSE and STOP - in fact I am delighted with both devices.

PQ

Can you elaborate on that a bit. It seems most of the reviews have been negative, and the one or two positives aren't giving any specifics as to what exactly has been the experience.. Only that 'they like it', or "are delighted"..

So why are you delighted exactly?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy

I will find the threads but I have gone through this on various stop/pose discussions on this site before.

For me and I know also Toby, it does what it says on the box - firming, tightening of skin on face and body.

PQ
Steff

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Photoqueen,

I would have liked to have seen a few "before" and "after" photos of your goodself. I do wish they would have chosen somebody like me to have done their trials. Mind you, when they realised it didn't work it would have been hushed up no doubt. I'd still like to know how a person can do their own bottom (with great difficulty I expect) - it's must be a joke - just like the Tripollar gizmo's Laughing !!
beherenow

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I've done two treatments so far. Of course, I haven't noticed anything. I'm doing my arms, front and back of the biceps area. A few things I'll note: The gel is warm immediately when you put it on, which was quite interesting. It's not as sticky as some others feel it is and a small amount does the trick, at least on "low" setting. A few people questioned why the low setting heated up so fast while the higher ones took forever to heat to orange. They may have gotten answers to those questions but since I started using it I thought I'd put in my opinion: The low setting is meant to be very light, thus will heat up quite quickly. The higher settings are meant to go deeper thus will take longer to heat to orange. I'll try the medium setting soon because it does go to orange quite quickly on low. Unfortunately, I didn't take photos before starting but will try to take some now. It's only been 2 treatments so there's definitely no change.
beherenow

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Photoqueen,

I didn't realize there was more than one thread on the tripollar so will look for it. I've read all the posts on this particular thread but don't remember seeing your description of what you were doing and how it was working. Could you elaborate? What areas were you working on? What were you trying to achieve? If you achieved it, what percentage change would you say you achieved in the way of results? Was your skin tighter? How much tighter? How much smoother, etc.?

Thanks very much!

Beherenow
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
This a thread that you will see some posts from
PQ about the Pose.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33501&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been checking all the threads now and see where PQ and everyone else has been elaborating on their experiences. I'll be doing my 3rd treatment on Friday.

Does anyone know if normal RF treatment gel could be substituted for the POSE gel?

Thanks!javascript:emoticon('Smile')
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Looks interesting:

http://www.stop-age.com/pose/Double_chin.php

PQ
beherenow

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well I've used Tripollar Pose for 4 treatments now and have decided to conduct an experiment for the rest of the treatments: I'm only going to do one arm, and see afterwards without having to resort to photos if there is a difference from one arm to the next. Also, I went to my doctor who does Thermage, and she gave me a nice sample of the gel she uses with the Thermage machine, which is a clear ultrasound (not blue) gel called Aquasonic. It's incredibly cheap, particularly compared to the Pose gel, so I'm doing an experiment with that, as well. I'm doing my right front thigh with that gel, leaving the left thigh completely alone. We'll see if it works at all from one leg to the other.

Some things I noticed about the other gel: The POSE gel is much thicker, due to the salt, and doesn't dry out during treatment. The gel used by my doctor does dry out and is much thinner than the POSE gel so you have to put a thicker coating on and re-apply during treatment. Other than that, the device heated up just like with the Pose gel, and the orange light came on just like with the other gel. So, if it works I'll be able to treat everything without the cost factor getting in the way.

Another observation: It's not easy to do this correctly. More than once I found that 1 of the 4 electrodes were not on the skin correctly, I was going too fast, or something else. So, this is going to effect the outcome while I learn to do it right all the time.

This device also may not be suitable, at all, on my arms as I'm not trying to lose fat, I'm trying to firm up the skin. After years of surfing and sun, the skin on the arms has become thin and crepey. I'm trying to firm up that skin but using this device may do the opposite of what I want, as it shrinks fat supposedly. If this is the case, I'm not going to improve the look of my arm, I might just make it worse. I have to keep that in mind at all times, and if I notice any worsening (another reason I'm only doing one arm, to test) stop immediately.
Kimberley

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I have recently purchased the tripollar stop on ebay from the original company Ultragen Ltd for £150.00 and a shipping charge of £6.00 but you have to be quick, with the username saferufus. the company is in Israel so had to wait three weeks but worth the time and money. I have had five treatments and can see that the skin is frimer anf glowing. I am 46 years and have a double saggy chin but this has improved to the point where it does not look saggy anymore. i also had sleep lines on my decolletage and the stop removed this after the first treatment. It is still early days still with only a week and a half into treatment. Deeper lines is still taking a little while to see an improvement. I reckon anything that can start the collagen and elastin process is worth buying and has saved me a fortune in creams and believe me I have bee through all of them even importing from the states with 6 different pentapeptides, I have also had fillers and botox in the past, so to buy gel and I have hardly used mine as I did use the thinnest layer but did cover all areas, is not to bad at £20.00 every three months. I have also purchased the Pose for £180.00 on ebay as well. I have before pictures and will post them as soon as I have done a few more treatments. Give it a go?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Kimberly,
I have both Stop and Pose and absolutely love them. I am so glad your results are so positive. I continue to use them in a maintenance phase and see great results. I look forward to your pictures.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Welcome Kimberly,
I have both Stop and Pose and absolutely love them. I am so glad your results are so positive. I continue to use them in a maintenance phase and see great results. I look forward to your pictures.
Toby

Toby and Kimberly

I am in maintenance and still happy with the results.

PQ

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Well I bought Pose about 6 months ago and used for about 2 1/2 months 3 treatments per week and sadly did not notice any improvement in cellulite on the thighs.

Am wondering if anyone has experienced similar non-results but continued to use and noticed improvements after a period of time?

I gave up after a few months but remain optimistic due to eperience with topical products that sometimes have taken a long time to work (3 months to see results), and wondering with the biochemical nature of Pose that it may take a long time for the collagen re-structure to take effect....
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I am still very pleased with the Stop and use it in a maintenance mode. I started the Pose, completed 5 treatments... I stopped because I was also doing No Lipo Lipo and was asked to conduct an experiment for some of my local friends with the No Lipo. I thought I needed to see what the No Lipo does alone. I will will hold off with the Pose until I have finished the No Lipo treatments. I am also drinking a lot of green smoothies which are helping the total body. When I get though with the No Lipo I will return to Pose....I tend to respond well with the tripollar devices. If any cellulite remains after the No Lipo and smoothies..... then I guess the Pose will get a shot at it! Laughing

Hi -

I asked you some questions on the Stop thread. I guess I have one answered. Some people have tried the Pose. I started with the No Lipo as well but I can't drink Green Tea and it is just too tiring to do the massage. I am sure no carbs after 5 is a big part of the success as well. I have her mitts though and just doing dry brushing helps. I get in a knuckle massage every now and then and I feel great afterwards.
trittscamera

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 am      Reply with quote
i want to know if this thing works. I wonder if the good posts here are real or from the manufacturer. It seems that the results are black and white. Please let me know.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |