Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body version of the STOP – TriPollar POSE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
HG, did you take the recommended breaks for collagen synthesis?

I'm on my first protocol now and I now understand the mixed reviews on this device. One needs incredible determination and a LOT of time to treat even one area. I am also layering laser with the RF treatment as an esthetician recommended that it would help tighten the skin faster (I am doing my thighs). While I do see some smoothing of cellulite and wrinkles at 6 weeks I cannot say I have any volume loss yet. I will soldier on, and thank you for a somewhat encouraging review.

The esthetician I spoke to, who works at a medi clinic where they offer these sorts of things said if I paid someone else to do it , it would take just as long but cost a lot more.She recommended staying with the program for however long it takes.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
HG, did you take the recommended breaks for collagen synthesis?

I'm on my first protocol now and I now understand the mixed reviews on this device. One needs incredible determination and a LOT of time to treat even one area. I am also layering laser with the RF treatment as an esthetician recommended that it would help tighten the skin faster (I am doing my thighs). While I do see some smoothing of cellulite and wrinkles at 6 weeks I cannot say I have any volume loss yet. I will soldier on, and thank you for a somewhat encouraging review.

The esthetician I spoke to, who works at a medi clinic where they offer these sorts of things said if I paid someone else to do it , it would take just as long but cost a lot more.She recommended staying with the program for however long it takes.

Can you explain how you are layer the laser, is it a home laser or a professional one?

5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, what recommended break? for collagen synthesis?

The time I take is about 25-28 total minutes and I treat both butt cheeks and my sides of my waist and around the navel. Still have not seen huge reduction in cellulite but I like my contour now.

Off topic: My esthetician (sp?) also told me when I went for medi spa RF on the area above my eye lid it takes about 3-4 months for the collagen to form and to see results. I did not know that and wasn't told to me by the clinic.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am      Reply with quote
HG, how lucky you are that your skin heats up so quickly. I tend to be extreme, so I use the highest setting, going over ther whole inner thigh in palm sized increments until the light goes on, then retreat the whole area again as suggested by the instructions. Maybe you're a lot more petite than I! Or it could be an age issue - I am 60 and all changes happen a lot more slowly as we age.

Cookie, I just use my ReAura on top of the crepey areas either right after (it's already got conductant on it) or the next day. Sometimes my ReAura shuts me out as if I've been also treating my face, neck, chest, arms in the previous 24 hours it will deem that too much area and shut down. Then I do it the next day.

BTW I have switched to using glycerin as a conductant for both the Pose and ReAura. The Pose gel is quite sticky and unpleasant, not to mention expensive and I noticed its first ingredient was glycerin so I decided to give it a go and it works just as well, plus it moisturizes the skin. I think the key with ReAura and any conductant is to remove the tip after every use and clean it, and to also wipe the window. Even using the proprietary gel, I had it refuse to operate once when I hadn't cleaned everything.

I am glad it is working for you HG as I need some bucking up to keep going. It does seem kinda itchy, I think that is a good sign.

Oh, recommended break - the instructions suggest 8 weeks treatment 2/3 X week, one month rest. I just assume that is for collagen synthesis, as in laser treatments. If anyone knows more, I am all ears (& thighs, apparently!).

In another thread, Bethany cited info that collagen continues to form up to 6 months after treatments.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
HG, how lucky you are that your skin heats up so quickly. I tend to be extreme, so I use the highest setting, going over ther whole inner thigh in palm sized increments until the light goes on, then retreat the whole area again as suggested by the instructions. Maybe you're a lot more petite than I! Or it could be an age issue - I am 60 and all changes happen a lot more slowly as we age.

Cookie, I just use my ReAura on top of the crepey areas either right after (it's already got conductant on it) or the next day. Sometimes my ReAura shuts me out as if I've been also treating my face, neck, chest, arms in the previous 24 hours it will deem that too much area and shut down. Then I do it the next day.

BTW I have switched to using glycerin as a conductant for both the Pose and ReAura. The Pose gel is quite sticky and unpleasant, not to mention expensive and I noticed its first ingredient was glycerin so I decided to give it a go and it works just as well, plus it moisturizes the skin. I think the key with ReAura and any conductant is to remove the tip after every use and clean it, and to also wipe the window. Even using the proprietary gel, I had it refuse to operate once when I hadn't cleaned everything.

I am glad it is working for you HG as I need some bucking up to keep going. It does seem kinda itchy, I think that is a good sign.

Oh, recommended break - the instructions suggest 8 weeks treatment 2/3 X week, one month rest. I just assume that is for collagen synthesis, as in laser treatments. If anyone knows more, I am all ears (& thighs, apparently!).

In another thread, Bethany cited info that collagen continues to form up to 6 months after treatments.

Mismis,

I use use glycerin with my RF devices, but would not use it with the ReAura, you need a cooling gel based product. Glycerin is oil/fat based and retains the heat which is ideal for RF, it could have negative effects if used with a fraxel laser.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
What effects? Thanx! I do note the "could" - but would this be for those who have no negative effects? And what should I be looking for - I don't actually try to calm the effects of reaura in any way as I think the inflammatory response is part of the rebuilding process so I don't try to hold that back. It's a little uncomfortable, but so worth it! my results:http://www.flickr.com/photos/plainpotter/sets/72157632626054878/

Arms are one treatment protocol only.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
What effects? Thanx! I do note the "could" - but would this be for those who have no negative effects?

With RF aims to melt fat and trap heat into the skin. So glycerine acts as a conductor and insulator for the heat from the RF head.

The ReAura does not require heat to be trapped in the dermis.

The glycerin when used with the ReAura, could increase post treatment redness and slow down epidermal level recovery.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, PH. Thats why I LOVE eds - so much good information which can be exchanged! Since I asked you about shaving, it is now my favourite method for post laser flakey removal!

I guess I am one of the lucky ones - if I laser at night it's OK by morning (well maybe I look extra radiant. . .) .

Looking forward to further reviews!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Thanks, PH. Thats why I LOVE eds - so much good information which can be exchanged! Since I asked you about shaving, it is now my favourite method for post laser flakey removal!

I guess I am one of the lucky ones - if I laser at night it's OK by morning (well maybe I look extra radiant. . .) .

Looking forward to further reviews!

mismis, it is great we all share our ideas.

Have a good evening

PQ

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replies,

Yes, I was inferring from the claim of induced lipolysis

This is going to get deep, but I'm going to try to explain what I'm thinking.

Fatty acids are stored inside adipocytes. These adipocytes take circulating fatty acids and store them as fat droplets inside themselves for various reasons, but mainly for the maintenance of energy homeostasis(1) so that they can function as a form of stored energy for periods of negative energy balance(periods of fasting). That is they are released when energy imbalance occurs(due to dieting, exercise, etc).

Lipolysis is the process by which these fatty acids are broken down(from droplet) and released into circulation and allowed to be oxidated by other cells. This is mediated by so many endocrine factors and I'm not even going to get into it, because I only want to say that RF research seems to point to induced lipolysis which is VERY interesting.

Why? Why is this interesting? Because there is a difference between lipolysis(breakdown) and apoptosis(programmable death). It's pretty much established that once adipogenesis(creation of fat cells) occurs then the new adipocytes will never die(it seems to be replaced in celluar turn over at a steady state). Indeed even with liposuction(actually sucking out the fat cell) research shows that the body will create new fat cells in different locations(2) suggesting a mechanism to maintain body fat levels. This makes sense with regards to energy homeostasis, so the body will survive. - I really don't want to get into obesity research here, just know that scientists believe the damage caused by obesity is basically maintaining it(hence why people get fat again after dieting)

The reason I asked about location is I have belief that there is a logical explanation why fat reduction isn't occurring in these locations. Now again this is just a wild guess.

It's pretty much known that insulin inhibits lipolysis, so food will rise insulin levels. This explains one problem why it isn't working for most of you with regards to reduction. You may be in fed state(high insulin) so the fatty acids which are released are probably being shifted into other fat cells.

Another is, even if released, you still have to oxidize them so that means you need to perform some kind of movement. Something like slow cardio which can involves more oxidated metabolism dominate muscle fibers would be ideal here, and in fact bodybuilders do this very thing which they called steady state cardio(always fasted and usually in the morning to avoid insulin) during their "cut cycles".

Still another, which I'm not going into detail here, because I'm kind of done typing for tonight, is that of androrecptors. It turns out that in females adipose in the arms, thighs and bum has more of a alpha receptors to beta receptors ratio. When catecholemines(which are elevated during fasting) bind, they bind to both type of these receptors(and their subtypes). Unfortunately alpha receptors are inhibitory while beta induce lipolysis

Anyways some ideas....

Take them or leave them, but there facts and I can back them up.

*Unfortunately I can't link being a newbie so here are the references

Wikipedia - energy homeostasis

The liposuction study(there is actually two but I can't find the other) "Fat redistribution following suction lipectomy: defense of body fat and patterns of restoration"
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 am      Reply with quote
ProfX23 wrote:

Fatty acids are stored inside adipocytes. These adipocytes take circulating fatty acids and store them as fat droplets inside themselves for various reasons, but mainly for the maintenance of energy homeostasis(1) so that they can function as a form of stored energy for periods of negative energy balance(periods of fasting). That is they are released when energy imbalance occurs(due to dieting, exercise, etc).

Lipolysis is the process by which these fatty acids are broken down(from droplet) and released into circulation and allowed to be oxidated by other cells. This is mediated by so many endocrine factors and I'm not even going to get into it, because I only want to say that RF research seems to point to induced lipolysis which is VERY interesting.

Why? Why is this interesting? Because there is a difference between lipolysis(breakdown) and apoptosis(programmable death). It's pretty much established that once adipogenesis(creation of fat cells) occurs then the new adipocytes will never die(it seems to be replaced in celluar turn over at a steady state). Indeed even with liposuction(actually sucking out the fat cell) research shows that the body will create new fat cells in different locations(2) suggesting a mechanism to maintain body fat levels. This makes sense with regards to energy homeostasis, so the body will survive. - I really don't want to get into obesity research here, just know that scientists believe the damage caused by obesity is basically maintaining it(hence why people get fat again after dieting)

The reason I asked about location is I have belief that there is a logical explanation why fat reduction isn't occurring in these locations. Now again this is just a wild guess.

It's pretty much known that insulin inhibits lipolysis, so food will rise insulin levels. This explains one problem why it isn't working for most of you with regards to reduction. You may be in fed state(high insulin) so the fatty acids which are released are probably being shifted into other fat cells.

Another is, even if released, you still have to oxidize them so that means you need to perform some kind of movement. Something like slow cardio which can involves more oxidated metabolism dominate muscle fibers would be ideal here, and in fact bodybuilders do this very thing which they called steady state cardio(always fasted and usually in the morning to avoid insulin) during their "cut cycles".

Still another, which I'm not going into detail here, because I'm kind of done typing for tonight, is that of androrecptors. It turns out that in females adipose in the arms, thighs and bum has more of a alpha receptors to beta receptors ratio. When catecholemines(which are elevated during fasting) bind, they bind to both type of these receptors(and their subtypes). Unfortunately alpha receptors are inhibitory while beta induce lipolysis

Anyways some ideas....

The liposuction study(there is actually two but I can't find the other) "Fat redistribution following suction lipectomy: defense of body fat and patterns of restoration"

Profx23

You have just explained the theory behind - electro-lipolysis, laser-lipolysis, rf-induced-lipolysis, in simple terms for any of the above to work, you need to maintain a low fat/calorie diet for a period, normally explained by the manufacturer of the device and post treatment undertake for example strawberry lipo-laser, 10 mins cardio/10 mins treatment, to stimulate the lymphatic system and assist the body to burn off the released fatty acids from the triglycerides.

PQ

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
ProfX23 wrote:

Anyways some ideas....

Profx23

You have just explained the theory behind - electro-lipolysis, laser-lipolysis, rf-induced-lipolysis, in simple terms for any of the above to work, you need to maintain a low fat/calorie diet for a period, normally explained by the manufacturer of the device and post treatment undertake for example strawberry lipo-laser, 10 mins cardio/10 mins treatment, to stimulate the lymphatic system and assist the body to burn off the released fatty acids from the triglycerides.

PQ

Yes, this is why it would be ideal to have a "at home" mechanism to induce lipolysis. Thus why Tripollar was so interesting to me. I thought it adapted for this very reason.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
ProfX23 wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
ProfX23 wrote:

Anyways some ideas....

Profx23

PQ

Yes, this is why it would be ideal to have a "at home" mechanism to induce lipolysis. Thus why Tripollar was so interesting to me. I thought it adapted for this very reason.

An at-home device, with salon specification:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/cavisculpt-review-part-1/

PQ

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey! Photoqueen thank you!

Very much appreciative for link to the Cavisulpt. I haven't seen it before.

If I understand this correctly, it is destroying the adipocyte along with the release of triglyceride contents, correct?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
ProfX23 wrote:
Hey! Photoqueen thank you!

Very much appreciative for link to the Cavisulpt. I haven't seen it before.

If I understand this correctly, it is destroying the adipocyte along with the release of triglyceride contents, correct?

Hi,

You are nearly correct, not destroying the adipocyte but releasing the triglyceride contents, reducing volume of the cells, and this works by device causing a release of a lipase enzyme which helps break down the triglyceride cell contents into glycerol and fatty acids. It also makes the cell walls more permeable allowing the fatty acids to pass through them more easily. These fatty acids are then transported via the lymphatic system and become readily available as fuel for the body.

PQ.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
So I'm wondering...would glycated cells be less responsive to a RF device? Or would the presence of glycated cells make it more difficult to reap benefit from a RF device (or any treatment, for that matter)?

I bought a STOP and a POSE but have yet to use them because I currently have a problem with insulin resistance. I can correct it with diet but my diet right now is shite. Sad I'm still trying to account for the lack of results (or even damage) that we've heard about in some people, and wonder if glycation/AGE's are responsible?
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
Thought you would want to know about my experience with the Tripollar Pose.I am sad to say it did not have visible effect on me either..

I tried for weeks,but no..nothing.
There is a video on youtube that shows really uplifting before and after pictures.But i assume we have different "fat-types",or ways of responding to a treatment.

I bought an ultrasound also,and at least i feel it does firm my face and neck,and also did some good work on my butt and cellulites Smile
But i didnt feel it reduced fat on my stomack where my largest problem area is.
Maybe a salon-treatment with ultrasound would help(?)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Zenia - me too, I saw no change - even looked worse. I don't have much fat on my arms, just crepey so I wonder if the Stop would have been better.....
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Just my 2 cents - if anyone is thinking of buying this device, save your money for something that works. I have put in countless hours and followed the instructions immaculately with zero effect.

No reduction in cellulite, no reduction in circumference, no tightening of skin.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your feedback on the Pose. This is something I had an interest in. Now I will just save my money. Don't you just love EDS. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I am a happy Pose user- still using it with nice results. Skin is more toned and tight, fat deposits reduced (not completely gone, I doubt they ever will be without serious intervention). No cellulite reduction but I believe Toby had great results with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I am a happy Pose user- still using it with nice results. Skin is more toned and tight, fat deposits reduced (not completely gone, I doubt they ever will be without serious intervention). No cellulite reduction but I believe Toby had great results with it.

Yes I did and I love it but the only reservation is the time it takes to use it....so long. Many salons are using cavation,plus radio frequency, and the vibration plate as the treatment plan and have great results. If I was diligent to stay with the Pose alone it does produce nice results though.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Ava. How long are your average treatment sessions? Mine are about 25 minutes all together - both butt cheeks and my stomach around the navel. Its all looking better. I've had my unit now since May 2012. I wish the gel you buy with it would last longer. I re-use the gel and re-spread it all around!!

Other gels lump up and haven't been as smooth to apply.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Tripolar STOP for face - don't use it... Never was My Gadget... Funny how that goes. For sale. If anyone is interested. Good price - I'm trying to edit my house for sale. Don't think it would go in a garage sale. LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
You do not have to use gel for the Pose - try glycerin. It is available at any drugstore for less than $5 and works just as well - except it is less sticky!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |