Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help with dark circles and fine lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm in real need of some help here - I'm 25 years old and am starting to get quite a few fine lines under my eyes especially when I smile..this is quite upsetting because my mom didn't even have any eye wrinkles until she was in her 40s! I think it has to do with the shape of my eye, an obvious 'puffy' look directly underneath my eyes, and then a 'hollow', leading to my cheekbones. The puffy bit combined with the hollow is so prone to wrinkling.

In addition to the fine lines, I have pretty dark eye circles due to long-term bad sinus allergies all year round. The dark circles have gotten more obvious in the recent years, I remember being able to cover it up 2 years ago - and *now*, concealer makes it even more obvious, and makes the fine lines a lot worse! I'm quite upset as I have relatively clear skin, but look older because of my eyes. I can't use most eye creams as they give me a lot of milia too, having an oilier skin type.

i guess my question is - does anyone know of any eye cream/gel that eliminates or reduces dark circles, which is able to soften the wrinkles enough without causing milia? Every day, I face the dilemma between using an eye cream + concealer (makes my fine lines very obvious) or skipping the concealer, which makes my dark eye circles very obvious.

I have tried the Peter Thomas Roth eye cream with vitamin k, that's great for reducing dark circles but it make my eye area quite dry and the fine lines worse.

Please help! I'm really at loss of what to do!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Hydropeptide eye cream...I think it's called Extreme Dark Eye Concentrate or something like that. Anyway, it has an instantaneous brightening effect that is really nice. I've read that a couple people experienced irritation with this product but I don't at all.

Re. the fine lines, I'd start using Retin-A. I'm 27 and use Retin-A under my eyes and my entire face every 3 days.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that! I'll look up reviews of it. Are there any threads here about that?

I can't use retin-a under my eyes, the skin there is thin and fragile as it is...I used to use retin-a to control acne, while it did a very good job, I did not continue because it dried my skin out and made it look thin and fragile..I suspect this was what may have exacerbated the fine lines, as I was consistently using it around my cheekbones close to the eye for a whole year. It dried the skin there out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I have a similer issue myself as I get allergies and so tend to have dark circles and was getting a lot of fine lines although I never get puffy in the under eye region. Rubbing your eyes is a really big cause of both these problems and so if you do still tend to rub your eyes then you need to work on stopping this in someway like using eye drops or even cold tea bags to stop the itching.

As for eye creams I really love the Daily Revitalising eye cream by Dr Hauschka. It out of all the eye creams I have had worked to help with dark circles and fine lines a little lasts a long time which is great. I tried a sample first and that lasted me quite a few weeks and I knew by then that it was working.

I used to use retin a under my eyes but all it seemed to do was make things worse. I think retin is maybe something that works but that it leaves skin so dehydrated that you can't really tell. I'd like to get it back into my skincare regime as some point in a very gentle form as the research is indisputable.

Good luck!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
HeavenLeigh check out this thread

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32702

this stuff really works!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
the Easy Eye Solutions instant tuck works well on my eye bags!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |