Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone taken Pearl Powder internally for great skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was on another thread and before I knew it, I read a post about NCN skincare and clicked on the link to get there. Since I am searching for a product to get rid of my hyperpigmentation problem, I clicked on that link on her site. I found that she's selling Pearl Powder to be taken internally. Interesting!

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/453.html

Has anyone tried consuming Pearl Powder internally? I didn't know you can eat pearl.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I tried the Pearl Powder internally. I used the entire jar up. I saw a lightening of some of the spots I have initially, but since that first week or so, I have not had any other results. I may need to continue with it for longer, I am not sure. You can mix it in a drink, or you can put 1/4 tsp on your tongue and then drink at least 1 glass of water to wash it down. You have to take it on an empty stomach. It is recommended 1/4 tsp twice a day, but I only did once a day (as my stomach is never empty except first thing in the morning!)
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Yes, I tried the Pearl Powder internally. I used the entire jar up. I saw a lightening of some of the spots I have initially, but since that first week or so, I have not had any other results. I may need to continue with it for longer, I am not sure. You can mix it in a drink, or you can put 1/4 tsp on your tongue and then drink at least 1 glass of water to wash it down. You have to take it on an empty stomach. It is recommended 1/4 tsp twice a day, but I only did once a day (as my stomach is never empty except first thing in the morning!)

Amazing! Seriously I never thought to eat pearl. Can you tell me how it tastes?

I don't have empty stomach often either, so maybe I'll have to do morning and before bed. I've been thinking of skipping dinner because I want to lose 5-10 lbs. Hmm I wonder if pearl powder helps with weight loss!~
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have not noticed any weight loss with it, Bira, unfortunately because I would like to lose 10 lbs myself!

As far as taste, it really doesn't have any particular taste that I can tell! It definitely is worth a try. Nanci from NCN did tell me to give it at least 1 month. I used it for approximately 8 weeks.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
It's very popular in Hong Kong and China. However, pay attention to the quality of the pearl, the cheap one won't work. I don't see big difference, but a friend of mine was telling me that she sleeps much better after taking pearl powder.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
It's very popular in Hong Kong and China. However, pay attention to the quality of the pearl, the cheap one won't work. I don't see big difference, but a friend of mine was telling me that she sleeps much better after taking pearl powder.

So I wonder how you can tell which one is of better quality? Is it just by price?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have not noticed any weight loss with it, Bira, unfortunately because I would like to lose 10 lbs myself!

As far as taste, it really doesn't have any particular taste that I can tell! It definitely is worth a try. Nanci from NCN did tell me to give it at least 1 month. I used it for approximately 8 weeks.

Aww chuck that's too bad! Ok, well, it seems kinda encouraging that you did see some lightening of the hyperpigmentation. So one jar of the powder will last 8 weeks? That's not too bad then for $30? I have been taking MSM powder in my coffee, so I can't imagine it'd be too much trouble to add pearl powder to the coffee, too. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
If you add the pearl powder in your coffee, just be advised that the pearl powder does not dissolve. You have to continually stir it, and even then there will be a lot of residue. You need to make sure to drink a lot of water after to wash it all down!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
critic wrote:

So I wonder how you can tell which one is of better quality? Is it just by price?

In Hong Kong, it is judged by price, brand and where you buy it. This is the most reputable one in Hong Kong:
http://www.euyansang.com/index2.php?option=com_content%26task=view%26id=364

Seem they offer international shipping:
http://www.euyansang.com.sg/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=5687%26prmenbr=5224%26merchant_rn=5224%26lang=en_US

USD10.8 per bottle, and remember you have to eat it once a day, otherwise can't see the result!
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
This treatment will take a while.. and I tried this before my spots are still there.. Sad

Hope you get better results.. though pearl powder is good for the skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bree22 wrote:
This treatment will take a while.. and I tried this before my spots are still there.. Sad

Hope you get better results.. though pearl powder is good for the skin.

Bree, how long did you use the pearl powder internally?
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Started taking them around 10 years ago, my mom made me take the powdered pearl (a tiny jar) once a day for several years. For the past 5 years I've taken it on and off, they come in either liquid form in big bottles or small powdered tubes. I take them especially when I can't sleep. It helps me sleep better.

BTW, I have freckles and recently some spots, they are still there - still the same. Though I rarely have acne.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, Bree. That is too bad to hear that your spots are not being helped by the pearl powder.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
If you add the pearl powder in your coffee, just be advised that the pearl powder does not dissolve. You have to continually stir it, and even then there will be a lot of residue. You need to make sure to drink a lot of water after to wash it all down!

Rileygirl, I tried adding the pearl powder I found in my sister's cupboard (she said she bought from GOW) and it all got dissolved in hot coffee. I have been taking about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp a day. I also ordered from ebay. I cannot wait to get it. Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bree, thanks for your input. I'm going to try the pearl powder and keep on taking it like I take MSM powder and glucosamine and chondroitin with my coffee each morning. I have been doing it for a year now, and am not sure if there's anything happening, but I will just add the pearl powder as one more thing to add to the coffee. Very Happy Hopefully it will get the spots cleared, but if not, I will probably get some other benefits.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Bira wrote:
critic wrote:

In Hong Kong, it is judged by price, brand and where you buy it. This is the most reputable one in Hong Kong:
http://www.euyansang.com/index2.php?option=com_content%26task=view%26id=364

Seem they offer international shipping:
http://www.euyansang.com.sg/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=5687%26prmenbr=5224%26merchant_rn=5224%26lang=en_US

USD10.8 per bottle, and remember you have to eat it once a day, otherwise can't see the result!

Wow, it is such a small bottle. How many grams or oz is it? Do you add the whole bottle to food or drink?
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I knew that in the past some rich Chinese people eat pearl powder,BUT I don't know the effects
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
FYI - you can get much cheaper pearl powder if you order from ebay seller in China. I wrote a couple of US sellers here and they said they got theirs from China anyway, so I figured I might as well just buy direct. I hope it's good quality. It's hard to tell anyway what kind of quality it is unless there's something obvious about it like dirt in the mix or something.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Rileygirl, I tried adding the pearl powder I found in my sister's cupboard (she said she bought from GOW) and it all got dissolved in hot coffee. I have been taking about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp a day. I also ordered from ebay. I cannot wait to get it. Very Happy

Oh, I just saw this. Very interesting. Maybe my coffee was not hot enough when I tried it? I will try it again. Thanks, Bira!!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Rileygirl. It works with just hot water, too. I use instant coffee sometimes, and first pour hot water in to the cup, followed by pearl powder, MSM powder, glucosamine, chondroitin, and then coffee, splenda. Interestingly though, coffeemate does not mix well with pearl powder. If I use the liquid coffeemate or fat free half & half, then it's good, but the powder creamer doesn't work so well. I'm learning all these tricks. Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I put the hot coffee in the cup, then the pearl powder, and then my cream (liquid), stirred well. It looked like it dissolved, but when I finished the cup, all the pearl powder was along the side of the cup! I think I'll just stick to putting it on my tongue for now!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hmm. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I put the hot coffee in the cup, then the pearl powder, and then my cream (liquid), stirred well. It looked like it dissolved, but when I finished the cup, all the pearl powder was along the side of the cup! I think I'll just stick to putting it on my tongue for now!

Hi rileygirl,

Maybe it's not you, but the difference in the pearl powder and what else is included in it? I recall before I bought my MSM powder from this place, I got the capsule kind, which when I tried opening it up and putting it in water, it would not sink. The whole thing just sat on top of water, no matter what I tried to do to it.

When I get my order of pearl powder from China, I'll try to put it in water, and see if it will dissolve or not in my coffee.

I still have no idea if the pearl powder from GOW was meant to be consumed internally or not, but I'm still alive, so it couldn't have been that bad. Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
I still have no idea if the pearl powder from GOW was meant to be consumed internally or not, but I'm still alive, so it couldn't have been that bad. Laughing

Be careful, girl! Did you shoot off an email to GOW to check if it was ok for internal use? Laughing I am glad you are still alive. You are right, it certainly could be the difference in the pearl powder. Let me know how it goes for you when you get your order in and try it out.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
FYI - you can get much cheaper pearl powder if you order from ebay seller in China. I wrote a couple of US sellers here and they said they got theirs from China anyway, so I figured I might as well just buy direct. I hope it's good quality. It's hard to tell anyway what kind of quality it is unless there's something obvious about it like dirt in the mix or something.

I am Chinese, I definitely won't buy from a ebayer in China, do you know there are many fake? You will be lucky if they give you low quality pearl, what if it is something fake? My recommendation is, 1) don't take 2) buy from a good reputation retail shop (with Chinese herbalist)

I will prefer to take MSM, Vit C because the result is very obvious. And honestly, I know friends who are taking pearl powder, except have a better night sleep, they never mention (or I can't notice) they have better skin.

Good luck!!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bira,

I really worry about you, are you buying this brand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/250g-Pearl-Powder-Benefit-To-Bone-Skin-Nervous-System_W0QQitemZ360099091115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item360099091115&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

I help you to search from the most popular China site (like ebay), it only cost USD0.00015 per pack. Can you believe, it's sooooooo cheap.

Which one are you eating?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |