Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone taken Pearl Powder internally for great skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I will prefer to take MSM, Vit C because the result is very obvious.

critic, how much MSM and Vitamin C do you take daily for noticeable results?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Bira,

I really worry about you, are you buying this brand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/250g-Pearl-Powder-Benefit-To-Bone-Skin-Nervous-System_W0QQitemZ360099091115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item360099091115&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

I help you to search from the most popular China site (like ebay), it only cost USD0.00015 per pack. Can you believe, it's sooooooo cheap.

Which one are you eating?

Hi, no, I didn't buy from that one. I don't like sellers that have that "User ID Kept Private" system. I feel that they got something to hide. I bought from a vendor that was not hiding her buyers. I contacted 5 of them based on the positive feedback they had left for the vendor and I could see they bought the particular pearl powder. They responded to me. Only one of them told me that she took it internally. The others said they used it to make mask with honey. They all said they thought the pearl powder they received were of good quality.

Well, I'm not sure how to tell if Pearl Powder is of good quality or not. How can you test this?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
critic wrote:

I'm taking both MSM and Vit C daily as well as skin hair nail supplements and Vit E. Pearl powder is my most recent addition food supplement.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bira wrote:
I still have no idea if the pearl powder from GOW was meant to be consumed internally or not, but I'm still alive, so it couldn't have been that bad. Laughing

Be careful, girl! Did you shoot off an email to GOW to check if it was ok for internal use? Laughing I am glad you are still alive. You are right, it certainly could be the difference in the pearl powder. Let me know how it goes for you when you get your order in and try it out.

No, I didn't email GOW. I probably should have, but I was too lazy. Confused I know that the pearl powder is doing something wonderful for my face from the cream I made with it. My sister is happy that I made it, too. We share.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
critic wrote:

I'm taking both MSM and Vit C daily as well as skin hair nail supplements and Vit E. Pearl powder is my most recent addition food supplement.

Bira, how much MSM and C do you take daily?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bira wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
critic wrote:

Bira, how much MSM and C do you take daily?

I only take 1/2 tsp of MSM in the morning with my coffee. I know some people say to take it twice a day but I can't stand the bitter taste without the coffee and splenda masking the taste. I take 1 Vit C tablet at night. It has 1000 mg per tablet. But I think my skin hair and nail tablet also got some Vit C. I probably should take more Vit C but I really hate taking pills, and I take lots of them every night. I have to take fiber tablets to keep me regular because I'm constipated.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bira. I am taking it that you have not seen much in the way of results with the MSM/C if you are now using the pearl powder?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, Bira. I am taking it that you have not seen much in the way of results with the MSM/C if you are now using the pearl powder?

I am taking the MSM more for my joints since I walk a lot and my knees bother me. The side benefit I see from taking it though is my hair grows so fast. All hair!!! grrrr Now I have to pluck my eyebrows much more often, and cut off hair in unwanted places more often. My bangs also grow very fast. But as for skin, I am not sure if it does anything really. Vit C is taken more for anti-oxidant just because everyone says it's good for me. More like maintenance issue. The pearl powder I am taking because I want to try to see if I get the benefit of lightening the spots or not. If I don't see the benefit there, but it helps me sleep better, well, I can't complain there either. But will I keep taking it if I don't see additional skin benefits? I don't think so. I'll probably just use the pearl powder as mask and put it in cream. I really do like the pearl powder in the cream. I totally believe in it. My complexion is always brighter when I use the pearl cream. I don't enjoy DIYing it and I suck at it, but if that's the only pearl cream I can get my hands on, then it will have to do. Very Happy Have you tried making either pearl mask or cream? How do you like it?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Have you tried making either pearl mask or cream? How do you like it?

I haven't tried making anything with the pearl powder yet, Bira. I'll have to look into that!
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
some cheap pearl powder are made from the shells,not the pearls

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:
some cheap pearl powder are made from the shells,not the pearls

I don't know how to test the quality of pearl powder. I don't think you can measure it from price alone. A scammer can always sell pearl powder at a high price and claim that it's a high quality pearl powder made from real pearl. So how can you be sure you don't spend a lot of money AND get low quality pearl powder?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, I just received my pearl powder from China. I tried it in my coffee, and this morning when I went to rinse my cup, I saw white powder stuck on the bottom and side of cup. Shock So I think you're right about pearl powder not all get dissolved in water. I'm now thinking the pearl powder from GOW must have had other things in it, or maybe it was just not real pearl powder altogether. This one from China seems to be the real deal. It's behaving like the one you have which you said you bought from NCN.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Rileygirl, I just received my pearl powder from China. I tried it in my coffee, and this morning when I went to rinse my cup, I saw white powder stuck on the bottom and side of cup. Shock So I think you're right about pearl powder not all get dissolved in water. I'm now thinking the pearl powder from GOW must have had other things in it, or maybe it was just not real pearl powder altogether. This one from China seems to be the real deal. It's behaving like the one you have which you said you bought from NCN.

At least you know you have the "real deal"! I gave up trying to mix it in any liquid. I just measure out 1/4 tsp, put is on my tongue, and drink a huge glass of water to wash it down!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bira wrote:

At least you know you have the "real deal"! I gave up trying to mix it in any liquid. I just measure out 1/4 tsp, put is on my tongue, and drink a huge glass of water to wash it down!

I think I'll have to do the same. It is tasteless and odorless. So it should not be too bad. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |