Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
SkinScan Analysis Report!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
While out shopping the other day I was invited to have my skin analysed by one of those machines that show up UV damage, wrinkles, pores etc (like this: http://www.spa35.com/visia-complexion-analysis.cfm ). You have to stick your face into this plastic unit and close your eyes while they take photographs of your skin. Then they bring up the results on the computer and you can see the damage. It is quite an odd thing to see it shows all the brown spots under the skin I was horrified when I saw my brown spots as I use sunscreen SPF30+ everyday but the woman told me my results were actually really good and that most of my damage would have been from childhood, also I had no wrinkles which was good but the most shocking result was in the amount of the acne causing bacteria that showed up. My skin was just covered in it. The woman suggested that this was because I have oily skin and that this gives the bacteria the sort of home they thrive in but that my oily skin is also the reason I don't have any wrinkles so it's not all bad. She then tried to sell me some really expensive antibacterial face wash which had a lot of chemicals in it. I passed on that but will try to find something more natural to keep the bacteria in check and hopefully that will stop me from breaking out so much.

It would be really good to have one of those machines so you could actually see how well your skincare and treatments were working, infact if I could just pay for the analysis I'd probably do it once in a while just to check my skin. However it seems to be mostly used to try and push products and treatments.

Anybody else had this done? What do you think is it a reliable guide?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I had it done, and posted my results on the thread below.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30842

As far as purchasing, I would assume it is some insane price. Plus, they need to be professionally calibrated on an ongoing basis (per my derm who owns one).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

Thanks for your reply. Your results were really good. The woman who did mine said anything over 50 was really good.
I wasn't actually serious about wanting one well only in my dreams but as you say in the other thread it looks like a good way to see how your skin treatments are working. I don't go to a dermatologist on a regular basis where they have one so I think it would be good to be able to go and pay a fixed price just to check on your skin but I think most places have them to encourage you to buy more products or treatments.

Interesting gadget though!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
I don't go to a dermatologist on a regular basis where they have one so I think it would be good to be able to go and pay a fixed price just to check on your skin but I think most places have them to encourage you to buy more products or treatments.

You are totally right about that! Rolling Eyes

But Mpstat did mention that she got hers done for free (and I don't think it was at a derm), so it might be worthwhile to sit through the bla bla bla spiel and buy a cleanser once or twice a year to get an update on your results!

I need to go get an updated one myself to see if the STOP did anything good (or bad) to my skin. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to know if the Stop made a difference for you. Is this the same scan they use to access for sun damage?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:44 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'd like to know if the Stop made a difference for you. Is this the same scan they use to access for sun damage?

I'll post new results when I go.

The VISIA checks for the following, but I don't think that it is necessarily the version that you see being trucked around various skin events.

Quote:
The VISIA Digital Skin Analysis is the first diagnostic tool to provide clinical measurement of surface and subsurface epidermal irregularities and pigment conditions. VISIA’s photographic technology captures a clear, multi-dimensional image of select facial areas, while examining the severity of various age-related conditions such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation (age/dark spots)
- Enlarged pores
- Texture (skin smoothness)
- Porphyrins (evidence of bacterial growth)
- Sun damage (UV spots)

Here are pics of some of the stuff it can do:
http://www.canfieldsci.com/Imaging_Products_Visia_Photos.asp

And features:
http://www.canfieldsci.com/Imaging_Products_Visia_Features.asp

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |