Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Sea Kelp Bioferment = under eye bags?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JLeigh
5% products discount

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm beginning to suspect that the SKB I purchased from SkinActives is causing my puffy/baggy under-eyes. I've been using a new recipe for C serum that includes SKB, and suddenly I have puffy/baggy under eyes that lasts all day. I didn't have a problem with this before. I thought at first that it was the HA, so I made a new batch without it last night, and used it last night. I got plenty of sleep, but the bags are there this morning.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with SKB? I'm not even sure HOW SKB could have this effect, but I'm not sure what else to attribute it to. Any thoughts?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
By any chance are you using copper peptides?
Toby

5% products discount

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
By any chance are you using copper peptides?
Toby

No, I'm not.
JLeigh
5% products discount

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm also wondering if the SKB is different depending on where you get it from. On other websites, I've seen it described as a "viscous" liquid, but the SkinActives SKB is a gel. It's not sticky or liquidy. It's like a cross between Jello and gel, if that makes any sense?
JLeigh
5% products discount

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
It must have been the SKB. I made yet another batch of C serum without SKB and used it last night. The puffiness has gone down about 90%.

I've been doing some searching on alternatives, and I stumbled across some information that flax seed gel (which I have made before for my hair) is a wonderful moisturizer for skin. So, I think I'll whip some up (it doesn't get any cheaper than that) and replace the SKB with FSG. Very Happy
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
That's really bizarre... as it's the main ingredient for so many of the raved on products... Wow!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
It is possible that you're mildly allergic to sea kelp, allergies could definitely cause puffy eyes.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Good point, alice. I didn't think of allergic reactions. I agree though.

I'm glad your puffiness is all better now JLeigh.
JLeigh
5% products discount

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's definitely allergies. I tried it again a few days ago, and PUFF! There came the bags again. Confused
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
JLeigh wrote:
Yes, it's definitely allergies. I tried it again a few days ago, and PUFF! There came the bags again. Confused

Sorry to hear but if it helps you feel any better, I don't find SKB to be of particular benefit to me. I'm not allergic to it but I didn't get the WOW that everyone was raving about.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
JLeigh wrote:
I'm beginning to suspect that the SKB I purchased from SkinActives is causing my puffy/baggy under-eyes. I've been using a new recipe for C serum that includes SKB, and suddenly I have puffy/baggy under eyes that lasts all day. I didn't have a problem with this before. I thought at first that it was the HA, so I made a new batch without it last night, and used it last night. I got plenty of sleep, but the bags are there this morning.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with SKB? I'm not even sure HOW SKB could have this effect, but I'm not sure what else to attribute it to. Any thoughts?

How old are you? Some of us want to have a little build under our eyes-- say the 50+ crowd. You might not need it and therefore it is showing up as bags? Or your skin might be reacting strangely to it.

(I haven't used it yet-- I am just supplying some troubleshooting thoughts.)

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
JLeigh
5% products discount

Sat May 02, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 36. But I'm discovering that it's not just the SKB now. I've used 2 base creams now with a few different actives, and it's giving me puffy eyes. The C serum (minus the SKB) doesn't, but everything else that I've tried so far is giving me the puffiness. It's driving me crazy.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
JLeigh wrote:
I'm 36. But I'm discovering that it's not just the SKB now. I've used 2 base creams now with a few different actives, and it's giving me puffy eyes. The C serum (minus the SKB) doesn't, but everything else that I've tried so far is giving me the puffiness. It's driving me crazy.

I'm 49 and I can't use some stuff that is supposed to 'build collagen' because it makes me too puffy. It could just be an individual thing-- like how different individuals react to certain ingredients.

Also, in 10 or 15 years you might find that the SKB is exactly what your skin needs at that time.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |