Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: NEW 2009 Product for Lash Growth-RapidLash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
When I was looking for some way to enhance what I could get from using Lumigan (the drug that was in Jan Marini, Revitalash and now Latisse) I came across this new product. Rapidlash.

From what i read about Lumigan many had results but many said they did not have the thickness that they had with the other successful products in the past. So I thought that the Lumigan was a good ingredient for growth the other companies must have added other things to enhance what their main ingredient did. Certainly adding nourishing ingredients would help. I thought about just keep using my Lumigan (I've had some length added in 4 weeks BTW) but add the new version of Revitalash. I was guessing they kept the other nourishing ingredients but took out the drug so I would essentially have the original product by mixing the two.

Well I came across this Rapid Lash and it is getting quite the buzz! Read on about this new product. And I have to say it does not, I repeat DOES NOT contain any prostaglandins like Lumigan or Bitmomost. They have an active ingredient that has the same growth enhancing abilities but have engineered it to not be considered a drug so they CAN get this to the masses.

For all those of you of always wanted to try an eyelash growth conditioner, or those of you who already love their LiLash, here’s a new interesting product for eyelash junkies: RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum.

In about a month, this innovative high-performance formula promotes the appearance of healthy, natural lash and brow growth with a simple once a day application. RapidLash offers maximum protection by delivering essential proteins, vitamins, moisturizing and rejuvenating ingredients that replenish and strengthen the structure of lashes and brows, while adding shine and elasticity.

Each lash strand is nourished providing incredible results that improve the appearance of thin, sparse eyebrows. RapidLash helps transform thin, brittle or short lashes into thicker, longer, healthier-looking lashes and brows.

Key ingredients:

* Potent Polypeptides help amplify the length, thickness and volume. Powerful Polypeptides provide effective protection against breakage and naturally supports longer, stronger more voluminous lashes.
* Vital proteins and vitamins help replenish and fortify.
Panthenol and rich minerals join forces to help replenish and rejuvenate lashes with essential proteins and vitamins that provide strength, shine and enhance lashes.
* Moisturizing and rejuvenating agents help add shine and flexibility. Unique moisturizing agents provide extreme hydration to lashes by locking in moisture while improving elasticity and durability.

the main active ingredient in the formulation is Isopropyl Cloprostenate, which has been isolated from the prostaglandin family using biotechnology.

Prostaglandin is the generic name for any group of lipid compounds that are derived enzymatically from fatty acids.

Promoting cell growth

Found in virtually all animal and human tissues and organs, they have a variety of functions in the body, the most important in this instance being that they can be used to promote cell growth.

The formulators effectively extracted and developed the Isopropyl Cloprostenate and then combined it with a bioengineered poly peptide, as well as a combination of targeted vitamins to maximize the efficacy of the product.

“What really benefits this formulation is the targeted mixture of ingredients, which has been developed to create a cocktail to compliment and further increase the efficacy of the peptides and other ingredients,” Richard Carieri, CEO of Skin Research Laboratories, told CosmeticsDesign.com.

Here are reviews and articles on it:
http://www.dermstore.com/reviews/product_Eyelash+Renewal+Serum_15373.htm

Here is a week to week diary of someone's use of Rapidlash:
http://glimmerglossglow.com/live/archives/1205

And looks like it is either in CVS stores or will be. This is a good sign if a big store like that is taking this on.
http://www.wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/rapidlash-expanding-to-cvs-1738992

As soon as I get it I will track my results with it.

I had to spend $12 for the Lumigan and $24 for shipping because a pharmacy in India is the only place that offers it w/o a Rx. It sells in US pharmacies for about $40.

I just got my Rapidlash off ebay in an auction for $28 and free shipping. So getting it off Ebay at $28 is even less than the Lumigan route. If it gets even bigger then these ebay prices will continue.

If someone really has something that works then it is brilliant that they sell it so cheap. Even the full price at $49 is a third of what most are selling theirs. They will sell more and make more $$ this way.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
As of 11:19 AM CST there is an auction on ebay for this at $31 right now with 50 minutes left!!!

http://shop.ebay.com/rapidlash?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=rapidlash&_naf=1

Here are search results with lowest price first:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__rapidlash_W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ72Q253A1205Q257C66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A12Q257C39Q253A1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ15QQ_scZ1
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Sale for Rapid Lash on ebay $24 free shipping/8 hours left. How can you not experiment with a price like that?

Search this:RAPIDLASH BY PROMAXYL-EYELASH RENEWAL SERUM NEW BOX 3ml

Won't let me put a link here.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Here is a commercial on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70dvH4tNWuc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2FRapidLash-Eyelash-Renewal-Serum-Free-Shipping_W0QQitemZ250389004879QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0&feature=player_embedded
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested the seller got more and his regular price from now on will be $37.99 plus free ship (still $10 lower than the cheapest deal on ebay) and an auction starting at $34.99 free ship if you want to go that route.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAPIDLASH-BY-PROMAXYL-EYELASH-RENEWAL-SERUM-NEW-BOX-3ml_W0QQitemZ120413288128QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120413288128%26_trksid=p3286.c0.m14%26_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

If you can't see the auction via that link I gave ya here is his store.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/rob-ideal-gifts
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

Im going to put an order in for this. Ive heard it can be quite irritating though, but im sure it cant be more than lilash was, which initially gave me an eye infection.

I also discovered this new one (see link), seems to be the most expensive out of all the lash enhancers but sounds good.

http://www.beautysnob.com/2009/01/the_quest_for_long_lashes.html

Wonder what the ingredients are?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
God there are so many out there aren't there?

I think this has been compared to Neulash because it has all those peptides for growth. But Neulash is like $150.

I just so many reviews and good reviews out there by random people and that tells me that it must work. I saw more saying Revitalash did not work for them than I did this Rapidlash. I mean the 5 stars just went on and on with Rapidlash.

It is $34 starting bid at ebay if you do a search on Rapidlash in all categories. free shipping too. $37.99 buy it now. I think that is cheap enough to experiment with.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I know everyone is jumping on the bad wagon. Im in the UK and like have longer eyelashes than most people, in a few years we'll all have ridiculosly long lashes!

Just ordered rapid lash, i dont know why as my eyelashes touch my eyebrows but im greedy for more growth and thickness.

How you getting on with it?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Angelboots wrote:

Wonder what the ingredients are?

Water (Aqua), Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Biotin, Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita Pepo Seed Extract (Pumpkin), Sea Water, Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizate, Alcohol Denat. (and Isopropyl Cloprostenate), Octapeptide 2, Copper Tripeptide 1, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Phosphatidylcholine, Polypeptide 23, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenisen, Sorbic Acid

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm seeing growth! I can tell when I curl them and adding mascara is making them incredibly long where as before I could barely get the mascara on without getting it on my lid!

I ordered lash tint and should be here soon. THAT will really show how well.

Did you get it from that ebay seller I posted? He has it for $34 starting bid and buy it now for $39. Free shipping. Lowest on there.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I had to order from another seller as im in the UK and needed to buy from a seller that ships a reasonable cost.

Which other lash enhancing products have you tried then?

I have tried lilash- but it made my eyelashes thin after a while

lumigan- caused really bad shedding
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
What ingredient (s) do you suppose is causing the success of this product?

Anyway - how do you like it Wenrwdy?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What ingredient (s) do you suppose is causing the success of this product?

Anyway - how do you like it Wenrwdy?

the main active ingredient in the formulation is Isopropyl Cloprostenate but I think it is more of a synergistic thing with the other peptides that it also has in it.

Here are my results. I put it together and added text. This is me I swear. Note this is only after TWO weeks. now I had been using Lumigan for a few weeks prior but quit once I started RL.

wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
OK here are some more. Matching the best I could. I did use a curler for the afters so that you could see them. I could not get my lashes in a curler before without mascara so this is amazing for me. I'm not getting the thickness I wanted but it has not been that long either. Will make that judgement in a couple of months so I can go through some growth/shed cycles. But I do think this is a keeper. I just ran out of my Lumigan. I was using it on my brows. Probably why it went faster. I'm gonna continue with the RL for my brows. Won't take a pic for those for a month so that I know which one was working.

By 4/27 I had already been using Lumigan for a couple of weeks. Stopped and used RL only.

Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you can really see the difference! They also look thicker.

My rapid lash has arrived at super fast speed. Used it yesterday and got no irritation. Will keep you updated.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
My eyebrows are really filling in. On the ends where I had some bald spots there are more hairs growing in.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
HEY!! This seller has Rapid LAsh on sale for $15.50 right now but going up/free shipping! Started at 99 cents!!! Today only SUNDAY MAY 17!!!! with 3 hours left.

He is the lowest you will get for this and this is his last week to offer these prices. The main company told him he could not offer it so low after these last auctions end. Most are low 30s. He will offer special deals though with the RAPIDLASH when his prices go up.

This is who I get my RL from. Right now he is selling it for $33 free shipping as a starting bid. also has one auction at $15.50 with 3 hours left!!! And other sales. He is the cheapest. I would try that $15 sale just to have it.

http://health-beauty.shop.ebay.com/items/Makeup__W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ31786QQ_ssnZrobQ2didealQ2dgiftsQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em282
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like there is another sale and right now bidding is at $10.50. Ends tomorrow late in the day.

If you want to try this, this is the time because the investment is low right now. You guys saw what I got in only 2 weeks. It is worth a try at this price.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Rapid lash update

Irritation- literally nothing, can be itchy occassionally but nothing like lilash or lumigan

Growth- i am actually growth, already, have probably grown 1 mm

Thickness improvement- there is an improvement, i can see baby lashes coming in along the hair line. yipee

Value- cant believe its so cheap the other brands have clearly been ripping us off!

Im loving rapid lash (for now!) lol!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I will post some pics this week. Need to wait until everyone is back to work and kids in summer activities. I just tinted my lashes black and that looks very nice. My bottom lashes I know are growing and they seem to be catching up with the top ones! Seriously, a couple of them are.

I like this stuff because not only did I get more growth in 2 weeks of using this than I did in a month of Lumigan, but no fear of darkening my eyelids or side effects like the Lumigan/Latisse.

I still don't know if it can beat the thickness I got with Jan Marini, we'll still have to see, but I am happy with the length. My mascara is fun to apply now, not difficult trying to FIND my lashes. I never used Revitalash so I can't compare.

We'll see if there is more growth comparing my pics next week. OR if I have reached my plateau.

Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I know what you mean about it being fun to apply mascara. I love applying my mascara each morning because i can see if i have any new growth.

I was thinking, do i really want my lashes longer than they are now. People continually ask me if they are real, lol!

I dont want lashes that everyone thinks are fake, as it defeats the object of using the serum.

I havent tried using it on my bottom lashes but as of tonight i will do and see if if makes a difference.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
You know a good mascara to use for seeing new growth? Maybeline Lash Discovery (appropriately named) It gets every little baby lash you have and really helps your lashline look like liner. I can go with mascara only because of this. Unless I want more dramatic make up of course.
JLWerner

Tue May 26, 2009 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone has considered trying the Latisse product but has been scared by the price, you might find it encouraging to know that one bottle (which is advertised to last for one month) actually lasts about 3.5 months.

The key is to NOT use the supplied applicators. If you save one of the little brushes that come with the various other lash-growth formulas and use that to dip into and apply the Latisse, it will last much, much longer while still giving you great results in a fairly short period of time.

I was initially reluctant to try it because of the price, but now that I know how long it lasts (and I'm seeing fabulous results) I can stomach the cost a little easier....
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Oh please don't buy Latisse when you can get the same thing with same ingredients in Lumigan. Lumigan made by Allergan (which makes Latisse) decided awhile ago that their Lumigan for Glaucoma was being added to all these lash products and those other companies (jan Marini and Revitalash) were making a ton of money.

So Allergan sued them and demanded they take them off the market and take it out of their formulas. Then Allergan took their Lumigan and put it in a pretty tube with special applicators and called it Latisse. That is all it is.

Since patients still need Lumigan for Glaucoma you can get Lumigan for $13 from an Indian pharmacy and pay $24 for shipping. You can't find many pharmacies here that do not require a Rx. You can buy several and save on shipping that way.

alldaychemist.com requires no Rx

Look it up. Lumigan and Latisse are the same thing.

I got my Rapid Lash for a lot cheaper so I went with it. But if I can't continue to get it under $49 I may go back with Lumigan. I'll just keep my rapidlash brush and use that.
JLWerner

Wed May 27, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Um....if you wanna take your chances ordering something from India, go for it. Who the heck really KNOWS what's in that bottle, or hold old it is?

Since it is a prescription item, I would urge everybody to go through the correct channels (getting a prescription) to use it. Make sure you're not going to have any ill effects. With Lumigan/Latisse, for example, you should have your eye pressure checked before you start using it and then monitored from time to time.

Then, when you've used it under a doctor's supervision for awhile, if you want to risk getting it 'under the table', then do it. But I NEVER support using any prescription item without first consulting a doctor. It's just not good practice. Latisse isn't just cosmetic.

But you're right, Lumigan and Latisse are exactly the same drug, under different names.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |