Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
young face - old hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:42 am      Reply with quote
while I'm working like crazy on my lines, sun marks, etc. (not to mention my neck is getting more attention than the Queen's & btw it isn't coming around as fast as my face is), I look down & my hands look pretty bad. I'm thankful that they work, mind you, but I inherited my dear mother's crepey, veiney, spotty, short fingered, big knuckled (no arthritis) hands. I'd liken it to my face now looks 10 years younger Dancing but my hands look 20 years older Sad . Like I'm 72&11 1/2/12ths years old!!!! Mad
I have always (I count the last 10 - 15 years now as always Cool ) used good hand products & for the past few months I have used Estee Lauder's spa line of sugar crystals at night & during the day before moisturizing. (I have the Peter Lamas hand combo on order now) I even dry brush them, get manicures, take supplements..........They are wonderfully soft but old Sad
Any hints - can I queeze one of those little strengthening balls, use ADCE, copper peps? All I can say is that it's a good thing that I don't work because I just don't have time what with straightening out all of these years of taking the bod for granted! Thanks!! Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean...my mum always said you could tell a person's age by their hands Sad

I've started applying CPs to my hands followed by emu oil morn and night. Dunno if it will work, but I'm not banking on it...Maybe we should all just start wearing gloves Laughing

Can they do hand lifts do you think?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Good idea. Actually maybe I should get a full staff to run my house, cook & clean - after all there are TWO of us here Laughing it's a big job - then I can walk around with warmed parrifin on my hands or wear gloves & someone can even feed me! I just googled Rolling Eyes & they have surface glycolic peels for the scars & spots -maybe I can give that a go. They also have plastic surgery for hands now - whoa - I'll take my time & work day & night on them from home. Laughing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have been reading up on this subject and yes you can treat your hands with all the stuff you put on face. ie: glycolic, retinol etc and that will help diminish age spots etc.
Also apparently the main reason aging hands look bony is because the natural fat padding beneath the skin disappears, leaving veins and tendons prominent. You can have injectable implants in the flat areas between tendons on backs of hands and just above wrists which will make them look youthful again.
Lori
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I'll never get anything like that done anywhere! Rolling Eyes Having said that the only things that have brought my hands back to life is shea butter or vaseline slathered all over, wear a pair of those white cosmetic gloves all night long. In the morning hands are so smooth. Another thing, wear sunblock on the tops daily!

And in a pinch, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp (or approx) of honey mixed in the palm of your hands and massaged into your hands up the wrists makes a wonderful smoother, exfoliator. Very Happy
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I've exercised my face with success - does anyone know if there are muscles in the tops of your hands? If we could do a "handercise" video we could all retire to our preferred pampering. We could be rich Cool
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:58 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I've exercised my face with success - does anyone know if there are muscles in the tops of your hands? If we could do a "handercise" video we could all retire to our preferred pampering. We could be rich Cool

A brilliant idea.
If we cannot find any true helpful facts or exercises, We could even make it up. Shhh
Look how many people still want to do the 3 day acne diet. Rolling Eyes
It's quite sad what people will believe in the hopes of achieving what they see as perfection.
Lori
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I am 28 and although everyone thinks I look 14 Laughing Embarassed the palms of my hands look like they belong to an elderly person. They are heavily lined, and they've been that way since I was little. The backs of my hands look normal, it's just the palms. I don't know if this is from having sweaty palms or what, but I really want to know if there is something I can use on the palms of my hands to decrease lines? I should add, that I don't have a problem with dryness, it's quite the opposite Embarassed
J&J
5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:38 am      Reply with quote
i am using the Hand repair healing hand cream from Bath and Body, its good for dry hand and not expensive.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime...if you have many lines on your palms and they are not dry or dehydrated, maybe you are leading and will continue to lead, a very interesting life Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl Laughing
funny that's what palm readers and psychics have said when I've had readings!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
As you get older the veins on your hand actually pop more. Just saw a show on TV about this. These are actually varicous veins Shock Doctors are now injecting the veins as they do the legs to collapse the hand veins.

This is a long thread so I hope I am not repeating myself but I love Mary Kays Satin Hands kit. The one Mary Kay product I am not without.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
You can definitely try using aha or retinol on your hands before bed and slather on spf in the morning.
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen is very important to prevent further discoloration and spots on your hands. You can treat your hands with glycolic acid and vitamin C to even out the skin tone, but at the same time sunscreen is essential, or the hyperpigmentation will come back.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
This is a long thread so I hope I am not repeating myself but I love Mary Kays Satin Hands kit. The one Mary Kay product I am not without.

I love this kit, too. It was the first Mary Kay product that I tried, and I have used it ever since. It is a nice moisturizing and exfoliating process. I don't really like the scent of the hand cream, but it works so well that I use it anyway Smile Also, the scent disappears quickly.

I also love Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Hand Cream: Look Ma, New Hands! It is very emollient and citrus scented. When my hands are going to be in water, I apply a barrier cream like Surgeon's Skin Secret. It helps to keep them from becoming dry.

Tina

Tina
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
while I'm working like crazy on my lines, sun marks, etc. (not to mention my neck is getting more attention than the Queen's & btw it isn't coming around as fast as my face is), I look down & my hands look pretty bad.

Leslie....

You can use the ES masque and serum on your hands that you are using on your face and neck. It usually takes a lot less time to dry on your hands than it does on your face.... maybe 10 min. Then use the moisturizer or hand cream of your choice. Smile

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Judy, what an excellent idea Idea I'll do it right now.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:43 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:

And I did do it. I only tried it on the flat of the tops of my hands & while I will have to work on application technique (how far over the edges, definitely down to my "watch" line on my wrists, & also on my fingers themselves) I was amazed Shock at the difference & the tight feeling that I still have in them right now. I used the ES serum when I was finished. Hand cream on top of that & even though it's mainly the middle of the top that it worked on, I can see that it will be of great benefit. I'll exfoliate beforehand ( no pun intended Laughing Laughing ) next time & also not try to dial the phone or move my hands around too much during "treatment" Rolling Eyes . Thank you for the ingenious tip. I'll keep everyone posted for sure - meanwhile, Judy, you'd better think of updating the marketing of the powers of this wonder masque! Wink I will supply the hands.

I want to try the varicous vein stuff from Janson-Beckett too, Winnie. I didn't know that's what they were!! And I'll be more careful with using a poduct with Spf & something with retinol or aha. Maybe Ian has those too!!!! Uh Oh! I feel a spending spree coming on - but at least I know that the $$ will work for me. Do you think that Ian has rubber gloves for when I do the dishes? Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Masque on hands Shock

What an awesome idea. Hubby and I have a dinner date tonight think I will give that a go!!!

Thanks for the tip Judy.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
RuthMarion wrote:

And I did do it. I only tried it on the flat of the tops of my hands & while I will have to work on application technique (how far over the edges, definitely down to my "watch" line on my wrists, & also on my fingers themselves) I was amazed Shock at the difference & the tight feeling that I still have in them right now. I used the ES serum when I was finished. Hand cream on top of that & even though it's mainly the middle of the top that it worked on, I can see that it will be of great benefit. I'll exfoliate beforehand ( no pun intended Laughing Laughing ) next time & also not try to dial the phone or move my hands around too much during "treatment" Rolling Eyes . Thank you for the ingenious tip. I'll keep everyone posted for sure - meanwhile, Judy, you'd better think of updating the marketing of the powers of this wonder masque! Wink I will supply the hands.

So glad it worked so well for you. I know of one woman who did just one hand for a while so she could see the difference and it was amazing. I say she did it; actually, her husband was retired and he would do a masque on her hand every night! Boy, talk about spoiled! Laughing

I'm sure all of you know that you can also apply it to the decollateau (not sure I spelled that right)... anyway, the chest. Makes you smooth as silk when you wear a plunging neckline! Wink

I told Winnie today that I was tempted to just go ahead and try it all over the body for a lift1 Laughing Can't you just picture that if the phone rings or you have to go to the bathroom in a hurry. You'd be walking like Frankenstein or a Mummy! Laughing

JUDY

JUDY

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |