Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Best self tanner?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Which of these would be best for face?

-Satin glow firming body moisturizer by avon
-TanTowel
-L'Oreal Sublime
-Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning Lotion
-St Tropez

For body I would recommend Sisley.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be watching this post. I tried St. Tropez on my face last night and don't like the way it has settled into my pores, giving them a dirty look. Savage Bronze didn't do this but unfortunately that one has been discontinued. I tend to prefer mousse tanners over lotions.
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the L'oreal Sublime. The color is nice on my fair skin and it didn't make my acne prone skin breakout
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
marnie wrote:
I really like the L'oreal Sublime. The color is nice on my fair skin and it didn't make my acne prone skin breakout

I'm so annoyed because I actually just went to Target to get this and they only had Sublime Bronze. Sad I don't want to look like a disco ball so I picked up a can of the new Banana Boat mist tan to try.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
This topic is right up my alley for the moment!! Very Happy ....I currently am in search of a sunless tanner for my face...I am using retin-a and Paula's Choice skin lightener daily to rid myself of freckling. I started indoor tanning strictly to get some color for my trip to Germany next month as normally I do not tan what so ever.

I am not tanning my face at all and want a sunless tanner to kind of blend my face with my body a bit. I wasn't even sure if I could use a sunless tanner while using retin and the lightener and asked that question on another thread...but anywho, any suggestions on a nice face tanner would be great so keep em coming!!

***Wanted to note that a patient of mine suggested the Sephora brand spray on tanner...haven't tried it yet, but she loves it, not sure I want a spray on tanner though and I think this is just a spray on tan, not the gradual tanner.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
What about Dior Bronze and Garnier Spray Tan?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Having tried most of them as my sister-in-law is a major rep for MAC and used to be for Lancome, Loreal, Estee Lauder and Clinique, I got lots of tubes/samples.
I have found being very fair and very sensitive to odors that Clarins has been my top favorite. Dries fast, doesn't streak and leaves a very slight odor compared to most.
For the face, Lancome's face bronzing gel with Vitamin E has been my favorite for years. A little goes a long way and looks very natural, while not breaking me out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Having tried most of them as my sister-in-law is a major rep for MAC and used to be for Lancome, Loreal, Estee Lauder and Clinique, I got lots of tubes/samples.
I have found being very fair and very sensitive to odors that Clarins has been my top favorite. Dries fast, doesn't streak and leaves a very slight odor compared to most.
For the face, Lancome's face bronzing gel with Vitamin E has been my favorite for years. A little goes a long way and looks very natural, while not breaking me out.

Is this the one you meant?

http://www.lancome-usa.com/sunbody/self-tan/flash-bronzer-medium-face-lotion.htm
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Definitely Clarins for face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins liquid bronze is nice and easy to apply but it did give my pimple. I might try next time the intense bronze tint.
Lancome gel give me pimple too.
I try Paula Begoun self tanner but I did not see a change. The color was not enough.
I am currently using Biotherm Sun Tan face gel and I like it a lot. Nice texture, the product is tinted so you get immediate glow and doesn't break me out. I apply at night 30 min. after my regular skincare. Hope that helps !

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link to a self tanner recommended by Truth in Aging:

http://www.truthinaging.com/2009/04/reviewed-and-recommended-famous-dave%e2%80%99s-sunless-self-tanner.html
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale-that's the one, they also used to make it in a gel, which I liked better but is harder to find.
I also like the Lancome bronzer for legs, it gives instant color while developing and adds a glow and sparkle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Barksdale-that's the one, they also used to make it in a gel, which I liked better but is harder to find.

Tight=D, how long is it lasting?
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Anymore thoughts about which one's best?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using Jergens Natural Glow Express....so far I like what I see

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
kathrina915
5% products discount

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I self tan my body (tan towels) but can't for the life of me keep a self tan on my face. I gave up and use a Bronzer! Works great and doesn't mess with my products.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
kathrina915 wrote:
I self tan my body (tan towels) but can't for the life of me keep a self tan on my face. I gave up and use a Bronzer! Works great and doesn't mess with my products.

Which bronzer do you use?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I reapply it every 3 days and it will last as long as you continue to keep it up. If I stopped, it takes about a week to wear off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
For what it's worth,in this weeks People Magazine , May 4, 2009, on page 114, Lindsay Lohan says she's tried every product on the market and , in her opinion, Sephora's Sevin Nyne is the best formula for tanning mist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I just read that on a plane this weekend. I was going to try it sometime since Sephora has a great return policy. If it isn't what great I will exchange it for my Clarins and more lancome.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I just started using Jergens Natural Glow Express....so far I like what I see

I use the Jergens Moisturizer on my body and LOOOvvvvee the color it gives my legs. Is the Natural Glow Express for the face?
Lou
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:21 am      Reply with quote
You can use it all over the body, not just specifically for the face... Very Happy I just use it on my face because I am indoor tanning the rest of my body.

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |