Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best collagen supplements?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:06 am      Reply with quote
What's the best collagen supplement in capsule/pill form? I'm taking 5mg BioSil a day, but I'm looking for something more. Btw, I'm 20, but I still think it's important to get collagen=D
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
BioSil is NOT a collagen supplement. It is ch-OSA, which is a biologically active version of silicon.

It does help support collagen generation (as well as keratin and elastin), but that is quite different than taking collagen itself.

http://www.natrol.com/biosil/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BioSil is NOT a collagen supplement. It is ch-OSA, which is a biologically active version of silicon.

It does help support collagen generation (as well as keratin and elastin), but that is quite different than taking collagen itself.

http://www.natrol.com/biosil/

Ok, I guess I'm still looking for a collagen supp then..
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Toki collagen supplement is awesome. It comes as a powder drink mix or tablets.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Over at the QVC beauty board they have been talking about a collagen powder that many are taking. I know that a few of the threads have been deleted because they get so long, but check it out.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I don't eat meat so I cannot take collagen Supplements as they are from an animal source but eating a healthy wholefood diet high in anti-oxidents as well has looking after your skin using sunscreen everyday and good habits are probably the best bet for protecting and optimizing your collagen production into the future. You are still young so it's a really good time for you to start.

Here is a link to a previous thread on collagen supplements: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18032
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think who just 20 may not need collagen supplement , it's for 25+ at least, isn't it
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
chyi wrote:
I think who just 20 may not need collagen supplement , it's for 25+ at least, isn't it

In my opinion, the earlier you begin the better. Remember skin aging begins from the day your born..
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I completely agree with Barksdale. Preventative anti-aging and collagen supplementation never goes to waste, our bodies are in a constant state of catabolism so the more collagen you have the better.
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
What about adding Proline to help building collagen?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
BioCell Collagen II is good for skin and joints.

BioCell Collagen IIŽ

Feeling better and looking younger.* Perhaps no other nutritional ingredient works with the human body in so many ways to provide these exciting features than BioCell Collagen IIŽ(hydrolyzed collagen type II).

BioCell Collagen IIŽ is a natural hydrolyzed type II collagen ingredient that provides a complex matrix of elements (Collagen Type II, Chondroitin Sulfate & Hyaluronic Acid) that support joint and skin health. With the patented process, BioCell Collagen IIŽ was developed as a low molecular weight ingredient that could be easily absorbed by the body.*

BioCell Collagen IIŽ is a revolutionary powerhouse ingredient that provides the body with "tissue specific food" for maximum nutritional support. The most common structural protein in the body is Collagen and BioCell Collagen IIŽ is the ultimate collagen food. By supplying the body with key collagen building blocks such as Collagen Type II, Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid and a unique Amino Acid profile, BioCell Collagen IIŽ provides nutritional support few other ingredients can offer. BioCell Collagen IIŽ is widely used by our marketing partners in products providing nutritional support and promoting:

* Healthy Active Joints*
* Healthy Young Looking Skin*
* Healthy Strong Connective Tissue*
* Healthy Cardiovascular System*

I just found this one (below) and although it does not have as much HA as my Doctor's Best with HA it does have a LOAD of Collagen- 1500 mg! I'm thinking about changing over to this brand. It never came up on my searches because I was always using HA as my keywords.

BioCell II by Olympian Labs
http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=5152
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
What about adding Proline to help building collagen?

Anyone who knows?
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
meiji amino collagen
mk12
5% products discount

Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Neocell Super Collagen Plus C. It comes in either tablet or powder form. The price is great, and it has a low molecular size which is supposed to make it more easily absorbed. I always notice benefits when I take it.
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
mk12 wrote:
I like the Neocell Super Collagen Plus C. It comes in either tablet or powder form. The price is great, and it has a low molecular size which is supposed to make it more easily absorbed. I always notice benefits when I take it.

Just checked the ingredients list of Neocell, and it didn't look to promising..For example, no hydraulic acid and chicken collagen..
mk12
5% products discount

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
mk12 wrote:

Just checked the ingredients list of Neocell, and it didn't look to promising..For example, no hydraulic acid and chicken collagen..

Chicken collagen is type II which is primarily for articular cartilage / joint problems. Types I and III are the types of collagen used for skin, hair and other tissues.

I take Hyaluronic Acid separately (Now brand), so I don't mind that it's not in the Super Collagen plus C. If you want a supplement that contains HA, you could try Neocell Labs, Collagen + H.A. with Natural Hyaluronic Acid. Iherb sells it, but I don't have enough posts to include a direct link.
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread a bit;D
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
bird's nest!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
What about fish collagen then?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Have to agree with DevDio on that one...I've been taking Neocell for almost 2 months now and I love the stuff! The first thing I noticed was a bit of plumper lips and the fact they felt so moisturized, like I have lip balm on all the time.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this in the past and can't say I'm sure it did anything. I keep reading that collagen cannot be absorbed and utilized by the body in the way we'd like it to be. vitamin C helps with collagen but the link is more indirect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm actually using a collagen supplement right now - I got it from the UK. It is meant to be taken on an empty stomach - probably to minimize gastric secretion. I can't recall the exact name. I think I need to quit entirely to tell if it's doing anything. PLus I do so many other things that are "supposed" to help the whole package. I'm not sure what's doing what. I do believe HA helps and that is one supplement I'll never stop taking.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Bren21 and DevDio,

Neocell has several different products - which particular ones are you ladies using that are giving such good results?
TIA
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:13 am      Reply with quote
The collagen I use has four types of clgn. - It is from the UK.
http://www.aivahealth.co.uk

It is called Ultra Coll. by Pureclinica.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed mild skin firming from taking 5,000 mg of vitamin C a day.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŽ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |