Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Summer is approaching, need help with Sunscreen!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I have completed my Obagi Nuderm regimen and I am on the maintenance program. As summer comes closer and closer I am fearing to ruin the results. What type of sunscreen is the best to protect my skin from the sun and what type of waterproof sunscreen as well. I would like both.
Thanks!
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido SPF 55 - high SPF, not oily, and water-resistant. You can also check its reviews on MUA.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Bioderma Photoderm Max Lait. This one is my favorite. The spf is about 100 (although they are only allowed to say 50+) and the ppd protection is about 38, which is extremely high. It is a similar texture and finish to the Shiseido, which is really nice, but the Shiseido's ppd is only about 8-10.

Bioderma is from overseas, so it's harder to find, but worth it. I order 2-3 tubes to make up for shipping costs and they last me all summer.

If you want a physical sunblock, there are some decent ones. Try to get at least 11% zinc oxide. Adding another layer of titanium dioxide (such as in a mineral foundation or powder) is even more protection. One brand of sunblock is BurnOut, which is 18.6% zinc oxide. As physical blocks can be whitening, you can use something like Dr. Hauschka's Bronze Concentrate and mix a little bit in.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Bioderma,LRP and Avene are the three most strong sunblock so far. But they are not comfortable on the face.

Japanese sunblock are more comfortable.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
skinceuticals has a nice sunscreen product once you could endure it because it seems a little fake white to my asian fairy light skin tone.
except that, it could be called an excellent sunscreen.

by the way , does anyone have a try on vivier sunscreen line?
i would like to purchase its sole tinted sunscreen. sounds good. pigmented and protective except its price Embarassed .
Sabrinafr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Chanel UV Essence or Dior Snow Sunblock. Both are good choices.
nedkelly1985
5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Sofina
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
AQ suncream with spf 38 is comfortable.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I recommend the Solar Expertise line from L'oreal. I trust L'oreal's patented UVA filtering tech and this line is really cheap. Plus the texture is very light. I use the one with SPF 50+ for face in summer..
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking on the Sheshido website and the 55 one does not seem to be there! have they discontinued this?

I am looking for one suitable for very oily skin with a high spf?
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I love kiehl's
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreens are soooo individual... It took me a couple years to find my HG sunscreen for facial use... For me, hands down it's NIA24 Mineral sunscreen. Also contains 5% Pro-Niacin, which helps to restore the skin barrier --- also makes a great primer. A must for face and neck. It's a great value for the $$, unlike some sunscreens for the face that cost so much I won't use the required amount.

2nd on my list of facial sunscreens is PSF SPF 50, although the one thing I don't like about this is that it's not a physical but chemical. MY own comfort level when it comes to sunscreen is that I only want to use a physical barrier.

For the rest of my, Blue Lizard formulation for children is 100% mineral and inexpensive enough I can stock up on a few tubes at a time and keep one in several of my purses so I'm never without it. In a pinch, I'll use it on my face as well without clogging pores.

Good luck... there are countless threads here on EDS re: sunscreens -- just like any other skincare routine and product, it's very individual and what works for another person won't necessarily work for you.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I have been using clarins uv plus (spf40) and shiseido ultimate sun protection lotion (blue bottle with spf55). They are good. Recently tried another one that i feel is good, Aveeno positive ageless sunblock lotion (spf70).
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Sunscreens are soooo individual... It took me a couple years to find my HG sunscreen for facial use... For me, hands down it's NIA24 Mineral sunscreen. Also contains 5% Pro-Niacin, which helps to restore the skin barrier --- also makes a great primer. A must for face and neck. It's a great value for the $$, unlike some sunscreens for the face that cost so much I won't use the required amount.

2nd on my list of facial sunscreens is PSF SPF 50, although the one thing I don't like about this is that it's not a physical but chemical. MY own comfort level when it comes to sunscreen is that I only want to use a physical barrier.

For the rest of my, Blue Lizard formulation for children is 100% mineral and inexpensive enough I can stock up on a few tubes at a time and keep one in several of my purses so I'm never without it. In a pinch, I'll use it on my face as well without clogging pores.

Good luck... there are countless threads here on EDS re: sunscreens -- just like any other skincare routine and product, it's very individual and what works for another person won't necessarily work for you.

you are absolutely right, something works for someone might not always work for me. I have read up on the Blue Lizard and I am going to try it out...I am more concerned about my face than body although it's just as important. Ijust don't want to reverse my sun spots and have it all come back. I love the sun but it's so bad ....
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Bioderma is awesome. If you've been on Obagi you'll really want an extremely high PPD in your sunscreen to make sure you don't get any pigment return. Bioderma's PPD is 38. I don't think there's any higher anywhere.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Bioderma Photoderm Max Milk/Lait is not uncomfortable on the skin at all, IMHO. It has a very nice finish and melts right into the skin. I like to mix it with the Photoderm Max tinted cream for a lovely tinted moisturizer look with great coverage.

I use Blue Lizard Sensitive for days when I'm just staying inside all day. I mix a little Dr. Hauschka Bronze Concentrate with it as it is whitening. I also try to use other mineral products on top if I go outside at all just to raise the protection a little. Drugstore.com has a good-sized bottle of this for the same price as the smaller tubes in the drugstore (about $10).
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I saw then new Cetaphil SPF 50 yesterday. It is supposed to be for all skin types. I can't wait to read reviews on this one.
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
good question, I also need help with Sunscreen , tried many kinds of, but didnot fit my face in summer
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:

Hi Athena,
I would like to purchase Blue Lizard sunscreen for my children. Can you tell me where you get it from? Would you consider this the best overall sunscreen for children? I live in South Florida and with summer around the corner I would like to get the best protection for the kids before we spend hours by the pool or at the beach.
Thanks,
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
seabliss wrote:
Bioderma Photoderm Max Milk/Lait is not uncomfortable on the skin at all, IMHO. It has a very nice finish and melts right into the skin. I like to mix it with the Photoderm Max tinted cream for a lovely tinted moisturizer look with great coverage.

I use Blue Lizard Sensitive for days when I'm just staying inside all day. I mix a little Dr. Hauschka Bronze Concentrate with it as it is whitening. I also try to use other mineral products on top if I go outside at all just to raise the protection a little. Drugstore.com has a good-sized bottle of this for the same price as the smaller tubes in the drugstore (about $10).

sorry but what does Drugstore.com have for about 10 dollars? Blue Lizard? thanks,
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I just checked Drugstore and I saw the Blue Lizard. I should have checked before asking. Thanks for the heads up. Lou
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
seabliss wrote:

Seabliss these two are exactly what I use together. I love them. I put a light coat of translusent powder over the top for shine.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:

Hi Athena,
I would like to purchase Blue Lizard sunscreen for my children. Can you tell me where you get it from? Would you consider this the best overall sunscreen for children? I live in South Florida and with summer around the corner I would like to get the best protection for the kids before we spend hours by the pool or at the beach.
Thanks,
Lou

Hi Lou, one of the things I like best about Blue Lizard is it's accessibility... the price is very accessible as well. Do you have CVS in Florida? Here on the west coast in CA, CVS carries Blue Lizard... --- it's carried in most drug stores and costs $10 for a 3 oz. tube. For such a small price, then we use as much of it as we need rather than try to "conserve" it...

2 of my nephews have very fair and sensitive skin.... last time we went to the beach, we kept them covered with this and they did NOT get sunburned. That it absorbs quickly prevented sand from sticking to the surface of their skin... we reapplied it every time they got out of the water.

Hope this helps,

Athena

Very cool, I just checked drugstore.com and you can purchase it from here as well! 5 oz. for $12.99, even better! Oh, drugstore.com offers free shipping of you spend at least $25 USD

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1&Ntt=blue+lizard&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

The one I use has the blue label, for sensitive skin. Titanium and zinc --- no chemicals.

Here's a link for cvs as well... wow, they're having a sale on Blue Lizard, even better price than drugstore.com!
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/search/search_results.jsp?oss=1&removeAllFacets=true&addFacet=SRCH:blue%20lizard

I'll have to go stock up. I usually buy 4-5 tubes at a time and keep one tube in all my purses so I always have one onhand.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
NIVEA
I use a lot of years, cheap, not greasy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
La Roche-Posay Daily UV Protection SPF50/PA+++ PPD18 is my favorite. It is comfortable and provide high protection.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |