Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do eye creams really work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hkr888
5% products discount

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I've started noticing fine lines around my eyes, I'm in my late 20s. A friend suggested I should start using eye creams but I had read somewhere that they are just marketing ploys and your regular moisturizer should be enough to do the job. What are your experiences with eye creams? And what are some of the best ones out there?

Thanks! Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
In general I dont think eye creams are anything special. There are some that contain retinol which can help but for the most part you dont really know what % is in the product so it can be hit or miss.

Your best bets IMO are to use antioxidant serums and sunscreen. And don't forget sunglasses too!
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
For me, eye cream did not bring amazing effect. I just hope it can prevent fine lines growing.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
There are studies that say eye creams make things worse instead of better - Actually those studies apply to moisturizers, not actives. But if your eye cream is only as a moisturizer supposedly it decreases your bodies ability to make it's own moisture, whereby making your body all the more dependent upon the moisturizer. If I find the study I will post.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think eye creams differ much from face creams. But some face creams are thick so that if you use them as eye cream you have to apply some force which may hurt the delicate eye area.
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

A general rule of thumb is that the skin around the eyes is more sensitive and fine lines just appear easily. Thus, I think eye cream does help to prevent the fine lines and normal face cream might be just too strong for the eye area. I normally use hydrating eye masks too and after that you can massage it around your eye Smile
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
i think eye cream can't help remove existing lines.
maybe roc's really has some effect to fine wrinkles under your eyes. one of my friend use it regularly and in 8 weeks, an obvious fine line under her eye disappeared. it's a true experience.
but the effective ingredient is retinol which could make me allergic.
and so i have a try on sundari eye oil.but no visable changes after 2 weeks. maybe i should wait for a longer time.
nedkelly1985
5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Yiying wrote:
For me, eye cream did not bring amazing effect. I just hope it can prevent fine lines growing.

Agree.
But if method of use is wrong, it will be worse.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
I don't believe in eye creams. I believe eye creams are just high priced weaker versions of the moisturizers or treatment products we use on our faces. To me skin is skin whether it be my cheeks, chin, neck or under my eyes it's all just skin. I use my treatment products full face including around my eyes like Renova and then my regular facial moisturizer. In the AM it is especially important to use some type of antioxidant serum or cream on your face including around the eye area. The products that make a bigger difference are treatment products like Retin-A, Renova, retinols, AHA's, and antioxidants. I am not a believer in peptides. All they do is dry out my skin. I like to use products that are proven by science to repair skin. I admit there may be a few eye creams out there that have decent ingredients in them that can make a difference like eye creams with retinol in them. I just prefer to pay less by using the face product rather than paying for a watered down version for use around my eyes. I suppose if someone has really sensitive eyes the weaker products may be best suited for them but I do not have sensitive skin.

This is just my opinion. What works for my skin may not be right for yours.
Sammin

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Of course it works but it can only prevent the lines appear not elimite them.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Of course it works but it can only prevent the lines appear not elimite them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I think eye cream is not very different with face moisturizer, but I use it everyday, just for comfort.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
My philosophy is eye cream should find its position in a girl's skincare regimen as early as possible.

It dosen't really work for wrinkles or even fine lines. But if you keep using it for years, it maintains the skin around eyes in a better state. And probably, with healthy life style(e.g. go to bed on time, don't stare at computer for hours and so on...), eye cream can help prevent the formation of lines or wrinkles.....
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
i should say ,eye cream can protect eye cycle's problems, but not solve the problems.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
nedkelly1985 wrote:
Yiying wrote:

Agree.
But if method of use is wrong, it will be worse.

I think so
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree that should use skin care products early before you found any problem. I did not take good care of my skin when i was younger, and now i found a few fine lines around my eyes and tried a lot of things, still did not fix the problem and i am trying everything possible now. Sad
I learned from this forum that retin-a, aha will help, did not try yet. good luck to you and myself. Smile
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
I don't think eye creams differ much from face creams. But some face creams are thick so that if you use them as eye cream you have to apply some force which may hurt the delicate eye area.

Ugh be ware of millia. My first eye cream - Napoleon Perdis (pretty crap in my opinion) just fertilizes my millia. I watched it grow bigger every morning after I used it. I think the ideal eye cream should provide extra moisture but not create millia and not pose a threat to sensitive skin/eyes.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for all your help! That was very informative, I'll start looking into some of the options and alternatives that you have suggested.

Much appreciated Very Happy
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I use eye cream from christine dior but find it too rich for me..at time i use cucumber just to paste it on my eyes and leave it for 15mins it works abit..
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Until I started using Valmont Glacier eye cream I did not believe in eye creams at all Cool
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
The only eye cream that works for me so far is the L'Oreal Revitalift Eye. It does have retinol. However, I do not know if it works to reduce fine lines. I don't have fine lines right now and they are not showing up. I'm in my 30s. Anyway, what I do notice when I use this eye cream versus other ones or not using any is that my eyes are more refreshed looking. My upper lids are more lifted and don't droop. My puffiness is greatly reduced. Some days they are completely gone and flattened out after I apply the eye cream a while. I don't have dark circles, so not sure how that will be addressed. My lids are hydrated with use of this cream. I'm already almost done with the jar. I'm also already buying a different eye cream to try though. I am not loyal to any brand usually, so seem to itch to try a different eye cream. Laughing Confused
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Eye cream did not works well on me,the only thing they can do is hydrates your skin around eyes
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't particularly get into eye cream... I generally use my face creams right up to my lash lines... That said, I do actually use an eye cream. It has kojic acid in it... and I actually use it all over my face to help with some melasma... My only reason for getting it... I'm pretty sure it's working... Plus, I figure it should be formulated to really get close to the eye, so it shouldn't bother my eyes or contacts or anything like that...

5% products discount

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I never have really used any eye cream until recently. I was starting not to like the bags under my eyes in the morning and it was difficult to get them to go down before I had to leave in the morning. The 100% Pure eye cream is wonderful! They rave about this on the QVC boards...so I decided to try. It has caffeine and really does the job. I'm not concerned about lines yet but many say it is great for lines also. Super for dark circles too!
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
donot work , but have to use
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |