Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best product for toenail fungus?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Thank you everyone for such a great advice. I'm ready to try everything. The combination sounds really good to me. I thought it was a bruise, but now I changed my mind since the black color never went away. The strange thing is it doesn't itch. I did not realize toenail fungus can be brown/black color. The one I saw before was whitish/yellowish.

Does anyone know how to prevent it from occurring again once I got rid of this one?

A black spot, or tiny black spots are bacterial infections. That's what I had. (you are right that fungus infections are usually yellow)

After I did the vinegar soaks (10-20 minutes, twice daily) for about 2 months, it went away and didn't come back. Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
20 years? I didn't know toenail fungus can last that long! I'm glad you got rid of it now.

It can last forever if not treated and disfigure the nails so that they become like a horn - twisted and thick. It can also cause cellulitis of the nailbeds.

It can be picked up from carpeting that has been infected by someone who has the fungus or sharing shoes with an infected person. You must throw away your shoes after you've been cured and deep clean the carpets to keep from reinfecting yourself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
It can be picked up from carpeting that has been infected by someone who has the fungus or sharing shoes with an infected person. You must throw away your shoes after you've been cured and deep clean the carpets to keep from reinfecting yourself.

Throw away your shoes Shock
I have what I think must be a fungus in my big toe as it's thick and browny coloured.
This thread has been awesome. Thanks everyone. I'm going to start with doing the vinegar soaks, the vicks and take some colostrom supps.
But please tell me that most of you did NOT throw away all your shoes?
I have so many and I LOVE them.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
health2u wrote:
Bira wrote:
Thank you everyone for such a great advice. I'm ready to try everything. The combination sounds really good to me. I thought it was a bruise, but now I changed my mind since the black color never went away. The strange thing is it doesn't itch. I did not realize toenail fungus can be brown/black color. The one I saw before was whitish/yellowish.

Does anyone know how to prevent it from occurring again once I got rid of this one?

A black spot, or tiny black spots are bacterial infections. That's what I had. (you are right that fungus infections are usually yellow)

After I did the vinegar soaks (10-20 minutes, twice daily) for about 2 months, it went away and didn't come back. Smile

If it's bacterial infection, it should be much easier to cure than fungal. I hope it is bacterial. I just bought some oil of oregano (hasn't arrived) but hope to use it on the toe soon.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, thank you so much for the links and write ups of your opinion on the OoO.

May I ask what other OoO did you buy that was ineffective? I just ordered one from online and I hope it's not the one you mentioned. Sad I had no idea there's a difference.

I will have to try taking it internally, too. If it's bacterial instead of fungal, it should kill it, too.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Bethany, thank you so much for the links and write ups of your opinion on the OoO.

May I ask what other OoO did you buy that was ineffective? I just ordered one from online and I hope it's not the one you mentioned. Sad I had no idea there's a difference.

I will have to try taking it internally, too. If it's bacterial instead of fungal, it should kill it, too.

Bira, I bought from this place:
http://www.se1.us/health/oregano/

Back when I originally purchased (years ago), I am pretty sure that the site talked about getting their wild oregano from the Mediterranean like the P73 stuff. But that appears to be gone now. Confused

The owner recently told me that taking the gelcaps would not eliminate a systemic fungal infection, and that you really need to do the under the tongue approach because it enters your bloodstream 10 times faster. But I was doing that as well as the caps and didn't see much in the way of results, so this time I am going for the branded stuff.

I emailed the P73 company tonight and asked for their advice on the best regimen to get fungus under control...I'll let you know what I find out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Back when I originally purchased (years ago), I am pretty sure that the site talked about getting their wild oregano from the Mediterranean like the P73 stuff. But that appears to be gone now. Confused

I was looking at the site where I previously purchased, and their focus is on the level of carvacrol when comparing their product to others (and made me originally think it was stronger).

But the study below shows that carvacrol isn't the only factor. Too bad I didn't read these years ago! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
In this paper we have demonstrated, that origanum oil effectively inhibits the in vitro growth of C. albicans, a human yeast-like fungus which can cause both systemic and superficial infections in debilitated individuals. In addition we have shown that origanum oil directly inhibits germination and filament formation (the two phases required for tissue invasion) by C. albicans. Nevertheless, the novel fungicidal property of origanum oil was of superior efficacy as compared to carvacrol against the germination and mycelial elongation of pathogenic strain of C. albicans in vitro. Furthermore, selected concentrations of origanum oil demonstrated therapeutic efficacy comparable to the effective examined dose for amphotericin B (1.0 mg) in protecting the mice from systemic candidiasis. The overall clinical appearance of the mice receiving origanum oil was cosmetically better than those receiving carvacrol (data not shown), although this difference in appearance could possibly be attributed to the presence of additional constituent phenols such as thymol, terpenes and flavonoids in origanum oil [4]. It has been demonstrated that some of these components of origanum oil have antispasmodic and antioxidant activities, in addition to their antimicrobial potentials [23, 28, 29]. A comparative study of these components may shed more light not only on the antifungal potentials, but also on the pharmacological effects of each of these components. It is interesting to speculate that secondary infections due to C. albicans in debilitated individuals such as those having diabetes and HIV infection may be prophylactically controlled by the daily intake of small amounts of oregano oil, either alone or added to a food.

http://www.p-73.com/pdf/antifungalcandida.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
I can tell you from experience that none of those nail lacquer like products work. I tried several of them, including prescription types and they did nothing for me. I also tried the tea tree oil, oil or oregano, and vinegar treatments without any luck. After 5 years I gave up and got a prescription for oral Lamasil pills and the fungus was completely gone within 8 months. Just be sure if you do use it to get your blood tests done as it can be pretty harsh on your system. I was lucky not to have any side effects.

I think the effectiveness of treatments depends on the degree of infection and the area of infection. Mine was the entire nail and the nail was growing in like that from under the skin. Perhaps if it's just a corner or 'side' of the nail treatment will be more effective.

May I ask what was the color of your nail fungus? I'm confused now if mine is fungus or bacterial. I didn't know bacteria can infect nails.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Bira wrote:

The owner recently told me that taking the gelcaps would not eliminate a systemic fungal infection, and that you really need to do the under the tongue approach because it enters your bloodstream 10 times faster. But I was doing that as well as the caps and didn't see much in the way of results, so this time I am going for the branded stuff.

I emailed the P73 company tonight and asked for their advice on the best regimen to get fungus under control...I'll let you know what I find out.

Phew, it's not the same web site I bought, but that web site did not mention anything about P73 either. It only has it as a high cervacrol percentage. Once I receive it, I will take it under the tongue as you suggest.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

I was looking at the site where I previously purchased, and their focus is on the level of carvacrol when comparing their product to others (and made me originally think it was stronger).

But the study below shows that carvacrol isn't the only factor. Too bad I didn't read these years ago! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
In this paper we have demonstrated, that origanum oil effectively inhibits the in vitro growth of C. albicans, a human yeast-like fungus which can cause both systemic and superficial infections in debilitated individuals. In addition we have shown that origanum oil directly inhibits germination and filament formation (the two phases required for tissue invasion) by C. albicans. Nevertheless, the novel fungicidal property of origanum oil was of superior efficacy as compared to carvacrol against the germination and mycelial elongation of pathogenic strain of C. albicans in vitro. Furthermore, selected concentrations of origanum oil demonstrated therapeutic efficacy comparable to the effective examined dose for amphotericin B (1.0 mg) in protecting the mice from systemic candidiasis. The overall clinical appearance of the mice receiving origanum oil was cosmetically better than those receiving carvacrol (data not shown), although this difference in appearance could possibly be attributed to the presence of additional constituent phenols such as thymol, terpenes and flavonoids in origanum oil [4]. It has been demonstrated that some of these components of origanum oil have antispasmodic and antioxidant activities, in addition to their antimicrobial potentials [23, 28, 29]. A comparative study of these components may shed more light not only on the antifungal potentials, but also on the pharmacological effects of each of these components. It is interesting to speculate that secondary infections due to C. albicans in debilitated individuals such as those having diabetes and HIV infection may be prophylactically controlled by the daily intake of small amounts of oregano oil, either alone or added to a food.

http://www.p-73.com/pdf/antifungalcandida.pdf

How much cervacrol percent does the P73 have? Do you know? I was a little confused reading the article. Where did they get the isolated cervacrol? I thought that OoO has cervacrol, but they were comparing OoO with cervacrol. Confused
SummerwindNC

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Bira, you have a black spot? How long has it been there? The reason I'm asking is because my oldest & dearest friend had one...it turned out to be skin cancer under her big toe nail. She's fine now but who knows what could have happened if she didn't just happen to mention it to her doctor (about getting that speck of dirt out).
Be safe!
Summer
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
How much cervacrol percent does the P73 have? Do you know? I was a little confused reading the article. Where did they get the isolated cervacrol? I thought that OoO has cervacrol, but they were comparing OoO with cervacrol. Confused

I have no idea of the %...they don't have that on the site anywhere. But my take away from the article was that the cervacrol was an important component of the OoO, but not the only factor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
SummerwindNC wrote:
Bira, you have a black spot? How long has it been there? The reason I'm asking is because my oldest & dearest friend had one...it turned out to be skin cancer under her big toe nail. She's fine now but who knows what could have happened if she didn't just happen to mention it to her doctor (about getting that speck of dirt out).
Be safe!
Summer

It's been there for maybe a month now. At first I thought it was bruised from wearing these clogs, but after waiting for the bruise to lighten up, and it never did, I started to think it was fungus, but the only fungus I saw was yellow. I think I'm going to see my doctor after all instead of self-diagnose! Cancer doesn't sound too appealing to me. Confused
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Bira wrote:

I have no idea of the %...they don't have that on the site anywhere. But my take away from the article was that the cervacrol was an important component of the OoO, but not the only factor.

Today I saw an OoO at a health food store. They were selling the one with P73 written on it but no cervacrol listed. It was $30 for 1 oz. You got a good deal from iherbs.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Update: Last night I tried cutting into the nail that has the black color underneath it. The nail started to peel like it was not even attached to my toe anymore. So I kept digging and cutting off more. Then I tried rubbing alcohol on the exposed part, and bits of brown scabs came loose exposing pink skin under it. So it looks like it might be blood clot, and the nail was preventing it from falling off? Not all the black part was coming loose, and I didn't want to rub it so much. So I'm going to wait now and see if the rest of the scab will fall out on its own now that the nail is not blocking it.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Bira wrote:

Bethany, I did some research on P73 OoO and found that they said it got over 64% cervacrol.

http://www.oreganopro.com/oreganolp73.asp

It's in the 4th paragraph 2nd to last sentence. Very Happy

Wow, I can't believe how many usages there are with OoO.

Did you buy regular strength or super strength?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Bethany, I did some research on P73 OoO and found that they said it got over 64% cervacrol.

http://www.oreganopro.com/oreganolp73.asp

It's in the 4th paragraph 2nd to last sentence. Very Happy

Wow, I can't believe how many usages there are with OoO.

Did you buy regular strength or super strength?

Very interesting on the 64%...thanks!

I got the Super Strength, because I am Super Contaminated. Very Happy

I can tell you that it is NASTY tasting and HOT Shock ...the only way I have been able to keep it under my tongue for even a few seconds is to put a few drops into maybe a half teaspoon of macadamia oil. That dilutes it, though you are still getting the recommended dosage. I hold it in my mouth for as long as I can (maybe a minute?) and then swallow it. I am doing that twice a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, you are welcome. Believe it or not, as an FYI, after I was researching on oil of oregano, I came across a web site that sells oil of oregano with 93% cervacrol factor. I wonder if that one is effective.

I agree about the nasty taste and smell of oil of oregano. I hate the stuff, too. Now that the toenail turns out not to have fungus, I will put off eating this oil for now. Laughing
michelle411
5% products discount

Sun May 03, 2009 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
tea tree oil 3x a day is the best and fastest cure along with neem oil. get them at a reputable all natural store & make sure they're true essentail oils, not synthetic. i'd reccomend aura cacia for the tea tree oil, they're good. stay away from pharmaceutical drugs for nail fungus. they take a huge toll on your body, take longer too work than the tea tree oil, aren't healthy 4 u and are usually unsuccessful! plus they take months to work!! go the natural way! it's better and healthier! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Bethany, you are welcome. Believe it or not, as an FYI, after I was researching on oil of oregano, I came across a web site that sells oil of oregano with 93% cervacrol factor. I wonder if that one is effective.

I agree about the nasty taste and smell of oil of oregano. I hate the stuff, too. Now that the toenail turns out not to have fungus, I will put off eating this oil for now. Laughing

Did you drop something on your food to cause that blood clot?

After reading about the rapid swine flu spread, I am actually glad that I am taking that nasty stuff! And the faster the candida is gone, the better! Very Happy

I would love to see the product with the 93% cervacrol...I'll have to google it and look into that further.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was a nail tech for many years... and we would get customers with fungus under their acrylic nails... if it is on your hands... you need to stop with the acrylics... cut nail short... and apply vick's vapo rub.. 2x a day... this takes months... or you can get a prescription from your doctor for many months to get rid of it... also fungus can be brown, green, yellow or even black depending on the severity.... but that vick's vapo rub Definitely works.. I have seen it with my own eyes...(oh and the customers that had fungus were new customers that came in that already had it and were worried that they got it from the place that was originally doing their nails)... (improperly applying acrylics can cause fungus) not using primers or prepping nails correctly causes lift and water can get trapped under the acrylic..causing rot basically... it's nasty
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oil of Oregano.

Edit: Looks like you've already figured that out.

How's it looking Bira?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another cure:

http://chidoriyaworld.stores.yahoo.net/hinesoil10.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
....just came across this thread, after I posted about the Laser treatment I just had for a toenail fungus. (PinPointe Laser.) The doc also sells ans ultraviolet-type-shoe insert to disinfect your shoes. That was just a little too over the top for me!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
beetlebugs
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

My manicurist also recommends Dr G's Clear Nail. I found it not bad, but you have to consistently apply it everyday to see results.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |