Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Prescription Retinol question for first time user
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I just placed my order for Renova cream 0.025% and 0.050% each are 30 grams. I have used over the counter retinol, but never used prescription strength. I was wondering how long should I stick with the 0.025% strength, before moving up? Also, can someone tell me the proper way to apply this? I think from what I remember you must apply it to dry skin about 30 minutes after washing. After applying is it ok to put a moisturizing cream on top or should I just use this with nothing else? Please be specific since I am new to this and want to make sure I use it right. Thanks in advance!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Prescription strength retinoids are recommended to be applied on dry skin to reduce irritation. When applied on damp skin, it increases penetration, which does not necessarily mean increase in effectiveness, but surely means increase in irritation.
Renova already contains tretinoin in a moisturizing base, so there is no need to put another moisturizer on top.
As far as I read, people move up to 0.05% after using one tube of 0.025%, but it is very individual and depends on how you will tolerate it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
Prescription strength retinoids are recommended to be applied on dry skin to reduce irritation. When applied on damp skin, it increases penetration, which does not necessarily mean increase in effectiveness, but surely means increase in irritation.
Renova already contains tretinoin in a moisturizing base, so there is no need to put another moisturizer on top.
As far as I read, people move up to 0.05% after using one tube of 0.025%, but it is very individual and depends on how you will tolerate it.

Thanks a lot for the information. I plan on using the lower strength first to gauge how my skin likes it and then try the higher strength.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
you R welcome Smile
even with lower strength you might want to start very slowly - just 2-3 nights a week at first, then every other night, then - provided you tolerate it well - move up to every night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I will be sure to do that. I know you can't jump right in and have to listen to your skin with a product like this. Is an spf 30 enough to protect my face in the daytime, or should I go higher?
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kdd, did you get prescription by your derm dr and where did you buy it?

My acne is pretty much gone again with the leftover tretinoin prescribed by my dr. I am thinking of getting some, but do not have any experience to get it prescribed by my dr without acne problem.

Thanks
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
dryady wrote:

My acne is pretty much gone again with the leftover tretinoin prescribed by my dr. I am thinking of getting some, but do not have any experience to get it prescribed by my dr without acne problem.

Thanks

Dryady,
I purchased Renova fromwww.medsmex.com for pretty cheap. I think it was about $12 a tube and then $10 for shipping to the US. Another member on here recommended this site, that has purchased from them for 6 years and can vouch for the quality. Hope this helps!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
advice - be cautious with Medsmex as some members here had credit card fraud problems after buying stuff from Medsmex. At least they suspected the Medsmex. There was a thread here, you might do a search.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much, kdd. It is very helpful!! Smile
There is no prescription needed, right?

kdd2411 wrote:
dryady wrote:

Thanks

Dryady,
I purchased Renova fromwww.medsmex.com for pretty cheap. I think it was about $12 a tube and then $10 for shipping to the US. Another member on here recommended this site, that has purchased from them for 6 years and can vouch for the quality. Hope this helps!
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
advice - be cautious with Medsmex as some members here had credit card fraud problems after buying stuff from Medsmex. At least they suspected the Medsmex. There was a thread here, you might do a search.

Shock That is not good. Thanks a lot for the info.
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Then does anyone have experience with asking Dr. to prescribe tretinoin not for acne treatment and how? Rolling Eyes
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
dryady wrote:
Aiva wrote:

It was not actually from Medsmex, but from websites that have similar urls. So you have to be sure to put in the url properly
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
dryady wrote:
Aiva wrote:

the consensus was that you are on the safe side using a prepaid visa card, or paypal-generated visa number (available only for US paypal users, there must be some plugin) or paypal (if Medsmex accepts paypal).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
which one is the safe one then? I am a little confused. Thanks.

kdd2411 wrote:
dryady wrote:
Aiva wrote:

It was not actually from Medsmex, but from websites that have similar urls. So you have to be sure to put in the url properly
Confused
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I really appreciate your advice, Aiva. I would rather to stay safe instead of dealing with the credit card trouble later.
Do you know any safe web to buy retin-a without prescription?

Aiva wrote:
dryady wrote:
Aiva wrote:

the consensus was that you are on the safe side using a prepaid visa card, or paypal-generated visa number (available only for US paypal users, there must be some plugin) or paypal (if Medsmex accepts paypal).
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Dryady the correct website to use iswww.medsmex.com. Some members complained of credit fraud, but there are 2 other websites that have very similar names and they most likely ordered from one of those websites.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
dryady wrote:
I really appreciate your advice, Aiva. I would rather to stay safe instead of dealing with the credit card trouble later.
Do you know any safe web to buy retin-a without prescription?

Aiva wrote:
dryady wrote:
Aiva wrote:

You can also purchase fromwww.alldaychemist.com
I've used them for quite some time now with absolutely no problems. Their retin a is generic and is only $12, maybe $13 now a tube. The shipping is fairly high at $25 so you should stock up on the tubes and maybe get some other drugs you may need. I buy 12 tubes at a time and a couple of bottles of lumigan.

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Woops I did something weird here and my post went within another. Here it is again.

I've used them for quite some time now with absolutely no problems. Their retin a is generic and is only $12, maybe $13 now a tube. The shipping is fairly high at $25 so you should stock up on the tubes and maybe get some other drugs you may need. I buy 12 tubes at a time and a couple of bottles of lumigan.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Woops I did something weird here and my post went within another. Here it is again.

$12? Do they have another Retin-A? The one I buy at ADC is $2.08 a tube!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:36 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Mishey wrote:

$12? Do they have another Retin-A? The one I buy at ADC is $2.08 a tube!

Double woops P Girl. Laughing

It's the lumigan that's $12 and the retin a is $2.08.

Don't know where my brain was! Sorry all.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Anytime you use prescription Retinol on you skin, make sure that you extra sun SPF protection on top of it. Do not expose in the sun for too long....

kdd2411 wrote:
I just placed my order for Renova cream 0.025% and 0.050% each are 30 grams. I have used over the counter retinol, but never used prescription strength. I was wondering how long should I stick with the 0.025% strength, before moving up? Also, can someone tell me the proper way to apply this? I think from what I remember you must apply it to dry skin about 30 minutes after washing. After applying is it ok to put a moisturizing cream on top or should I just use this with nothing else? Please be specific since I am new to this and want to make sure I use it right. Thanks in advance!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Currently, I use spf 30 during the day and try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Thank you for the advise.

jade-1234 wrote:
Anytime you use prescription Retinol on you skin, make sure that you extra sun SPF protection on top of it. Do not expose in the sun for too long....

kdd2411 wrote:
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone, i will check them out. They post is very informative. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |