Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
purple_butterfly
5% products discount

Thu May 10, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
So nice to have a network of people around, I've got sm's from puberty on my arms, abs, legs, boobs , thighs/hips.

Going to get a few rollers (i'm going to discard after use, i know i don't need to but i'm strange like that haha)

Going to apply some Dettol (the liquid stuff) to disinfect my skin, have a bath and then roll and afterwards apply Infadolan)

What does everyone think?
rhirhimajic
5% products discount

Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 am      Reply with quote
In terms of totally healing stretchmarks, I'm not sure. With each rolling and creaming session, my stretchmarks are getting a little less deep, a little more like skin colour, and the small/superficial stretchmarks are now pretty much invisible.

I think it's a case of doing as many roll sessions as it takes for you to be happy with the results. For me personally, any improvement is worth it, but you might be looking for total improvement (ie no sign of stretchmarks whatsoever) which might take upwards of a year. It's a game of patience but it's worth it Smile

Purple_butterfly, sounds fine to me. I would add a vitamin c cream to the mix as for me that cream seems to have good effects.
purple_butterfly
5% products discount

Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 am      Reply with quote
rhirhimajic wrote:
In terms of totally healing stretchmarks, I'm not sure. With each rolling and creaming session, my stretchmarks are getting a little less deep, a little more like skin colour, and the small/superficial stretchmarks are now pretty much invisible.

I think it's a case of doing as many roll sessions as it takes for you to be happy with the results. For me personally, any improvement is worth it, but you might be looking for total improvement (ie no sign of stretchmarks whatsoever) which might take upwards of a year. It's a game of patience but it's worth it Smile

Purple_butterfly, sounds fine to me. I would add a vitamin c cream to the mix as for me that cream seems to have good effects.

Oh thanks for reminding me about the vit. c, don't you apply it 4 days beforehand or something?
rhirhimajic
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2012 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Depends on what you find works for you. I apply Bio Oil the night before and just before a roll, A cream just after, A+C cream the next day, C+E cream a week after the roll then Bio Oil again 2 weeks after the roll :P everyone in this thread seems to have a different routine and it all seems to work, just gotta find a routine that works for you and that you can stick to I guess Smile for me Friday is now like my "stretchmark" day as that's when I'm either rolling or rubbing some cream or other into them!
purple_butterfly
5% products discount

Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank You Smile)
rhirhimajic
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
So how is everyone's treatments going? Anybody got any stories/blogs/pictures?
Tigered

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, this is a great forum! So now I will be dermarolling/needling as this has to be the best feedback Ive read about and it makes perfect sense. I wish I had stuck needles in my skin over the last 20 years, common sense I guess when you really think about it...
I have tried many many things over the years, even done the sandpaper Shock (ended up on antibiotics - NEVER TRY THIS! Also it didn't work!)

The best thing I have tried is body brushing, but my marks are still very visible but a tiny bit smoother... Thinking about it I think body brushing could be similar to needling but very very very much slower!

So I need to read up on what to buy, I think I will get both a roller and needle.

I will post again once I think I know what to buy and check I have the right idea Confused

One thing I am worried about is going over surface veins! Anyone have any advice about this?

Im so excited now gonna read more and post lots probably Very Happy
purple_butterfly
5% products discount

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone

So I did my first roll yesturday (I'm treating stretch marks by the way), it tickled in some parts and hurt in others, my arms were fine (got a little blood) my legs I didn't get very far with, it hurt (a lot) sides of my stomach hurt but I could deal.

Some parts feel like sunburn, I'm not sure I went hard enough in the parts that don't (they do however look red)

All in all not as scary as I thought it would be, I used the Infadolan afterwards and plan to use twice a day (morning and night)
adina7

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:41 am      Reply with quote
i have just started dermarolling yesterday and what can i say,it's pretty painful.After i rolled,i applied an ointment with vitamin a and vitamin e and later on,in the evening,i applied retin-a cream. I will wait a couple of days or so before i will start using a vitamin c serum (which i will prepare at home,as i can't trust the ones from drug stores).
Anyway girls,my legs are filled with stretch marks(big ones all over my legs) and so are my breasts.I have them for about 10 yeas or so.I am 26 years old and haven't had a baby yet. I fear that once i get pregnant,my entire body will be filled with stretch marks and the ones i already have will expand.I only rolled on my legs because I have some breasts cysts and i fear that if i roll my breasts,the cysts will enlarge.I think that the cysts may have caused a hormonal imbalance in my body and that is why i have so many stretch marks.I have a friend with the same problem.
Anyway,i will let you guys know if my stretch marks will get better.Can you please tell me what else i can apply to increase my chances.
Thank you all so much!May all our stretch marks be history one day!
purple_butterfly
5% products discount

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
adina7 wrote:
i have just started dermarolling yesterday and what can i say,it's pretty painful.After i rolled,i applied an ointment with vitamin a and vitamin e and later on,in the evening,i applied retin-a cream. I will wait a couple of days or so before i will start using a vitamin c serum (which i will prepare at home,as i can't trust the ones from drug stores).
Anyway girls,my legs are filled with stretch marks(big ones all over my legs) and so are my breasts.I have them for about 10 yeas or so.I am 26 years old and haven't had a baby yet. I fear that once i get pregnant,my entire body will be filled with stretch marks and the ones i already have will expand.I only rolled on my legs because I have some breasts cysts and i fear that if i roll my breasts,the cysts will enlarge.I think that the cysts may have caused a hormonal imbalance in my body and that is why i have so many stretch marks.I have a friend with the same problem.
Anyway,i will let you guys know if my stretch marks will get better.Can you please tell me what else i can apply to increase my chances.
Thank you all so much!May all our stretch marks be history one day!

Hmmmm, single needles are good, must try those myself.

I use cocca butter on top of the vit. c and stuff too. Smile
bee123

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
what percent of removal has everyone got? has anyone gotten down to 75 percent gone or more????
understatement
5% products discount

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using a 1.5mm on my thighs and hips for my white/silvery stretchmarks. I'm not sure how long I have to wait before rolling again? I usually waited two weeks but feel that I'm not waiting long enough?
Also, where do I find vitamin C oil? I'm trying to use more natural products that are as unrefined as possible. Right now I'm taking vitamin C supplements once a day (500mg) and wondering if that's good enough or should I purchase the oil or cream?

I'm also using some shea butter or other stretchmark creams afterwards, usually waiting a couple of hours after rolling, or is this also too soon?

Also, I've been using A&D ointment (the cheap stuff from Walgreens) as an aftercare product. Was wondering if that's okay since i'm trying to keep this relatively inexpensive.

Sorry for the long response, just want to make sure I get the best results possible & won't screw up my skin!
rhirhimajic
5% products discount

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
understatement- From what I've read, two weeks is not long enough. The general consensus seems to be to wait 4-6 weeks between rolls, depending on the length of the needle and how "hard" you roll. However that's not to say you just roll then 5 weeks later you roll again...during the non-rolling weeks you can be rubbing in lotions and potions to help the whole process along.

I think you can get vit c powder from owndoc which you make into your own solution to rub into your skin. I use two different types- the day after rolling I use a combined A&C cream, then a week later I use this cream called Scacare Vit C. I got that from eBay. The reason I use that one a week later is that it contains aloe vera, which is a natural anti-inflammatory, which you don't want anywhere near your freshly rolled skin as it's the inflammation of the micro-wounds that causes the collagen to form and everything.

In terms of the shea butter stretch mark cream, I'd be tempted to apply your A&D cream right after rolling, and then the shea butter stuff on days where you aren't rolling. This is purely because the A&D will probably have a stronger effect, especially when your skin is freshly rolled so it will be absorbed much deeper. I'm wary of layering creams in case they dilute each other or something. I apply bio-oil just before a roll, so the oil on the skin is "pushed" down when the skin is pierced, then rub in A cream right after rolling so the post-roll skin is treated. I then wait til the next day for the application of a new cream. I'm doing something similar where I'm using an all-over body moisturiser throughout the non-rolling weeks, just to keep all the stretchmarked skin as moisturised and happy as possible. Even if the shea butter/moisturiser does nothing for the marks, at least you'll have lovely soft skin right!

I'm by NO means an expert on this though, this is just based on what I've researched and my own experiences over the past few months.

bee123- I've not got down to 75% improvement yet. I'd say that mine are currently at about 15%, though I've only been doing it a couple of months. If you'd like you can see for yourself at my blog:
stretchmarkrhiDOTtumblrDOTcom
obviously you'll need to replace the DOT with . as I'm not up to the required post count to post links yet!
shay_twins

Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:48 am      Reply with quote
hi I had my twins 2 months ago and my stomach is horrible..im thinking about purchasing a derma roller..i just started using maderma but i want to try this ..what size in needle should i get and how many times and what lotion...and how do you clean it?? anyways i just want to try it out and see im going to be ordering one tommorow as well as these medical crystals that i hear are good...if you have any advice or ideas or just info that would be amazing!

5% products discount

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:18 am      Reply with quote
1.5 mm no less, roll every 5-6 weeks, single needles are good also as they target the area better.

Use vit C twice a week and Infadolan.

www(dot)owndoc(dot)com

Good site. Smile
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Does every one have stretch mark after giving birth?
understatement
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
rayna wrote:

Not everyone gets stretch marks during pregnancy, but I would say that most women do.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
understatement wrote:
rayna wrote:

Not everyone gets stretch marks during pregnancy, but I would say that most women do.

I had four BIG babies and none on my tummy at all, but on the "girls" oh boy, but I am not even thinking of rolling on that tender area! Shock

I read recently on a scientific site 90% of women get stretch marks regardless of having children or not!

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Should you be exfoliating while doing derma roller? Isn't that just ruining the new collagen?
rhirhimajic
5% products discount

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:37 am      Reply with quote
bee123- as far as I know, exfoliating just sloughs off the dead skin cells from the very top layer of skin. Collagen production goes on a few layers down, which is why we use dermarollers to get to it, and why the longer dermarolling needles are better.

DarkMoon- that's a really interesting statistic...90% of women regardless of whether they've had a baby or not. My skin is so riddled with marks just from puberty (I'm 5'9" now, I had a lot of growing to do!) that I'm really worried about the amount of stretchmarks that will form when I do have children in the future.
understatement
5% products discount

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I asked this before on another thread, but was wondering what input I can get from you guys. So usually a day or so after dermarolling I apply my mixture I made myself with vitamin E. Since it's anti-inflammatory, I was wondering whether I should be using it so soon or not? I've heard there's conflicting viewpoints on anti-inflammatories and when to use them? I just want to make sure I'm getting everything I can out of rolling.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
If you read about the wound healing cascade in the dermarolling studies, you will see that inflammation is a required part of the process. I personally don't do anything to limit inflammation for at least 3 days.

Here is a great article on the wound healing phases, and the importance of inflammation...see page 57. You will also see in the same article that it is important to pre and post treat with Vit A and C.

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

And here is the link to other studies and articles on dermarolling:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

Alternatively, you can purchase a book recently written on rolling by a doctor who trained under Dr. Fernandes:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Concise-Guide-Dermal-Needling/dp/0473173212

Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
i heared about zgts dermaroller being titanium what do you think about this brand coz i heared that its needles are wider and that it is more used on fleshy areas like thigh and legs..

im very confused and i dnt know frm where to get them or is there another brand that i better?..

plz any one could advice me?..

and which lenght should i use coz they say that titanium rollers the size 1.5mm is equal to 2 mm in other stainless steel rollers..

also i cant afford dr. rollers derma roller coz im frm egypt and im gonna ship it so i spend double the price customs and fees
dannigirl88

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
bee123 wrote:
Should you be exfoliating while doing derma roller? Isn't that just ruining the new collagen?

I roll every 4-5 weeks- icing my skin, cleaning with 91% Alcohol, then slathering on StriVectin and aggressively rolling with a 2.5mm derma roller. I do make sure I bleed little pin pricks all over.

After I roll I wash off with cool water and re apply StiVectin immediately. I have been doing this on and off for about a year and within the last few months I have remembered to roll EVERY 4-5 weeks and will continue to do this.

I came across a product called the Italy Towel and it comes from Korea. It is used for exfoliating the top dead layer of skin and the skin actually rolls off. I have just started doing this weekly to improve my stretch marks from the top because the inside is already healing. I exfoliate in a bath of hot water and the skin comes off in sheets! Its gross the first time you do it but after there wont be as much dead skin. My skin is super soft for the whole week too. I DO NOT exfoliate the week that I derma roll, I let it heal for the whole week and follow up with it the next week. You can Google Italy towel and either buy it on EBAY or buy it for about $2 at a Korean store. I did both and the ones that came from overseas were a little rougher than the ones that I bought in the states. (I actually like the rougher ones) You can also look at a Korean Body Scrub and see the process of how they do it on Youtube and what the dead skin is suppose to look like.

Let me just say, I don't have sensitive skin and it is pretty thick, I also heal really well so I scrub my skin pretty hard and then lather on Organic coconut oil. Make sure you know what you can get away with as far as treatments because what works for one person, may not work for another.

Hopefully my stretch marks will be drastically reduced a year from now! Good luck to everyone! Smile
Tigered

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:40 am      Reply with quote
marta1 wrote:
Hi Onmyboat,

I have been using the single needle on my stretch marks for many months and it improved them greatly - they are about 70% better and I am no longer ashamed to be in bikini. My skin is not perfect but it is so much better.
I also hit my blood vessels at the beginning and got bruised but not anymore. It always healed well. I have lots of pinpoint bleeding every time I needle but no bruises. When I single needle aggressively, it stays red for up to three weeks. It looks like I was attacked by a bear Very Happy My boyfriend got used to my needled red stripes – I am not able to hide it from him.

I use a 1.5 mm roller and the single needles on my stretch marks.
I use a 2 mm one liner roller on my butt (no single needles) because it is difficult to single needle the butt area.

Hi Marta, Please could you tell me your exact routine to achieve 70% reduction.... I am so confused and have a hard time reading and understanding too much at once Sad

I would read everything but do have an illness which makes it difficult so would like to hear from people who have had a good result and what they do!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |