Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
purple_butterfly
5% products discount

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 am      Reply with quote
hey everyone

i will take some photos of my arms when the bruising from single needling goes. i've been rolling since june, if i'm honest i think some of the marks are getting smaller, but it's a long process (it probably would help if i stuck to using my vit c more often than i do!)
Sellers35

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I single needled one of my stretch marks pretty densely about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I got a fair amount of bruising and it was pretty raised and red for a while. Even though it's been almost a month the stretch mark is still a bit red. It does look less shiny though, and I am optimistic about the results. I am worried about doing the others, though because I want to make sure the redness eventually goes away.

Anyone else experienced a longer than average healing time like me? Keep in mind I haven't been doing the vit A and C much, so hopefully when I bump those up I'll see a faster healing process. I should also add that these stretch marks took years and years to fade from red to silvery white, so it's worrisome to be back in the red zone for so long.

Advice?
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Sellers35 wrote:
I single needled one of my stretch marks pretty densely about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I got a fair amount of bruising and it was pretty raised and red for a while. Even though it's been almost a month the stretch mark is still a bit red. It does look less shiny though, and I am optimistic about the results. I am worried about doing the others, though because I want to make sure the redness eventually goes away.

Anyone else experienced a longer than average healing time like me? Keep in mind I haven't been doing the vit A and C much, so hopefully when I bump those up I'll see a faster healing process. I should also add that these stretch marks took years and years to fade from red to silvery white, so it's worrisome to be back in the red zone for so long.

Advice?

For me the bruising after a single needle session takes 1 - 1˝ week to disappear, and the slight redness in the marks can last for well over a month.
I did my last single needle session some months back and my marks have long since reverted back to the white-grey color.

I wouldn't worry unless it is an angry redness indicating infection, which is surely doesn't sounds like.

Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
Sellers35

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Who is still rolling their marks? Any updates?

Me: It has been about 7 weeks since I rolled one of my marks and it is still slightly pink and more noticeable than the others. I am trying not to be discouraged but I am hesitant to roll the others til the redness goes away. I should be on my 2nd round by now, but it doesn't make sense to roll a mark that is still red.

Any tips?
KJJD

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I just rolled for the first time yesterday using 1.5 mm roller.

I have SM everywhere. Stomach, Sides, Legs, Hips, Breasts.

I rolled all of it. It was red and felt like sunburn all night. But it was not horrible or intolerable. I showered right after rolling and then applied Vitamin E oil everywhere.

I know everyone is using Retin A and all that goes allong with it, But, is anyone else justing using some kind of oil? Vitamin E, Coconut, Castor oil (lol)? Or anyone using cocoa butter?

I would really love to use something that I can buy at the store to use after I roll.

Any suggestions???
purple_butterfly
5% products discount

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 am      Reply with quote
KJJD wrote:
I just rolled for the first time yesterday using 1.5 mm roller.

I have SM everywhere. Stomach, Sides, Legs, Hips, Breasts.

I rolled all of it. It was red and felt like sunburn all night. But it was not horrible or intolerable. I showered right after rolling and then applied Vitamin E oil everywhere.

I know everyone is using Retin A and all that goes allong with it, But, is anyone else justing using some kind of oil? Vitamin E, Coconut, Castor oil (lol)? Or anyone using cocoa butter?

I would really love to use something that I can buy at the store to use after I roll.

Any suggestions???

Try using rose hip oil, or almond oil. Smile
tmelancon0122

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I just happened to fall onto this website,I was looking for things to do about my face but after I read some of your post I got hooked because I too have horrible SM.Im 37 yrs old and have had six kids,my oldest is 15 and my youngest is 2.The only place I have SM is my abdomen,and I mean they are something horrible and scary looking,I had 4 of my kids naturally but the last two were C-section and then a week after I had my 5th child I had to have my appendix out so....I also have two huge scars from that surgery and the C-section.Anyway can someone please explain to me what is rolling?and what is the process to do it?I keep seeing some of yall saying yall had lots of blood,so someone please explain..... Laughing
Itsarianna

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to this forum! I have sensitive skin , so I was wondering what retin-a is best for my skin? Also how often do I apply retin-a and where can I find the vitamin c serum?

I first rolled on march 16, but the next day inflammation was gone. Not sure if I rolled 'hard' enough lol.

I've been using biooil for two months, it has made my skin better and some of my stretch marks appear less. Should I use bio oil after rolling or start using retin a???
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I AM reading through the threads but I wanted to know what you guys thought- which items should I buy for my stretch marks? I have some that are thick in width and still red and some that are very fine and silver-y.

Derma stamp?
Roller?
Single needles?

Or a combination of two or all three?

Also, I know to put Retin-A on afterward, but what about before? I'm still confused on this point.

Thank you so much.
vici75

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,
I started dermarolling in December. Pretty soon I will have to do my 5th session, but I do not see any results yet Sad . I am wondering if I have to buy and try single needle maybe. I will tell you a bit of my history: stretch marks from one pregnancy 9 years ago (but my kid was too big for my size – I was 120lb, the kid was 9lb, 13 oz.). I didn’t gain much – only 10-20lb and loose them quickly after I gave birth. But the remaining damage on my stomach are the horrible stretch marks Confused . Up today I do not have weight problems. I am still 120lb. I found this forum and was so happy that there is something helpful for SM, but now 5 months later I am disappointed. I will continue the sessions, I won’t give up that easy, but not sure if I still should continue with 1,5mm dermaroller, should I buy 2mm, or better to buy derma stamp or single needles? I do it pretty aggressively I am using Lidocain which is very helpful also. I have a bit bloody points after that, the sun burning feeling for 3-4 days, a lot peeling for 2-3 weeks. Everything looks like according to expectations, but no results yet. I will be really appreciated if anybody advice should I continue with same dermaroller, or I have to buy new item. Thanks.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Vici, I am a newbie too, but from my reading of posts on owndoc, it seems like for stretch marks single needles or 2.0 (small) derma stamps are the way to go. SM are like severe scars, and they need the MOST attention- definitely a 2.0mm roller, at least. But I would go for a derma stamp- owndoc has 2.0mm, but you can actually find 3.0mm on eBay, or single needles. Owndoc has them but is out until the 12th. I don't know who else sells them, if you do, let me know.

Just my two cents from reading a lot on the subject. If you're unsure about the small stamp vs single needles, you might also want to go to owndoc and ask for specific advice. Smile good luck.
vici75

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Hey ellaelise Smile thank you very very much for the quick resnpond. I will copy paste my questions in the Owndoc forum and will see what they will suggest. For now for my 5th session i will use what i have now because i do not want to miss or late. But right after that i will order something different and will inform you if there is anything different. Thank you again.
Audrey01

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! I am a 28 year old who has had stretch marks on my upper thighs and hips for as long as I can remember. I don't remember them ever being red or raised, just woke up one day and noticed white ones all over (sneak attack Stretch Marks! Grrr). Anyway, I did my first derma roll and am not sure I did it correctly. It felt a little raw and was only slightly red afterwards. There were some track marks that you can see in some of the photos. I have a 1.5mm derma roller and I put bio oil on directly after. My questions:

Did I not do it hard enough?
What is the frequency of which I should roll?
Should I try a Derma Stamp at 2.0 or is my roller at 1.5 enough for my kind of marks?
Anyone still suggesting a Retinol A cream for afterwards?

Thanks so much. I hate these things and want to get them as light/gone as possible. Smile

**Edit** I tried posting photos but it won't allow me to because I am a "new member". I'd really like to show you my marks so I can get some accurate feedback.
Leilovexo

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone. I'm fairly young at 23. I have had stretch marks since I was 15.. rapid growth spurt. They seem to get worse with every special cream I try. I think they dry out and damage the skin worse Sad it's been an unfortunate journey for me. I am getting married in a year and I am so desperate to just get rid of them. This seems to be the best at home treatment. Can anyone give me advice on how often to roll? what size? and what to use after? I would really appreciate any help that I can get. Thank you so much, this seems to be really helpful! A great community! Smile
Tiaraleeann

Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've just bought a 1.5mm dermaroller for post pregnancy SM's and having read alot of information, I thought I would bring this to your attention as I keep seeing the use of ascorbic acid being mentioned in this thread.
It was written by Dr. Desmond Fernandes.

Noxious chemicals, however, may still penetrate the skin, so only safe molecules should be used topically (Fig. 11).
After this serous leak has stopped, the skin is washed thoroughly and then covered with vitamin A, C, and E oil or cream (do not use ascorbic acid).

So does anyone know what vitamin c serum would be a good choice since ascorbic acid seems to not be recommended?

I've answered my own question with further research. Lol
Tanya2013

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I have been following this forum for a while (well since late 2011 actually) when I started giving serious thoughts about trying dermarolling. At that time I had just given birth to my twins, and I was nursing, so it did not make sense to me to try it out (because retin A is involved, plus needling itself is not known to be safe while nursing-not sure about this but I didn't wanna risk it for my babies). Anyways, but the stretch marks from my pregnancy have stopped bothering me now, because I worked hard on them these two years-massaging, coffee scrubs, Shea butter and blah blah..they are not red/purple anymore and I have made peace with that.

I am 30 years old, actually 31 soon..the most bothersome stretch marks have been the ones on my legs esp. On the back of knees, calves..I had tried carboxytherapy on them a few years ago, but it didn't work to my satisfaction. I think they are too old, like 17-18 years..from the puberty growth spurt..I don't even exactly remember because I didn't care initially and didn't know what they were!! But slowly I started to worry about them when I knew there was not much that could be done..and now here I am to try out the method that seems to be my only hope...don't wanna sound negative here, it's awesome how you people keep the spirits..but sometimes it's just too hard..there are awkward moments in life when I hide them in my pants in hot weather just because I don't feel presentable showing them off amongst friends...and there have been endless such moments in my life!

About the dermarolling schedule..I have done one roll + stamping 6 weeks ago on both legs (used single needles on a few bad ones ) and did a second stamping on one leg about two weeks ago, yet to finish the second leg to be done with the second session.....

At first I started working on all stretch marked parts of. My body at once (one part per week) but soon realized that it's a slow process and I couldn't keep up for long...so I started focusing on my most bothersome part- behind my knees!

So here is it from me...I promise to keep you posted. Just wish me some courage people, coz I get rally anxious when I think that this is the only hope and at the end of two years, if it didn't work for me how will I ever cope..

I need some emotional help and positive experiences of long time rollers.

Thanks a lot and wish you success with your goals!
STRIPESnoMORE

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I've been reading this forum quite a bit the past month. I'm 30 and have old white/silver stretch marks on my hips and bottom from two growth spurts. I just got my 1.5m Dr. Roller in the mail and will be using a mixture 2oz hazelnut oil, 2 oz rose hip oil, 2ml helichysum oil and 2 ml sage oil. I'm just waiting for my period to pass so I can stand the pain.

Just curious if the 2011 crew is still on here? Miranda? How has rolling been treating you?

I'm overwhelmed by the various strategies for using the dermaroller but this is what I'm currently thinking of doing:

Once every 4-6 weeks..
1. Shower & disinfect area (roller too)

2. Roll horizontally then vertically on hips, for starters

3. Disinfect?

4. Rub potion on

5. Put on palmers stretch mark cream on it

Then put on lotion as needed between rolling.

Thoughts?
benibenir
5% products discount

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
IS everyone using the retin-a cream from the suggested website on here, or are you using a prescription? I'm always leery about buying meds online. Also, what strength tretinoin are you using? Gel, cream, lotion?
wannabeageless
5% products discount

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
There's so much information out there and a lot of it seems to be contradictory. I ordered rollers/stamps/single needles from the owndoc site where they recommend using a diy Vit C ascorbic acid/distilled water serum for your skin. Dr. F seems to believe ascorbic acid is more harmful than good!

Now, I'm not sure what to put on my skin. It seems like my shipment is taking ages to get here but according to the tracking site it's getting close. I was excited to get started but the more I read the more I wonder what the correct/best protocol is!!

Tiaraleeann wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've just bought a 1.5mm dermaroller for post pregnancy SM's and having read alot of information, I thought I would bring this to your attention as I keep seeing the use of ascorbic acid being mentioned in this thread.
It was written by Dr. Desmond Fernandes.

Noxious chemicals, however, may still penetrate the skin, so only safe molecules should be used topically (Fig. 11).
After this serous leak has stopped, the skin is washed thoroughly and then covered with vitamin A, C, and E oil or cream (do not use ascorbic acid).

So does anyone know what vitamin c serum would be a good choice since ascorbic acid seems to not be recommended?

I've answered my own question with further research. Lol
Celes

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Recently found a tattoo-artist video who use the tattoo-machine as a microneedling device

Can't post a youtube link but you can search the video as 'Reducing stretch marks - MCA Micro Needling '

this could work!! Any of you have more info?
Question
benibenir
5% products discount

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
How do you sterilize the dermaroller? Has anyone ever gotten an infection from using it?
havana8

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:22 am      Reply with quote
kylapease wrote:
hello everybody! i am a teenage girl who has stretch marks this is my first time on here so bear with me;) lol so i found this thing called the dermaroller and it gets rave reviews im just having trouble finding certain things like 1: what is the best vitamins to apply after rolling and should you apply them every day. 2:how often should i roll?( im planning on buying the 1.5mm)

thank you! answers are MUCH needed!
kylapease

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
hello so this is my third post and yet no reply so maybe lucky number 3! so can you mix the vitamin C and E together in a spray bottle or no? and i have heard of lavender oil being useful but i need answers please i already orderd my dermaroller!
benibenir
5% products discount

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 am      Reply with quote
By no means am I an expert (I haven't used my dermaroller yet either due to some questions I have), but I'm pretty sure I read posts where people mixed Vit E and C in other lotions, so I couldn't imagine it hurting here. Most of what I read said they just mixed water, glycerin, and Vit E, and also used retin A, which is what I'm having a hard time finding.
kylapease

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
so i got my dermaroller yesterday and rolled to with the 1.0 mm and can i just say the most uncomfortable feeling i have experienced!(WOW)
but i guess beauty is pain(LOL) so i am using an organic vitamin E right now and applying right after rolling i roll after i get out of the shower but i guess what i want to know is what is the best and non-expensive topical i can get? also how often should i roll i read something else that said do it once every 2 weeks but is that correct? i just need some straight answers! please!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |