Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pooch1

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Im newbie.I have also been lurking on this site and the other HUGE dermarolling thread for quite a while. I ahve learned soooo much and want to thank all the ladies that have offered so much good advice and experience.Its invaluable! I started rolling 2 months ago 4 weeks apart, and am ready to do my third. I have been using retin a and c serum (homemade basic one). No results so far (except for initial inflammation) but Im hopeful, that eventually it will help. (these are deep ones on my tummy from pregnancy) For those in the UK that can opnly get hold of l'ascorbic crysals and not the powder, it takes HOURS AND HOURS for them to dissolve if u leave them, but I took the fluff of the end of a cotton bud/q-tip, and stabbed the crystals in the water and swilled it around the shot glass occasionally, and it was all dissolved in 15 mins while watching tv.
PS:I tried Edward Nigmas approach(for those that know what I'm going on about), but it just left me with severe hyperpigmentation which took a year to return to normal, and the stretch mark i tested it on is the same as ever.
pooch1

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
PPS: Please excuse my lame typing! Embarassed
mousyme
5% products discount

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pooch1

You should take some photos throughout your process and keep me updated.
pooch1

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mousyme,
I tried to take photos but my camera isnt good enough to get a good picture Sad , I am only doing one side of my belly, to get a decent comparison,so hopefully by the time i start the other side i might have a better one Very Happy .
btw im using the 1.5 roller with Emla, coz its agony without. I tried ice, but made me bruise more than with emla(ebay)
Good luck everyone, keep us all posted x
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Everyone seemed to have gone on vacation from this Laughing

Is anyone actually seeing some results? (Who's been rolling for a while, like P Girl and Ella's Mommy (if i remember correctly)).

I've been dying to get this thing started but I can't find Retin-A anywhere, it's really pissing me off. If I can't find it for another two or three weeks, I'm going to the doctor to perhaps get it out on perscription.
mousyme
5% products discount

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I read in quite a few post in this forumn and the female first forumn that most people are getting their retin-a from alldaychemist
mousyme
5% products discount

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I am hoping it is quiet because everone has cured themselves and have no need to visit anymore...am i too hopefull? lol
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
mousyme wrote:
I read in quite a few post in this forumn and the female first forumn that most people are getting their retin-a from alldaychemist

Yeah I know, but they dont ship to my country for some reason Sad
mousyme
5% products discount

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
So I have purchased everything I need to start the dermarolling process. Just waiting for it all to come in. I have a great camera and will take weekly photographs of progress if any.

I found a routine on another forumn

ROLLING:

1) Disinfect (I wipe the areas with rubbing alcohol--some people feel we need to disinfect better, I'm not one of them.)

2) Roll (Star pattern is recommended--up, down, horizontal, verticle--5 times each is suggested. I pretty much just roll thoroughly and don't pay much attention to the pattern, but I make sure I go over the areas many many times in varying directions.)

3) Put my roller in a bit of alcohol--enough to cover the needles

4) Shower & dry off well

5) Apply Retin-A to the areas I rolled. Get dressed.

6) Run roller under hot tap water and put it somewhere safe to air dry

TOPICALS:

1) I try to apply Retin-A as often as possible. I tend to get a rash if I use it too often. For the first week after rolling I use it daily. After that week I use it every 2-3 days. I always apply Retin-A at night. I go through a lot of Retin-A.

2) I apply Vit. C spray made from l-ascorbic acid and distilled water (1 tsp. + 2 oz. of distilled water) to my entire body every morning. More specifically, should be applied to the areas you're treating but Vit. C is great for your skin so I use it everywhere.

I have a questions about the retin-a though. She says that she showers first and then uses it. I have read some people say they apply it directly after the roll and some after showering. Does anone have any takes on this? Also how long should I apply retin-a after? Until the next roll 6 weeks later?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
mousyme wrote:
So I have purchased everything I need to start the dermarolling process. Just waiting for it all to come in. I have a great camera and will take weekly photographs of progress if any.

I found a routine on another forumn

ROLLING:

1) Disinfect (I wipe the areas with rubbing alcohol--some people feel we need to disinfect better, I'm not one of them.)

2) Roll (Star pattern is recommended--up, down, horizontal, verticle--5 times each is suggested. I pretty much just roll thoroughly and don't pay much attention to the pattern, but I make sure I go over the areas many many times in varying directions.)

3) Put my roller in a bit of alcohol--enough to cover the needles

4) Shower & dry off well

5) Apply Retin-A to the areas I rolled. Get dressed.

6) Run roller under hot tap water and put it somewhere safe to air dry

TOPICALS:

1) I try to apply Retin-A as often as possible. I tend to get a rash if I use it too often. For the first week after rolling I use it daily. After that week I use it every 2-3 days. I always apply Retin-A at night. I go through a lot of Retin-A.

2) I apply Vit. C spray made from l-ascorbic acid and distilled water (1 tsp. + 2 oz. of distilled water) to my entire body every morning. More specifically, should be applied to the areas you're treating but Vit. C is great for your skin so I use it everywhere.

I have a questions about the retin-a though. She says that she showers first and then uses it. I have read some people say they apply it directly after the roll and some after showering. Does anone have any takes on this? Also how long should I apply retin-a after? Until the next roll 6 weeks later?

Hi,

I think the above details you got from the other thread from Erin Lea (who is called P Girl on this thread)...

With regards to how lond you should apply retin-a afterwards, well I'd say daily right the way through... but that's only if your skin can tolerate it. I say that, because I think a few people did get some irritation from it. I know I did... I was applying it nightly after my roll, for about 2 weeks. I then started applying it every other day etc... but still got irritation, so stopped applying it all together. Then I would roll again and re-start the whole process.

So basically, it depends on the individual and how their skin reacts to the retin-a.
mousyme
5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes it was a post from Erin lea on the other thread. Thank you for the help Kay. Are you still comming along with your marks and the dermarolling?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
mousyme wrote:
Yes it was a post from Erin lea on the other thread. Thank you for the help Kay. Are you still comming along with your marks and the dermarolling?

You're welcome!

I still haven't rolled the area on my thigh again yet, so currently I have only done one 'proper' roll.

I last rolled that area on May the 4th, so a good while ago now.

I'm glad it all eventually healed up and the skin is 100% back to normal now, it has been for a while. I wasn't liking the bruising and discoloration, but now I have experienced it and know it's pretty much normal and will go away eventually, I am now not 'afraid' to roll other areas.

Even though I am not and didn't expect to see any results after just one roll, I will say what the area/stretch marks look like now - and that is, they still look exactly the same. No improvement, which like I said shouldn't really be expected after just one roll. Maybe after another 2 or 3 rolls I will see some difference.

It's just a shame I have SO many areas to roll! lol.
mousyme
5% products discount

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just received my vitamin c and awaiting the roller and vitamin a. Looks as if the vitamin a will take some time to come in-it says it was comming from india to the US and then the US to here (Canada)
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
After reading about someone in the Dermaroller thread that had filled in a scar in her face after using a seewing needle, I decided to give it a go on one of my SM's just now.

First of all, RELAX! I didn't do it all over my stomach (gosh, that'd be idiocy) i just did it on ONE stretch mark to see if i'd see any difference later on.

I disinfected, sterilized the needle, and needled the SM' for a couple of minutes, rather gently and made sure that i didn't do a wide cut or anything. I had some blood, which is good, no?

Anyway, now the SM is more raised and it's also red (unlike dermarolling, i didnt needle the skin around it!) - is that normal? Also, that SM wasnt completely healed yet (still a little raised, a little pinkish) and now it has a rather .. wormy texture when i pull the skin together. Is that to be expected?

Dont worry, I WILL roll my other SM's, I just wanted to see if this could help this particular SM in any way Laughing
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Loosey wrote:

Is anyone actually seeing some results? (Who's been rolling for a while, like P Girl and Ella's Mommy (if i remember correctly)).

I've been dying to get this thing started but I can't find Retin-A anywhere, it's really pissing me off. If I can't find it for another two or three weeks, I'm going to the doctor to perhaps get it out on perscription.

wow, i've been away for awhile... well about those results... I haven't seen any improvement on my belly,but my hips look amazing. They are still there but the color is starting to blend in. If you look right at them you can't really tell until I turn to an angle.
I'm not exactly sure why my belly isn't really showing improvement, but with the way my hips are responding i'm not giving up just yet. Razz I hope that this gives everyone here some kinda hope

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Elle2009 wrote:
Hi Loosey, I hear you but honestly the skin I am rolling couldn't get any worse it has very little elasticity as it is. Also I called a couple of these companies and asked them about the more gentle 5 days a week rolling routine and they explained what I should be doing and I choose to believe them and try it.

Consider me the tester for this approach and I will give honest feedback as to the outcome.

I am giving this my last shot of trying to improve the stretchmarks and if this doesn't work or make it worse I just give up Sad

Elle

how is that going for you, whats the update?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
Loosey wrote:

wow, i've been away for awhile... well about those results... I haven't seen any improvement on my belly,but my hips look amazing. They are still there but the color is starting to blend in. If you look right at them you can't really tell until I turn to an angle.
I'm not exactly sure why my belly isn't really showing improvement, but with the way my hips are responding i'm not giving up just yet. Razz I hope that this gives everyone here some kinda hope

Sounds amazing about the hips! Very Happy Well, the drastic and amazing results that I've seen on photos from the stomach have been taken at least one year after the first treatment, so I guess that stomach has harder skin or something. Shouldn't be worried about the lack of results there, just be patient! Very Happy
jezebel17
5% products discount

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is it likely to get scaring from rolling, especially if your prone to getting raised scars?
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:
Is it likely to get scaring from rolling, especially if your prone to getting raised scars?

I keloid and the roller has yet to scar me

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Loosey wrote:
Ella's Mommy wrote:
Loosey wrote:

Sounds amazing about the hips! Very Happy Well, the drastic and amazing results that I've seen on photos from the stomach have been taken at least one year after the first treatment, so I guess that stomach has harder skin or something. Shouldn't be worried about the lack of results there, just be patient! Very Happy

it sux because i'm a "right now" kinda person, so waiting for these results are killin me lol

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
pooch1 wrote:
Hi, Im newbie.I have also been lurking on this site and the other HUGE dermarolling thread for quite a while. I ahve learned soooo much and want to thank all the ladies that have offered so much good advice and experience.Its invaluable! I started rolling 2 months ago 4 weeks apart, and am ready to do my third. I have been using retin a and c serum (homemade basic one). No results so far (except for initial inflammation) but Im hopeful, that eventually it will help. (these are deep ones on my tummy from pregnancy) For those in the UK that can opnly get hold of l'ascorbic crysals and not the powder, it takes HOURS AND HOURS for them to dissolve if u leave them, but I took the fluff of the end of a cotton bud/q-tip, and stabbed the crystals in the water and swilled it around the shot glass occasionally, and it was all dissolved in 15 mins while watching tv.
PS:I tried Edward Nigmas approach(for those that know what I'm going on about), but it just left me with severe hyperpigmentation which took a year to return to normal, and the stretch mark i tested it on is the same as ever.

are you talking about Acell? i think edward was the one who tried acell with emu oil.
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hrm, I've been wondering about something.

When we read about the results that we can expect from rolling, it says that it all depends on how severe the SM's are.

My question is; HOW do they define the severity of a stretch mark? Is it width, depth or both?

Obviously it's going to be easier to treat a 3 mm wide SM than it will be treating a 2 cm wide SM, that's pretty clear. But can we expect a lot better results if they arent that wide?

But maybe it's the depth of it.. which really can't be measured with the naked eye. So I'm just wondering.

If someone doesn't mind sharing - how wide are your SM's? How long they are would be good to know to. Because if someone gets good results on a 1 cm wide SM then someone with a 2 mm SM should get an even better result since it's smaller... Right?

Because honestly, even though I havent measured, I'm confident in saying that NONE of my stretch marks, especially on my stomach, are over 4 mm width. 2-3 mm would be the average of them I think. So in reality if someone reduced their 1 cm wide SM then I could definitely reduce mine as well.. Or at least that seems logical.

Lemme know what you think!

Btw, getting a roller on the 25th (EXCITED!!) but I still do not have any Retin-A .. do you reckon starting now without the topicals could ruin results for me? Obviously it will show results slower, it's not what i'm asking, but just.. If i rolled an area without topicals .. would i not be able to see the same results later on WHEN i add the topicals, as i would've seen with having topicals all along? Ugh, it doesnt make sense, I know. So i'll just shut up Laughing
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Loosey wrote:
Hrm, I've been wondering about something.

When we read about the results that we can expect from rolling, it says that it all depends on how severe the SM's are.

My question is; HOW do they define the severity of a stretch mark? Is it width, depth or both?

Obviously it's going to be easier to treat a 3 mm wide SM than it will be treating a 2 cm wide SM, that's pretty clear. But can we expect a lot better results if they arent that wide?

But maybe it's the depth of it.. which really can't be measured with the naked eye. So I'm just wondering.

If someone doesn't mind sharing - how wide are your SM's? How long they are would be good to know to. Because if someone gets good results on a 1 cm wide SM then someone with a 2 mm SM should get an even better result since it's smaller... Right?

Because honestly, even though I havent measured, I'm confident in saying that NONE of my stretch marks, especially on my stomach, are over 4 mm width. 2-3 mm would be the average of them I think. So in reality if someone reduced their 1 cm wide SM then I could definitely reduce mine as well.. Or at least that seems logical.

Lemme know what you think!

Btw, getting a roller on the 25th (EXCITED!!) but I still do not have any Retin-A .. do you reckon starting now without the topicals could ruin results for me? Obviously it will show results slower, it's not what i'm asking, but just.. If i rolled an area without topicals .. would i not be able to see the same results later on WHEN i add the topicals, as i would've seen with having topicals all along? Ugh, it doesnt make sense, I know. So i'll just shut up Laughing

my stretch marks are all different sizes like on my breasts they are much smaller then my stomach, and Ive read a lot of woman get great and fast results on their breasts opposed to their stomach stretch marks. if the other woman who had results have smaller ones on their breasts too then that'll answer your question. ill measure my widest and smallest soon and post it for you as soon as i can find my measuring tape.
jaojohnson1

Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I've been lurking around reading the original derma rolling thread and this stretch mark thread for a while now. I have decided to give rolling a try.

Here is my story. I'm a 24 year old male who has terrible stretch marks from lifting. My entire upper body is covered in them. They are at least 8 to 3 years old. Some are white and some are still red. Very long and wide

I have been researching off and on and I have some questions.

I asked one doctor about rolling and she said I should use the MTS roller but after seeing the price of it I was curious if it really matters what brand I use? Other than quality and standards I don't see why it would, but maybe there is something I'm missing.

She also recommended "Elastin 3 Advanced Stretch Mark Therapy" cream while rolling. Anyone tried this before?
pooch1

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
pooch1 wrote:

are you talking about Acell? i think edward was the one who tried acell with emu oil.

Yes, but with cp's not the acell stuff as cant get hold of it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |