Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kris_HK
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2011 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
stephen1001 wrote:
^^^^ sorry about the late reply... with single needling i suggest needling as close as possible within the scar and trying not to reneedle the same area. also i found some positive results when needling the edge of the scar... i call it edging the scar and from what i noticed it helps melanocytes from the immediate surrounding skin to move ever so closely into the scar.i am gonna open a flickr account and upload pictures of what i meant by joining 3 needles together which honestly is the best damn thing for stretch marks.

On a side note concerning the single needles from owndoc does anyone think that her prices for 5 needles are ridiculous? i saw on ebay pretty much similar needles 100 for 10bucks! i mean i cant complain cause her needles are perfe ct for the task but i wish she would at least double the amount for the price.

Looking forward to your flickr account mate:) this is a wonderful idea!! we can learn a lot from the pictures you upload!
qbnqty7

Mon May 23, 2011 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stephen1001,
Since you are a med student, I am very interested in knowing how you disinfect your single needles/ dermaroller and skin prior to rolling/needling? This is my biggest concern as to getting an infection b/c of it. I hear about mrsa all over the place and the thought of getting it scares me! i've rolled once, but i want to try single needling since it seems to work better for most people. in your opinion which one would u say hurts more?
thanks Smile
Loubelle

Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to stephen1001's flickr too!

I looked around on ebay for cheaper-than-owndoc needles, but all I could find were acupuncture needles that were less than 1mm. stephen1001, you'd be a god among men dermarollers if you could provide a link!

Though, the own-doc supplies do seem pretty reasonable (and the shipping estimate is dirt cheap!), so if the ebay needles flop i won't be terribly disappointed.

I'm still trying to decide whether to risk getting retin-a, or just go for a Retinol Acetate (retinoid? I forget with all the retins Confused ). Does anyone have suggestions of brand names of vit A creams/gels? Smile
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
skinactives is the place that I buy my vitamin A
Acetate
Savannahh0094

Wed May 25, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote

Hello! My name is Savannah and I'm 16. I've been overweight since I was like 6, not like really overweight, but enough to give me stretch marks... I'm pretty sure I got my first stretch marks on my thighs when I was like 8. Soon more and more came as I got older and bigger. Sweet... Anyway I weight like 190lbs (about 13.6 stone if that helps anyone who doesn't use pounds) and I should weight about 130lbs (9.3 stone)so I should lose like 60 pounds (4.3 stone)which I hope to lose by the end of the year. But i've been saying that for years and it still hasn't happened...

So. Next year will be my senior year in high school and I want to be able to get fit and at my best for college. So I'm moisturizing and doing all kinds of tricks i've found to get rid of stretch marks.

Then I came across dermarolling and it sounds like it could potentially work!

Ok! Enough background! I want to start derma rolling asap so i'll hopefully see improvement before next summer, so for the first time I can wear a bikini without feeling totally gross.

I've read a bunch of the posts on this forum and I know what i need to get, the only problem is money... I have $170 and that could be enough to get the stuff but I don't want to spend everything I have so i'll have to wait just a little longer, my birthday is in like three weeks so i'll get some money then.

This post really has no point, just to introduce myself and see if anyone has any advice or anything.

I'm just so sick of these stretch marks, as i'm sure all of you are as well. I have them on my thighs, calves, inner arms, back of arms creeping onto back, my sides, my mid back, my stomach, boobs, and my butt. So basically everywhere. And some are like really long and thick. Just not very stretchy skin I guess...

Anyway, I look forward to how others are doing and improving these idiot scars haha.

Goodbye for now! Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed May 25, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
alright i have my account up and uploaded pictures of what i meant by joining 3 needles together.if you have any questions about it please feel free to ask but you should be able to see its a pretty sound concept... why needle once when you can needle 3 times with every stick right.

SEARCH FOR stephen_1001

qbnqty7, concerning disinfecting skin i say to ensure the area is thoroughly washed with a good bodywash or antibacterial soap even before applying numbing cream and then when ready wipe off numbing cream and disinfect with rubbing alcohol.Rubbing alcohol alone is very powerful stuff, when patients are given daily injections the area is actually quite briefly rubbed with alcohol which is more than sufficient to kill any bacteria so for even more peace of mind you could leave the rubbing alcohol on longer.

I'll upload more pictures as i learn more but ive recently seen the benefit of silicone sheets on the needled areas post needling especially when your sleeping it keeps the area more moist warm supple and supports the area but i'm not gonna say much about it until i could really back it up.

Good luck ladies keep up the rolling.
Ariella

Sat May 28, 2011 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fellow dermarollers! I am a newbie to the rollergirls (: i have yet to purchase my first dermaroller, but am in the process as i'm typing this. My first question would probably be the most obvious...which website can i purchase what is considered the 'best' and most reliable dermaroller? i believe i should be starting of with a 1.5...is that correct?
Thanks!
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 5:01 am      Reply with quote
The areas I rolled were only week/few days ago, so no results here yet. I am not really expecting to see results as I didn't roll hard enough, neither have I been able to use the ingredients I want to use yet. I'll wait about 30 min before applying the vit A. Normally right after I roll I only use 0.025% on the vit a. The next day I use to vit c (in morning, taking Erin's advice) and then later that night I use to 0.1% vit a. Not sure if it is a big deal with the % but I figured I’d give it a try.
jstrazishar
5% products discount

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
So I just rolled my thigh for the first time and hips for the second time and all I can say is OUCH! It hurts so much more than rolling my face. I think I'm going to need numbing cream in order to be able to get any sort of penetration with the needles. Any recommendations on a good one?
qbnqty7

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks stephen for responding to my question! Very Happy That is what i have been doing, but wasn't sure if that was enough.

Now what about the actual needles? is alcohol good enough for them too? some people have posted that they use barbicide (i guess that is what barbers/stylists use to disinfect their tools)
stephen1001
5% products discount

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:40 am      Reply with quote
^^^^ yep rubbing alcohol is more than sufficient for disinfecting... using barbicide is huge time waster in my opinion.Just make sure the dermaroller or needles dont have any rubbing alcohol on them when rolling.
All alcohol does is dissolve the cell membrane of the bacteria which instantly kills the bacteria and this by itself is very efficient in sterilization.
jstrazishar
5% products discount

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking at buying single needles. Do you think the skinnier the better? Acupuncture needles on ebay go all the way down to 0.18mm, and are super cheap. The Own-Doc single needles are 0.25mm, but I'm not sure skinnier than that necessarily means better.

Someone above me said that the ones she found only go 1mm deep, though. Is that with all acupuncture needles?
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there has anyone ever tried mixing their powdered Retinol Acetate with Emu Oil. Ive been applying my Vit. A this way, & I like it.
tabercat

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Stephen,
I am wondering how long it took you to notice results with single needling. Also, do you feel is is necessary to roll as well as single needle? What added benefits are provided by rolling? Have you continued to roll/needle the area that improved by 80%? If so, have there been any improvements beyond the 80% or do you think it is maxed out? As far as the edge needling you spoke of, do you think it is possible that the needling is actually scarring the surrounding skin slightly and evening out the coloration in that way? Have you noticed more improvement from needling in the depth or color of the marks? Sorry for all of the questions, but any information about your methods/results would be greatly appreciated, because your posts fascinate me and give me immense hope!
kkai8

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have been looking through this massive forum and having a hard time finding the answers to my questions.

Can someone please answer the following?:
1) Dermaroller sells a home kit, and one for only medical professionals. Will a home kit treat stretch marks effectively?
2) Where (I live in California) can I receive treatment with a medical grade dermaroller for my stretch marks?
3) It's hard getting a straight answer on this forum, how effective is dermaroller for stretch marks on a scale of 1 to 10? 1- being not at all to 10- poof! They're gone!
4) are there any other manufacturers that sell this product?

Thank you!
stephen1001
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
tabercat,

i just took a shower actually and checked out the area again and its about 6 more days till i have to needle that area again and i would say its about 83% as compared to 6 days before my previous needle.The awesome thing is we can keep needling for the rest of our lives Very Happy so im pretty damn confident ill eliminate those marks eventually.
I can confidently say that needling is much more effective than rolling, as i mentioned before rolling is the next best thing for areas like the buttocks where needling would be damn near impossible unless you get someone to do it for you.Also needling once you dont needle the same place twice would NOT scar your skin, your skin is dynamic not static its just waiting to heal itself (which its pretty damn good at).Edging doesnt scar the surrounding area it just helps in wound contraction and melanocyte migration.
Efficacy and needling go hand in hand, EVERY LITTLE THING COUNTs.its a lifestyle.

DIET (inclusive of RELEVANT supplementation,hydration )
PROPER TOPICALS
SLEEP(diurnal pattern)
HORMONE CONTROL
AEROBIC EXERCISE
NEEDLING EFFICACY
TREATMENT OF NEEDLED AREAS PRE AND POST NEEDLING
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING MODERATE ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION

I'm learning so much its crazy right now.I could use some feedback though as it helps me learn on what i should be focusing on.what did you'll think about my 3 needle approach? anyone try it yet?

Also i realized that areas of my skin that doesnt see much movement (stretching) especially after needling tend to heal better and this is why i'm trying out the silicone sheets because they definitely keep the area supported and hydrated by trapping moisture.Anywayz i rambled on enough good luck

stephen
jstrazishar
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Stephen,

Is there anything I can use other than Lidocaine to numb the area before needling/rolling?
stephen1001
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
^^^^ people use ice, ive tried ethyl chloride spray as well but so for nothing can touch the emla cream.i would advise for the emla ive been using it for a year now and no problems so far
jstrazishar
5% products discount

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm. I guess I'll try ice. I can't afford the EMLA cream right now. I think my last roll on my thigh was extremely effective, though. Smile It hurts like hell rolling on my hips, though.
jstrazishar
5% products discount

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh. I'm going to a hotel that has like 6 waterparks at it in Wisconsin Dells on Monday with some friends. So I bought a new bikini and I look so great in it...except for all the stupid stretch marks. I'm so bummed.
*Jasmine*

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone ever try using a peel after a dermaroll? I have some TCA and some lactic acid and was thinking about trying it right after I roll, because the peel will go deeper. 1.5mm roller.

Good/Bad idea?
Loubelle

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Jasmine, I've never dermarolled or used a peel,so feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but i thought the purpose of the peel was to peel off the layers of the epidermis, while the 1.5mm roller was to make it to the dermis to encourage collagen production.

To me, using something that was mean to peel off skin to go that deep into what essentially are wounds, sounds hella painful, and sounds like it would do more harm than good. If I wanted to use the peel, i would stick to using it on healed skin only.

Now, I have a question of my own!

I was going through my bathroom cupboards and found these boxes of sterilised needles, and they seem perfect for single needling! Only thing is, they're 0.35mm in diameter, and the owndoc needles are 0.25mm.

Are 0.35mm diameter needles too wide for needling?
Nenka
5% products discount

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
That is what interesting me to. I have found on ebay needles that are in diameter 0.25mm like ones on own.doc. And they are only 5-10$ for 100 needles... soo does anybody knows????

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I also got very good improvement of my stretch marks with the needles from owndoc. Their needles are only 2 mm long and that makes needling much easier.

I have read somewhere that the maximum diameter for a dermaroller needle should be 0.25 mm otherwise it can cause scarring. It was on a website of a doctor who performs dermarolling and he said that from his experience a 0.25 mm diameter is the best. I forgot where it was. If I find the link, I will post it.
Loubelle

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi martal, thanks for the info Smile I started using the needles i found for like half a minute, then chickened out Razz and decided I'd rather use something that was specifically made for the job.

Nenka, I don't think there's anything wrong with using the acupuncture needles for skin needling, but the difference between those and the own-doc ones is that the own-doc needles have a kind of...stopper at 2mm, so you can't go any deeper than that. Acupuncture needles (or at least the ones i've found) don't have that stopper, so you can't be sure as to how far you're going in.

some people (like myself) would rather pay extra for that feature, while the stopper may not matter to other people, in which case.... yay cheap needles! Very Happy

I just remembered though, some acupuncture needles are made for 'one use only', and probably won't be able to stand up to lots of stabbin', so you may want to factor that into your decision Smile

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |