Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Ugh, having one of my 'the SM's will never go away or get reduced' days now and it's so depressing Sad

The more I think about it, the more I KNOW that it's going to help my SM's, but at the same time there's a little voice inside my head telling me to stop fooling myself - it'll never ever get better.

Do you recognize it? Dermaroller seem to have worked (even if its just the slightest improvement) for 99% of the people using it, why should it be different for me?

Anyway, placing the order next week. Im getting desperate, this is my last chance.

If I, by some miracle, manage to reduce the main ones on my stomach to the point where i'm not bothered, I'll probably be as happy as can be. If they're reduced but not really invisible, you could always tattoo them over. Really get a lot of ideas on how to cover up the SM's, its a freaking science Laughing

Btw, is the dr-roller.eu site trust worthy? Because, unlike a lot of other sites, it doesnt claim to COMPLETELY remove the SM's, it just says that it will indeed reduce them but you can never get 'fresh' skin on them again. And the photos on the site looks pretty amazing to me, so if they're real it would be pretty awesome..

I'm asking this because, if it's the case, then when the SM's have reduced as much as they can, and if there are still 'holes' in the skin after them, couldn't we use a roller just to thicken the epidermis and therefor make it look more normal?

Stay strong girls, we're all in this together and if one of us has success, it's possible for all of us! Very Happy
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
shygirl11 wrote:
hey kay...do you use any numbing agent?

Hey Shy,

I have tried numbing cream once, Emla. It didn't do a thing lol. So I wont bother with it anymore probably. I think I'm just going to have to cope with the pain, it can be horrid huh? Sad... but it could well be worth it in the end!

I have actually bought a couple of them ice packs/blocks lol, I might put that on the area to see if that 'slightly numbs' it just before I roll.

Loosey wrote:
but at the same time there's a little voice inside my head telling me to stop fooling myself - it'll never ever get better.

Do you recognize it?

Oh yes, I certainly do recognize it! I totally understand where you are coming from with your post.

I too have days where I will think, this is impossible. It's never going to work, or it just wont work for ME... because that's my luck.
Then other days I think about how derma rolling works and think differently and that it should work. I think it's just emotions upsetting our thoughts.

I was just reading a thread that has been made on this site called "How to use glycolic acid with DermaRoller" and saw a post by Bethany (hope she wont mind me posting it here...):

bethany wrote:
We had someone on the forum who rolled acid in with a dermaroller and ended up with huge patches of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Shock

I am really starting to think that they SHOULD pull dermarollers off the consumer market (preferably worldwide) to protect people from themselves. Maybe I'll report it to whatever US agency myself to help expedite that!

Imagine if that did happen and 'we' could NO longer purchase a derma roller (as they will need replacing)... woah, that's not a good thought! This is the one treatment I feel I will have any success with!

As usual, it will be the so&so people that ruin it for te good/sensible/genuine people lol.

Let's just hope if it does ever happen, we will have finished our derma rolling treatments lol.
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Kay2008: How do you disolve the crystals from the vitamin C that you order? I've been looking around and it seems to be the best option available for me.. Does it have the same effect as LAA powder?!
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
For those who tried the EMLA cream and didn't really numb them... how long did you leave it on for?

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Elle2009
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Josee, I have used EMLA in the past and left it on for almost 1 hr I put cling film on top, I read somewhere that one should do this. I was very numb and felt nothing except on my upper lip.

On the body I don't use EMLA I can just about tolerate it but I have changed my routine I now do more gentle rolls up to 5 times a weeks using a 1mm roller.

I also feel like some of the other posters have mentioned that this is not going to work for me but its early days still so I am trying not to look at my stretchmarks stick with the 4 weeks rolling 5 days a week and then asses if there are any improvements. On most websites it says that most users should notice an improvements between 2 to 4 weeks.

I wonder if one has to roll forever and ever or at what point the cutoff is where the maximum improvement has been achieved.

Hope everyone is well. Elle
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Elle2009 wrote:

I also feel like some of the other posters have mentioned that this is not going to work for me but its early days still so I am trying not to look at my stretchmarks stick with the 4 weeks rolling 5 days a week and then asses if there are any improvements. On most websites it says that most users should notice an improvements between 2 to 4 weeks.

Oh dear, thats WAY too much Shock You're only suppose to roll once every 6 weeks - and that's the least amount of time you should wait before rolling again.

5 days a week will give you WONDERFUL results at first because of inflammation, but then your skin will go back to what it once was and WORSE. Please dont roll so often! Please.
Elle2009
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loosey, I hear you but honestly the skin I am rolling couldn't get any worse it has very little elasticity as it is. Also I called a couple of these companies and asked them about the more gentle 5 days a week rolling routine and they explained what I should be doing and I choose to believe them and try it.

Consider me the tester for this approach and I will give honest feedback as to the outcome.

I am giving this my last shot of trying to improve the stretchmarks and if this doesn't work or make it worse I just give up Sad

Elle
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Loosey wrote:
Kay2008: How do you disolve the crystals from the vitamin C that you order? I've been looking around and it seems to be the best option available for me.. Does it have the same effect as LAA powder?!

Hi,

I add 1tsp to 2oz of water in a small dark spray bottle. I then just give it a good shake and my crystals disolved pretty much within 2 minutes. I've never had an issue with them not disolving or with it not fully disolving.

Josee wrote:
For those who tried the EMLA cream and didn't really numb them... how long did you leave it on for?

I tried EMLA once on my arm... I left it on for over 30 mins but it didn't do anything. Maybe I needed to leave it on longer or maybe I didn't apply enough of it.

Elle2009, I agree with Loosey. Although it is entirely upto YOU what you do with your body... I'm not in anyway telling you what to do. But it's not a great idea to roll daily, especially with a roller of 1mm or more. It can actually end up doing more damage than good. I learnt all about that in the Derma Rolling thread... because I was also considering doing what they suggest on the sites that sell the derma roller. But someone in that thread made a very good point - they are only selling the product, and aren't really the people to recommend how to use it correctly.

Imo, telling customers to use a roller daily will mean that they need to replace them pretty quickly, so... that means they get more money out of you. Also, I believe one might see results in a month but it could just simply be inflammation.

It's your choice. You do what you want and what feels right for you.

But after reading what I did in the Derma Rolling thread I know I will not roll with a 1mm roller or above no more than once every 4 weeks.

Oh I just remembered... I contacted dr-roller.eu to ask what length of needle they recommend I use between treatments of my 1.5mm roller (I want to use one daily inbetween for product penetration)... here was their reply:

Quote:
I recommend you the 0.15 mm if you have sensitive skin or 0.25 mm if normal skin, to use for product penetration. The 0.5 mm is a bit too long for this purpose. The shorties may be used daily if you like.

So if anything, I'd use a maximum of a 0.25mm roller daily and nothing longer.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I have naturally thick skin, especially around my thigh and buttocks area, do you think that using a 2.5mm dermaroller is pushing it? I just want to do 1 aggressive roll.
Italianprincess21

Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
hi...new to the site and just made a new post about stertch marks and rolling technique because I couldn't find any posts about it....guess I was looking in the wrong place! Please read my post Stretch Marks and Dermarolling.....please reply back....thanks! Laughing

[Admin] Re-posting the above referenced post here in the interest of avoiding duplicate threads--welcome to EDS Italianprincess21!

Hi! I am new to this site and have been reviewing the forums and couldn't find much about stretch mark treatment. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but anyway. I just purchased a MTS microneedler 2.0 and recieved it yesterday. Let me tell my story, I just had a baby (my first and love of my life) almost 5 months ago. I am 5'3 and was around 130 before conceiving, day before delivery I weighed about 170. Gained about 40 pounds total son was 8 pounds 8 ounces and had to be delivered c-section because I would not dilate and he was to BIG! For my body type anyway. But I was given an epidural and had an allergic reation causing me to scratch my entire body during and after labor which in turn I believe cause the stretch marks because my skin was taught and sensitive...i.e didn't have any until week after delivery which is what makes me think this. Anyway, it has truly lowered my self esteem so I have decided to do something about it and have researched many different techniques to treat them. I have tried vbeam laser twice which helped with reddness (they are still red or pink now because they are still new) and for the first time 4 weeks ago I tried fraxel laser which has made an improvement but costs and arm and a leg!!!!! I would really love to see if anyone has before and after pics of treating their stretch marks with microneedling technique and what product are safe and effective before and after rolling to make the most promising improvement! I a m young I still want to get into a bikini and take my new son swimming next summer. My goal is treat starting now all through the winter inorder to see the very best reaults and I have heard this technique can be just as effective as fraxel if done correctly and is much less costly! Thanks guys and just wanna say this forum is amazing! Everyone is so intelligent and eager to learn!
Italianprincess21

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Ok so I have finally been able to read through this thread...thanks to all for all the info mentioned....I am going to roll for the first time tommarrow evening after taking a long bath. As I stated in my post a little earlier, my roller is a 2.0.....I bought a sterilizing kit with it from the make me heal website....don't know if any of you have ever logged on to that website or not but they have a TON of product and tools for skincare but what I wanted to know is I read one of you all said you can only roll once every six weeks with a 1.0 or above but can you roll more in between with a much smaller roller as maintance? Just wondering. Also read of the importance of vitamin a and c while rolling but what about vitamin e or evening primrose oilto help the healing process....and are you guys using topical vit c or retin a or are you using all natural as in breaking open vit a capsules or vit c powder? Also want to know if you see reaults with the crepy feeling of stretch marks or does this technique just help fade them? I know lots of questions guys but I really wanna do this right.....thanks guys! Rolling Eyes
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Italianprincess and welcome to the thread/forum! glad to have you on board with us.

Italianprincess21 wrote:
Ok so I have finally been able to read through this thread...thanks to all for all the info mentioned....I am going to roll for the first time tommarrow evening after taking a long bath. As I stated in my post a little earlier, my roller is a 2.0.....I bought a sterilizing kit with it from the make me heal website....don't know if any of you have ever logged on to that website or not but they have a TON of product and tools for skincare but what I wanted to know is I read one of you all said you can only roll once every six weeks with a 1.0 or above but can you roll more in between with a much smaller roller as maintance? Just wondering.

Yes, it is recommended to roll at least 4 - 6 weeks apart.

I am the one who mentioned rolling inbetween with a smaller sized needle roller to help with product penetration. I had a reply to my post on the 'Derma Rolling' thread and also a reply from the dr-roller.eu website. So I am now actually thinking of giving it a go and testing it to see what happens. I will probably use either the 0.15mm or the 0.25mm inbetween treatments of my 1.5mm roller.

Italianprincess21 wrote:

Also read of the importance of vitamin a and c while rolling but what about vitamin e or evening primrose oilto help the healing process....

I'm not sure if primrose oil is an anti-inflammatory? (I have never used it). Like emu oil for example, if it is... I wouldn't recommend using it as inflammation is part of the whole process.

Italianprincess21 wrote:
and are you guys using topical vit c or retin a or are you using all natural as in breaking open vit a capsules or vit c powder? Also want to know if you see reaults with the crepy feeling of stretch marks or does this technique just help fade them? I know lots of questions guys but I really wanna do this right.....thanks guys! Rolling Eyes

We are using Retin-A cream (or gel, most use cream though), also known as 'Tretinoin' you can get this on prescription or order from alldaychemist.com (which most of us have done), you don't need a prescription to order from them.

As for the Vit C... people are using a DIY Vit C spray. Made with L-Ascorbic Acid (powder or crystals) mixed with water/distilled water.
lolo1

Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys, thank you for talking about your experiences.
I'm new to this forum and i was wondering if it was possible to use opened vitamin A capsules instead of the retine A cream.( my skin is sensitive) It will be so expensive to buy it each time. I'm not able to get it from my doctor as they will only prescribe it to treat acne. Also i'm a little bit scared to use it on small open wounds.
Also can i use the Holland and Barret vitamin C powder as a spray.
Thank you
Italianprincess21

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kay....I have retin-a 0.04% that i have used for acne. Will that work? I also hace pure vitamin c powder that i bought from the health food store....or i have to vit a capsules. What about vit e as i have heard this is important to help heal the stretch marks and prevent as well?
Italianprincess21

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Also evening primrose oil is good for healthy skin function when taken in oral form so I thought maybe it would be beneficial when used topically?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Italianprincess21 wrote:
Thanks Kay....I have retin-a 0.04% that i have used for acne. Will that work? I also hace pure vitamin c powder that i bought from the health food store....or i have to vit a capsules. What about vit e as i have heard this is important to help heal the stretch marks and prevent as well?

You could try that, if it is Retin-A it should be fine... most people are using 0.05% Retin-A cream, so 0.04% sounds good.

If it is pure Vit C powder then I shouldn't see why it would be a problem.

As for Vit E use topicaly I am not sure... all I know is once I read about taking Vit E capsules internally - shouldn't be taking when rolling as it can cause bruising or something (I will have to try and find the post I made)... so someone recommended I stop taking it a while before I roll.

Italianprincess21 wrote:
Also evening primrose oil is good for healthy skin function when taken in oral form so I thought maybe it would be beneficial when used topically?

I don't really know alot about evening primrose oil... so don't quote me on it hehe. I'm sure someone else will be able to help/correct me.

I have started taking Evening Primrose Oil to help with my periods. But haven't applied it topically.

I was just wondering if it was used as an inflammatory - because you don't want to be using an inflammatory (like Emu Oil) for at least the first 5 days after a roll. But I have no idea if Primrose Oil is an inflammatory. If not, then go for it.

But, I would suggest not applying it before or too soon after applying Retin-A as you may dilute it.
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
ARGGGGGGGGH!

I was just making my order for Retin A and climax spray ... WHEN I FIND OUT THEY DO NOT SHIP TO MY COUNTRY FOR SOME WEIRD REASON! I'm so mad right now Mad

Could someone here PLEASE order for me and then ship to me (I live in Sweden)? I'll pay for all costs and stuff. This is just my luck Sad

If you are willing to order for me, please PM. This sucks Sad Sad
jezebel17
5% products discount

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Im new to EDS.I've looked into using a derma roller on my stretch marks for a really long time and Im finally ready to just go for it. I have some questions that Im hoping you ladies can be kind enough to answer.

-How do you sanitize the roller after every use?Im planning to order the DR.Roller.
-Do you have to apply antibacterial ointment on the skin after rolling?
-Is it ok to start using emu oil the day after rolling up until the next rolling section? I have read so many good things about emu oil and it's amazing ability to penetrate into the dermis.

I also will be using copper peptide cream not vit a and c.Is that ok?
Italianprincess21

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering does anyone have before and after photos of their stretchmarks and how rolling has benefit them? Would love someone to share....I am just starting and i am going to keep an album of how it goes........
havana8

Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:
Hi everyone, Im new to EDS.I've looked into using a derma roller on my stretch marks for a really long time and Im finally ready to just go for it. I have some questions that Im hoping you ladies can be kind enough to answer.

-How do you sanitize the roller after every use?Im planning to order the DR.Roller.
-Do you have to apply antibacterial ointment on the skin after rolling?
-Is it ok to start using emu oil the day after rolling up until the next rolling section? I have read so many good things about emu oil and it's amazing ability to penetrate into the dermis.

I also will be using copper peptide cream not vit a and c.Is that ok?

Hi jezebel17, In case it's helpful, here are the main dermaroller threads from the Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare board to help maximize your efforts:

Dermaroller
--this huge thread covers all aspects of Dermarolling and member experiences, troubleshooting etc.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460

Discounted Dermarollers for EDS Members
--various sources on where to get your dermaroller
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

CIT/Dermarolling Articles and Presentations
--the background of whys and hows of dermarolling sourced and compiled by Bethany
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860&highlight=cit

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you
--EDSer feedback on dermarolling
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29250&highlight=dermaroller

HELP!! Topical anesthetic for dermaroller?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28848&highlight=dermaroller

How to sterilize your dermaroller

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34317&highlight=sterilize+dermaroller
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=411638#411638

Welcome to EDS. wave
havana8

Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Italianprincess21 wrote:
Just wondering does anyone have before and after photos of their stretchmarks and how rolling has benefit them? Would love someone to share....I am just starting and i am going to keep an album of how it goes........

The Nova Clinic had a few befores and afters for stretchmarks. In case you haven't seen them yet, here is the link:
http://www.dermarollers.com/stretch.html
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Right well I have finally made my mind up.

I am going to be purchasing a 0.25mm roller to use inbetween rolling with my 1.5mm roller.

I'm not sure how many times a week I will use it yet though. See how it goes I suppose.

I still haven't rolled my thigh again yet, last time was 4th May. It's all healed and completely back to normal now which is good... at least next time when I get discoloration etc I wont get paranoid, and I know it will eventually go away!
mousyme
5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, i am new to this forumn however a long time lurker.I am giving the derma-roller an honest consideration, and I just want to make sure I have everything right. Everyone suggest to purchase the Dr. Roller right? I have stretch marks from my boobs to the back of my knees which size do you suggest purchasing?
mousyme
5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Also when you purchase the roller does it give directions on how to keep sterilized? Sorry about all the questions i just would like to make sure im well informed before i perform anyone DIY projects on my body
logger710

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
There is a company in Ireland that sell Dr.Roller branded derma rollers that include free delivery to anywhere in the world.They sell for only €45/$62 delivered to your door.They also accept paypal.

To buy them goto:

globalpremiersourcing com/shop (click on skin care)

For more information on these Dr.Rollers goto:

globalpremiersourcing com/blog

These guys are great to deal with and brilliant prices with free delivery.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |