Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:55 am      Reply with quote
My inflammation has gone down, did the roll good as 2 weeks ago....so they say after 21 days it starts to fill it in with collagen... so does this mean i will start to notice the results maybe afew weeks after this?

After how many weeks did u see ur results?

I can't wat to do my next roll....
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:

Do you know what sort of problems it can cause? Do you mean applying direcly after a roll... or using it daily after a roll?

Using Ascorbic acid right after rolling has been associated with tissue necrosis Embarassed

That's why it's better to use some sort of oil-soluble Vitamin C the day you roll.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:

Do you know what sort of problems it can cause? Do you mean applying direcly after a roll... or using it daily after a roll?

Using Ascorbic acid right after rolling has been associated with tissue necrosis Embarassed

That's why it's better to use some sort of oil-soluble Vitamin C the day you roll.

Ohhhh... thank you for that.

I haven't applied the Vit C (mixed with water) since that post because I was worried.

I never applied it right after a roll, the first time I would apply it after a roll would be the next evening... and then I would apply it once daily until I decided to do the next roll.

I think I am going to leave it out for now then. I'm not sure I'd be able to get the ingredients to make an oil based C serum. And to buy it, well it's expensive and you don't get much product for you money I hear.
bento

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I received my 1.5 Dr Roller more than a month ago. Really felt that $70 was a rip-off for something so small but anyway...

I've rolled once on the front both of my upper arms and parts of my hips. Today and after four weeks I rolled for a second time my upper left arm. I pushed really hard until the area turned slightly purple with drops of blood all over. The process is painful but bearable. I keep cleaning the roller with peroxide and rubbing alcohol during the process just to be safe.

I think I am seeing a very small improvement on my right upper arm which has been rolled one. However, the rolled areas have turned a bit darker after a few days of stopping the application of vitamin A and C.

I'm using 0.5% vitamin A at night and Vitamin C in the morning, repeating this for 5 days after the area is rolled. Don't know if I should do this for more days but at about the third day the skin starts peeling similar to one you would get from a mild sunburn. I apply the vitamin A right after rolling, maybe I should wait the 30mins as suggested.

Since I couldn't find the vitamin C serum I'm using vit C softgel capsules (ascorbic acid, soybean oil, glycerin, soy lecithin, water, titanium dioxide, coloring). Don't know if it is as efficient as the serum but I do feel the itching and tingling that others have reported.

This should be hard to answer since everyone is different, but about how long does it take to see dramatic results? Maybe 4 - 6 rolls (4 - 6 months)?

Also, after 5-7 days of applying vit A and C I'm thinking of applying St. Ives collagen elastin or aloe vera to try to stop the peeling and maybe help on the healing. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
finally rolled again,its been months. but i got the vitamin C powder to make the serum & retin A
which i applied directly after i rolled. i read on here not to? i thought that the whole point was to get the product in your skin? im kinda lost so can someone explain?
bento

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently it's not a good idea to mix both. Also it's been said that you should wait ~30min before applying the Retin A. What some members are doing is applying Retin A before going to bed and Vit. C in the morning.

Of course, we can all be wrong about this : )
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
bento wrote:
Apparently it's not a good idea to mix both. Also it's been said that you should wait ~30min before applying the Retin A. What some members are doing is applying Retin A before going to bed and Vit. C in the morning.

Of course, we can all be wrong about this : )

whats confusing me is i read there is a 30 min window where the skin is open. but that could be wrong too,there's just too much info to read lol.ive read every page of the other thread and this one & after a while it all gets jumbled up.I'm only going to roll once a month so next time ill just follow P girls routine. i still look like im sunburned,when i use to roll & use trilastin and emu oil id be white by the next morning.dont know if thats good or bad. i also bled little droplets this time all over.maybe im getting better at rolling. it does hurt,i dont use anything to numb myself.im afraid of all that getting in my blood or ruining my results.ill keep you all posted if i get result or not.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:

i added some emu oil to my vitamin c, does that make it safer to use post roll?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean about it all getting confusing and jumbled up.

There is alot to remember with this rolling stuff! I forget some stuff and have to keep going back to certain pages to remind myself.

I only apply Retin-A and the Vit C (with water) after rolling, although I have now stopped applying the Vit C spray because someone mentioned it can do harm, until I know for certain it doesn't cause harm I will continue without it.

I have no idea if this is recommended or not, but once I have rolled, I wipe the area to clean it then apply the Retin-A cream there and then, I don't wait until the next day, I don't even wait 30 minutes.

I too have read that the 'holes' close up somewhat within so many minutes/hours so I just apply it right afterward. I have had no reaction doing this... and if I am totally honest, I am not bothered about all this too much Vit A/Retin-A in your system stuff. If you worry then that's fine, I am not in any way telling you that you shouldn't worry, but this is my body and I want to try and sort something that ruins my everyday life so I am not going to worry about applying too much Retin-A or it doing damage to my liver (I'm sure someone said that's what it can do...).

I have read many a time not to apply Emu Oil after a roll (you can 5 days after) because Emu Oil can be an anti inflammatory, and after all inflammation is part of the process so you don't want to stop it... but that's just what I have read (like I said, I forget stuff lol).
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else get their SM's to show up more after applying Retin A? Its like the rest of my skin gets darker, and they get more visible. Is this normal? It's making me depressed knowing they're more visible Sad

Anyway, 4 weeks since I rolled my stomach now and even though I'm really tempted to roll again, I'm going to wait an additional two to three weeks - to make sure I really don't ruin anything from my previous roll.

As for using Emu Oil after rolling - bad, bad idea. I think you should wait at least a week or so before applying it. Rolling + emu oil = non effective roll and you wont see results.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:50 am      Reply with quote
well aslong as the inflammation has gone down it so be okay to roll after 4 weeks.... plus i assume ur using cream to speed the whole thing up....

Another thing from what i have read from doctors notes... when 1.5mm goes into skin it sud bleed a little.... this is why it important to but pain killers or use ice.

Looosey any result to share after ur roll?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I've only done one roll on (meaning a small area, not covering every single stretch mark on that part of my body) my left thigh, left calf, stomach, let breast and left hip with a 1.5mm roller... I applied rather hard pressure and it did bleed etc but I could cope with the pain ok for all areas apart from my hip, that was the most painful.

I tried using my EMLA cream once, but it didn't do anything.
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:

Looosey any result to share after ur roll?

Not really, and I'm not really expecting to see anything this fast Laughing I know that I have at least 3-4 months left before I can *expect* to see results but I will report on any sort of progress that I might have!

Btw, on another note... I so know how y'all feel when you have to save people from hurting their skin and rolling too often Shock I'm on a swedish forum where they're using dermarollers, and one girl wanted to use a 2 mm roller EVERY DAY on her scars Confused I can't understand why people do not make research when it comes to something like this, which can potentially hurt your skin in the long run. Oh well, at least I'm educated in the matter Laughing
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if anyone already knows this but you can also buy Retin-A cream from MedsMex. I was browsing one of the other sections on this forum and came across a thread discussing buying Retin-A.

MedsMex sell 0.025%, 0.5% and even 0.1% Retin-A cream, where as ADC only sell upto 0.05% in cream... the 0.1% is in gel form.

The tubes are more expensive on MedsMex but they are 40g rather than ADC's 20g's.

Shipping is $10 national and $15 international, no matter how many products you order.

So If I was to order 80g's of Retin-A 0.1% cream from MedsMex it would cost $89 (£53). If I was to buy 80g's of 0.05% Retin-A cream from ADC it would work out $33 (£20). (0.05% Retin-A from MedsMex would work out $66... so basically double, but I think people might be discussing which ones are better to buy brands/ingredients etc.) Personally I would like to get hold of 0.1% Retin-A cream.

http://www.medsmex.com
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
KAY THANKS LOADS.....kay try using ice like i use my bacon packet which is frozen and leave it on for 2 minutes then roll.... trust me it helps
atai

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, ice works great. I just rolled with a 1.5 mm with ice and it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Kay, what strenght of retin a do you use right after rolling?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
KAY THANKS LOADS.....kay try using ice like i use my bacon packet which is frozen and leave it on for 2 minutes then roll.... trust me it helps

atai wrote:
Yes, ice works great. I just rolled with a 1.5 mm with ice and it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Kay, what strenght of retin a do you use right after rolling?

I will be sure to try the 'ice' next time I roll then! Thank you.

atai I am using 0.05% Retin-A after my rolls.
bento

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
whats confusing me is i read there is a 30 min window where the skin is open.

That makes sense, that's why I apply it right after rolling and whipping the blood.

ace243 wrote:
i still look like im sunburned,when i use to roll & use trilastin and emu oil id be white by the next morning.dont know if thats good or bad.

For me it remains red for about 5 days but I'm only using Vit A and C.

Any thoughts on using vitamin C softgel capsules (ascorbic acid, soybean oil, glycerin, soy lecithin, water, titanium dioxide, coloring)? It's very convenient but I'm not sure that it has the same effect as the serum.
atai

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kay, do you use retin a everyday? Do you exfoliate before applying it? I'm thinking about drybrushing to increase product penetration but don't want to destroy new collagen forming in dermis.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:16 am      Reply with quote
This one thing i am puzzled on... when does the collagen start growin...i read after 21 days.... so what ur stretch make will just start to fade away after 3 months?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
atai wrote:
Kay, do you use retin a everyday? Do you exfoliate before applying it? I'm thinking about drybrushing to increase product penetration but don't want to destroy new collagen forming in dermis.

I apply the Retin-A right after a roll, then I continue to use it once daily. I don't exfoliate... but I did purchase a 0.25mm roller to use for product penetration (lightly a few times a week), but I haven't got round to trying this method quite yet though.
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Just finished the second roll on my stomach, and omg, I had to stop because it hurt so much Sad For the next roll I'll definitely purchase some numbing cream Laughing

Since it hurt so much, I just focused on getting my SM's around my bellybutton rolled and small areas around my hip. I bled some - not enough to call the ambulance LOL but I definitely had some blood, which - again - I'm happy about Very Happy I won't apply anything to my skin for a few days because the Vit A cream I have which isnt Retin A, I dont know if its safe or not to use as I have no idea if it has any anti-inflammatory agents in it. I'll probably apply it in a week or so! Very Happy Also, I wont use my Vit C serum or Retin A until I've done further research about them and excess inflammation. The last thing I want is damage my skin Confused

Hopeeeeefully by the next roll, I'll be starting to see results as it will be my 12 week mark (90 days, 3 months). To be honest I've given up on ridding myself completely from them, and my SM's aren't severe enough to need that. I'll be happy with at least 50% reduction. I think going into this with realistic expectations will help you in the long run. Not saying that complete resultion isnt possible, but I wont sit here crying in a year if they're not completely gone!
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
From wat i have seen..the more blood the more pigment will be laid into the skin for the stretch mark..Next roll will be soon and i am going to roll my skin to a pulp lol Cause i am not happy with the results on the thicker stretch marks.... the thinner stretch marks look sooo much better and have new pgment in them
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
From wat i have seen..the more blood the more pigment will be laid into the skin for the stretch mark..Next roll will be soon and i am going to roll my skin to a pulp lol Cause i am not happy with the results on the thicker stretch marks.... the thinner stretch marks look sooo much better and have new pgment in them

Hi superdogg,

So it's now been roughly 4ish weeks since your roll? Are you seeing some colour changes to the smaller stretch marks?

I hope all is well... no updates from me yet though.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
(back stretch marks) Yes on the thinner skin... the stretch marks are getting pigment. I did a roll today i applied some emla fo 2 hours...It was very numb...so I rolled and rolled. the more i rolled, the more the numbness wore off.. till in afew minutes it was like i hadn't put it on. I didn't bleed alot soo I am worried....So will do another roll tomorrow..cos otherwise will have to wait a whole month to get it right...

But my face ice pick scars are nearly healed smooth... my face looks soo good

What is the right way to roll...slow or fast?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |