Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kass23

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I haven't gotten the dermaroller yet, but I was thinking of combining the dermarolling with a home made remedy instead of the retin A and vitamin c spray...have any of you guys tried this? I'm going to be using a mixture of shea butter, vitamin e oil, olive oil, and vit. c...should I go for it?
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Well i am here to address an issue.... Do the derma roller really go 1.5 mm into the skin cause
... I swear the are too many needles all they do is push the skin down and dont go into it... it the were fewer needles the would be a better chance of them going into skin....

I am changing my routine to 2 weeks instead of 4 cause i know this needles aren't going in deep enough... Plus Emla work for afew roll then the skin goes painfulling raw.....

what other options are there out there for pain killers
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Well i am here to address an issue.... Do the derma roller really go 1.5 mm into the skin cause
... I swear the are too many needles all they do is push the skin down and dont go into it... it the were fewer needles the would be a better chance of them going into skin....

I am changing my routine to 2 weeks instead of 4 cause i know this needles aren't going in deep enough... Plus Emla work for afew roll then the skin goes painfulling raw.....

what other options are there out there for pain killers

There is more info out there but you can use this picture as a reference I guess

I think you are experiencing these 'issues' because you are rolling your back, this cannot be easy. How are you able to apply pressure if you have to twist your arm/hand around to your back? Obviously it would be much easier to roll other areas because your hand/arm is not twisted and it's not difficult to get access to.

Just a suggestion... do you know anyone who would be willing to roll your back for you?

They say to apply pressure and to do an intense roll - that's exactly what I did and it hurt alot, but it certainly piereced the skin because I had blood spots over the whole areas I rolled. I remember seeing some people say they could hear the skin 'popping' as the needles went in (I am not sure if that was just on their face though).
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Trust me I even tried on leg and i pressdown the needles dont seem to go all the way into the skin...next time u roll have a look lol
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Trust me I even tried on leg and i pressdown the needles dont seem to go all the way into the skin...next time u roll have a look lol

But if you are applying pressure and get red afterwards, they do get down all the way in the skin. I wouldnt advice you to do it every 2 weeks but .. Your choice really Confused
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about you guys, but I am taking orally 1.5 gram of vitamin c and 30 mg of zinc a day... I would take Vitamin a but u can't take it everyday due it can be dangerous for the liver...I hope this help with healing
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:

Well I am not sure what is going on. When I have rolled my breast, thigh, left calf, left hip etc I got the pin marks and blood (there was more blood on certain areas (enough to wipe away with a tissue) and I actually looked very closely once (because I thought the same as you did, that the needles weren't going in deep enough) and the needles were going in, I couldn't see them from underneath the roller as they went over my skin.

superdogg wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I am taking orally 1.5 gram of vitamin c and 30 mg of zinc a day... I would take Vitamin a but u can't take it everyday due it can be dangerous for the liver...I hope this help with healing

I take 1000mg of Vit C, 15-30mg of Zinc, 400 I.U. Vit E, 8,000 I.U. Vit A and 2000 - 4000 mg of MSM. I have been taking all this since at least March.

I would advise people who roll or who are trying to treat their stretch marks to look into taking certain supplements too.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I do get pin marks on back but they dont bleed just a drop out of some of them? This is frustrating I just want these stretch marks to be major reduced Sad
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
I do get pin marks on back but they dont bleed just a drop out of some of them? This is frustrating I just want these stretch marks to be major reduced Sad

I don't think you necessarily need blood to make sure you've done a proper roll. P Girl didnt bleed and she had amazing results.

You're rolling your back, no? I'd suggest you get someone to help you with it, if possible. It can't be easy rolling your back and making sure you're applying the right amount of pressure Shock

Anyway, I just wanted to share something with you about the whole frustrating thing. I so understand you. There are some days when I'm cool with this, I realise it's going to take time ... then other days i'm almost climbing the walls because I'm convinced it wont work, so i'm gonna tell you what I tell myself every single time I doubt this:

It takes at least 90 days (3 months) before you could possibly start seeing results from your first roll. Its not a quick fix at all. Personally I believe you wont see dramatic or really great results until maybe 7-8 months post your first roll ... so ... Whenever you're feeling frustrated just remember that its a time consuming treatment but I do believe it does work, if we give it enough time!
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Kay you have been rolling since like aprilhave you seen any resulta Smile
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Kay you have been rolling since like aprilhave you seen any resulta Smile

Hi superdogg,

I did my first roll/s in April, two small areas on my stomach and a small area on my left breast, these rolls were not intense as they were my very first ones and I had to get the 'feel' of rolling. I also didn't have any of the Vit C Spray or Retin-A 0.05% at that time. I have not rolled these areas since and neither have I applied any products to them.

At the beginning of May I rolled a 3x3 inch section on the front of my upper left thigh. I rolled with alot of pressure, and I felt I did an intense roll this time... there were blood spots too. I applied Retin-A daily for about 3 weeks after the roll and my DIY Vit C spray for about 2 weeks after the roll (I stopped because of irritation).

(I rolled a small area on my left calf but cannot remember when! and I only applied the Retin-A for a few days afterward, then I gave up... I know, I am terrible! Shock . I also rolled a new long stretch mark that is still pink/new on my left hip about a month ago, I have been applying my Retin-A daily and I did have irritation, but the stretch mark still look exactly the same).

So basically, I have only done one roll on each area and no more, the first 3 sections were not intense rolls and there wasn't any blood (so I am not classing them as proper rolls really.

My intense roll on my thigh was done only once and I didn't continue to apply my products after about 2-3 weeks... so basically, in my opinion I cannot expect to see any improvement really! as I didn't keep up with the routine properly.

But to answer your question... I sometimes think I see results in artificial lighting, but when I am in natural light the stretch marks still look exactly the same.

I haven't gotten round to rolling my arms and other areas yet as life is rather hectic and I just never find the time, and feel there is never a 'convenient moment'. I will get round to it eventually I am sure Smile
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Kay i think something very important to rolling is finding a good pain killer...I used emla but it wears off quickly i want to try...tetracaine now..
Nenka
5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!!!!
I just decided to order my dermaroller it will be on Monday Very Happy
I have just a few questions.. I'm rolling for stretch marks so it will be 1.5 Smile
I even talked with my dermatologist about it and this is what she said, that if you use retin a you should use it in smaller doses because it penetrate faster in the skin and more is absorb but the skin will take only doses that it need rest of it will be placed in your lever,and with the time it will be more and more of it... so she said in this case less is more, she even said that she is for taking supplement of vit a orally every 2-3 days,and retin a after rolling and once more,basically 2 times per week,especially if you are young, I'm 23..and have time Smile
I take vit c orally for a long time and she said that I just keep doing that...
I read somewhere before that vit c on open wound can couse necrosis or something,so I asked about that to.She said if you put in on the open wound that then is true, it can be very harmful and to not to do it, better to wait a day or two and then put it...
Uffff this is gonna be a long one, but I just want to tell you what she said to me..
Glycolic acid, I even asked about that, she had some great results with it and retin a even on old stretch marks.Glycolic acid supposedly induce collagen growth.
So she said that she is for this option: Take vit c as a supplement orally,just for safe, vit a every 2-3 days
and glycolic acid and retin a, retin a after roll and once more in the week, or use of retin a no more then 3 times a week without taking orally vit a, and glycolic acid not to use the day you are rolling, but day before together with retin a.
This was all confusing to me,and still is. But I think she know what she is talking. She even told me to come once a month for control so we can see if there is any progress, so she can recommend this to other girls. She is legend.OO and she is my neighbor Very Happy
So what interested me is what old rollergirls have to say about this? And do they think it is ok? Because I'm pretty confused about what I read and what she told me. So I'm asking for your opinion on this.
OO and I will roll once a month or once every 6 weeks Very Happy I even involve my sister in it, she said that she is gonna roll me Laughing
Sorry for such a long post

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys, Very Happy
I've been on and off reading this thread since I got my derma roller about two months ago.

I just thought I'd share my experiences so far. So here's the deal: personally I think that I see some improvement, though not dramatic or anything. I have awful awful stretch marks behind my knees (on my calves); which has frustrated me to no end all throughout high school. I am now 22 and have had them since I was twelve.

So two months into rolling I think I see about... 5% to 10% improvement. I realize this just might be my perception/wishful thinking. I tried to take pictures but photos just dont capture how my stretch marks actually look.

They are still fairly visible, especially in certain lighting; but I think they aren't as deep anymore. And this is only when I looked at them today.

Usually after a roll, they look better the next day because it's all inflamed and all that. But after about a week, it goes back to how it usually looks. But it's like, I woke up this morning and looked at them and they just looked better to me... haha. I dont know. I still cant wear shorts comfortably or anything; they're all still pretty much there. But like I said, I'd say about 5-10% better. I've heared friends tell me to wait pretty much a whole year to see any dramatic difference, lol.

Anyway I just thought I'd share that. We'll see in a few more months I guess if it was all wishful thinking.... (though I'm hoping in a few months, or at the most by this time next year, I'll be back on here raving about how my stretch marks are almost gone...) haha. Shock
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Guys welcome and nice to see you already adding tips. I guess using Retin a like three times a week will save alot of people money
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Kay i think something very important to rolling is finding a good pain killer...I used emla but it wears off quickly i want to try...tetracaine now..

I know what you mean, but I am not sure what else is out there to use? I know some people have been using the Climax spray.

I am dreading it when I roll a LARGE area.

Nenka wrote:
Hi everyone!!!!
I just decided to order my dermaroller it will be on Monday Very Happy
I have just a few questions.. I'm rolling for stretch marks so it will be 1.5 Smile
I even talked with my dermatologist about it and this is what she said, that if you use retin a you should use it in smaller doses because it penetrate faster in the skin and more is absorb but the skin will take only doses that it need rest of it will be placed in your lever,and with the time it will be more and more of it... so she said in this case less is more, she even said that she is for taking supplement of vit a orally every 2-3 days,and retin a after rolling and once more,basically 2 times per week,especially if you are young, I'm 23..and have time Smile
I take vit c orally for a long time and she said that I just keep doing that...
I read somewhere before that vit c on open wound can couse necrosis or something,so I asked about that to.She said if you put in on the open wound that then is true, it can be very harmful and to not to do it, better to wait a day or two and then put it...
Uffff this is gonna be a long one, but I just want to tell you what she said to me..
Glycolic acid, I even asked about that, she had some great results with it and retin a even on old stretch marks.Glycolic acid supposedly induce collagen growth.
So she said that she is for this option: Take vit c as a supplement orally,just for safe, vit a every 2-3 days
and glycolic acid and retin a, retin a after roll and once more in the week, or use of retin a no more then 3 times a week without taking orally vit a, and glycolic acid not to use the day you are rolling, but day before together with retin a.
This was all confusing to me,and still is. But I think she know what she is talking. She even told me to come once a month for control so we can see if there is any progress, so she can recommend this to other girls. She is legend.OO and she is my neighbor Very Happy
So what interested me is what old rollergirls have to say about this? And do they think it is ok? Because I'm pretty confused about what I read and what she told me. So I'm asking for your opinion on this.
OO and I will roll once a month or once every 6 weeks Very Happy I even involve my sister in it, she said that she is gonna roll me Laughing
Sorry for such a long post

Hi Nenka and welcome, it's great to have you with us! Very Happy

Sorry I cannot be of any help with the Glycolic + Derma Rolling as I haven't a clue about this (although I have thought about trying it myself)... I hope someone else on here will be able to help.

CassieZ wrote:
Hey guys, Very Happy
I've been on and off reading this thread since I got my derma roller about two months ago.

I just thought I'd share my experiences so far. So here's the deal: personally I think that I see some improvement, though not dramatic or anything. I have awful awful stretch marks behind my knees (on my calves); which has frustrated me to no end all throughout high school. I am now 22 and have had them since I was twelve.

So two months into rolling I think I see about... 5% to 10% improvement. I realize this just might be my perception/wishful thinking. I tried to take pictures but photos just dont capture how my stretch marks actually look.

They are still fairly visible, especially in certain lighting; but I think they aren't as deep anymore. And this is only when I looked at them today.

Usually after a roll, they look better the next day because it's all inflamed and all that. But after about a week, it goes back to how it usually looks. But it's like, I woke up this morning and looked at them and they just looked better to me... haha. I dont know. I still cant wear shorts comfortably or anything; they're all still pretty much there. But like I said, I'd say about 5-10% better. I've heared friends tell me to wait pretty much a whole year to see any dramatic difference, lol.

Anyway I just thought I'd share that. We'll see in a few more months I guess if it was all wishful thinking.... (though I'm hoping in a few months, or at the most by this time next year, I'll be back on here raving about how my stretch marks are almost gone...) haha. Shock

Hi CassieZ and welcome, it's great to have you with us too! lots of new people taking part in this thread now.

Thank you for sharing your story so far, it's always interesting to read. I am happy that you feel you are seeing some improvement, that's better than nothing at all!

Does anyone know why when I visit the 'Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare' part of the forum it says RJStephen left the last reply, but when I visit there is no reply? Is it a spam thing or something? lol Confused
Nenka
5% products discount

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
ooo I see I did not wrote this, if you are using vit a in form of beta-karoten then it is ok to take vit a per day and have retin a 3 times per week, it have something with that that beta-karoten is not restoring in lever,like retin a,you should pay attention if you using a different type of vit a (one that came from animal liver,or something like that...) Very Happy
ufff
I'm going to see her next week, I think and I have a lot of questions to ask her, if you had too just say and I will ask.The more the better Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
o and I have one more question...
Does anybody know are the rollers from Dr-roller and from Derma-Rollers the same ones? This last one is so called The Scientia Dermaroller.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
In the past I tried Tca peel on stretch mark but they didn't work...But i read a study when tca peel + dermabrasion was used and had dramatic effect on stretch marks when used with Vitamin cream afterwards....

Now i wonder how it will effect stretch marksif you use tca + derma rolling.....

But it has to be a 12.5% cos creams cant penetrate at high levels... Havent done a peel in ages I think now would be a good time Smile maybe in two weeks time... Plus the skin would be thinner so the creams can work better
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I have am going to buy a 2mm roller cause the skin is thick on buttocks and back, might have better results
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Hrm, once again I'm puzzled to whether I'm seeing inflammation or if it's actual progress now.. Anyway, one of my SM's on my stomach (whiteish, raised) is starting to break up, I think. It seems to have gone from a long mark to a medium long one and then a really small one above it... Could this actually be results or am I just seeing inflammation? I know I'm not suppose to see results *this* fast but then again, I find it odd that none of my other SM's have reacted this way.

Any input at all would be great Confused Smile
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Loosey when did you last roll...inflammation normally last for like up to 3 weeks... Mine goes down after a week. Depends how up heal.

I hope this is good news for you Smile
Nenka
5% products discount

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I do not get it...
Should dermarolling help you with color of stretch marks?
What I mean is if you go to the beach will the SM's tan or they will bi even with your skin but still be white???

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes it helps to introduce pigment back into the scar. Where skin is thin the stretch marks are nearly same color as the skin. I am having problems with the back cause they are thick stretch marks. Another thing to remember is that I am male if you didn't know. And men have thicker skin. This is why i am convinced that a 2mm would do better on my body. 1.5mm is enough for the face
Nenka
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm a female.But I have some pretty big ones on my lover back to. But now they seem to be more flatter and not so deep. What I did on them is some rough peeling,home made.I used honey,lemon juice,vit e,and corn flour (one with bigger bean,that is rough...my English is so bad,I don't know how to describe it to you),and sometimes some oils that I had.I was doing it twice a week,just my back and after I put on them aloe vera gel,and 10-20 min after aloe vera creme with coconut oil,avocado oil,shea butter and vit e.They were so deep that I could put a finger in them.Now they are just long,they are even with normal skin.I don't know if it is because of this,but if you want try it,it can't hurt.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |