Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:15 am      Reply with quote
It has nothing to do with arguing Superdogg, the point is that people should be aware of it.

In both cases high dose was applied on an intact skin.

"FDA is aware of two instances where women, aged 22 and 25 years old, applied topical anesthetics to their legs to lessen the pain of laser hair removal. These women then wrapped their legs in plastic wrap, as they were instructed, to increase the creams’ numbing effect. Both women had seizures, fell into comas, and subsequently died from the toxic effects of the anesthetic drugs. The skin numbing creams used in these two cases were made in pharmacies and contained high amounts of the anesthetic drugs lidocaine and tetracaine. FDA also has received reports of serious and life-threatening side effects such as irregular heart beat, seizures and coma, and slowed or stopped breathing following the use of these numbing products. These effects happened in both children and adults and when the anesthetic drug was used both for approved and unapproved conditions."
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Martel this is what i don't like people trying to scare people. These people overdosed on the EMLA

Death from EMLA overdose

Quote:
The North Carolina Medical Board filed unprofessional conduct charges Thursday against a doctor who headed a laser hair removal clinic where a student died last year. Shiri Berg, a 22-year-old North Carolina State University student, died of a Lidocaine overdose Jan. 5, 2005, after she applied a powerful anesthetic gel to her legs in preparation for a laser treatment at Premier Body Laser and Skin Clinic, in Cary.

Quote:
She must have really applied alot of EMLA cream to her legs! EMLA comes in tiny tubes and small adhesive patches and is meant for application a little at a time so it is extremely unlikely to overdose anyone accidentally.
It is however a good reminder that medication overdose can occur even with topical application of drugs (i.e. medication applied to the skin)
Drugs.com has information on EMLA including recommended doses.

Quote:
he following are the maximum recommended doses, application areas and application times for EMLA based on a child’s age and weight:
Age and Body Weight Requirements/Maximum TotalDose of EMLA/Maximum Application Area/Maximum Application Time
0 up to 3 months or < 5 kg 1 g 10 cm 2 1 hour
3 up to 12 months and > 5 kg 2 g 20 cm 2 4 hours
1 to 6 years and > 10 kg 10 g 100 cm 2 4 hours
7 to 12 years and > 20 kg 20 g 200 cm 2 4 hours
Please note: If a patient greater than 3 months old does not meet the minimum weight requirement, the maximum total dose of EMLA should be restricted to that which corresponds to the patient’s weight .

[url] http://medicine.com.my/wp/?p=772 [/url]

It is a fact people who rarely VERY RARE have died from emla was because of overdose or the had conditons that is clearly warned on the emla instruction pack they should not use it.

You are not the first person to come on here and tell people they will die. Everyone using Emla on here reads the instruction leaflet that comes with the cream. Unless you work for the company please just stop.

IT CLEARLY STATES THAT A 7 YEAR OLD CAN USE 20 GRAMS OF EMLA!!! And people on here are using 5 grams and they are adults....

And the adult Maximum dosage is like 30 grams

Work that one out for yourself everyone and don't listen to Martel
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
These women then wrapped their legs in plastic wrap, as they were instructed, to increase the creams’ numbing effect. Both women had seizures, fell into comas, and subsequently died from the toxic effects of the anesthetic drugs

ALL EMLA IS APPLIED TO SKIN AND PUT UNDER A DRESSING ..... THIS IS ADVICE ON THE LEAFLET THAT COMES WITH THE CREAM

MY PHARMACIST TOLD ME TO USE A SARAN WRAP AND THAT IT IS SAFE. BUY A TUBE OF EMLA AND IT WILL TELL YOU TO COVER THE EMLA WITH A DRESSING FOR 1 HOUR OR 2 HOURS... GET YOUR FACT RIGHT!!!
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
VERY GOOD ARTICLE ON DERMA ROLLING

How does Dermaroller™ Skin needling work?

In 2006 a German plastic surgeon proved in an internationally published blinded study that using a cosmetic Dermaroller induces new collagen formation between 200 and 1000 %.

Dermaroller ™ Skin Needling is a medical procedure using a cosmetic Dermaroller which is performed by medical personnel. The cosmetic Dermaroller, a hand held instrument studded with needles ranging from 0.5 to 1.5 mm in length, is gently rolled multiple times, back-and-forth in a star-like fashion over the whole area to be treated.. The 30 minute procedure produces thousands of tiny wounds which can penetrate as deeply as the dermis and start up the inflammation phase. The minute wounds caused by the needling trigger growth-factors that form new tissue layers and natural collagen with hardly any downtime at all.

These minute injuries cause micro-bleeding, not visible on the skin and each tiny wound goes through the classic phases of wound healing which induce growth factors. These growth factors are responsible for the production of new collagen which is deposited in the dermis.

When should one start Dermaroller™ Skin Needling?

Human skin is a living organ which performs dynamic activities such as growth, repair and maintenance. Our skin requires cytokines and growth factors as key modulators of skin cell metabolism and their levels decreases with the aging process which results in slow cell renewal and defective skin defence systems. If endogenous cytokines and growth factors are stimulated in the aged skin by Dermaroller ™ Skin Needling, they improve skin elasticity and plasticity via accelerated rejuvenating process.

The good news is that the latest treatments such as Dermaroller ™ Skin Needling are more effective than ever and treatments should be started sooner when the skin has a much greater ability to rejuvenate. If wrinkles are left and they become ingrained and scar like they are much more difficult. Loss of collagen in the face causes the dreaded sagging.

What are the typical areas that are treated?

Dermaroller ™ Skin Needling is a novel way to treat: fine lines and wrinkles around eyes, mouth, cheeks, neck and décolleté. Other areas of the body can also be treated such as the abdomen, back of the hands and arms. All forms of acne scars, most surgical scars including facelift scars, abdominal scars, breast plastic operation, post liposuction scars, orthopedic scars, stretch marks and burn contracture scars can safely be treated.. In addition stretch marks on the breasts and body and loose body skin are also safely treated.

The typical areas treated with Dermaroller ™ are for full face for skin rejuvenation. At Skin Renewal the Dermaroller ™ is used on more difficult problems such as acne scarring and deep, ingrained wrinkles around the mouth, pores and surgical scars.

The only type of scars that the Dermaroller ™ Skin Needling would not have a positive result is keloidal scar tissue. Dermaroller ™ Skin Needling cannot be on any active inflammatory condition including active acne.

What To Expect After Dermaroller™ Skin Needling procedure?

These minute injuries cause micro-bleeding, not visible on the skin The needle only penetrates through the epidermis and does not remove it thus the skin natural protective barrier remains intact. The pierced epidermis rapidly heals in a matter of hours. After the procedure, the treated skin has the appearance of moderate sunburn which improves over the next 24 to 48 hours. Make up can be worn the following day.

The results are not instantaneous as it takes at least 100 days for collagen to be manufactured by the body once the treatment has been performed. Treatment effects are cumulative and a softening of fine lines and wrinkles will usually be seen within 6-8 weeks of each treatment. Over a period of 6-12 months, this new collagen slowly shortens and an added benefit is progressive tightening of the skin over the next few months.
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am not saying that using EMLA will cause death IF used according to the instructions.

But you were advising people not to wipe off EMLA cream before they start rolling. EMLA is -NOT- approved by FDA to be rolled into the skin.

Using EMLA is OK .I am just saying that you should not so carelessly advice people here to roll EMla into their skin because you obviously do not understand the difference between the level of absorption by an intact skin and the level of absorption if it is rolled deep into the skin and that's why you constantly present here safe limits data for usage on an intact skin.

There is no data available about the safe limit of EMLA when it is ROLLED into the skin. And that is the point. I am not trying to scare people away from EMLA, I am trying to explain that it is not important how much lidocain is put on your skin but how much of it gets into your blood.

The same problem appeared recently with Minoxidil(used for baldness.) When people started dermarolling Minoxidil into their scalp,some of them ended up with serious cardiac reactions. They haven't used more Minoxidil than usual. It was the dermaroller that greatly enhanced Minoxidil absorption.

Some people here could have wrongly interpreted your postings as " So its completely safe to put EMLA all over my thigh and abdomen and start rolling as long as my EMLA layer is thin"

Its sad that instead of being concerned with people´s safety, you basically say that my intentions are just to argue and you advise people not to listen to me.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
When ever I have made a post in the past. I always told people to read the instructions as some people can not use elma due to pre existing conditions. I even put a warning for people who can have an allergic reaction.

No drug is safe, as long as people read the instructions and use the required dosage of emla on their skin. I have read on other forums a guy going around saying the same stuff, trying to make him self sound like a medical expert. People can find anything on the internet pro's and con's. I am the U.K and it is over the counter. If emla was dangerous it wouldn't be sold. And I believe the U.K are even more strict on drug safety.

This thread is about derma rolling and stretch marks can we get back to it please.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:28 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:

This thread is about derma rolling and stretch marks can we get back to it please.

Yes please...we've all been reading and can make up our own minds.

BTW thanks for mentioning EMLA is OTC in UK - I'm waiting for my delivery for my first DR (damn postal strike) and will try the ice cube method first and see how that goes, hopefully it won't be too painful.

Has anyone had 'fantastic' results on their stomach stretchmarks?
There's that before & after picture of the tummy with the belly button piercing always bandied about but I'm sure it's not the same person.
Has anyone experienced something similiar on themselves?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the info on EMLA!

I agree I think people can make up their own minds from all that info that has been posted, along with the instructions that are supplied with EMLA.

If people don't, and do not take care then they really shouldn't be using a Derma Roller! Neutral

I haven't properly rolled my tummy stretch marks yet... there is a big area to cover Laughing and alot of large stretch marks.

I hope everyone is doing ok! take care x
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Even tho it has been a week since I did roll on my back, it feels i am losing a battle i can't win... My face looks amazing. Just wish these results can be repeated on other parts of my body..
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Even tho it has been a week since I did roll on my back, it feels i am losing a battle i can't win...

I definitely know the feeling, superdogg. I don't think people realise how frustrating this is - we want to get rid of these things so badly and we have to wait months to see if we even see some sort of results. It's driving me insane sometimes Confused
jezebel17
5% products discount

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Can I replace the retin a with a copper peptide cream like trireduction?
cupcakes

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Might I suggest a thread dedicated to healing stretch marks without or in addition to derma rolling? Like maybe share suggestions for scrubs,oils,supplements, LED's etc...

There are so many knowledgeable people here that may be of help to us, as compared to other stretch mark forums.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
To newbies read through the thread, all your answers will be there.

And other than laser, there really isn't another way to improve old stretch marks. Derma rollin + cream works like laser.

bio oil did improve my very thin stretch marks but not fully. And I have tried everything... Derma rolling is a Godsend. Otherwise I would have to spent thousands to try and get rid of them.
Nenka
5% products discount

Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone of you think of using carrot oil? It is rich with vit A,B,C,D,E and F...and it helps with healing scars... I'm thinking of making my own at home it is not complicated...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I did a roll today. Using Emla can be tricky..one thing i have seen is make sure when you take off the saran wrap, make sure the treat area remains as moist as it is under the wrap or it seems to loss the numbness. So if you are going to wipe the Emla away only do it 30 seconds before you roll.
cupcakes

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I looked up the carrot oil recipe, it does seem really easy to make,and has a lot of vitamins good for the skin. I may give it a shot!
Nenka
5% products discount

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cupcakes!!!!
Please if we have the same recipe don't make my mistake...
you should dry carrot before putting it in the oil,it should not be fresh... Because water in it will make a pretty big mess
I put it and my oil smell horrible, it was spoil and I must trow it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
After reading all the posts about Emla and Lidocaine, I'm pretty scared. Has anyone else purchased and used the Lidocaine 15% from the dr-roller site? I bought mine from there, and I have not used it uet or done my first roll yet (trying to get the time and the guts).

Theses are the intructions:

"Before applying our Lidocaine numbing solution, needle the skin with a 0.25 mm needle length Dr Roller derma roller 1-2 times, this will allow the numbing solution to absorb to skin better as it is meant to be used on broken skin...... After slight skin needling, apply a few drops of Lidocaine liquid on the skin. You may use your finger tips or a cotton swap for this. Our numbing solution has instant effect, so you may wipe off the excess liquid as soon as the numb sensation comes."

Has anyone tried this Lidocaine, and do you think this method is safe? I don't really know how this Lidocaine differs from the EMLA in strength. The 15% Lidocaine bottle they sell says that it is a total of 30 grams, and you should only need a few drops per area.
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
EMLA contains 2.5% lidocaine and 2.5% prilocaine

15% lidocain is a prescription strength.
Don't use it on large areas of skin.

Half time of the lidocaine is about 2 hours. It means that in 2 hours half of the lidocaine will be gone from your body.
If you plan to roll with lots of lidocaine, it is safer to wait several hours in between two rolls. When the lidocain from your first roll is gone or greatly reduced then use it again.

If you want to play safe, use an icepack instead. At least on areas that are not so sensitive to roll and are large. It works fine for me.

You might be able to roll your thigh or abdomen or hips without an anesthetic, especially after you will get used to it.

I personally only use lidocain on super sensitive areas like some parts of my face. For the rest I use an icepack or nothing.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Don't listen to martel she is speaking rubbish....

You can use emla safely aslong as you follow instructions....

Why are you people listening to someone who isn't a doctor do you own research and you will see emla is safe..

to over dose on emla you would need around 50 to 60 grams in one dose!!!!

The most emla you will need for one session is like 5 grams and a clingfilm wrap. It is safe to use up to around 20 to 30 grams of emla in one session but trust me 5 grams is enough... I use emla alll the time and it was prescribed by my doctor!!!

People who have died from elma overdosed on it! Using 60 grams or more ...Or very rare had a serious heart conditon or were allergic to it WHICH IS VERY RARE

You can die from a peanut allergy....
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:

Why are you people listening to someone who isn't a doctor do you own research and you will see emla is safe..

You're not a doctor either, are you? So it's equally rubbish for them to listen to you, following that statement.

Anyway, I understand where people are coming from - potentially rolling it INTO your bloodsystem isn't really safe, is it?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm not too worried about EMLA, I just can't be bothered with messing around with clingfilm wraps etc.

I did my first stomach roll with a 1.5mm using nothing but Retin-a cream applied after. I didn't draw blood but the area was very red and sore after - two days later, it still feels like sunburn.

I plan to do this every 2 months and I will see if I get results with my stretchmarks and will let you all know (although it will take quite sometime to start seeing results from what I've read).

Note: if you feel I should do it more often, please let me know.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I would do it every Month to get better results
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry for stirring up this controversy over the numbing agent again. I just can't find any comments about someone using the Lidocaine 15% that is sold at the dr-roller site. Everyone here seems to be using Emla, which contains much less lidocaine than the lidocaine 15%. Has anyone used the lidocaine 15%? The dr-roller site said that it only takes a few drops to numb an area. I will ask them how many drops total are safe, but I always like to others' experience just to be safe. I guess I should have stuck to Emla instead of buying that lidocaine Crying or Very sad

This is Miranda, I think you can do it every 6 weeks but never less than 4 weeks apart (this is what Bethany said in a previous post).
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I tried the liquid Lidocaine from that site - it did nothing for me - but then I was only using a .13 roller to prep my skin beforehand, so that may have had something to do with it.

I am out of EMLA and can't seem to find anyplace online to get it? It can no longer be shipped from the UK?

I think I will try LMX - it is more expensive, but available in the US without a script.

Thoughts? BF
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |