Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody heard of the beauty mouse? It looks like a keyboard mouse that has 3 lots of dermarollers under it. I saw it on a shopping channel here in Australia and thought that it would be handy for the body as it would cover more area quicker. Way to overpriced though.

I posted this on the Dermaroller thread but then thought it might be more suited here as it covers more area. They were trying to sell it as a cellulite treatment with an acompaning cream, it seems the mouse would only be deep enough for product penetration.
inuinnit

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! This is my first post. I bought a dermaroller (dr roller) about a month ago after a lot of research on EDS -the information here is absolutely invaluable and I thought I'd start reporting on my results to hopefully help other people.

BACKGROUND

I bought the roller to deal with my stretch marks. They're about 8 years old (I'm 22 now) and I've had them since my pre-teenage growth spurt. They're horizontal and cover my bottom and the sides of my hips.

They're very shallow, you can barely see any raised texture in most lights. They have faded to white, but since I'm mixed race, my skin tone is a light olive and they stand out more because they're white. They don't tan.

Just over a month ago I bit the bullet and bought the 1.0mm roller. I used an ice pack (I'm quite wary of using numbing creams unless absolutely necessary), rolled aggressively (all the way in and many passes over the same area) and found it fine. My toes curled a bit but the sensation isn't that painful and it's easy to get used to.

Since then I've been rolling once every 10 days (ish), I've just done my fourth set. I know it would probably be better to wait longer in between but i) I'm impatient and ii) it's only my bum and thighs, not my face, so I'm less worried about micro damage I could be doing.

I use unrefined shea butter after rolling -my skin is quite sensitive to products and I know this won't hurt it. I take multivitamins and silica supplements.

RESULTS!

I'm really really happy with the results so far. I know it's early to be seeing results, but I don't think it's that unrealistic, given that my marks were mild to begin with.

The marks are definitely less visible. You can still see them, but they appear more 'blended', and in some places it's less obvious that they're 'lines', if you get what I mean. I feel like some parts are getting pigment back and there are fewer white white marks. I'm really intrigued as to whether they'll tan better, but it will be a while before I have the opportunity to find out.

They're still not cured and that will probably take some time. But I've had these for so long and literally nothing I've ever done to them (stretch mark cream, oils, blah blah blah) has changed anything other than the condition of the skin around them, never their appearance. I was pretty resigned to having them forever. So so far I'm thrilled.

I hope that they continue to get better at the rate they are at the moment, but honestly I'm quite relaxed and just enjoying the progress I'm seeing.

PS

I've also been rolling a scar (from spilling burning water) on my leg. I haven't seen any dramatic results from that yet, nothing that I'm not sure isn't wishful thinking. But I will keep it up.
donrodrigo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I would like to know from you which results you obtained using dermaroller and if results are temporary or permanent
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 am      Reply with quote
inuinnit wrote:

Since then I've been rolling once every 10 days (ish), I've just done my fourth set. I know it would probably be better to wait longer in between but i) I'm impatient and ii) it's only my bum and thighs, not my face, so I'm less worried about micro damage I could be doing.

I use unrefined shea butter after rolling -my skin is quite sensitive to products and I know this won't hurt it. I take multivitamins and silica supplements.

RESULTS!

I'm really really happy with the results so far. I know it's early to be seeing results, but I don't think it's that unrealistic, given that my marks were mild to begin with.

The marks are definitely less visible. You can still see them, but they appear more 'blended', and in some places it's less obvious that they're 'lines', if you get what I mean. I feel like some parts are getting pigment back and there are fewer white white marks. I'm really intrigued as to whether they'll tan better, but it will be a while before I have the opportunity to find out.

Hi Inuinnit - and welcome to EDS and thankyou for your post - it's always helpful for everyone else to hear what other people are doing and their results.

However, I'm about to tell you off!
You shouldn't do aggressive rolls less than 1 month apart. Ok so you have a 1mm roller which won't roll as aggressively as a 1.5mm+ but it does sound like your going for it.

Please read through this article if you haven't already:

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

It explains just about everything about rolling.

You have to be aware that you can damage your skin by rolling so often - and I know it's not your face but still. Also check that Shea butter isn't anti-inflammatory as it may undo the whole rolling process if it is.
Just have patience, any progress you're seeing now may be inflammation due to rolling so often. It's not good for the skin to be in a permanent state of inflammation; the whole point of rolling is to let the skin repair itself and produce more collagen - hence the waiting time between rolls. Lighter rolls for product penetration with .25 or .5mm rollers are fine for weekly use.

Anyway please keep us all in touch with journey
Smile
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
donrodrigo wrote:
Hello everyone. I would like to know from you which results you obtained using dermaroller and if results are temporary or permanent

That's a good question, and I'm wondering this myself. Maybe someone who's rolled a year or two ago could answer this.
donrodrigo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
donrodrigo wrote:

That's a good question, and I'm wondering this myself. Maybe someone who's rolled a year or two ago could answer this.

I hope here we find an answer
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
inuinnit wrote:

RESULTS!

You shouldn't do aggressive rolls less than 1 month apart. Ok so you have a 1mm roller which won't roll as aggressively as a 1.5mm+ but it does sound like your going for it.

Please read through this article if you haven't already:

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

It explains just about everything about rolling.

You have to be aware that you can damage your skin by rolling so often - and I know it's not your face but still. Also check that Shea butter isn't anti-inflammatory as it may undo the whole rolling process if it is.
Just have patience, any progress you're seeing now may be inflammation due to rolling so often. It's not good for the skin to be in a permanent state of inflammation; the whole point of rolling is to let the skin repair itself and produce more collagen - hence the waiting time between rolls. Lighter rolls for product penetration with .25 or .5mm rollers are fine for weekly use.

I agree. Research research research! lol…. I cannot recommend it enough!

Inuinnit, anything above a .5mm roller should be used monthly. You’re obviously not rolling for product penetration, so you don’t need to be rolling so often. You are also doing aggressive rolls, which aren’t required for product penetration. The whole point of rolling (if not for product penetration) is to form collagen, which doesn’t happen in 10 days, not even 1 month (there are many posts/articles on how long it takes for collagen to form). The results from rolling can take a long time. Basically, the process is to prick to the skin for the natural healing process to happen… rolling to often messes all this up and you don’t give your skin enough time to do what it’s mean to do when derma rolling.

I really don’t mean to upset you, but the results you are seeing are more than likely to just be inflammation… from rolling too often. By rolling so often, you are actually hindering the results from your previous roll. You could cause damage, and possibly micro-inflammation, which is not good… you could seriously damage your skin. I know you say it isn’t your face, but you’re obviously rolling your stretch marks because you don’t like the way they look, but by rolling so often and aggressively you could make the area look worse than when you started!

Being impatient and derma rolling doesn’t mix I am afraid to say, you do have to be patient, not only to see results but to also be able to wait in between rolls too.

Also, if you happened to have read somewhere on a site that sells derma rollers, that it’s ok to roll so often – please, ignore that info. It is incorrect and they are purely a business trying to make profit (the more you roll, the quicker you need to replace your roller – see what I am getting at?). All the info you need on how often to roll is in this thread or the large derma rolling thread. You say you did a lot of research on the EDS forum about rolling, but you obviously managed to completely miss the importance of rolling every 4-6 weeks.
Tweety Pie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

I have decided to try dermarolling and have ordered a scientia derma roller which will be here on Friday. (1.5mm)

I have very deep stretch marks all over my abdomen from pregnancy, they are 2 years old.

For the past year I have been exfloating the area daily with plenty of pressure and applying 100% olive oil. I have seen a slight change so I am hoping I will get better results with the dermaroller combined.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I received my 0.5mm roller and two single needles from Sarah Vaughter.

I used the single needle on my deep SM's on my hip. Before with my 1.5mm roller, I hadn't been able to press hard here as it was too sensitive but with the needle, I could press harder and be more accurate with just needling the scar.

I would recommend a single needle to everyone - they're also great for chicken pox scars and small facial scars.

Now I will wait and see if I start to get results with my deep SM's as I have been with the milder ones.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Miranda, good luck with the single needle! I have sarah rollers & needles also but haven't used them yet.
I still have to buy my RA before I begin.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET HIGH QUALITY RETINYL PALMITATE??? Thanks for your help. Smile
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Single needles: Some advice I received from Sarah Vaughter (owndoc.com) on how to use single needles for individual scars.

Before working with the single needle, roll the entire skin area (scars plus surrounding skin) with a 1.5mm roller to stimulate the surrounding tissue. Do this 5 days before using the single needle.

Use the single needle on scar tissue, not the surrounding skin.

Stretchmarks/scars: You need to do many pricks - more than a dermaroller will give. This dense needling is called 'needle abrasion'. Always test raised scars first with a small area as raised scars are unpredictable.

Acne/chicken pox scars: Make 10 to 20 pricks into the scar with the needle. The pricks should be in a slightly different place within the scar. The approximate pricking should be 2mm. Do not needle-abrade acne or chicken pox scars.

Do not single-needle more than once a month, otherwise you will destroy the newly-formed collagen bundles. If you prick the skin densely, do the same scar only every 6 to 8 weeks.

Do not use a tattoo needle - their diameter is .35mm which is too large (single needles are .25mm).

The full dermaroller instructions (needles and rollers) can be found here:

http://www.owndoc.com/support/

Smile
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! This thread has been super quiet!
I was wondering if Vitamin E oil will work in the place of Emu oil. Does anyone really know??
somray

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
so i got mine in like october and at first i was rolling really hard with 2.0mm 2 times a day like an idiot. my skin turned black and it is still there, so i decided to not roll in that area for 7 weeks. and i start rolling in another area, I also put trilastin sr on after and then wrap, but lately i haven't been wrapping it. so i have been rolling 1 times a week and make sure i am patient. i believe the black marks will go away but it may take awhile, so yeah its been about 2 and a half months, my skin is firm. also it is breaking up alittle, and i think i really believe that one part of my skin of stretch marks has clear up so right now i am neutral.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 am      Reply with quote
somray wrote:
so i got mine in like october and at first i was rolling really hard with 2.0mm 2 times a day like an idiot. my skin turned black and it is still there, so i decided to not roll in that area for 7 weeks. and i start rolling in another area, I also put trilastin sr on after and then wrap, but lately i haven't been wrapping it. so i have been rolling 1 times a week and make sure i am patient. i believe the black marks will go away but it may take awhile, so yeah its been about 2 and a half months, my skin is firm. also it is breaking up alittle, and i think i really believe that one part of my skin of stretch marks has clear up so right now i am neutral.

Hi somray and welcome,

I just wanted to say, you really should not be using a 2mm roller once a week, not even a 1mm that often. Only once every 4-6 weeks (I know this is for a 1.5mm roller, not sure about 2mm). Please try and read through this thread, or at least some of it to find out why.

You have already damaged your skin, why would you want to continue doing so - because rolling once a week with a 2mm roller will damage your skin.

Take care
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Somray, Kay is right. Don't use anything above a 1mm roller more than every 4 to 6 weeks. Rolling more frequently will destroy any new collagen forming. The black marks sound a little serious. Maybe you should have a doctor check you out. Miranda mentioned the link, http://www.owndoc.com/support/ This site has very good, basic instructions for dermarolling. Good luck Smile

Bev, I wish I knew the answer to that. I know Emu has to be avoided for a week because it's an anti-inflammatory, but I do not know about Vitamin E. Did you ever find a good RETINYL PALMITATE?
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Breezy,
Thanks, I did however find the retinyl palmitate (not easy to find) I bought it in a product called "vitamin A wrinkle treatment moisturizing gel" by DermaE. I am also going to purchase Super Cop 2x extra strength wich contains the palmitate also.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bev, I have been using Sarah Vaughter's A&D ointment she sends in her package for the first 3 or 4 days, then I switch to Retin A once the skin's healed a bit. I wanted to get some retinyl palmitate to try instead. I will take a look at DermaE - thanks Smile
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Breezy, Your welcome, I just found another one. Looks good, wish I would have found it sooner. Here's the link
http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Vitamin-A-retinol-palmitate-p185.html
quise

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone knew how long climax spray is suppose to sit on your skin before your skin numb and ready to roll?
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I now, liquid lidocaine doesn't penetrate the skin unless the skin is open.

Climax spray is meant to be used on the top of the penis. The skin there is extremely thin and quite different from "normal" skin.

You have to pass your skin several times with a dermaroller to make it open and then apply Climax.

Climax is 10% lidocaine.
quise

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Oh ok, thanks marta1.

I was planning on rolling with my 1.5 roller, which is all I have.

So would it be ok to just lightly roll the skin with the 1.5, apply the climax spray, wait about 10 or 15 minutes, and then do a deep roll?

I'm assuming, based on what you said above, that you don't wash it off.

Do you know how safe 10% lidocaine is when it's absorbed in the skin?
cupcakes

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Quise!

I just wanted to chime in on the Climax spray.
I think it depends on the area of the body you are using it on. I used it on my thighs and had NO numbing at all. I also used it on my chest and abdomen. I sprayed it pretty generously over the areas, and put saran wrap over it. It took 20-30 minutes for it to start numbing, but it really numbed my skin, especially on my tummy, which is weird because the skin is so much thicker there. Hope you found this useful!
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys! Been a while since I posted here and thought I'd give y'all an update.

Well, a week ago I rolled my SM's on my stomach for the.. 4th time, I think. Anyway, I went a bit more aggressive with the roller than before and I had a bit more blood than I usually have, but other than that everything went as expected. Right now they're still being prettyfied (LOL) thanks to the inflammation but I really do feel like they've improved.

They are by no means gone, and I doubt they'll ever be, but I feel as if the color has become a lot closer to my skintone, and they seem to be shrinking in size.

Btw, for those of you who have SM's on your stomach - when you watch them, make sure you havent worn really tight pants before you watch them! You know those red lines around your waist line makes the white SMs stand out more, and it always gets me depressed Laughing

Anyway, I feel that I've come such a long way with my SM's, not only physically but mentally as well.. And, I've also learned to think a bit logically. When I watch them on my stomach I look DOWN on them, which makes them look bigger and the area they're on bigger as well, but if I watch them in a mirror, I realise that they're not convering such a huge area.

I'll continue with rolling until this summer (I will order a 1.5 mm roller when my 1 mm needs replacing!) and I'm making sure that I'll have Vit C + A on everyday (so far I've been slacking hella lot on the Vit C... gotta get better with that).

By the summer I'll hopefully see good enough results from rolling as well as losing weight, but if necessary, I'm going to look into single needling if I feel I want to improve them even more.. Not so much interesting in this post but I just wanted to vent a bit Laughing

Hope you're all seeing results, patience is key!
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Loosey, congratulations on your stretch marks improving. You have given us all hope :)and I love to hear about good results! I have seen a little improvement on my own stretchmarks after 2 rolls, so I hope that I will see even better results with continued rolling. Keep us posted!
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I found something interesting and thought I'd share.

http://www.karinskorner.net/skin-needling.pdf

Basically, it goes through skin needling which we already know how it works. But, on page 28 it says;

"With hypo-pigmented scar tissue I will have my client get 5 to 10 minutes of sun exposure at two weeks post treatment to stimulate melanogenis."

This sounds very interesting to me - does anyone have a clue why sun exposure is needed, why its not recommended by Dr Liebl for example, and if it actually works?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |