Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just searched for 'dermaroller stretch marks' on YouTube. A few videos came up (most were for the face). One video was about a clinic in Glasgow who offer dermaroller treatments. I visited their site, and they charge £199 per session! Shock
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kay, that's alot of money for one session. It's amazing what we're saving by doing this at home:)
jezebel17
5% products discount

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Breezy!! I think I have the rolling process all sorted out now.

I will roll my bum in a few days, and also single needle the marks on my breast that I rolled yesterday. I'm soo excited to actually be doing something about my stretch marks. I took before pics and after pics of my first roll on my breast. I plan to take alot of pictures to record my progress.

Kaye2008 where did you start your blog? I would like to start one too. I don't want to crowd this thread with my pictures.
CassieZ

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
peterpan wrote:
Thanks This is Miranda!

I have growth spurt SMs on my inner thighs and calves too, but they are barely visible so they don't bother me at all .. but then I got silvery-lightning bolt ones on my outer thighs and hips. And I'm A SIZE 2!!! I'm very young and my stretch marks started when I was 14 and have been sloowwllyy creeping up ever since.

My stretch marks where never red. They start out as tiny indentations, which I have become very good at finding, and soon enough the pigment disappears and I'm left with the silvery lines

CassieZ: I was wondering if the ones on your calves were reddish or "lightning bolts" like mine. Your posts sound hopeful!!

Hey here's the thing- when I was 12 I didn't really pay that much attention to them so I"m not 100% sure. I don't think I ever noticed them to be red though. Just white-ish stripes that weren't too noticeable until all of a sudden I noticed they started multiplying and becoming more SHINY... I guess like lightning bolts lol. And yeah I am very excited about my results! I'll let you guys know when I finally wear shorts again and feel comfortable in them. (hopefully this summer) I know it sounds trivial but wearing pants all the time when its super hot all because I'm embarassed of my stretch marks gets pretty depressing sometimes, lol. Oh and I'm also rather skinny (size 3)so people are rather shocked when they see it and can't stop looking. Gah.
jezebel17
5% products discount

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I finally made a blog.

Kaye2008 I looked at your profile and saw your blog there.I felt silly for not looking there first before asking you in my post.

Okay, so my blog is http://mystretchmarktreatment.blogspot.com/

I have put up some very embarrassing pics on there to show my before and after of my first roll. I will continue to update as I continue my rolling journey. Embarassed
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:
Kaye2008 where did you start your blog? I would like to start one too. I don't want to crowd this thread with my pictures.

jezebel17 wrote:
I finally made a blog.

Kaye2008 I looked at your profile and saw your blog there.I felt silly for not looking there first before asking you in my post.

Okay, so my blog is http://mystretchmarktreatment.blogspot.com/

I have put up some very embarrassing pics on there to show my before and after of my first roll. I will continue to update as I continue my rolling journey. Embarassed

Hi jezebel17,

Yes, Blogspot seems to be the easiest for me! I'm not so great with Blogs Laughing.

I too thought that by making a blog it will be easier for people to read/keep up with, rather than posting pics etc here and getting all confused.

I am now Following your blog. Great posts so far.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
jezebel17 - I'm going to follow your blog too. I've got stretchmarks on my butt from a growth spurt; just ordered a kit from owndoc but I haven't received it yet.
jezebel17
5% products discount

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys! 3rd.oculus wait till you see my butt lol. Im going to roll that in a few days. Even though no one knows me the pics on my blog are sooo embarrassing lol.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:
Thanks guys! 3rd.oculus wait till you see my butt lol. Im going to roll that in a few days. Even though no one knows me the pics on my blog are sooo embarrassing lol.

I'm going to be uploading all sorts of pictures (ones of my stretch marks)... I don't mind. No one knows me in real life, and the people who view the blog will obviously have an 'interest' in stretch marks, so I'm not bothered about people seeing them.

I'm more embarrassed about people seeing my wobbly bits Laughing

Are you going to be rolling with a 1.5mm then 5 days later needling the individual stretch marks with the single needle? (sorry if I am asking something you've already mentioned).
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:

I admire your bravery Smile Yay for the anonymity of the Nets!
I can't wait for my roller to arrive so I can start looking less like an okapi

taraf88

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I am new to this site, I just joined a few days ago.
what size dermroller do you buy for the face?
I searched this forum but I could not find what the differences are in the sizes for what body parts.
thanks
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
taraf88 wrote:
Hi I am new to this site, I just joined a few days ago.
what size dermroller do you buy for the face?
I searched this forum but I could not find what the differences are in the sizes for what body parts.
thanks

Hi Tara,
This particular thread is dealing with stretchmarks so you're not going to find your info here.

There are two other dermaroller threads - one is specifically for facial rolling "dermarolling for product penetration only" and mainly deals with the shorter needles such as 0.2mm and 0.5mm which are good for using in conjunction with a suitable cream/gel to penetrate deeper into the skin.
The other thread is unfortunately massive. It's the more general "dermarolling" thread. Here if your willing to trawl through it, you'll find every answer to every question and more. Try to take time to read at least 30 pages or so.
You will find plenty of info on facial rolling on this forum, you just need to know where to look. Or if you just ask advice on the Dermarolling thread, someone will answer.
I hope that helps! It's so confusing when you're starting out on EDS. Confused
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so this question is directed at the UK derma roller users...

What do you cleanse your skin with just before a roll (if you do that) and what are you specifically using to clean/sanitize your rollers/needles with after use?

I've seen it discussed before on other websites, but the products (some kind of alcohol disinfectant) mentioned are normally by people in the US, and I cannot find what they are using here in the UK!

Thanks.
jezebel17
5% products discount

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Kaye2008- Yes I will be single needling the marks on my breast 5 days since I first rolled.I think I'm more nervous about that than the actual rolling lol.

3rd.oculus- Im so happy the net is anonymous or else i would never ever post any pics.However, I dont mind sharing my pics because I know how happy I am when I see other people's stretchmark pics. It makes me feel comforted and normal to know Im not alone in this situation.

I would also like to know what others use to disinfect their rollers. I used plain rubbing alcohol and hot water.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow can't wait to read on you guys results.... I havent rolled since october because my body became immune to the emla cause i used it too much. Will hopefully doing a roll on my face next week... So since then any new pain killing techniques
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:

What do you cleanse your skin with just before a roll (if you do that) and what are you specifically using to clean/sanitize your rollers/needles with after use?

I haven't dermarolled for an age but I spray my brushes etc with original Listerine, rinse and then put it in sterilising fluid for an hour or so. If I remember right, Bethany soaked hers in denture tablets overnight but the dermaroller eventually fell apart. Never had any problems.

As for my face, a microfibre cloth or my Pretika brush, followed by toner to get rid of any residual greasiness. For the body it's a bit trickier, I'm sure showered and body lotion-free for hard to reach places would be just fine.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
There was a BIG discussion on how to sterilise rollers on the Dermarolling for Product Penetration only thread. It was about a month ago and every angle was covered. I was using Milton's sterilising fluid but discovered this wasn't recommended for metal so now use a hospital hand gel specifically for MRSA and other horrors. There's a fine line between proper cleaning and ruining your needles.

I use my usual cleansing products before rolling my face and for rolling my body, I always shower first.

Welcome back Superdogg! Surely rolling alittle lighter without numbing agents is better than not rolling at all? Also bear in mind your menstrual cycle (if you still have it). I rolled last month at about day 7 in my cycle but this month did it on ovulation day and it was agonising. Rolling at end of period was a walk in the park compared!
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:

I haven't dermarolled for an age but I spray my brushes etc with original Listerine, rinse and then put it in sterilising fluid for an hour or so. If I remember right, Bethany soaked hers in denture tablets overnight but the dermaroller eventually fell apart. Never had any problems.

As for my face, a microfibre cloth or my Pretika brush, followed by toner to get rid of any residual greasiness. For the body it's a bit trickier, I'm sure showered and body lotion-free for hard to reach places would be just fine.

This is Miranda wrote:
There was a BIG discussion on how to sterilise rollers on the Dermarolling for Product Penetration only thread. It was about a month ago and every angle was covered. I was using Milton's sterilising fluid but discovered this wasn't recommended for metal so now use a hospital hand gel specifically for MRSA and other horrors. There's a fine line between proper cleaning and ruining your needles.

I use my usual cleansing products before rolling my face and for rolling my body, I always shower first.

Welcome back Superdogg! Surely rolling alittle lighter without numbing agents is better than not rolling at all? Also bear in mind your menstrual cycle (if you still have it). I rolled last month at about day 7 in my cycle but this month did it on ovulation day and it was agonising. Rolling at end of period was a walk in the park compared!

That's what I was worrying about, damaging my roller/s. Of course at some point I will have to replace them anyway.

I had a look on eBay lastnight to see what I could find on there. I was looking at the hand gel sanitisers and wondered if they would be ok, then came here and saw that Miranda had mentioned them.

I also found one that looks to be ok with metal as it says "Sterilising equipment such as acupuncturists’ or tattoo artists’ needles, hairdressers’ combs etc".
jezebel17
5% products discount

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi This is Miranda. I was just wondering how you use your hand gel sanitizer to clean your roller? Do you pour it over the needles for a certain amount of time? Are you speaking of the regular hand gels that you rub into your hands?

Also, do you use this for single needles too?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jezebel,
Yes it is a hand gel but a very good one from the local hospital and kills MRSA, MSSA, salmonella, E.Coli and Strep.
I rinse my roller under hot water, shake it dry then pour some gel into my clean hand then roll the roller into the gel. I leave it for 15 mins then rinse off and leave to air dry. And I do this also for the single needles.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
What should we NOT use on the rollers? For instance, isopropyl alchol is often used for disinfecting, but I read somewhere you shouldn't use it on dermarollers?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Shouldn't use bleach or sterilizing fluid for sure. These damage the needles.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Could you give me some examples of sterilizing fluids? I'm not sure I understand the difference between that and a disinfectant. TIA!
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
The sterlizing fluid I used (before I read the small print Rolling Eyes) is for cleaning baby's bottles. You know that kind of stuff.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
So industrial-type stuff, vs. say Listerine?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |