Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Kris_HK wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:
Kris_HK wrote:
I have a stupid question...
How deep should I go when I single-needle?
I've read that it should be approximately 2mm...
But it seems that some people here are going beyond 2mm...
Just asking :P

I believe the tip (the actual needle, not the 'handle/shaft') of the single needle is only 2mm long, so it wouldn't be possible to go any deeper than 2mm.

May be mine is a different needle...
I have to use a toothpick to stop it from penetrating to the full 6mm.
Anyway, I just finished my first needling session few days ago, and now I have bruises here and there on the needled area...Has anyone experienced this kind of bruising before?

My needle tip is also much longer than 2mm; it's 9mm long before it reaches the thicker shaft. Be aware not all needles are 2mm.

I got 'blood spots' before from doing needling although luckily they were on my hip. I've managed to avoid them on my face.
BTW we're going too deep if we get the internal blood spots.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
It looks like owndoc have been selling two different types of needles then. My single needle has a needle length of about 2mm (I measured)... I am glad I got that type because I wouldn't want to faff around making sure I didn't go too deep.

This is one of my single needles:

This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Oh good idea! Photos!

Mine's from Owndoc as well but bought back in either Nov or Dec. Kay yours was bought more recently right?
It's so much safer at only 2mm.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Oh good idea! Photos!

Mine's from Owndoc as well but bought back in either Nov or Dec. Kay yours was bought more recently right?
It's so much safer at only 2mm.

Yes I bought mine in mid February. Wow I can see what you mean now, that is about 9mm long!

Hopefully the ones owndoc plan to sell individually will be the 2mm ones too.
a_b_vafa
5% products discount

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
My single needles are same as Kay's which i bought only this month,

The other one is more appropriate for injection

Bad Grin

I have couple of stretchs marks on my shoulders , i needled them , but i could not go so deep maybe only half length of the needle , but still i got a lot of pain and internal blood spots which have become dark-blue now , that scared me a bit , so i am just waiting them to disappear
jezebel17
5% products discount

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
THe results from my first single needling have also faded. It was great while it lasted but oh well I knew it was only temporary. The marks have not returned to 100% whitness though, so I guess each session they impove a little bit.

I have been really busy with midterms and papers ,but I will go on spring break soon. I will finally roll my bum and update my blog.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 am      Reply with quote
jezebel17 ,

The following text is from owndoc regarding to the rolling&needling results,

Hope u find it useful,

How long does it take to see results?

As a rule of thumb, you can expect around 10% improvement each time you roll, and that is cumulative, meaning that after about 7 rolling sessions (with 6 weeks in between), the skin looks twice as good as it did before. So after about 10 months, you will have really noticeable results, as if the skin is half as bad as when you started. Of course this is subjective, but on average, this is what people report. This progress will continue as long as you keep rolling every six weeks. Simple arithmetic shows that if every 10 months the skin gets "two times better", that after 20 months the improvement is 4 times and after 30 months 8 times. So after two and a half years, the skin looks EIGHT times better as it did at the beginning. Perseverance pays off, because the improvement follows an exponential curve and not a linear one, over time. Your job is to roll the skin twenty times over the course of two and a half years, and nature will reward you with a skin that looks incomparably much better than when you started. really big improvements only become noticeable after a year or so, but then the results will be more and more dramatic the longer you persist.

Pray be patient , it will pay
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
The trouble is with dermarolling/needling, alot of people think they can see results in the first few days, or first 2 weeks... this is pretty much just inflammation. You are rolling to induce collagen, this cannot happen in a few days. So what you see as 'results' are just temporary, but don't feel bad... the results should come hopefully, just be patient, this isn't a quick fix and really can take a long time.

I found this quote on the owndoc forum (I cannot get access to my other CIT links as they are on my broken laptop!)

Quote:
Collagen production is a very slow and long process. There are several complex, intermediary stages in collagen production. Collagen formation goes though long intermediate phases starting with Collagen III and finally Collagen I. When you roll your skin with any needles that reach the dermis, collagen production can certainly not be completed in three days. It hardly even has started after three days. Its actually not even completed in five weeks but at least the first stages are completed.

Just stick with it... this is something that should be done for months, it's not really realistic to hope to see real results (that are permanent) after your first roll.
peterpan

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the encouragement a_b and kay..
sounds hopeful ..
a_b where does this information come from?
a_b_vafa
5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
peterpan,

I received it from Sarah Vaughter(owndoc) via Email,

Now I better post the complete text here so those who do not have it also can read and benefit ,

Here is the complete text :

Important questions and answers about dermarolling

Will my face be all bloody and puffy?
No. There are pictures on the Internet of people with bloody cheeks and forehead, as they are undergoing dermarolling treatment in a plastic surgeons' office. The reason there is blood involved is because the needle length used is 2.5 to 3 mm instead of the recommended maximum of 1.5 mm.

Plastic surgeons make good money in this market, but they are faced with a growing number of "home-rollers". Their strategy is to claim that for optimal results, you need longer needles than 1.5 mm, and that therefore you should let them do the rolling because such needle length is very risky: It can cut nerves and cause serious infections or even scarring. However there is no hard evidence that a needle length above 1.5 mm has any better effect.

Microneedling targets a layer in the upper dermis called the intermediate reticular dermis. This dermal layer contains the highest number of stem cells which are able to produce new collagen. The epidermis (the outer layer of the skin) varies in depth from .05 mm on the eyelids to 1.5 mm on the soles of the feet. The epidermis of the face (other than the eyelids) varies from 0.3 mm to 1 mm in depth and therefore a 0.75 mm to 1.5 mm needle length is more than adequate to reach the intermediate reticular dermis. Needles from 2 mm and above have a tendency to catch and tear the skin.

Hοrst Liebl, CEO of Dermaroller S.a.r.l. said: "Human dermis has an average thickness of 1.5 mm and new collagen forms only in the upper corium, about 0.5 mm below the epidermis. So why in this world to use 2.5 mm or even longer needles only to puncture the muscles underneath the skin? - it simply makes no sense."

Won't it hurt a lot?
The pain depends on many factors, such as the thickness of the skin and your tolerance for pain. Some people are able to tolerate the pain without sedation, in the spirit of "No pain, no gain". Topical anesthetic creams can help out but are expensive and risky on larger skin areas. A very good, cost-free and risk-free way to numb the skin is to use ice. At the low end of the spectrum you can use a small PET bottle from the freezer, at the high end you can use special gel packs. Cooling the skin numbs it nearly instantaenously and you can reapply as you go along (with an ice pack thoroughtly cleaned with hotwater and soap).

How long does it take to see results?
As a rule of thumb, you can expect around 10% improvement each time you roll, and that is cumulative, meaning that after about 7 rolling sessions (with 6 weeks in between), the skin looks twice as good as it did before. So after about 10 months, you will have really noticeable results, as if the skin is half as bad as when you started. Of course this is subjective, but on average, this is what people report. This progress will continue as long as you keep rolling every six weeks. Simple arithmetic shows that if every 10 months the skin gets "two times better", that after 20 months the improvement is 4 times and after 30 months 8 times. So after two and a half years, the skin looks EIGHT times better as it did at the beginning. Perseverance pays off, because the improvement follows an exponential curve and not a linear one, over time. Your job is to roll the skin twenty times over the course of two and a half years, and nature will reward you with a skin that looks incomparably much better than when you started. really big improvements only become noticeable after a year or so, but then the results will be more and more dramatic the longer you persist.

How long does a dermaroller last?
This depends on how large the treated skin areas are, and how many pricks you roll into those skin areas. It also depends on how thick the skin is, and on the quality of the needle's steel. And finally, it depends on your pain tolerance. The needles will eventually become blunt and you'd have to push harder and endure more pain. Most people use their rollers three to five times before throwing them away. If you only roll your face or a relatively small skin area, you could easily use a high quality roller seven times (ten months). The ointment we supply is sufficient for such a period.

Confusion about what skin care products to use
It really is quite simple. The skin needs certain vitamins to heal optimally, and you should supply those vitamins pre- and post treatment. Those vitamins are vit. A, C and D. Our dermarolling kit contains vit. A in its best form for "open" skin, as well as vit. D2. Pure vit. C crystals are included to make a serum with. We include detailed instructions in an 8-page manual on how to apply pre- and post-care vitamin creams and serums that we supply in our dermaroller package.

Hope you find it useful,

Of course Thanks to Sarah , she is really a helpful and encouraging person , whatever question you have regarding to rolling/needling, she replies quickly
velvetskin

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and want to buy the roller, 1.5 mm for stretchmarks. I want to buy dr roller and noticed there are two web sites one is .com the other .eu (I can not post the site names as I am a new member), they have different prices.
Which one is the original site and what do you think about this roller, quality, how long does it last, results?

Thank you
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I finally did my first deep roll. My sister actually did it for me. We will be rolling eachother. Anyway, I used EMLA & she rolled till it bled & bruised up a bit. It has been 4 full days & the skin is a bit discolored (darker) but lightening up more each day. Being on my 4th full day after this roll, the area is becoming quite itchy. Is this normal from others' experience??
cloudpuff_2007

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
For Acne scars on the face, which would you guys recommend: A dermaroller, or single skin needling?

Also, which creams should i be using? Vit A and C serums? Any recommendations?
a_b_vafa
5% products discount

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Bev,

I also have experienced the same thing(itching) for several days after rolling my arms even-though i did not roll aggressively at all & didn't get any pinpoint bleeding only my stretch marks were raised a bit and the rolled skin became red .

However According to owndoc :

((No pinpoint bleeding is not the sign of improper needling. The needles of 1.5 mm roller penetrate about 1.3 mm to the skin and that is more than enough to reach the dermis. The blood capillaries are irregularly and sparsely distributed in the dermis and they usual start at the depth of about 1 mm but it varies from person to person.

If your skin got red after rolling and even swollen, the rolling was proper and the collagen production was triggered.))
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
velvetskin wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and want to buy the roller, 1.5 mm for stretchmarks. I want to buy dr roller and noticed there are two web sites one is .com the other .eu (I can not post the site names as I am a new member), they have different prices.
Which one is the original site and what do you think about this roller, quality, how long does it last, results?

Thank you

I can confirm that the rollers on the .eu website are the Dr.Rollers, as I have ordered from them twice so far.
breaddemon

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently pregnant with twins, but am due very very soon. Obviously getting stretch marks on my stomach. I would like to start some sort of treatment ASAP after delivery, as they really depress me.

I just had a couple of questions for you guys who have been rolling for awhile:

How long have you been rolling and what kind of results are you seeing?

What kind of treatment do you do between rolls? Do you use Vit C and Vit A everyday?

I was just going to buy the 1.5mm kit from owndoc that comes with the cream and single needles. I planned on applying the cream 2-3 times a week in between the rolls Vit. C at night and Vit A in the morning. Then roll the skin and wait a few days and single needle the larger SMs. Repeat in 4-6 weeks. Does this sound like a decent plan? Any suggestions that have helped anyone else?
a_b_vafa
5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I applied Retin A only for one week after my first rolling ,then i had to quit it bcz my skin became too sensetive and soo red like sun burn and peeling ,

Since retin A is a source of vitamin A does it make any difference if we use Vitamin A ointment instead ?
marycotter5678

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I am new here. I just did my first roll a few minutes ago on the stretch marks on my thighs and hips. I used a 1.5mm roller and rolled with mod-aggressive pressure (it hurt even though i used ice to numb it a bit). I didn't bleed all that much, only slightly but got these little red dots everywhere and the area is also very red and feels tight/burning sensation. Is this how it is supposed to feel or did I maybe go too deep?
I will wait a few minutes and apply retin-a.

Also, is it ok for me to apply shea butter or another body lotion after the retin-a (like 1-3 hours later)???

Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am      Reply with quote
marycotter5678 wrote:
Also, is it ok for me to apply shea butter or another body lotion after the retin-a (like 1-3 hours later)???

Thanks.

I wouldn't recommend applying shea butter, or any other products that can be used as an anti-inflammatory too soon after rolling.

Inflammation is part of the process of rolling and you don't really want to be applying anything anti-inflammatory for at least a good few days after a roll.
marycotter5678

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Kay2008, thanks for answering so fast. I just applied retin-a about 30 min after dermarolling.
I did apply unrefined shea butter to my body (which I usually do because it makes my skin SO soft & moist) but I made sure not to apply any to the dermarolled areas - I am assuming this is OK?

Today, the dermarolled areas are still very red and a bit irritated. I just applied contractubex for scars to them (i think it's pretty much mederma). I plan on using the retin-a .05% only about 3x/week because my skin is very sensitive.

I have so many stretch marks - on my calves, on my lower back (lots there!), breasts and hips/thighs. All of them are white/silvery lines... I don't think they were ever pink/purple but maybe I just didn't notice, not sure. I decided to do the thighs/hips first because I can better reach these areas - the hips hurt so much =/
I am thinking of maybe doing another area today but not sure...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
marycotter5678 wrote:
Kay2008, thanks for answering so fast. I just applied retin-a about 30 min after dermarolling.
I did apply unrefined shea butter to my body (which I usually do because it makes my skin SO soft & moist) but I made sure not to apply any to the dermarolled areas - I am assuming this is OK?

That should be ok, as you are not applying it to the areas that you have rolled.

I bought some Raw Shea Butter a while ago, because I read up on how good it is at moisturising. I tried some and wasn't too sure about the smell Confused

marycotter5678 wrote:
Today, the dermarolled areas are still very red and a bit irritated. I just applied contractubex for scars to them (i think it's pretty much mederma). I plan on using the retin-a .05% only about 3x/week because my skin is very sensitive.

I found the same thing. My skin got quite irritated by the Retin-A so I calmed down on its use. When I get round to rolling again I will probably apply it every other day.

marycotter5678 wrote:
I have so many stretch marks - on my calves, on my lower back (lots there!), breasts and hips/thighs. All of them are white/silvery lines... I don't think they were ever pink/purple but maybe I just didn't notice, not sure. I decided to do the thighs/hips first because I can better reach these areas - the hips hurt so much =/
I am thinking of maybe doing another area today but not sure...

It can seem quite a task when you have so many huh? I know how you feel! But to be honest, I only really want to ‘target’ a few areas. Some SM’s I’ve had SO long I really can’t be bothered to worry about them anymore.
I did one big stretch mark on my hip and it hurt a lot… ouch!

-----

I visited the Owndoc forum over the weekend and read that they might start stocking the Dr.Rollers… that’s if I read it right.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Loosey, its been over 2 months since we've heard your great news... How are things going with you?? Can we have an update on your progress??
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:
Loosey, its been over 2 months since we've heard your great news... How are things going with you?? Can we have an update on your progress??

I rolled for my .. fifth? fourth? time three weeks ago, so I'm still waiting for the inflammation to reside.

Anyway, they're a lot better. I can even look at them in other lightnings that my bathroom one without feeling scared as hell Laughing They're still very much here, and still rather visible but they've become so much better now than before!

However, I must say that I think Derma roller works the best for red SM's. On my right side of my belly button they were smaller and really red when I began rolling - I can't even see them now. Obviously they're still there but invisible, basically. I'd love for my other SM's to look like that too, since you can never fully get rid of them.

I will look into single needles a bit later though, I feel like my deeper SM's will benefit greatly from that. I will not give up Very Happy
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Looesy that's great!I want to get rid of my red stretch marks firstly because they stand out in my white skin and afterwards deal with the white ones.

Do you think I should wait until September to start dermarolling?I am afraid that the healing process lasts a lot and it will be a problem when wearing a bikini.
Kris_HK
5% products discount

Fri May 07, 2010 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any results with white stretch marks?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |