Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jezebel17
5% products discount

Sat May 08, 2010 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Im working on my white stretch marks right now. I just did my second roll today. I still haven't seen a huge improvement except for the temporary results from the inflammation after rolling. I do think that my stretch marks are not as indented or silvery anymore since my first roll and single needle session, but I dont know. It might be my hopeful thinking that's making me see things lol. I'll keep everyone updated on my blog. I would also love to hear from anyone else who is getting results on white stretchmarks.

Also does anyone here roll their bum? How do you do it? Its so uncomfortable to reach and see what I am doing when I rolled my bum?

5% products discount

Sat May 08, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm experiencing the exact same thing jezebell!
When I look into the mirror, I always think the stretch marks look better somehow and I get so obsessed with the seemingly good results.
I'll keep my fingers crossed!

As for bum rolling technique, I think you either have to be very flexible or have a friend who suffers from stretch marks to help you (Sometimes you just don't roll hard by yourself...)

I wish you all the best and keep us posted with the results on your blog Smile
Forever_hopeful:o

Sun May 09, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have been following this thread intently for about a month and have finally plucked up the courage to follow the dermaroller technique after thinking that nothing would work on stretch marks!!

I have just brought the owndoc single needle and 1.5mm dermaroller after following the thread and just have one quick question... When it comes to disinfecting the rollers what do you all use? I have read that some disinfectants damage the rollers??

Really love the thread and will keep you posted as to how things go and anything I have discovered along the way..!

Forever_hopeful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Its been a long time since I posted anything.I have been going through a lot.I finally got out of the abusive relationship I had been in for almost 4 years.I think that he is the main reason I am obsessed with getting rid of my stretch marks because he made fun of them every chance he got calling them "barf marks & a road map"

I Have been rolling for a few months and using Retin A and my home made vitamin C serum made by the recipes on this forum.I just did a roll a few days ago. I always cant wait to roll until I'm actually rolling (Ouch!) I do itch a lot after and I'm peeling from the retin A. and I don't know if it's the retin A or vitamin C serum but one of them turns my white bra and pillow a pinkish color.

I haven't had any noticeable improvement but I've only been using the retin A & vitamin c serum for one roll.Before I was trying other creams such as Trilastin celtrixa and shea butter mixed with olive oil and I had no improvement from them at all.except the olive oil and shea butter but all I got was soft skin and my face looked smooth and bright.

I hate that companies get off lying to us saying the creams work just to get a buck.This is something that means a lot to us and they make it into a money making joke.

I am still hopeful even through my most hated season summer. It's torture seeing everyone walk around in half shirts and buying bikinis.

I am glad to hear some of you are having improvement and I'm going to try the single needling when im ready for my next roll.

Btw is Erin still here? I know she was having good results from rolling.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ace, I am so happy to hear that you have ditched this A-hole!! The pain of having the marks is intense enough-& to have your S.O. put you down for it has to be a total heart break! It makes him an absolute waste of oxygen for you!! Our partners are supposed to be supportive & loving & uplifting, not mean & degrading.
Good luck on your journey to heal & change your life for the better, you deserve it.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all, I have started single needling & boy what a bruise I got on my left breast. Is bruising normal? I used own-docs new needles with the 2mm "stop" built in. Used EMLA & it did not hurt a bit. Have done 2 series of rolles on marks at the back of the thigh. I have not evaluated any results yet. Way too soon. Hey where are all the veterans? Miranda ? Kay? P-Girl are you there? I've been following a few times a week. Not much seems to be happening.
NickHS

Mon May 24, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I ordered my 1.5mm Derma-Roller on Saturday, mostly due to the amazing stories and positive reviews on this thread.

I'm a 16 y/o male. I've had stretch marks (1 or 2) for since Summer '08 but last year I did 6 months of intensive weight training/cardio training (and dieting) for a 2 month solo charity walk across England (1235 miles).
I lost two stone in the process, I've always had an atheltic build but when I came back from the walk I was largely on the skinny side, so I re-muscled up fairly fast.
I now have fairly severe stretch marks on my upper hips and inner thighs.

I've tried various creams to little success, but Derma Rolling sounds really promising.

Could anyone help me at all with a few questions?

Does anyone use it once a week? rather than once a month-6 weeks? A side-effect of being a teen is extreme impatience.

How important is it to supplement Derma-Rolling with Single Needling?

Could anyone post links to where they obtain all the creams they use with it? As a student, about to go to Uni, the price of these various creams, as they have to cover a substantial area, is daunting.

I'm intending to:

1, Disinfect the Derma-Roller with Barbicide
2, Wipe skin area with alcohol
3, Roll (star pattern?) moderate to aggressively.

I don't really know what to apply after that. Retin-A seems vital... as does Vitamin C. I'm only using Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil (Rosehip, Sesame and Canola oils, cocoa butter and Vitamin E , Skin Therapy Oil) at the moment, but there was a study released which stated that cocoa butter was not seen to have any positive effects against a placebo group. Saying that I've read so much around stretch marks I don't know what's right anymore.
Retin-A, Vitamin C, Copper Peptides, Shea butter ... help?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the essay Smile
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:
Hello all, I have started single needling & boy what a bruise I got on my left breast. Is bruising normal? I used own-docs new needles with the 2mm "stop" built in. Used EMLA & it did not hurt a bit. Have done 2 series of rolles on marks at the back of the thigh. I have not evaluated any results yet. Way too soon. Hey where are all the veterans? Miranda ? Kay? P-Girl are you there? I've been following a few times a week. Not much seems to be happening.

Hi Bev! I'm here!!
I've slowed my deep rolling down to once every 6-8 weeks hence not much to report. Also with the better weather I'm not sitting in front of the computer so often (my EDS habit was at it's height during the cold snap). I've figured I can't just rely on rolling to solve everything and that I should actually use the gym that I'm a member of !!!
I'm just looking at my stomach SM's now in bright sunshine, and it looks as though the deeper ones are more obvious than before. However I'm wondering if this is because the shallower ones have faded. Round my button there's hardly anything left - this originally had lighter SMs. On my hip are some deep 1 - 1 1/2 inch long tears and these are more noticeable but the skin around them looks smoother. Hmm... I suppose this is a good thing hmm
Actually studying the deep ones, they're less open gashes, instead they have kind of crepey lines working across them which makes them flatter than before. That's odd; it's funny what you discover when you really study them. I would guess that the skin is rejuvenating there. I only roll then needle the long gashes, there are a few deep but small ones which I just roll and they still have the obvious dip (I can feel the difference with my fingers).
Now standing up (that usually makes difference!) looking at them with a hand held mirror, the centre shallow ones are much improved and hardly noticeable. The stronger hips ones still look hideous.
Shame I was hoping this summer would be the one where I felt relaxed about wearing a bikini.

BTW I always get the purple internal blood spots (is this what you mean by bruising?) with the needle when I go too deep.
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have needled my old shiny silver stretchmarks about 6 times.
They are still all there but they are much less shiny and white. They became smooth, opaque light beige.
I am sad to have them but I am not completely freaking out when I see them because they are much less visible. I got some bruises when I did my boobs but no bruises on my hips, buttocks or thighs.
Kris_HK
5% products discount

Wed May 26, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:

Bruising is totally normal, nothing to worry about Smile Just give it some time to heal and the bruises will fade
jezebel17
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried tanning their stretch marks after rolling a few times? Its suggested in the instructions from owndoc. But wouldn't tanning break down the newly formed collagen?

5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
A few years ago I went from a size 14 to a size 6 and the stretch marks on my arms were waay less noticeable and I was able to wear short sleeves. When I gained wieght the stretch marks were more prominent. I had been told that losing we ight wouldn't change them but it did.when i got smaller its like my skin became more firm and had more elasticity

but the other stretch marks on my shoulders were still there

has anyone had any success with laser treatments?
Kris_HK
5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:
Has anyone tried tanning their stretch marks after rolling a few times? Its suggested in the instructions from owndoc. But wouldn't tanning break down the newly formed collagen?

The idea is to produce more melanin in the SMs so they would blend in even more...
I will give it a try after I'm done with my school work.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Bev, I am still here! Very Happy Cool

------

With regards to tanning, it's upto to each individual, but we all know how damaging the sun can be to our skin.

A quick quote
Quote:
in high quantities both of these types of radiation destroy vitamin A in the skin however, which can be harmful. UVA, UVB and UVC are all known to damage collagen fibres thereby accelerating the ageing of our skin

I guess it would be nice to get our stretch marks to tan too, but not sure why it's suggested (will have to take another read)... when the sun can damage collagen and skin elasticity Confused the two main things that we're trying to build! rather than destroy/break down even more.

I'm really funny with the sun/sun beds now, not only because of my stretch marks but also for other obvious reasons (skin cancer, aging etc).

Although I totally admit, it would be good if we could get melanin to produce in our stretch marks so then they would tan like 'normal' skin, I'm not sure if I'd go ahead with baking myself in the sun. I remember a while ago reading some bad stuff with regards to stretch marks and tanning (sun beds or real sun). The fact that stretch marks are very like a scar, they are pretty much damaged tissue/skin... therefore personally I wouldn't want to damage those areas of my skin even more by 'cooking' them in the sun. That's just my personal opinion though, of course each to their own Smile
jezebel17
5% products discount

Sun May 30, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kay I agree about the tanning, that's why I was so confused about why it is suggested in the owndoc instructions. I wouldn't want to break down the newly formed collagen that I worked so hard to build by tanning. Although I must admit it would be great to tan at the beach at least once if it were guaranteed that my stretchmarks would tan with the rest of my skin. However, that's not a risk I want to take right now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else on here have the baby line? The line that goes left to right on your lower stomach (not the cesarean but a stretchy skin line) and the skin slightly sags there.I was hoping that someone on here had good results with that also.

and the good thing I noticed from rolling is that my stretchmarks aren't so deep anymore. but that stupid white silverish color that makes them stand out especially in the light,is still there.

I also thought about tattooing skin color over the marks.Has anyone tried this?
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:

------

With regards to tanning, it's upto to each individual, but we all know how damaging the sun can be to our skin.

A quick quote
Quote:
in high quantities both of these types of radiation destroy vitamin A in the skin however, which can be harmful. UVA, UVB and UVC are all known to damage collagen fibres thereby accelerating the ageing of our skin

I guess it would be nice to get our stretch marks to tan too, but not sure why it's suggested (will have to take another read)... when the sun can damage collagen and skin elasticity Confused the two main things that we're trying to build! rather than destroy/break down even more.

I'm really funny with the sun/sun beds now, not only because of my stretch marks but also for other obvious reasons (skin cancer, aging etc).

Although I totally admit, it would be good if we could get melanin to produce in our stretch marks so then they would tan like 'normal' skin, I'm not sure if I'd go ahead with baking myself in the sun. I remember a while ago reading some bad stuff with regards to stretch marks and tanning (sun beds or real sun). The fact that stretch marks are very like a scar, they are pretty much damaged tissue/skin... therefore personally I wouldn't want to damage those areas of my skin even more by 'cooking' them in the sun. That's just my personal opinion though, of course each to their own Smile

as for needing melanin in our skin I just read a great article about this new skin serum. It's only $54 a bottle.It's for you face but I would love to see what it does for stretch marks with rolling. here's the link if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/06/03/avons-anew-brightening-serum/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stylelist.com%2F2010%2F06%2F03%2Favons-anew-brightening-serum%2F

And thanks Bev for the comment,I'm so much happier without him.The only thing now is to try to get rid of the insecurities left over.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:

------

A quick quote
Quote:

as for needing melanin in our skin I just read a great article about this new skin serum. It's only $54 a bottle.It's for you face but I would love to see what it does for stretch marks with rolling. here's the link if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/06/03/avons-anew-brightening-serum/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stylelist.com%2F2010%2F06%2F03%2Favons-anew-brightening-serum%2F

And thanks Bev for the comment,I'm so much happier without him.The only thing now is to try to get rid of the insecurities left over.

Oh, I haven't heard/seen that before, I'll take a look at the link when I get home later.

I don't mean to bring the tone down, but I set up my 4 year old PC the other day to get a file off it that I needed, of course I couldn't help myself and had to browse the picture folder. I had loads of photos on there of me that were taken about 3-4 years ago (I would have been about 19/20) and I was so much slimmer and had hardly any stretch marks compared to now (although, back then, the few that I did have seemed like loads back then!!! but now, they are like nothing, and I'd give ANYTHING to go back to that Sad). Oh it was awful, I actually started to feel physically sick at how good my breasts looked back then, yeah, they had a few stretch marks on the sides but would always be covered by any top I wore (low cut or not), but now, my boobs have so many more sretch marks along the tops, so no low cut tops (or any that show the very tops of my chest). So yeah, looking at those photos, that weren't taken THAT long ago and seeing how much better I looked has really made me feel down.

I was looking at the stretch marks on my breasts earlier after getting out of the bath, it was while I had no bra on. Eww, is all I can say! they look disgusting to me, and I wanted to cry. I never used to have stretch marks along the tops of my breasts (it's hard to explain, a bit like what Scarlette Johansson has).

I just wanted to ask the people who feel they have seen some results/improvement. What change exactly have you noticed, if any? Colour change? shape (as in width/length) change? or depth change? The reason I ask, most of the ones on the tops of my breasts actually have no colour to them (as in they aren't white or pink/purple like my other stretch marks), they are pretty much the same as my skin colour... but that doesn't make things cool and it certainly doesn't make them invisible, because the depth shows instead! the crepiness really shows (not sure that's the right word). If I haven't got a bra on, or one that literally shoves my breasts up to my neck, the stretch marks look really nasty and you can see the indentations! So even though they are skin coloured, they still stand out because of the depth/indentations. I'm not sure what's worse, the silver lines or the wrinkles/indentations!

Even though my breasts are large (ergh, I hate them) I still cannot accept the stretch marks, the skin is so pulled and dry and elasticity really isn't great anymore Sad, it just makes the stretch mark indentations look alot worse, so depth is my main issue there.

Maybe I'll take a photo later of the area to show what I mean.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say, don't take too much notice of my previous post... I was having a bad day and was feeling very down so made a 'rant' post Embarassed Laughing.

Feeling better now so this wont be a depressing post! Very Happy
Kris_HK
5% products discount

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:
Just wanted to say, don't take too much notice of my previous post... I was having a bad day and was feeling very down so made a 'rant' post Embarassed Laughing.

Feeling better now so this wont be a depressing post! Very Happy

Everyone has had a bad day before, so don't worry about it Smile How is everything going? been rolling/ needling lately?
I will be doing my 3rd needling session tonight and things are looking good! I don't know if it is wishful thinking but the stretch marks on my left chest seem shallower(I have been focusing on one side so I can compare with the other side to see the difference) and they seem not as silvery as they used to be. I can see some normal skin starting to show in my SMs. Hopefully it will get better and better Very Happy We just have to hang on!! How about you?been rolling/needling lately?
tarapaca
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I've been treating my stretchmarks with copper peptides from Skin Biology for the last month or so. I haven't really noticed any difference yet, so am going to try adding dermarolling to the mix. I'm a little apprehensive as on the one hand it seems a bit insane, on the other it has clearly worked for some people so I guess I'll give it a go. I'm going to pretreat with a vitamin C serum for at least a few weeks first though, hopefully giving my skin enough nutrients to get better.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone rolling/needling SM's and using a LED device on them? (Obviously not straight after as that is counterproductive but in the weeks btw rolls).

I've been rolling since Oct 09 and in the harsh Italian sunlight last week (whilst wearing a bikini), they looked worse than ever. I really don't get it as I thought I was seeing improvements. I haven't been using RA for 3 months, I wonder if that is making a detrimental difference. Or my slight suntan is making them show up more?

Has anyone else experienced an improvement then reversal of fortune?
tarapaca
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Is anyone rolling/needling SM's and using a LED device on them? (Obviously not straight after as that is counterproductive but in the weeks btw rolls)

I just got a lightstim last week and am planning to use it on my SMs so would also be really interested in hearing from anyone who has seen improvement from this. It seems like a LED would improve things even if it doesn't completely fade them.
Kris_HK
5% products discount

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hey Miranda,I have been using the yellow LED on my stretch marks before I go to bed every day(it's said to be benefitial to the production of collagen). I'm not sure if it's doing much good at the moment since I have just done my third rolling+needling...As I have mentioned before the SMs seem shallower and I think small patches of normal skin are showing in the SMs(I hope it's not my wishful thinking).
As for the worsened appearance of stretch marks, I suppose it's the lighting that makes them look worse(I think it's similar to the horrid bright lighting in the fitting rooms, which magnifys every flaw you have :P)
I really can't tell if rolling&needling are making any difference right now coz I'm still a novice...I will keep you ladies posted Very Happy
Barry_Halls
5% products discount

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys I just rolled for the first time today. I used a 1.5mm and pressed as hard as I could but got no blood. I just have redness. Is that normal?

Does it mean it wont do anything unless I get it to bleed? I rolled my side hips and glute 5-10 minutes each goin over it multiple times. I dont wanna wait months and then find out I need bigger needles.

Thx for help and btw stretchmarks dont tan.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |