Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stephen1001
5% products discount

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
why does single needling seem to be more effective than rolling?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Barry_Halls wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:
You may say your skin looks ok/better, but it’s only been two months. Who knows, in 6-12 months time you may not be saying the same thing

Maybe in 5 mins we will all be dead

We're still here Wink... well, at least I think I am Laughing

Barry_Halls wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:
PapayaWhip67 wrote:
if your idea of research is to find one doctors opinion and just take it.

But Dr Fernandes isn't just any old doctor, he is one of the inventors of the Dermaroller... So if we should be listening to anyone, it should be him.

Quote:
The History of Derma Rollers

In 1996 Dr Des Fernandes (founder of Environ Skincare, and South African Dermatologist) first introduced a needling device, it was a small needle stamp, to induce collagen and used as a regular treatment in his surgical practice. He delivered his first paper on skin needling of the upper lips to the ISAPA Congress in Taipe in 1996. He then went on to develop Environ’s Roll Cit, which was one of the first rollers available for personal use at home.

Wasnt this the same guy who was selling rollers for like $500 a piece before all the bootleggers went to work, lol?

I don't know anything about that, so can't answer that.
Barry_Halls
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
RisA wrote:
Just curious if you or anyone else has experienced any improvement in texture of their stretch marks in the skin.

For example if your stetch marks were indented did it raise and even out?

The indented area shrinks and the size of the stretchmarks shrinks

SansSouci572 wrote:
PapayaWhip67 wrote:

So I came on here (to do more research) and see if anybody else has been getting positive results rolling more frequently with a 1.5mm roller.

No. There are people here who have been doing this for years.

I wonder why

stephen1001 wrote:
why does single needling seem to be more effective than rolling?

its not you will just get tired and bored

Kay2008 wrote:
We're still here Wink... well, at least I think I am Laughing

good to know, I was getting worried

Well I'm taking about 3-4 wks off from rolling to make sure there wasn't any extra improvement going on that I was missing (wasn't). I will be getting the 2.0mm in the mail in a few days and will post experiences after a few rolls w/ it.
PapayaWhip67
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I found some older pics from about 3 months ago that I took and didnt keep up with, so I started taking pics again. Definite improvement, I will post them once I find the time to upload them.

Right now Im giving my skin a week or 2 break since I did a rougher exfoliation and roll, then afterwards will continue back with light rolls and using an emu oil + copper peptide solution... which works wonders for me. I started using emu oil almost a year ago and have been sticking with it because its worked so well, and since adding a copper peptide solution the improvement has been even better.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Barry_Halls wrote:

good to know, I was getting worried

Wink
jezebel17
5% products discount

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I also feel that needling is more effective than rolling.

After rolling without needling I didn't see much visible improvement, but the last time I needled my breast I saw a great improvement. I'm not sure if it's inflammation, but it's been 4 weeks since I last needled and my marks still look very good. I was really aggressive on my left breast doing every single stretch marks and only did a few on my right breast, and I could definitely see a difference between treated/ untreated marks. I put update pics on my blog.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:32 am      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:

After rolling without needling I didn't see much visible improvement, but the last time I needled my breast I saw a great improvement. I'm not sure if it's inflammation, but it's been 4 weeks since I last needled and my marks still look very good. I was really aggressive on my left breast doing every single stretch marks and only did a few on my right breast, and I could definitely see a difference between treated/ untreated marks. I put update pics on my blog.

Hi jezebe117 and thank you for updating. I was actually thinking of messaging you the other day as I hadn't seen you update your blog for a while. I am glad all is going well with your needling/rolling.

Wow, I can definitely see a difference in your before and latest pics, the colour is so much less white/silver, you must be very pleased! Keep it up girl, and I'm glad you're sticking with it.
jezebel17
5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kay!

Yes they are definitely less white and silvery. I also think they are less indented. Im not sure if results are permanent but I will definitely stick with rolling.

Sorry for taking so long to update, Im usually super busy with work,and school, but I will try my best to keep updating.

So how is everyone else doing with their progress?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have been lurking in this forum for a while and decided to buy a 2.5 derma roller, I have rolled my thighs once and my stomach twice. I didnt get the 1.5 one because everyone seemed to not get effective results unless they rolled really aggressive. I use a new derma roller after every use and my stretch marks are getting skinnier and smoother. For some reason I thought they would sort of fade and not shrink. So I don't think they will go away but I will continue doing what I have been doing. I do not use any numbing cream, the pain is not that bad,just uncomfortable. I don't think I do it too aggressively because it automatically gets pretty deep. I did notice that the second time I rolled my stomach it didn't bleed as much, I just figured the skin got thicker. I will continue doing this for another 4 months and see how it goes. My stretch marks are old, beginning 16 years ago and ending about 8 years ago with my last child.
dannigirl88

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't figure out why people were single needling with 2.5 and not just using the derma roller to roll the stretch marks. Why are people scared of the derma roller but not the single needle? It didn't make sense to me which is why I just went with the derma roller for a more even complete roll/needle effectiveness.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:43 am      Reply with quote
dannigirl88 wrote:
I couldn't figure out why people were single needling with 2.5 and not just using the derma roller to roll the stretch marks. Why are people scared of the derma roller but not the single needle? It didn't make sense to me which is why I just went with the derma roller for a more even complete roll/needle effectiveness.

Because single needling is more precise. When one is single needling, you are targeting each individual stretch mark directly (whilst not needling 'normal' skin that is inbetween the stretch marks). Pricking each mark numerous time with a single needle to 'break down' the scar tissue.

jezebel17 wrote:
Thanks Kay!

Yes they are definitely less white and silvery. I also think they are less indented. Im not sure if results are permanent but I will definitely stick with rolling.

Sorry for taking so long to update, Im usually super busy with work,and school, but I will try my best to keep updating.

Hey jezebe117,

That's great news that you are seeing results with colour and the indentations. Like you say, keep going with it and hopefully it is permanent results!

I understand life can be busy and it's hard to update all the time. I am a follower of your blog so will see updates when they come through.

Keep up the great work!
Michela

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I posted in the thread for dermarolling for product penetration, but it's not quite as active as this one.
Anyways, my question applies here as well. I'm rolling for stretchmarks, but I have Vichy's cellulite/stretchmark cream to use as a topical. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried anything similar? Also wondering if anyone here rolls multiple times a week? NOT deep rolls, but light ones (multiple rolls in a week has been mentioned in the product penetration thread by experienced users, please don't yell at me for asking!!)?

xxMichela

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:
dannigirl88 wrote:

Because single needling is more precise. When one is single needling, you are targeting each individual stretch mark directly (whilst not needling 'normal' skin that is inbetween the stretch marks). Pricking each mark numerous time with a single needle to 'break down' the scar tissue.

jezebel17 wrote:
Thanks Kay!

Hey jezebe117,

That's great news that you are seeing results with colour and the indentations. Like you say, keep going with it and hopefully it is permanent results!

I understand life can be busy and it's hard to update all the time. I am a follower of your blog so will see updates when they come through.

Keep up the great work!

Sorry maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is the collagen produce from needling not permenant?
dannigirl88

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Michela wrote:
Hi everyone! I posted in the thread for dermarolling for product penetration, but it's not quite as active as this one.
Anyways, my question applies here as well. I'm rolling for stretchmarks, but I have Vichy's cellulite/stretchmark cream to use as a topical. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried anything similar? Also wondering if anyone here rolls multiple times a week? NOT deep rolls, but light ones (multiple rolls in a week has been mentioned in the product penetration thread by experienced users, please don't yell at me for asking!!)?

xxMichela

When I roll I use Strivectin to use for penetration. I don't know if there is a difference because I never rolled without it. I have old stretch marks though so I'm not sure it's even helping. I don't do light rolls because I would rather just let my skin heal since I use a deep roller. I only apply strivectin the first week then I back off and wait till the next roll.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
RisA wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:
dannigirl88 wrote:

jezebel17 wrote:
Thanks Kay!

Hey jezebe117,

Keep up the great work!

Sorry maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is the collagen produce from needling not permenant?

Hi RisA,

The thing is, sometimes when people roll/needle, they can see results, but you might not know for sure whether it's just inflammation (inflammation sometimes makes the stretch marks look better) or actual permanent improvement, so when I said 'hopefully it is permanent results!" that is what I was referring to.

Building collagen does take time, so sometimes when we see an improvement, it could just be the inflammation looking like improvement. So if you're rolling every 4-6 weeks you'll be able to see if the 'improvements' disappear (you wont if you roll too often though, because the inflammation wont have time to disappear and this isn't good), and if they do, then it was just simply inflammation not permanent results.
windee_06

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi.. I'm new here. Anybody knows where derma rollers are sold in Singapore..?
RisA

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:
RisA wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:
dannigirl88 wrote:

jezebel17 wrote:
Thanks Kay!

Hey jezebe117,

Keep up the great work!

Hi RisA,

The thing is, sometimes when people roll/needle, they can see results, but you might not know for sure whether it's just inflammation (inflammation sometimes makes the stretch marks look better) or actual permanent improvement, so when I said 'hopefully it is permanent results!" that is what I was referring to.

Building collagen does take time, so sometimes when we see an improvement, it could just be the inflammation looking like improvement. So if you're rolling every 4-6 weeks you'll be able to see if the 'improvements' disappear (you wont if you roll too often though, because the inflammation wont have time to disappear and this isn't good), and if they do, then it was just simply inflammation not permanent results.

Kay, That makes me feel better about rolling. I was worried that the collagen produced was of poor quality and wasn't permanent. Now I understand what you meant by permanent being disguised by inflammation. Thank you
mia174

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have looked through the threads maybe i missed something buts whats the difference between buying 1.5 and a professional 2.5 needle?
Thanks in advance.
shasna

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am new to this forum, however I have been following this dermaroller thread for treating stretchmarks and I have been rolling once about 3 weeks ago. So I am hoping that my collagen product has started where I have rolled Wink. I am looking forward to roll for the second time, I am so eager and can't hardly wait.
Anyway, my stretchmarks looked really good in the beginning because of the inflammation, they looked good for about 10 days. However, I still feel they look better than before, at least some of them and some look kind of worse. Since my skin is naturally tanned the stretchmarks appear more white than before, the bad ones that is.
Because of my experience so far I was looking to try the single needling but I do not have the time nor the patience to try it so I was thinking that perhaps an idea is to use the 3-line dermaroller. As long as only the stretchmarks are penetrated it should not make any difference, right?!
Has anyone tried the 3-line roller instead of the single needle?
How are your stretchmarks appearing after using the roller?
I would love to hear that you have been seeing good results so feel free to share the good news?

Thanks in advance for you your time and advice!!

BR
Barry_Halls
5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
OK guys I am back after 2 rolls with the 2.0mm, and just like with the 1.5 there were significant results after the first roll, dimnished results on the second. I'd say I got a 45% stretchmark improvement after 3 rolls with the 1.5, and about a 15% improvement with the 2.0.

I did start getting more blood spots with the 2.0, whereas with the 1.5mm there was virtually no bleeding. It looks like the 2.5mm will be needed soon to see further improvement. I guess now I know why the professional dermatologists use 2.5 and 3.0 mm needle lengths in their rolls. because that is the length needed to penetrate the entire length of the scar tissue.

I'm even debating going directly for the 3.0mm, as my estimation from experience leads me to predict that the 2.5 will not entirely decimate all visible traces of stretchmarks. My experimentation with getting drunk before rolling led to the conclusion that it didn't help, as the painkilling effects are not significant enough and the rolling is tolerable enough to not matter.

The only negative result I have seen is maybe a little discoloration, with some rolled areas of the skin being slightly darker in shade (hopefully not permanent). But that is nothing compared to the appearance of stretch marks. Today I will decide which new roller to buy and will again post experiences after a few rolls with it.

Good luck and stay strong my compadres.
Barry_Halls
5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
jezebel17 wrote:

because you didn't use a long enough needle length when rolling.

dannigirl88 wrote:
I have been lurking in this forum for a while and decided to buy a 2.5 derma roller, I have rolled my thighs once and my stomach twice. I didnt get the 1.5 one because everyone seemed to not get effective results unless they rolled really aggressive.

I feel the same way as you do now. In retrospect I would recommend to everyone to start off on the higher needle length rollers as you did, as it will be less harsh on the skin because it will require fewer rolls to acquire the desired results. Not to mention money will be saved.
shasna

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Barry_Halls wrote:
OK guys I am back after 2 rolls with the 2.0mm, and just like with the 1.5 there were significant results after the first roll, dimnished results on the second. I'd say I got a 45% stretchmark improvement after 3 rolls with the 1.5, and about a 15% improvement with the 2.0.

Nice to hear about your results!! How old are your stretchmarks? What is the colour of your skin? What is your procedure with regards to how often you roll and what products you use? For how long have you been rolling? What are your areas?
PapayaWhip67
5% products discount

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
well Im waiting on my 2.5mm roller to arrive. My 1.5mm wasnt doing enough for me. It was great for product penetration, and I was seeing results, but I want to get right down to the bottom of the dermis. I should get much better results. I havent rolled in a while now, and will wait til I receive the 2.5. I am quite pleased with the results I have gotten so far, not just from rolling, but everything..comparing how my stretch marks were right after my daughter was born theres been a huge improvement, so heres to hoping the 2.5 can get me further. Hopefully next summer I can pull out a bikini again!
shadow

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies. I am a male who has undergone weight gain with the result of getting stretchmarks on my hips and a few small ones on the love handles. I am planning on buying the dermaroller. I wanted to ask what needle length you are using? I am thinking of buying the 2.0 mm ones for stretchmarks as i am guessing that anything smaller will not be able to penetrate deep enough to actually make a difference.

Also can i ask to the people who say they have seen a difference in the stretchmarks, have they just seen fading of the stretchmarks from red to the silvery-white colour, in other words has the dermaroller simply speeded up the process of fading, or have the stretchmarks bvecome smaller in diameter and width as well? I am going to read this forum for tips on how to get the best results, but any further tips would be much appreciated Smile
PapayaWhip67
5% products discount

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
The colour of my stretch marks faded pretty well overtime, My stretch marks are a little over a year old and since getting them Ive contstantly been trying out all sorts of products. I found bio oil really helped for the colour of my marks, and using emu oil overtop. With exfoliating every few days. They arent even silvery, they're really close to my normal skin color.

The dermaroller has helped with my skin texture. I dont really notice any big changes in the size of my marks. But they arent as deep, my skin is evening out. I have lots of somewhat small stretch marks all over my stomach, and before if put a hand on each side of my stomach and squished in my stomach would look so disguting, wrinkled and dimpled. That has changed a TON. I am so pleased with the difference in the texture of my skin. Ive been using a 1.5mm, but Im waiting for a 2.5mm I ordered to arrive, because although I was getting good results with the 1.5, I dont think it was reaching the very bottom of my dermis and I think I'll really speed up my results withthe 2.5mm. I think I will continue to use the 1.5mm inbetween the 2.5 though, probably just once or twice between my 2.5mm rolls.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |