Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Marta & Jezebel, thank you for your answers. I am having much success with stretch marks turning regular skin color & I am thinking about trying to lightly tan them.
IagainstI

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this is my first post.
I really like the results you are all getting with rolling for stretch marks. I see in last posts that some of you planned tanning to see what happens.
This is my biggest problem. I have stretch marks everywhere but I hate most the ones behind my knees because I cant wear shorts or skirts in summer.
I have used castor oil packs and this really improved the texture of the skin and color of stretch marks.They are almost invisible UNTIL I TAN. When I tan they show up completely.Any hope that dermarolling will help with this? I want my melanin back Smile
Aussie86

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

So after reading and reading about the Derma roller and stalking this thread, I finally got one! It arrived a few days ago, and I am a little worried as the information I got with the roller (1.5) Said I should either Roll with numbing cream once ever 5 days, Or roll Lightly for 5 days...
I have rolled two days in a row lightly, only on one hip and thigh as I want to see the difference first hand, and already I can see that they have started to fade on my hips on the Right side. Today is the third day and I'm holding off after reading some of the posts. even though its light rolling and doesn't bleed, it feels sun burnt for the day that I do it. what are your suggestions? Anyone? am I doing damage to be rolling lightly for 5 days?
timeforchange

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try dermarolling but is it necessary that I use the vitamins A & C and Retin A?
arivl009
5% products discount

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
timeforchange wrote:
I want to try dermarolling but is it necessary that I use the vitamins A & C and Retin A?

Nope, it's up to you to decide how you want your routine to go. Some people pre-treat with vitamins and then apply a Retinol to their skin after rolling, some people don't apply anything. I personally apply pure Vitamin E oil after rolling and needling because I had some success with it in the past.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
IagainstI wrote:
Hi, this is my first post.
I really like the results you are all getting with rolling for stretch marks. I see in last posts that some of you planned tanning to see what happens.
This is my biggest problem. I have stretch marks everywhere but I hate most the ones behind my knees because I cant wear shorts or skirts in summer.
I have used castor oil packs and this really improved the texture of the skin and color of stretch marks.They are almost invisible UNTIL I TAN. When I tan they show up completely.Any hope that dermarolling will help with this? I want my melanin back Smile

I recently tanned, and my stretch marks also showed up more. I don't think melanin can be completely restored though, but through time and rolling I believe you can greatly improve the color of your stretch marks.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
anybody had any success removing stretch marks with this so far?
Nenka
5% products discount

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, that's what interesting me too? Have anybody had any improvement? Because, i rolled only twice and when I look at my sms they sometimes look better to me, but sometimes they don't. So I'm confused... Confused

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello people,
This is my first post. I'm really considering trying the dermaroller for the stretchmarks (white old ones from puberty) on my breast. Fear of pain is the only thing that is stopping me from trying this. Where would you guys suggest to buy a good quality dermaroller?
Thanks
qbnqty7

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Also is there a natural form of vitamin C and that i can apply after rolling. I have read that since the rate absorption of any product is so high after rolling I want it to be as natural as possible.
bujhoy

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I am so new here, and I am from the Philippines. Reading this thread gave me a lot of information regarding the dermarolling. However, we don't have enough resources here in our country to have all those sprays/creams needed. Can you help me guys where to buy all of those, like the dermaroller, retin-A, and the like? Not sure how much to pay for the shipping here in our country. Thanks in advance!
LOU 181812

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i have found an American site which seems to post anywhere including the philipines i cannot post their wesite on here but if you look up sarah vaughter you will find the site and products hope this helps
homeroller
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 am      Reply with quote
bujhoy wrote:
Hello everyone! I am so new here, and I am from the Philippines. Reading this thread gave me a lot of information regarding the dermarolling. However, we don't have enough resources here in our country to have all those sprays/creams needed. Can you help me guys where to buy all of those, like the dermaroller, retin-A, and the like? Not sure how much to pay for the shipping here in our country. Thanks in advance!

Hi. I can't post a link here but in my blog I now recommend one of the best (and cheapest) places to order derma rollers online, including to the Philippines. You also get 10% discount.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi all! does anyone know if one can use Obagi while doing dermarolling?
bujhoy

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 am      Reply with quote
LOU 181812 wrote:
Hi i have found an American site which seems to post anywhere including the philipines i cannot post their wesite on here but if you look up sarah vaughter you will find the site and products hope this helps

hi! thank you for this! I tried to order from her, but unfortunately they are no longer sending shipments here in the Philippines due to posting issue. Do you know any other site that is as cheap but as good as her items? Thanks!
bujhoy

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:56 am      Reply with quote
homeroller wrote:

Hi. I can't post a link here but in my blog I now recommend one of the best (and cheapest) places to order derma rollers online, including to the Philippines. You also get 10% discount.

Wow this is great! Please send me the link. Thanks!

Please PM me. Thanks so much in advance!
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
bujhoy wrote:

Hi,

I currently only know of one place that ships worldwide and have bought from them myself and that is http://www.dr-roller.eu. If you use the code GetMyMinus10 at checkout you'll also get a (EDS Member) 10% discount too.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
So has anyone solved the pain problem with derma rolling....For me i think a 2.5mmm is better cos not all of it goes into the skin....would like to roll often but found my skin becomes immune to emla it if used often and need like 3 months to become immune. Kay2008 long time...hows ur rolling coming along?
bujhoy

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:04 am      Reply with quote
thanks Kay2008! But I'm afraid, their items are far more expensive than the ones with sarah. Sad

btw, do you have any idea where to buy those infadolan and a-retin? thanks!
tiempo

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 am      Reply with quote
After reading through a lot of this thread, I am wondering why some people are using retin A, rather than Retinyl Acetate post roll?

"Retinyl Acetate and other retinoids are used as antiaging chemicals. Vitamin A is absorbed through the skin and increases the rate of skin turnover, and gives an increase in collagen resulting in a more youthful appearance.

Please note that this is NOT retinoic acid, the ingredient in Retin-A, a prescription medicine. Retinoic acid, termed Tretinoin in clinical usage, is used in the treatment of acne and keratosis pilaris in a topical cream. An isomer of tretinoin, isotretinoin is also used orally (under the trade names Accutane and Roaccutane), generally for severe or recalcitrant acne.

Retinoids (retinoic acid, retinol, retinyl esters) inhibit synthesis of matrix proteases, increase collagen synthesis, stimulate division of keratinocytes and fibroblasts, and stimulate synthesis of extracellular matrix by fibroblasts."

Im assuming that I should be using retinyl acetate, as the effects it offers are the ones that I am after?
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Tiempo,
I feel the same way about the retinyl acetate. have you found a supplier as of yet? it seems to be veryhard to find.
tiempo

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bev, Skinactives dot com has it. (Also where I got the quoted info from)

I was reading over at the owndoc site about their infadolan cream and it contains the acetate form of vit a, rather than the acidic form. If both essentially perform the same function (?), I, personally, would rather use something that is less abrasive post roll. The thread is pretty interesting:

Thread: Questions about your vit. A & D ointment Infadolan

Sorry, I can't post links
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tiempo, thank you for your recommendation. If i find any other resources, I will post them.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 1.5 derma roller which i'm supposed to be using for cellulite on my thighs and butt. OMG it hurts when I roll. The back of the thighs seem to be very sensitive so I'm a chicken when it comes to applying enough pressure with the needles. I suppose I can buy a cream to numb the skin before rolling but I'd rather not have those chemicals in numbing creams to enter my skin when i'm rolling. I live in Vancouver Canada, are there any dermatologist clinics/spas that do dermarolling treatments?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new to this forum and dermarolling and wanted to ask a question.

I realize many of you have had great success with treating your stretch marks with dermarolling.. my question is,does it only work for indented SM?
Mine are white and raised..

Thanks in advance for any replies!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |