Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lemon Juice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jucy

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Is it true that Lemon Juice can be used as a toner? I was talking to a friend and she said that she's been using lemon juice as a toner and she says it also helps to clean out pores. is this true? By the way she's trying to go "raw" as far beauty products,but I'm not sure where she gets her info. Question

5% products discount

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
lemon juice directly on face, will PH be too low if someone has sensitive skin? But I think if you dilute it, it should be fine. And also I remember lemon and many other citrus extract or essential oil may cause the skin to become sun sensitive. Be careful with that.
Jucy

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Really? I've never heard of it making your skin sensitive to the sun before. Sad that's a big let down. But adding water to the lemon juice sounds like a good idea because it does seem a little strong to use by itself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious to use lemon juice straight on the face. Wouldn't it cause pain to open wound like acne scars or cuts?

If so will it actually leaves a deeper scar mark on it?
Jucy

Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
OK,so, I tried it, and I would not recommend. It really burns beyond the point of a slight tingle, and it left my skin really really dry. oh, and I only used it twice. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Strange. I used lemon juice mixed with Sugar as an exfoliator and it leaves my face really soft. No tingling feeling or sharp pains. I guess it really depends on your skin type.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Many people are sensitive to citrus. It gives me severe migraines when I ingest it and, if in a skincare product (e.g. citrus oil) I go bright red, itchy and then burn.Confused Definitely test it in the crook of your arm first.

Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've never been sensitive to any other citrus products before, so when I got this reaction I was really shocked.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard of Apple cider vingegar as a toner but not lemon juice. Somehow it doesn't seem like a good choice. Have to research. Internally it has terrific benefit.

Thu May 21, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I actually do this. I dilute the lemon juice slightly and use it not only on my face, but also on my chest and the backs of my hands. I'm 41 and was getting my first age spots and after 8 months they are virtually gone.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Omg you should never put lemon juice straight on your face!! It's way too acidic.

Sat May 23, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Citric acid is what a lot of AHAs are actually derived from, along with grape acids, sugar and sour milk.

I have had great results from it, especially on my hands, I never put sunscreen on them when I was young. My landlord thought I was only 28 when I was looking at my apartment (it's Italy people live at home til 40 here) and he was skeptical about renting to someone so young.

Ive been doing it daily for 8 months and my skin looks great and I have no issues with dryness.
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Jucy wrote:
Is it true that Lemon Juice can be used as a toner? I was talking to a friend and she said that she's been using lemon juice as a toner and she says it also helps to clean out pores. is this true? By the way she's trying to go "raw" as far beauty products,but I'm not sure where she gets her info. Question

Hi Jucy,

I think the results seen using lemon juice probably depend on the individuals skin type. However, consider not using it during the day as in sunlight, lemon juice on the skin can result in uneven skin discoloration.
SandyT
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
We used to use straight lemon juice on our hair to "naturally" lighten/bleach our hair during the summer. It works! But, straight on the skin could cause burning and discoloration. Be really careful if you decide to do this.
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Fruit acids are actually great for many skin types. Many Spa fruit acid peels are based on citrus ingredients!

For some skin types a freshly squeezed citrus juice mixed with a few fresh herbs can be a wonderful natural toner.

Sensitive and dry skin types might want to stick with a less astringent natural toner like lactic acid found in dairy products such as milk and buttermilk.

Fresh citrus juice (lemon, lime, orange) is rich in antioxidants which help to reduce free radical activity. They also have astringent and exfoliating properties.

I make a natural toner with whatever fresh citrus I have on hand then I mix it with green tea and fresh mint. (I have mature, dry, sensitive skin so straight citrus juice is just too strong for my skin.)

It's worth experimenting a bit with different skin care recipes to find a toner that is right for your skin type.

The possible combinations are endless...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
can i add a few drops of lemon juice with manuka honey n yogurt and use as a mask?
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Funny you should mention lemon juice. reminds me back in my youth..lol..when we would have a breakout..we would take just a dab on the breakout and it would dry it up overnight.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ive used a lemon itself and rubbed it on my face - left it on for 10 minutes with zero problems.

Shockingly my skin felt smooth and moisturized after.

(i havent done this lately - but I definitely would again)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi = The best way for you to use lemon juice is to put a whole one in water and use it to drink - the will alkalinize your body and by doing this daily it WILL help your skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I mix lemon juice with some sugar and use it as an exfoliant. It makes my skin super soft and moisturised after that. No burns or itch or pains
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it is a good idea to use lemon juice as toner.
The pH value is low so it may irritate your skin. Also lemon juice should have some ingredients which are photo-sensitivity. That' s why lemon essential oil is not suggested to use on morning in aromatherapy. It may cause pigmentation........
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Lemon juice will help with cellular renewal but be sure to not use it on it's own. I have moved onto a different toner but in the past have made one that was made up of the following:

1/4 lemon juice
1/4 Vinegar
2/4 Rose Water
1/2 Distilled water

The rose water will help with the hydration of your skin, stopping it from drying out excessively.
azwildcats7
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I would be careful with repeated uses of lemon juice. I was told it would thin out your skin.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
lemon juice will make skin sensitive. Be careful!

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Could anyone please let me know if lemon and liquorice extract is any good for dark scars?
Thank you
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |