Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

eye sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
any recommendations on eye sunscreen products?

can I apply regular face sunscreen on my eyes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
yes, you can apply your regular sunscreen around your eyes, I always do. Some sunscreens however may sting the eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I don't think applying a sunscreen on your eyes is a good idea - skin in the eye area is not as elastic as rest of the face, and is very delicate. Sunscreens are usually heavy loaded with minerals, and will be too heavy for eye skin to handle.

I wear wide sunglasses that cover the entire eye area, and/or large sun hats that put my face in shadow.
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I use shiseido sunscreen for eye or eye cream with spf Very Happy

clarins also has sunscreen for eye, i have not tried it yet.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
buy an eye cream with spf
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Just wear sunglasses! Protect your eyesight!
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
the problem of sunglasses is I can't wear it all the time!
so till need a sunscreen

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
chemical sunscreens caused my eyes to burn. I recently switched to experimenting with physical sunscreens. I'm trying "I'm Covered" day cream from NCNProSkinCare, and have no problems when using it on the eye area. However, it does not have an SPF rating.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
You may want to try Murad Vit C eye cream with SPF 15, I have been using it and it works great for me.
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
JennyJam wrote:
Just wear sunglasses! Protect your eyesight!

The problem here is, that the sun sneaks in over the tops and comes in from the sides of glasses, so I don't think it's adequate (although it helps) protection for the delicate skin around the eyes. I have some sun damage on my eyelids and under the eyes that happened before I started using sun protection eye products. I use NCN I'm Covered or NCN's All Natural around the eyes. Never stings. Also use Shiseido's SPF 35 eye cream.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:

Whenever I apply my sunscreen close to my lash lines, my eyes will redden. So I'd say try to not put it on so close to the eyes. You can protect your eyes with good big sunglasses when you go out. Make sure it's got 100% UV protection. There's some eye cream out there with SPF in it. But I don't make a point of buying the eye cream that has SPF. I prefer to pick the eye cream for what it does for my eyelids, and protect them from the sun another way.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
The problem here is, that the sun sneaks in over the tops and comes in from the sides of glasses, so I don't think it's adequate (although it helps)

Of course that would be a problem if glasses are narrow and small.
I mentioned wide large area sunglasses, like from the sixties. They do wonderfully - skin is white and untouched under them.

Of course wearing a large hat that drops shadow on your face is even better
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:

Yes Lily you can! Just be careful not to go too close to the tear ducts or you'll have teary eyes all day. I don't get closer than 1/2" to the eye lids. Paulas Choice is a good one for the eye area, all over the face and body actually.
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
thnaks for all the recommendations

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I think the regular face sunscreen is enough. No need to buy an eye sunscreen.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I used to apply my face sunscreen on eye areas too, that's OK!
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Of course you can.
Dermatologist recommended: Eyes skin do not need to buy a separate sunscreen, face sunscreen applies equally to Eyes skin.

5% products discount

Fri May 08, 2009 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Yes, I've always used facial sun-cream with excellent results.

Avoid your eyes because of stinging,

Best wishes

pinkrose Very Happy
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I used to apply my face sunscreen on eye areas,and with sunglasses all the time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
is it effective or not?
Popcorn
5% products discount

Fri May 15, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Many professionals Sunblock brand have specialized products for eye sunscreen, such as Avène Sunblock SPF 40 Very High Protection Stick. But I still proposes to use physical means which will not stimulate eyes.
mandylimks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
of course yes! u can choose the sunsblock with foundation base. it will makes ur skin tone more even...
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
There are a few sunblocks for eyes. You should get them. I use it everyday and it doesn't harm your eye area as the sunscreen is very mild.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I like the Murad C Eye cream with spf 15.
poppypower
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is just not sensitive. I use my face sunscreen on my eyelids and under eyes right to the lash line. I found bioderma max fluide to be great on my face but, I often had stinging eyes all day. I'm currently using Avene Children's Lait SPF 50+ for my eye, face, neck. But, for me personally, if I had to choose, I'd always choose to protect the skin around my eyes before the rest of my face. I have huge wrap around sunglasses that I always wear for my 150 ft walk from my car to the building in which I work and for my drive to and from work in addition to the sunscreen.
With respect to hats. If I recall correctly, a 6 inch wide brim hat only provides an SPF of 30. And finding a hat with that big a brim is not particularly easy. I had a nice big black visor (I have huge hair) that I used with my sunscreen and sunglasses. It received a lot more funny looks than my reapplication of sunscreen 20 minutes before I'm going to leave work for the day. A 6 inch wide brim is really enormous:)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |