Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
the best sunscreen in the world
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
ultrasun sunscreen
1 Protection against long-time damage (DNA-Protection)
2,High UVA and UVB Protection.
3,Highly photo-stable
4,Protection against skin ageing
5,Low chemical charge for the skin.
6,Protection against sun-allergies

no fats, no emulsifiers, no fragrance (recommended in cases of sun--allergies)

sophisticated airless-dispenser, almost no preservatives. long lasting resistance to water, perspiration and friction.
highly photo-stable
guaranteed UVB-protection (in vitro and in vivo)
Australian Standard for UVA (=over 90% UVA filtered out)
strong scavenging effect against free-radicals.(SOD or VITAMIN E).
Significant improvement of the skin's moisture.
respect of ecologic requirements(e.g. wrapper)
made in Switzerland

is it really the best sunscreen in the world??

has anyone tried it before?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
what are the ingredients?
would you post a link to the description?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Well, have you tried this product?
Have you used other products to compare with this? Please let us know more Smile
Thanks Smile

lilybelle wrote:
ultrasun sunscreen
1 Protection against long-time damage (DNA-Protection)
2,High UVA and UVB Protection.
3,Highly photo-stable
4,Protection against skin ageing
5,Low chemical charge for the skin.
6,Protection against sun-allergies

sophisticated airless-dispenser, almost no preservatives. long lasting resistance to water, perspiration and friction.
highly photo-stable
guaranteed UVB-protection (in vitro and in vivo)
Australian Standard for UVA (=over 90% UVA filtered out)
strong scavenging effect against free-radicals.(SOD or VITAMIN E).
Significant improvement of the skin's moisture.
respect of ecologic requirements(e.g. wrapper)
made in Switzerland

is it really the best sunscreen in the world??

has anyone tried it before?
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
i recommend Janson Beckett’s Sun Block Daytime Moisturizer with SPF40,not oily,absord in one second,no white film left,and with really hight protection

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

That's pretty much impossible dear.

If it's a lotion it's a mix of oils and water.
Oils can be good e.g. plant oils like almond/avocado etc. In order to be a lotion and not two separate parts of oil and water you need an emulsifier. The closest coming to natural emulsifier is combination of beeswax and borax which is not very popular because of difficulty of use.
without fats and emulsifiers you are ruling out lotion already. You can look at something like powder form of sunscreen - e.g. containing some mica, and titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
Other option is to use butters - but that's oils for you.... so those are really unrealistic goals to set.

what you should be looking for is a light emulsion (which obviously will contain oil and water) with vitamins and some mineral sunblock like titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide.
Look at the ingredients - you could do a posting of ingredients and we could go over that.

I sometimes use a vitamin cream and on top apply a powder that's actually mineral makeup but has zinc oxide which increases skin's protection by 20 or 28 times - don't recall exact number...
Flannery
5% products discount

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I love Janson & Beckett´s Daytime Sun Block too, Fang! It has an absolutely elegant feel to it- and no white cast! I do remember it had Shea butter in it. But I was told that it didn´t have the necessary ingredients to offer real protection. ('Confused') Do you know whether it´s a physical or chemical block? I left my bottle at school.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Flannery wrote:
I love Janson & Beckett´s Daytime Sun Block too, Fang! It has an absolutely elegant feel to it- and no white cast! I do remember it had Shea butter in it. But I was told that it didn´t have the necessary ingredients to offer real protection. ('Confused') Do you know whether it´s a physical or chemical block? I left my bottle at school.

Ingredients
Demineralized spring water, octyl methoxycinnamate, petrolatum, oxybenzone, tea-stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, shea butter, soluble collagen, aloe vera gel, allantoin, tea lauryl sulfate, microcrystalline cellulose, dimethylpolysiloxane, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea.

it`s a chemical sunscreen. I try to avoid octinoxate.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I think there are many good sunscreens

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote

SPIRIG
Daylong® Sun & Snow SPF 30
Daylong Sun & Snow SPF 30 is the practical 2-in-1 sunscreen for face and lips.
The lipophilic sunscreen cream contains a broad-spectrum filter against harmful ultraviolet (UVA/UVB) rays (SPF 30). A glycerin and mineral filter (titanium dioxide) combination effectively protects the skin from the cold.
The water-free stick protects lips against the sun, wind and cold.
Daylong Sun & Snow SPF 30 is waterproof and sweat-resistant – the ideal companion for winter sports and winter breaks in the mountains.

Application:
Apply a generous amount of cream to the face at least 20 minutes before exposure to the sun. The stick should be applied to the lips and reapplied at regular intervals.

http://www.daylong.com/

this is the website but i can't find the ingredients

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
http://www.ultrasun.ch/produkte/e_face30.htm

high 30SPF face
Perfect fort he face, décolleté and hands!

Everybody gets older – but nobody wants it to show!
First signs of skin ageing appear in the face, on the décolleté and on the hands.

ultrasun developed high 30SPF face, a special Liposome Formula with Ectoin and SOD to protect against UV induced skin-ageing. high 30SPF face – the Revolution of Anti-Aging formulation – with active cell protection, without emulsifiers, perfume or oil to reduce prickly heat. Protects and moisturises the skin and can be used as daily moisturiser.

• UVB 30 = very high all day protection
• UVA 98% (Australian standard)
• contains Ectoin = active DNA-protection and active cell protection
• contains SOD = Enzyme, which effectively neutralises the free radicals
• contains Boron Nitride (the Science of Softness), reduces fine lines
• reduces the loss of the skin’s moisture content
• is resistant to water, perspiration and friction
• free of perfume, emulsifier and oil
• replaces the day cream or moisturiser

There is no better product at the moment!

Water-resistant, free of oils, emulsifiers and fragrance. 50 ml.

airless
Shop

INCI: AQUA, PHOSPOLIPIDES, ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLENE BIS-BENZO-TRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL, BUTYL METHOXYDI-BENZOYLMETHANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, SODIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BORON NITRIDE, ECTOIN, ALUMINA, SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE, LACTOPEROXIDASE, GLYCERIN, XANTHAN GUM, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, DIMETHICONE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, PPG-1 TRICEDETH-6, TETRASODIUM EDTA, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
i need to repeat one more time:: i did not try any of them.

the reason of this post id i want to know has anyone used them before?
are they really so good?

5% products discount

Sat May 02, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
i had thought to buy them. but for unknown reasons, i couldn't pay it on its official website.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure why they would claim their sunscreen to be the best in the world. That seems exaggerated. Looking at the ingredients, it looks like the main sunblock agent is titanium dioxide. How much of it though? I cannot tell by the ingredients. It also got superoxide desmutase, which is good but not a sunblock agent. It also got a lot of different kinds of parabens. I have not tried this sunscreen and never heard of it before, but I doubt very much it is the best in the world.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:
http://www.ultrasun.ch/produkte/e_face30.htm

high 30SPF face
Perfect fort he face, décolleté and hands!

Everybody gets older – but nobody wants it to show!
First signs of skin ageing appear in the face, on the décolleté and on the hands.

ultrasun developed high 30SPF face, a special Liposome Formula with Ectoin and SOD to protect against UV induced skin-ageing. high 30SPF face – the Revolution of Anti-Aging formulation – with active cell protection, without emulsifiers, perfume or oil to reduce prickly heat. Protects and moisturises the skin and can be used as daily moisturiser.

• UVB 30 = very high all day protection
• UVA 98% (Australian standard)
• contains Ectoin = active DNA-protection and active cell protection
• contains SOD = Enzyme, which effectively neutralises the free radicals
• contains Boron Nitride (the Science of Softness), reduces fine lines
• reduces the loss of the skin’s moisture content
• is resistant to water, perspiration and friction
• free of perfume, emulsifier and oil
• replaces the day cream or moisturiser

There is no better product at the moment!

Water-resistant, free of oils, emulsifiers and fragrance. 50 ml.

airless
Shop

INCI: AQUA, PHOSPOLIPIDES, ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLENE BIS-BENZO-TRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL, BUTYL METHOXYDI-BENZOYLMETHANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, SODIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BORON NITRIDE, ECTOIN, ALUMINA, SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE, LACTOPEROXIDASE, GLYCERIN, XANTHAN GUM, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, DIMETHICONE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, PPG-1 TRICEDETH-6, TETRASODIUM EDTA, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN.

It might BE a good sunscreen! Contains Tinosorb and Ectoin (apparently something new and great):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15452409
but the titanium way up there on the list kills it for me - too drying and whitish for me. Otherwise, looks interesting! thanks for posting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
This does look interesting. I wish they had a choice with higher SPF
benami
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
It looks like a chemical sunscreen. I don`t like it.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, where on the ingredient list did you see Tinosorb and Ectoin?

Is anyone worried that alcohol is the no.2 ingredient on this? Is it not too drying on the skin?
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

Is anyone worried that alcohol is the no.2 ingredient on this? Is it not too drying on the skin?

wow you are so knowledge on ingredients

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I would be worried about the amount of parabens and unneeded chemical concoction of this thing...
It doesn't take that much to make a great sunscreen, of course if you are looking for good.

If you are looking for a chemical concoction - which is what this thing is than sure.

And it's got tons of preservatives, although aside from water it doesn't have any natural stuff to preserve.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just to translate some of the ingredient list, it does have tinosorb m in it, but also avobenzone and octinoxate. It's likely to have very good UVA protection if you don't mind using those chemical sunscreens.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 am      Reply with quote
here another sunscreen that claims to work all day long with just 1 application.

http://www.laboratoires-spirig.com/ficheprod.asp?id=49

Composition :
FILTRES : Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (Tinosorb S), Ethylhexyl Triazone, Methylene bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (Tinosorb M), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane

how true is it?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
The ingredient list for that Spirig sunscreen looks pretty good. Hard to say if a once-daily application would work well enough, though. I suspect it would depend on how long during the day you planned to be outside, what time of year it is, what latitude you are at, and whether you are also using sunblockers like a hat, visor, parasol, or the like. Assuming you don't have a preference for an all-physical sunscreen, this one looks worth a try.
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love biore sunscreen, especially the pink bottle SPF 50,PA+++,fits me so perfect~~~ Smile Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

Natalyn,
Ectoin is in the middle of the list
Tinosorb is "bis-..............triazine"

Some alcohols are actually moisturizers, but I can't vouch for which one this is.

The propylene glycol bothers me though. I know it's to help with absorption, but it worries me from the standpoint of liver toxicity, esp since it's so high on the list.

HTH a little

5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I prefer Avène more.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |