Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Decleor Instante de Beaute, Clarins Beauty Flash Balm etc
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:57 am      Reply with quote
It appears that my Mum is very keen to purchase some of the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. The product does seem to get good reviews but nobody I know has any experience of it.
I was wondering if anybody had tried the Decleor Instante de Beaute. Is it similar to the Clarins balm?

It seems that both products claim to give a radiance to the skin and also some sort of firming action. Do they work?

Also, are there any other similar products on the market?

My Mum has oily skin and I'm concerned that these radiance balms will just make her skin look even more oily. Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hey Toe -

I don’t have any experience with this product, but I looked it up on MUA...typing in “beauty flash” returned two entries so I wasn’t sure which one you’re talking about. Either way, both products got high reviews and I’m including the links if you’d like to read them for yourself....

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=56183/eye_revive_beauty_flash/Clarins/Treatments_(Eye)/

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=16471/Beauty_Flash_Balm/Clarins/Foundations/

HTH,
Carrie
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that, Carrie. I'd already checked out the reviews on MUA. It's a great site for checking out whether a product is worth buying or not. Very Happy
Like you say, it's got great reviews on the MUA board and also on other review sites I've checked out. The only complaint most people seem to have is the price! It does seem a bit pricey for such a small amount. Still, if it's as great as most people seem to think then maybe it's a good investment.
Mabsy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used the Flash Balm for ages but I did prefer it as a mask rather than a daily product that goes under makeup. As the latter it used to often ball-up on me when I applied foundation over it. In the end I didn't feel that it was worth repurchasing, as it certainly didn't do for me what the magazines say that it was supposed to. I have also wondered about the Decleor product (as a hopefully better alternative to Clarins) but have not read any feedback on it as yet.
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried either of those, but I have tried Decleor balms(ylang ylang and essential) I use them at night since they are thick. You only use a tiny, tiny amount. Warm up in hands and apply. The balms should last a long time but YMMV. hths
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I use flash balm and I like it...but as Mabsy found, you need care in applying. I apply over moisturiser and then apply foundation immediatly ... if you don't then it balls. If you use a liquid foundation you can always mix in the palm of your hand and apply. That's a more reliable method I think. In terms of price, you can usually get it at about Ł16 from half price perfumes.com and other places, saveonmakeup sometimes have GWP sizes for a few quid as well. Unless you use as a mask (mmmmmm:D), it lasts a long time.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Clarins Beauty Flash balm under my Chanel Teint Universel foundation and the results were lovely. My mom also liked the product. My boyfriend always commented that my skin looked good when I used it. However, you have to be careful not to use too much of it and it seems to work better with a lighter foundation.

I no longer use the combo because I discovered Jane Iredale minerals and my skin looks great in one fast easy step. Much better deal for me.

Ended up giving one of my Flash balms to my boyfriend and one to my mom. (Boyfriend is a total metrosexual when it comes to skincare...uses it as a daily moisturizer/brightener).

I have not tried the Decleor product.

Probably would be best to pick up a few samples from your local Clarins counter. They are usually generous about sampling.

Bonnie
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I have a large sample of Clarins FB and like it, gives a nice glow under foundation! I am allll about glow at 43! Wink

MUA is great for percentages etc. of who likes the product, but the most in depth reviews are at emakemeup.com Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |