Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Loose Minerals Brush?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Luminée
5% products discount

Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for a very soft good quality brush to apply loose minerals. Please compare the GloMinerals, BE, JI or any other quality brush.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
My Mom's using the Handi Brush from Jane Iredale with her loose mineral powder and pressed mineral blush. It's the best brush I've ever known. You just want to touch your face with it all the time. And for its perfect size, she takes it with her everywhere. It's a very good investment IMHO.
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
i use everyday minerals long handle kabuchi brush and i love it! cheap n super soft on the skin. i strongly recommend the baby kabuki too. great for finishing powder.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like the BE kabuki but it sheds a bit. I got a lumiere one which was much better but you need to keep on top of washing it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I like using a flat-top bronzer brush. Applies mineral foundation well, and because of the flat edges of the brush, one is able to get the makeup in the corners of the nose, under the eyes and into the corners of the eyes, with little effort.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Luminée wrote:
I am looking for a very soft good quality brush to apply loose minerals. Please compare the GloMinerals, BE, JI or any other quality brush.

I like amazing Cosmetics brushes, they are soft and made from wool.
Here is the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/amazing-cosmetics-velvet-p_5060.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:03 am      Reply with quote
I use everyday mineral's flat top brush and I'm in love with it! It's pretty soft and provides full coverage. If you prefer natural look, you may try their long hand kabuki brush.
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
i like everyday mineral brush. they are cheap n good. especially the baby kabuki, long handle kabuki and the anged brush for blush.so dense but soft on the skin. good buy.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Would you believe a $6.99 StudioTools DuoFiber (skunk) brush from Target? YES! It's every bit as soft and durable as my MAC 187 but a bit smaller in diameter. It doesn't bleed or lose its bristles.

I swirl it around in the minerals, tap and then apply with the tips, dotting it all over in a stipple manner. Then I go over it again with the entire brush (applying more pressure to have the black fibers come into contact with the face).

I actually got several of them when they were $1.99 each!!

5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Everyday mineral brush seems worth trying. Thank you.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Would you believe a $6.99 StudioTools DuoFiber (skunk) brush from Target? YES! It's every bit as soft and durable as my MAC 187 but a bit smaller in diameter. It doesn't bleed or lose its bristles.

I swirl it around in the minerals, tap and then apply with the tips, dotting it all over in a stipple manner. Then I go over it again with the entire brush (applying more pressure to have the black fibers come into contact with the face).

I actually got several of them when they were $1.99 each!!

Holy Moly! I'll have to look out for this brush. I apply my mineral sunscreen with MAC 187, I really love that brush. But if there is a cheaper alternative then I'm all for that. Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I like the BE kabuki but it sheds a bit. I got a lumiere one which was much better but you need to keep on top of washing it.

I have two Lumiere kabuki brushes. The synthetic brushes are so much softer, grab minerals better AND wash easier than animal hair. One of Lumiere brushes is about 5 years old but still looks new. I use a kabuki every day for to apply MMU.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I was told by a sales person that synthetic or nylon kabuki brushes are best for cream or liquid foundations and natural bristles are best for powder foundations like minerals. Anyone know if this is true?
Cazziek
5% products discount

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
EcoTools is ALL THE RAVE when it comes to loose powders/mineral makeup brushes! Since Rachel Ray (from the cooking show) stated that these are the only brushes she'll ever use again...they have been flying off the shelves. I managed to get a few and they are AMAZING!! Extremely soft and very durable. I've washed them several times and they still have not shedded.

Sold at Walgreens Pharmacy for around $12.00. I have a feeling, I'd better run out to Walgreens before they sell out again...or b4 they start trying to hike the price Very Happy .
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Prescriptives makes an AMAZING huge fluffy brush that I love. It is more of a finishing brush, but I find myself using it more and more to apply my foundation. It lays down a very light amount so you can layer easily for perfect coverage. Love It! Very Happy

Brushes are my downfall, I have a gazillion and then some. But I keep going back to this one.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Lumiere Cosmetics Kabuki. Its the only brush I have used for years now. Its super soft and dense, perfect for applying MMU.
http://www.lumierecosmetics.com/products/Original_Kabuki-511-25.html

ETA - just realized this a super old thread!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |