Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
GENIE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Genie instant line smoother? I've just been watching it on QVC...but I didnt buy it!!! Well not yet anyway!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
my mum uses this - there are no words to describe just how amazing it is - the wrinkles just disappear - instantly!

its only something i would recommend for a special occasion though, and not for everyday use.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Farouk,
Why not everyday use? What are the ingredients? Very interesting sounding. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
Farouk,
Why not everyday use? What are the ingredients? Very interesting sounding. Smile

hi nanapost

im actually quite suprised you havent heard of this product, i thought every woman on the planet had it - seriously! its like a quick fix treatment that lasts until you wash it off - its a "ridge filler" that is used on the sets of movies, tv presenters etc. i think it contains something called orlistat - but im not sure what that is.

i dont know why i dont recommend this for daily use - probably because its not a skincare product i think but more of a cosmetic one.

hope that helps.

farouk
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
...and do you apply makeup over it? And does it actually look good up close?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
...and do you apply makeup over it? And does it actually look good up close?

you really cant tell at all, and its perfect to apply make over (apparently!!) Razz .

Do a search online to see the before pics and then 2 mins later, this really is a wonder in a bottle - which is probably why it lasts only until you wash it off!

farouk
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:41 am      Reply with quote
is this like one of those prods that dries to give a tight skin so you look weird if you smile?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Found this site that answers some of the FAQs on Genie Line Smoother.

http://www.interwood.com/a/p/genie/InstantSmootherFAQs.shtml

Sounds like a very similar product to the Prescriptives Invisible Line Smoother.

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2807154&boutique=prescriptives&category=2377897~2377898~2381040~2381093~2381109&NextStyleID=2807153&PrevStyleID=2807071

Both temporary measures to hide wrinkles/lines. It doesn't hide your lines though when you smile. However, it shouldn't crack and fall off during the day. If both products appear to be as good as what I've seen on the demos on tv, you can easily fool people as long as you don't smile/frown/laugh etc all day long! Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Sounds similar to the La Prairie Rose Illusion Line Filler. It got written up in one of the Aus mags a few months ago. I'm not sure how effective it is but it sure does look pretty (pink!) Smile I'm sure it also comes with a price tag to match Rolling Eyes
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Think it was about £20 which is about $45...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:24 am      Reply with quote
is it some silcone based wrinkle filler?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Well, I don't know why all the raves. This stuff just didn't do it for me, no matter how thinly I applied it especially around the eye area. Once you smile or make any sort of expression, it cracks! It also feels stiff on the face; very uncomfortable feeling! No thank you. Waste of money!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:41 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the warning. I could never get the hang of the perscriptives line filler, it seemed to bleed with my makeup and then sit in the fine lines making them more noticeable.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Yep, I tried the prescriptives it did nowt for me except emptied my purse a bit more.
I also tried one from a shopping channel that when it dried & please excuse the following description it looked to me a bit like dried snot. It said you could wear make-up on top that just made it look like I had these little dirty dry skin patches on skin under make-up. Before use you had to skake it for about 5 minutes.So I have given up on that idea.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:30 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Yep, I tried the prescriptives it did nowt for me except emptied my purse a bit more.
I also tried one from a shopping channel that when it dried & please excuse the following description it looked to me a bit like dried snot. It said you could wear make-up on top that just made it look like I had these little dirty dry skin patches on skin under make-up. Before use you had to skake it for about 5 minutes.So I have given up on that idea.

hahaha dried snot rofl Well thats certainly made my mind up not to try it! haha

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
They had this on QVC Japan the other day... I only half paid attention and came in just as they finished the "makeover" so never got to see b4/after.

"fillers" have been around for like 30 years though.. I remember Avon had one when I was a kid... some "older", snooty relative came to visit and my mum reckoned she must have been wearing it as she seemed to get older as the day went on. rofl
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Mabsy said (in another thread) she didn't like the genie eye colours, the bottled ones with a brush - has anyone else tried them?

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
thanks for the warning. I could never get the hang of the perscriptives line filler, it seemed to bleed with my makeup and then sit in the fine lines making them more noticeable.

Ditto!!! The Prescriptives Line Filler was money down the drain for me -- difficult to use and not effective -- a useless product in my opinion!
Pudoodles
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard of this genie product but it sounds a whole lot to me like the Freeze 24/7. Not good where in their of FAQ's the actually put in there about the "white" lines on the face! Same thing with the Freeze. I did everything possible to apply the thin enough layer (short of just passing the jar past my face without touching it) and still got the lines, the eggy-white face and once I made a facial expression I looked like a monster from a bad horror movie.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I use Prescriptives Invisible Line Smoother -- it works for me, but admittedly isn't ideal (like being 20 again Laughing ). I don't use it every day -- just now and then. It doesn't dry up and crack, but always stays "moist". However, I have to smooth it over again with my fingers after a couple of hours. I was instructed by the SA to apply it in the direction of the line -- not across it. Since it's silicone, it has a matte look. I use it on my 11s, in the crows feet area, and it definitely diffuses the appearance of the lines. But they're very fine lines -- not deep -- so maybe that's why it works for me. Also, I apply it AFTER I've applied everything else, as a final step.

Using Smashbox Photo Finish makeup primer has a somewhat similar effect on my skin -- it's silicone too -- but obviously different in that makeup goes on well on top of it, unlike the Prescriptives (which is much thicker).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
After watching the demo's on QVC I purchased Genie about a month ago off Ebay for 15.00. While I would not use it everyday, I do like it. I apply it after doing all my skin care routine and makeup. I have some lines above one of my brows. Genie smooths them right out and the results last a good eight hours. The secret is to use just a wee bit. Genie also depuffs under my eyes. After applying under the eye area I dab a little moisturizer over it (per directions). Yes, I would repurchase. While the area applied to does feel firm, I get no powdery film or cracking sensation.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
If memory serves me right, these products shouldnt be used everyday because they actually dry ur skin out. Alot of companies have come out with different version using marine extracts and they say "this wont damage ur skin like the others". So not sure if thats just selling tactics or if the drying is real. Hope that helps.

Melissa
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this topic. Here in Australia this is selling out fast on the shopping channel along with the foundation and powder. Before and afters look impressive.
Any experinces

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I have Eyesential, which gets rave reviews on shopping channels over here. I think it's more of a tightener than a filler. It's for undereye bags/wrinkles.
It does work but I like to put concealer on my eyes. Lots of women say they can put makeup on but I found it impossible!
Don't get it in your eye, it stings something terrible!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |