Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help please. I feel lost. Anyone heard of Acthyderm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this forum. Can anyone help me? I'm 35 and just realized that I'm starting to get wrinkles!!! I live in Canada and have gone to some skin care places and don't know if people are trying to scam me or what b/c everyone carries a different product and thinks it's the best.

Has anyone heard of Acthyderm pulse treatments? It is supposed to be good for reducing fine lines and wrinkles as it helps products penetrate the skin up to 90% when normally it would be only 10%absorbtion.

I have a 2 year old daughter who I am still nursing so Botox is out of the question until she is weaned.

I just started using Cellex-c and the B complex stuff that goes with it. I talked to someone on the phone today who has a product that is 25% vit c and also has a hydrolene (I don't think I have this word right- the stuff that is in the cellex-c vit b stuff) that is 100%. Is that better than the cellex-c stuff?

Also what is the best Botox alternative product that helps relax the muscles? What should I look for in that product?

Also has anyone tried microdermabrasion and/or photo rejuevenation and what did you think?

(Sorry for so many questions....)
Lily Sad
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
I just found this forum. Can anyone help me? I'm 35 and just realized that I'm starting to get wrinkles!!!
I have a 2 year old daughter who I am still nursing so Botox is out of the question until she is weaned.

Also what is the best Botox alternative product that helps relax the muscles? What should I look for in that product?

Also has anyone tried microdermabrasion and/or photo rejuevenation and what did you think?

(Sorry for so many questions....)
Lily Sad

Hi Lily....

Welcome to the forum and no need to apologize for asking lots of questions. Someone is bound to have answers for you.

I haven't used Cellex-C, but I know there are several here who have, so I'll stick to answering the questions I do know about.

As for a Botox alternative, there are several products that have acetyl-hexapeptide-3 (Argireline). Clinical trials on Argireline have shown that it mimics the effects of Botox by "relaxing" the muscles, rather than paralyzing them and can reduce fine lines and wrinkles up to 27% in 30 days.

There are a number of products available with Argireline and several people here on the forum use various ones such as Relaxaline, Esthers Secret, and Alpha-Derma. If you do a search on any of those you'll find quite a few comments from people who have good results with all these, and others too.

An Argireline product does need to be at at least a 10% concentration, to produce the results shown by the clinical trials, but tests have not necessarily shown that higher percentages produce better results.

JUDY

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I can't be certain but I think that 25% of vit C might actually be higher that was shown to be the maximum that can be effective. Also, if you have just started to use vit C then it's better to start off with a lower concentration and work your way up. Regardless of which vit C product you are using though, always remember to use sunblock!

The Botox alternative you are talking about is argireline. There are quite a few different products on the market and it appears more are starting to emerge as the industry (and people!) catch onto the effects of this ingredient. Do a search on argireline on this forum and you should find plenty of info Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |