Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Aeropilates - anyone have a review/comment/opinion?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Hello!
I am considering the purchase of an Aeorpilates machine and wanted to inquire whether anyone has utilzed one long enough to have some comments/review.

In Canada I see it is available for approx $300 which I thought was quite reasonable. I have previoulsy done mat pilates, and am interested in seeing what the machine can do for me, especially with the capabilites the cardio board can bring.

Any thoughts/comments/reviews would be appreciated!
Thank you.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I bought my AeroPilates machine from QVC, and I'm very happy with my investment! I have not lost weight using it (only because I only recently discovered what I was doing wrong), but I have a much stronger core, biceps are becoming defined, and improved posture. I still run on a treadmill and do cardio/interval training workouts with DVDs, but I still enjoy my AeroPilates machine at least weekly. On days when I am tired and don't want to work out, the AeroPilates machine changes my mind. It also gives a fabulous stretch to hamstring, back, and calve muscles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
It is worlds above mat work!!!!I have had a pilates performer for over ten years and have upgraded to the new aeropilates. I think it is the best exercise machine on the market.....I have tried many but since settling on the aeroplilates my search is over. My body is more toned now than ever and I used to never go a day without exercising an hour Embarassed I was obsessed for sure Laughing Now a 20 minutes workout several times a week and I am looking good!!!Aeropilates is worth every penny and then some!!!!!If you use the rebounder on it is wonderful for reducing cellulite....and it also helped spider veins on the inner side of my knees. That was a benefit that I didn't expect but gladly accepted!!!! Very Happy
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the insight(s)! Baby is due next month and I am thinking about purchasing in July...to hopefully get my pre-baby self back on track!

Will purchase from TSC - keeping my eye on their program guide to see when it is next aired.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I purchased the Aeropilates last year and I really like it! I also love the Malibu Pilates chair as well, esp. with the extra arm handles that make the work-out quite challenging. I like to alternate the two machines, hths. Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I purchased the Aeropilates last year and I really like it! I also love the Malibu Pilates chair as well, esp. with the extra arm handles that make the work-out quite challenging. I like to alternate the two machines, hths. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:

Yes I saw the Malibu Chair and thought it might be a great addition. Does it weigh about 40 pounds? Would it be a pain to move out from a corner on a daily bases....maybe moving it four ft. Is as fun as pilates and does it give as good a workout?
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hey... I just bought the Malibu Chair... It's pretty good...

I've had it for about a week now.

If you understand the concepts of the springs... and how they work within each exercise... that helps. I had to take it down a notch for a few exercises that were straining my knee... and hip. Once adjusted... NO PROBLEM!

I think it's pretty stable. I actually collapse it and move to and from it's storage spot daily. As my boys refuse to leave it alone otherwise. I don't want to risk them figuring out how to manipulate a spring. (I envision, pain, screaming, broken chair)..

The ONLY thing I don't care for is the sliding mechanism to open/shut the legs. It's really awkward at first. I think I've finally figured out how to do it smoothly. So, once that's engraved on my brain... the rest is easy peasy.

I purchased off of e-bay for $150ish. shipping included. Came with the additional arm gizmo, that is currently under the bed until I feel I've mastered the rest. For the price, I think it's worth it. I would PREFER a better quality chair all together, like the EXO chair ($745). We'll see how far my dedication goes. That's less than a year's gym membership (which I also have) so who knows!

I've had some pilates training. I don't think it's too hard to do accurately. However, a class would NEVER hurt.

I want a reformer in the worst way. Have my eye on a really good one. We'll see! I'm starting to build my own home gym. I think kettleballs are next.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I took the plunge and ordered from ebay...the seller went up 30.00 since the recent airing on HSN...people are ordering from his site like hot cakes!!!!No wonder the price went up. I did make an offer and got it around 160.00. I LOVE my aeroplilates performer but I also think a change is good for the body and mind....so this is the new edition. Very Happy
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I took the plunge and ordered from ebay...the seller went up 30.00 since the recent airing on HSN...people are ordering from his site like hot cakes!!!!No wonder the price went up. I did make an offer and got it around 160.00. I LOVE my aeroplilates performer but I also think a change is good for the body and mind....so this is the new edition. Very Happy
Toby

That's a lot less than what HSN is asking. It was a TSV last week for $299. Why would anyone buy it from HSN, except maybe for the return policy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah... i think the return policy is probably important... but jeez... is it worth THAT MUCH!

Oh well... I'm sure they are getting tons of biz. And my box said it was from Gunthy Rinker (sp)... so THEY are making it avail. it must be a volume situation that they just don't LOSE money on...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |