Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE: Lamas Beauty - Soy Hydrating Conditioner - Organic!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this conditioner for the last 2 months... Wanted to give it some time before submitting a review... Five stars, definitely!

I used to use the SudzzFX line but had to start looking for great products for less $$. With a little searching, trial and error, Lamas Soy Balancing Conditioner is my new HG! Very Happy

I have curly hair -- similar type and color as the Greek/American actress, Melina Kanakaredes. Oh, and I use herbal color treatments at home to cover gray hair so I have TWICE the reason to avoid sulfates in hair products! It smells absolutely lovely, is a fairly good value, relatively easy to find, contains neither sulfate OR SILICONES, and multi-tasks as a leave-in conditioner as well.

For daily conditioning, I use a wide toothed comb to distribute a small amount through freshly shampooed hair... (or, on wet hair in the shower on my non-shampoo days) and leave it in while I'm in the shower. Rinse, apply a quarter size amount of jojoba oil and comb throughout my hair, then follow up with a quarter size amount of Lamas Soy conditioner as a leave in.

Then I wrap my head in a microfiber cloth for a few minutes, remove, scrunch Davines LOVE styling lotion and let it air dry.

Hair is left very soft, smooth, shiny, managable and relatively frizz free... although I haven't tested this yet in extremely humid weather. Should know by the end of July how effective this will be then.

Available in most health food stores, although at $18 USD for 12 oz it's a little spendy... Better off to purchase online at vitacost.com or drugstore.com where you can find it for $10 a bottle.

I haven't tried other products from this line yet... their Avocado Olive Ultra Smoothing Conditioner and Sea Silk Styling Mousse look very promising as well.

Ingredient list for the ingredient junkies!

Soy Hydrating Conditioner: For All Hair Types - Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Glyceryl Stearate (and) Stearalkonium Chloride, Certified Organic Pelagonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Allplant Essence*, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soy Amino Acids, Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract*, Certified Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Certified Organic Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Root Extract*, Certified OrganicYucca Aloifolia Extract*, Certified Organic Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract*, Certified Organic Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract*, Certified Organic Rosa Canina Fruit Extract*, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Phytantriol, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil (and) Beta Carotene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance with Essential Oils, Caramel.

*Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI). 1) Certified by Oregon Tilth.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, athena.

You are so lucky to have hair similar to that actress Melina K - I've often admired her long shiny thick hair while watching CSI NY
My hair, what there is of it, is very different, no curls but way frizzy. I'm going to put this in my next vitacost order and give it a try. Thanks! Smile
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:

You are so lucky to have hair similar to that actress Melina K - I've often admired her long shiny thick hair while watching CSI NY
My hair, what there is of it, is very different, no curls but way frizzy. I'm going to put this in my next vitacost order and give it a try. Thanks! Smile

You're welcome, appletini... Let me know how you like it! The first time I used it, I was really pleased to feel how soft my hair was when it dried... Pretty amazing, considering it doesn't contain any silicones. That I still like it after a couple months proves that for me, at least, it's a keeper.

Curly hair is relatively low maintenance; for that I'm grateful; don't even own a blow dryer... But there've been so many times throughout my life when I wished for straight hair. So many cute, geometric cuts you can wear.

Here's the ingredients for their Avocado conditioner... When this runs out, I'll probably try it... Looks positively yummy! Very Happy Unfortunately, vitacost.com doesn't carry this... found it at drugstore.com for $17USD...

Water (Agua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Rose Geranium Allplant Essence, Glycerin ((Vegetable), Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolized Soy Protein, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Rice Amino Acids, Panthenol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europa Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Urtica Dioca (Nettle) Extract, Symphytom Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Phytantriol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium 71, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance with Essential Oil

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:

appletini, I'm curious if you ever ordered this and how did it work for you?

Update on my prior post. I never did try the avocado conditioner, has anyone else tried this one yet?

appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
athena - i have bought the soy conditioner (and the matching shampoo) but haven't got around to using it yet ... it's next in line. Am currently trying some shampoo and con with MSM, and not sure what I think of them yet. Am on a bit of an MSM thing at the moment, even using MSM toothpaste!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Glad to find your post on this, Athena, before I ordered the Sudzz FX stuff. Yeah that one is expensive! Very Happy So would you also recommend their matching shampoo?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Glad to find your post on this, Athena, before I ordered the Sudzz FX stuff. Yeah that one is expensive! Very Happy So would you also recommend their matching shampoo?
Hi Natalyn, do you mean the Soy Balancing shampoo? Yep, I used that too.... no sulfates, leaves hair clean without overly drying. Vitacost usually has the best prices for this line. If you purchase it at Whole Foods, the pricing is more analogous to salon hair products. Let me know how you like it!

Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Natalyn wrote:
Hi Natalyn, do you mean the Soy Balancing shampoo? Yep, I used that too.... no sulfates, leaves hair clean without overly drying. Vitacost usually has the best prices for this line. If you purchase it at Whole Foods, the pricing is more analogous to salon hair products. Let me know how you like it!

Ok, I'll buy this with my next vitacost order. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |