Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Yes to Cucumbers hair products: mixed results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
The company that manufactures Yes to Carrots came out with a couple other lines... Yes to Tomatoes and Yes to Cucumbers.... Purchased the Yes to Cucumbers line at my nearest Walgreens because it's sulfate free.

Overall, it's a great value, free of sulfates, smells great! and easily available either in store or online. Walgreen's will accept returns if you have your receipt, so nothing is lost by trying... Unfortunately, this line isn't moisturizing enough for my curly (and dry) hair; otherwise, I could give it a huge rave or thumbs up. I would have returned the leave in conditioner and daily conditioner if I hadn't lost my receipt, grr....

1. The shampoo... I'll probably purchase this again because I don't have a great deal of demand for a shampoo. All I ask is that it doesn't overstrip, doesn't contain sulfates and this product does very well. Lathers up surprisingly well without the sulfates, but I do have to use a lot... Oh, did I tell you how nice this smells? Hair is left clean without feeling stripped.

2. The daily conditioner. I have to use a lot of this to work it through my hair and it just doesn't live up to my OTHER HG conditioner (Lamas) -- chances are, this will work very well for those hair types that don't require a great deal of moisturizer. Won't repurchase.

3. Leave in conditioner. This was the most disappointing of all... It's supposed to provide intense moisture, smoothing and shine... Maybe for some it will, but it left my hair feeling dry, a little rough and slightly frizzy. The only way I'll be able to use up what's left is to combine it with my favorite conditioner. I may be asking too much and this may be perfect for someone who doesn't require a great deal of moisture or doesn't have curly hair. At least it doesn't weigh you down. Won't repurchase.

Ingredient list for all products in this line... When I run out of my current eye cream, I'll probably try their cucumber eye treatment it sounds absolutely lovely!

1. Shampoo: Aqua (Water), Sodium Coceth Sulfate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Magnesium Chloride, Algea (Spirulina, Rhodella, Dunaliella) *, Spirulina Maxima Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel, Citric Acid, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis Cera (Jojoba) Extract*, Niacin*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) *, Ginkgo Biloba Extract*, Panthenol, Dehydroacetic Acid.

* Certified Organic Ingredient

2. Daily Conditioner: Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.

3. Leave-in Conditioner: Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi athena123,
Would like to know does the Yes to Cucumbers shampoo which you've purchased helps in hair fall control and dandruff?

I've just started an italian brand L'erbolario products for dandruff control. However, I'm sourcing for alternative shampoo which can gives me hair fall and dandruff control. This is due to L'erbolario products kind of expensive for long period usage.

Thank you and appreciate very much for sharing the review and information.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ang3LiCD3viLZ wrote:
Hi athena123,
Would like to know does the Yes to Cucumbers shampoo which you've purchased helps in hair fall control and dandruff?

I've just started an italian brand L'erbolario products for dandruff control. However, I'm sourcing for alternative shampoo which can gives me hair fall and dandruff control. This is due to L'erbolario products kind of expensive for long period usage.

Thank you and appreciate very much for sharing the review and information.

Hi Ang, is it OK if I shorten your name to Ang? Smile Well, I don't have dandruff so I honestly can't say how effective this would be for that particular malady... I'm not sure what you mean by hair fall control, can you clarify?

My hair type: naturally curly, lots of it and I don't blow it out... A minimalist (or lazy?) air dry and scrunch is about all I do to style my hair, which is why my conditioners and leave in conditioners are much more critical for me than shampoo.

Hope this helps,

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Athena,

Thank you for the explanations and surely I do welcome you to shorten my name.

As for hair fall control, is refers to the shampoo does it helps to prevent hair fall?

My hair type ain't straight nor curly, they have soft curl in it and kinda thick. Guess I'm a minimalist as well, haha whereby I air dry them all the time. I don't style my hair though since it's long.

Regards,
Steph
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I am hair product junkie.

I have a couple of no sulfate shampoos that I like but will keep this one in mind also. The no sulfate shampoos that I like are:

L'oreal Everpure. This has a herbaly mint smell. I like the smell but some people don't.

From Sallys Colouresse

AG Recoil shampoo

Is the leave-in conditioner a spray? Does it have a nice smell?
sweetnancy
5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
It's exciting to hear that they have new line. But I have not seen any in shoppersdrugmart in Canada yet which is the only place that I can buy Yes to carrot stuff. I think Yes to Carrot conditioner is also not moistrizing enough. More interested in the "tomato" line. Hope to see those soon in Canada.

athena123 wrote:
The company that manufactures Yes to Carrots came out with a couple other lines... Yes to Tomatoes and Yes to Cucumbers.... Purchased the Yes to Cucumbers line at my nearest Walgreens because it's sulfate free.

Overall, it's a great value, free of sulfates, smells great! and easily available either in store or online. Walgreen's will accept returns if you have your receipt, so nothing is lost by trying... Unfortunately, this line isn't moisturizing enough for my curly (and dry) hair; otherwise, I could give it a huge rave or thumbs up. I would have returned the leave in conditioner and daily conditioner if I hadn't lost my receipt, grr....

1. The shampoo... I'll probably purchase this again because I don't have a great deal of demand for a shampoo. All I ask is that it doesn't overstrip, doesn't contain sulfates and this product does very well. Lathers up surprisingly well without the sulfates, but I do have to use a lot... Oh, did I tell you how nice this smells? Hair is left clean without feeling stripped.

2. The daily conditioner. I have to use a lot of this to work it through my hair and it just doesn't live up to my OTHER HG conditioner (Lamas) -- chances are, this will work very well for those hair types that don't require a great deal of moisturizer. Won't repurchase.

3. Leave in conditioner. This was the most disappointing of all... It's supposed to provide intense moisture, smoothing and shine... Maybe for some it will, but it left my hair feeling dry, a little rough and slightly frizzy. The only way I'll be able to use up what's left is to combine it with my favorite conditioner. I may be asking too much and this may be perfect for someone who doesn't require a great deal of moisture or doesn't have curly hair. At least it doesn't weigh you down. Won't repurchase.

Ingredient list for all products in this line... When I run out of my current eye cream, I'll probably try their cucumber eye treatment it sounds absolutely lovely!

1. Shampoo: Aqua (Water), Sodium Coceth Sulfate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Magnesium Chloride, Algea (Spirulina, Rhodella, Dunaliella) *, Spirulina Maxima Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel, Citric Acid, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis Cera (Jojoba) Extract*, Niacin*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) *, Ginkgo Biloba Extract*, Panthenol, Dehydroacetic Acid.

* Certified Organic Ingredient

2. Daily Conditioner: Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.

3. Leave-in Conditioner: Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |