Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried the following organic/natural products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to hear your experience, better if you have oily/acne prone skin.

Zia Natural Skincare
http://www.zianatural.com/

Living Nature
http://www.livingnature.com/index.html

Dr. Hauschka
http://www.drhauschka.com/products/products_fr.html
http://www.naturalyours.com/Dr_Hauschka/Dr_Hauschka.htm

Herbal Luxuries
http://www.herballuxuries.com

Botanical Skin Works
http://www.botanicalworks.com/

Anna Botanica/Bellina
http://store.annabellina.com/

Clare LéDor
http://www.clareledor.com/categories.html

MiEssence
http://www.onegrp.com/products/skin_care/
http://www.lookinggoodorganics.com/skincare.html#rejuvenatingcleanser

If you're going to recommend Eminence Organics, well I just checked out their prices at HeavenSpa.com Shock
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried any of those, but I know Dr. Haushka(sp) gets great reviews on here. I have oily/blemish prone skin and love Yonka and Decleor. I currently use:

Yonka:
Juvenil(my HG acne treatment)
Creme 15(PM, mix with Juvenil sometimes)
PG Creme(AM great mattifyer)

Decleor:
Ylang Ylang oil(AM all over)
Hydra Matte Fluid
Gel T-Zone Regulateur
Masque Pufiant Regulateur(got these in the EDS kit)

They have really made a difference in my skin. No clogged pores or blackheads. Minimal harmonal breakouts on chin. hths
Mabsy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I've tried quite a few of the Dr Hauschka products and I'm a big fan in general. Their star product for me has been the cleansing cream. I also like Eminence masks (you can get them cheaper than at heavenspa.com).
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:18 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried so many Dr.Hauschka products, but those I've tried so far I really like. The rose cream is the favourite, but the other products aren't far behind Very Happy

Since I don't have oily/acneprone skin, I don't really know what to recommend for your skintype.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Not much help, but I tried Zia Papaya Enzyme Mask, and I thought that it did very little to my skin. It is supposed to act as a gentle exfoliant, but my skin looked no different after using it, and it smelled weird. I've been using Decleor Phytopeel, and I think that this does what the Zia claimed to do, at least for my skin (oily/combo, acne-prone). My skin is left more clear, bright, and tight with the Decleor. Additionally, I use Decleor Ylang Ylang oil and balm and have been really pleased with these as well.

I have been using Avalon Organics Botanicals Lavender Cleansing Milk and Vitamin C toner, and so far I have been pleased with these basics. They are cheap, too which means that I get to spend more on treatments Shock and, if Toe is reading, cleansing balms Exclamation I have heard good things about Anna Bellina, and have read that her website is very informative. I would be tempted to try this line since I have read good things about the products.

Tina
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:12 am      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:

and, if Toe is reading, cleansing balms Exclamation

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm trying out the Dr Hauschka oily skin kit at the moment. It's only been a couple of weeks and so I can't really report on whether it's really working for me or not. It's certainly not upsetting my skin in any way (breakouts, rash etc). The clarifying toner certainly helps to calm down any redness on my face (especially if I've been picking Anxious ) and the cleansing cream leaves my skin feeling smooth.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:06 am      Reply with quote
The only one of these lines that I have tried is Dr. Hauschka, however, I visited the websites you provided and I'll let you know what I think based on the information they provided.

Zia Natural Skincare: I looked at their ingredients and I personally feel that they have no business calling themselves 'Natural', I definitely would not use them.

Living Nature: Ingredients seem to be genuinely all-natural, I would definitely consider using this line.

Dr. Hauschka: This is my current favorite, more on this later. Smile

Herbal Luxuries: Defintely would not use, their ingredients list reads like a pharmacy.

Botanical Skin Works: Short list of simple ingredients, just what I like to see. Would defintely try this out.

Anna Botanica/Bellina: I am on the fence about this company -- they seem to contain some questionable ingredients, although I cannot say for sure without further research. Would probably not use.

Clare LéDor: Some products seem natural, some defintely aren't. Might pick and choose products.

MiEssence: Looks good! Would try it out.

I have very oily, blemish prone skin. I began the Dr. Hauschka skin care regimin recently. I use:

Cleansing Cream, Morning and Night
Clarifying Toner, Morning and Night
Normalizing Day oil, Morning
Eye Balm, Morning
Lip Balm, As needed

I also use the Rejuvenating Mask and the Facial Steam Bath/Clay Mask about once a week.

So far, my results have been excellent. My face is usually reddish around my nose and cheeks, causing uneven coloring. But yesterday I received the biggest compliment! A friend told me she loved the shade of makeup I was wearing on my face and asked me who made it...but I wasn't wearing any makeup! Now that is what I call results!
Mabsy

Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I thought MiEssence sounded familiar! I just remembered that a local health food shop stocks their range. They only stock their makeup range though not their skincare. I had a play with their foundation testers but didn't really like them. The state of the festy testers probably had something to do with it Rolling Eyes
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
This is cool! Thanks for your replies. I'll be checking out some of the recommendations. Chimera, I'm looking forward to more of your reviews for the brands I listed and perhaps others that I have missed and were recommended by other members. It seems most people have used and are in favor of Dr. Hauschka's products so I would be looking more to check them out.

I'm actually looking for a good natural products with cleanser, toner, skin lightener, exfoliant, sunscreen/sunblock, and moisturizer. But they don't have to be from one brand, just whatever works the best.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
What's nice about some of the brands is that they have a sample kit that you can order. I made an order of the Dr. Haushka sample kit (for oily/impure skin) to try it out.

http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/productinfo.php?product=20

Chimera, why do you think that the Zia Natural products are not natural? I looked at the ingredients and they seem natural. You can't find it on their website but you can take a look at their product ingredients at Drugstore.com

Someone mentioned Avalon Organics from Avalon Natural Products which has the CoQ10 Skin care and Vitamin C Skin care. The same company who makes:

Alba Organics Hawaiian Skin Care,

Alba Botanica Advanced Facial Care,

and the Avalon Organic Botanicals certified organic skin care.

Has anyone else tried these products? I went to their website and they look promising. Their products are certified organic and fully compliant with the California Health and Safety Code. Are they any good? Or are they just like JASON Natural Cosmetics or Burts Bees which I'm not too big about. It's also confusing that they offer so many different products to serve the same purpose but they are very inexpensive. Incidentally, during my web research, I came across Aubrey Organics which claims to be 100% natural. I'd also like to hear from anyone who used their products.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I have used Anna Bellina's cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and eye cream. I liked the cleanser since it is one of the few non-drying cleanser that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. However, after reading a lot of negative reports regarding AB's customer service, business practice, plagerism etc, I don't think I will be ordering again.

I have ordered a few sample from BSW. The dead sea mask was too strong for me. The hand moisturizer didn't really impress me.

I have also ordered a trial kit from evan's garden (www.evansgarden) but the cleanser didn't agree with my skin.

I have a mini kit from sevi on the way (www.sevikay.com) for me to try next.

However, I recently started using La Roche Posay cleanser and moisturizer targeted for sensitive skin. So far so good. Maybe my face doesn't really like all natural products?!

If you go to delphi forums, there are lots of boards dedicated to all natural products with lots of reviews/feedbacks.

HTH!

ps: I have normal/sensitive skin that is prone to dermatitis. Cannot use silicone, vit c serum, jojoba oil, not really acne prone but prone to clogged pores.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Chimera, why do you think that the Zia Natural products are not natural? I looked at the ingredients and they seem natural. You can't find it on their website but you can take a look at their product ingredients at Drugstore.com

eSquire, I have found the following ingredients listed in a few random Zia products:

Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, SD Alcohol 39-C, Silica, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, and Methylparaben

I haven't fully researched each ingredient, but they don't sound natural to me.

You mentioned Aubrey Organics -- I have been using their haircare products for a while and I absolutely love them! I have heard some very good things about their skincare line, too, if I end up taking the plunge and purchasing some I will be sure to write up a review.

Good luck on your search Surprised
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
eSquire, I tend to have oily, acne-prone skin most of the time, with normal, acne-prone skin during the drier winter months.

I am currently using Avalon Organics Lavender Cleansing Milk and Vitamin C Balancing Toner. Both are extremely gentle and have caused no breakouts for me. The cleansing milk rinses clean for me, and the toner is alcohol-free and non-stripping. The toner also has a small dose of BHA for pore cleansing. The products do have strong scents (lavender for the milk and citrus for the toner), so if you are sensitive to scents, then these products probably aren't for you. I like these well enough that I plan to repurchase, and I would like to explore other products in the line.

I have also tried Aubrey Organics products. I tried the cleanser for oily skin (a non-foaming, Noxema-like cleanser), toner for oily skin, and blue-green algae cleanser. The toner I didn't like because it does contain alcohol, and the oily skin cleanser just seemed too much like Noxema to me. I did like the blue-green algae cleanser (non-foamer and basic, but did the job). I must not have been too impressed because I moved on without repurchasing. I do remember that their products seemed to lack in scent, which may be a plus or negative depending on your preference. I may try some of their products again though because I see that the natural foods section of my grocery store now carries many AO products and it has been a few years since I used them, and I am sure that they have expanded their line.

Right now, I am really liking my Avalon Organics skincare products. I am impressed with their quality.

hth,
Tina
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
tinamarie8,

Avalon Organics is available in London Drugs! OMG... i never paid attention to it... didn't know it was a decent brand... (never paid attention to drugstore stuff)

tinamarie8... did the avalon products help improve your skin? (are you acne prone btw?)
I will definately give it a try... its sooooo cheap!

April
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
tinamarie8,

Avalon Organics is available in London Drugs! OMG... i never paid attention to it... didn't know it was a decent brand... (never paid attention to drugstore stuff)

tinamarie8... did the avalon products help improve your skin? (are you acne prone btw?)
I will definately give it a try... its sooooo cheap!

April

Hi, April Smile I am *very* acne-prone, and the cleansing milk and toner that I mentioned have never caused breakouts for me. My skin tends to breakout whenever I irritate it, and these products are non-irritating to my skin. It is difficult to say if only these products have improved my skin because I am using products from other lines as well, so it could be a combination of what I'm using that is making my skin look nicer. I will say that this more gentle approach to my skin's care has improved it greatly. I still have occasional breakouts, but they seem to be hormonal rather than product related. This is just my experience with the products; yours may be different. They are relatively cheap products, so they may be worth trying. I am curious to see what else the line has to offer (I did see a lavender exfoliating mask that looked interesting), but I have to use up some of what I have first Rolling Eyes
HTH,
Tina
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |