Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi Vitamin C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
meganm76
5% products discount

Wed May 06, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or not - hoping so. I'm currently on week 3 of Obagi nu derm. At this point, I'm somewhat frustrated...still red and peely, but stubborn enough to stick with the system until the end. My question is should I add a vitamin C to my regimen? I'm currently not using it and wondered if it's something that should be added. If so, what strength and what brand do you all recommend? Thank you
meganm76
5% products discount

Wed May 06, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
In addition, is there anything else you all would recommend to add to the nu-derm system? I'm on this system mainly due to rough skin from sun damage and some wrinkles around my eyes. No hyperpigmentation even though I've lived in the sun nearly all my life. I'm using the products under my eyes and just get wrinkly/crinkly but no real irritation. I'm really hoping to see some improvement soon. Thanks again!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Meganm.
I'm actually wondering the same thing. I started Nu Derm April 1st. Quite a few people on the forum really like Skinceuticals
C E Ferulic ,and I have some sample from Ebay of the Skinceuticals Phloretin. What I'm really interested in is the Obagi Pro C 20%, since I'm already doing Obagi. So ,hopefully, some of the Obagi Nu Derm graduates will chime in with advice for us both.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
i don't think you need to add vit C, especially when you got red skin already.
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I did add Obagi pro c 15% when I did the nuderm program and I really liked it. I believe it helped with both the redness and peeling. I found the exfoderm was what irritated my skin the most so I used it every other day and was much happier. I also used the action lotion in the beginning when the redness and peeling were really bad. I didn't need it for very long. I am currently on the maintenance and still use the Obagi C 15%. I've also used the 20% which I really liked but the 15% works well also. I switched just to save a few bucks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! I've been thinking of also adding Vit C to the NuDerm regimen as well. I'm currently using the Obagi 5% under my eyes in the a.m. only. After reading some other posts, isn't Vit C supposed to be used for added sunscreen protection? If so, this sounds like a good idea to me! Anyone?? Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
You can add any topical C serum that you want. You would put that on after the Toner before the Clear in the morning only. I love the Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic. If your skin is dry, use that. The Skinceuticals Phloretin is more for oily skin, so you oily gals can try that. Any of the Obagi C serums are fine (except the one with Hydroquinone already in it, you don't need that extra HQ). I, myself, would stay away from SkinMedica C while you are on the Nu Derm. It is more of a really silky cream. But, I think one woman did use that and had great results. C does give extra protection from the sun when used with a sunscreen. Hope that helps!
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving my skin these days and I haven't really gone to an Esthetician to have facials for the past 5 months or so. I use to need the professional facials monthly or else I get this large zits on my chin or nose. Anyways, my routine these days include:

Night: Nuderm Blender with Retin A, alternating with Exfoderm the next night.
Morning: Vit C serum 20% for added sun protection.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi essq,
Just wondering...is your current skincare routine maintenance for Obagi NuDerm? I'm a long ways away from maintenance, but I'm also curious to see what works for people when they're finished with the program.
emjay

Thu May 07, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and desperately need some help. I am thinking of buying Obagi Nu-derm but not sure. I am not sure if it works for dark skin as well. I have black spots all over my face from acne and so desperate to get rid of them. Pls help!!! Sad
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Emjay,
Check out some of the threads on Obagi Nu Derm. I know there's one for women of of color & Asian skin too. I decided to do Obagi Nu Derm after reading many of the forum talks on the product. Next week is my first milestone of the first 6 weeks, which is very exciting. I'm nearly 1/3 of the way there and very happy with the program so far.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi essq,
Just wondering...is your current skincare routine maintenance for Obagi NuDerm? I'm a long ways away from maintenance, but I'm also curious to see what works for people when they're finished with the program.

Yes kims. It is maintenance for me as I already finished my Nuderm set, doing Blender with Retin A at night and Exfoderm in the morning. Now that I am in maintenance phase, I rotate the Blender & Exfoderm at night; and mornings are reserved for my Vit C serum. At times, I also alternate the Vit C serum with Supercop in the morning.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |