Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZINCLEAR sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
NCN Skincare is selling a sunscreen formulated with Zinclear IM. It's a new technology I remember reading about a while ago, I didn't think it would be available so quickly! Nanci's sunscreen is 50% Zinclear, which means it's 25% Zinc Oxide. (Zinclear itself is a formulation of 50% zinc oxide)

Anyway, has anyone tried it yet?

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/sun-protection/zinclear-all-natural-sun-protection.html

Information on Zinclear:

http://www.dow.com/suncare/products/zinclear.htm

ZinClear IM Dispersions
ZinClear™ IM Zinc Oxide Dispersions are a breakthrough technology for sun protection applications. Their distinct particle structure allows for excellent transparency in a micron-sized particle -- transparency that can't be matched by even nano-sized particles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using Image Skincare's organic sunscreen which is 31% zinc oxide, formulated with Zinclear. It is a really nice sunscreen, it doesn't leave a white tint and is not too heavy. I haven't worn it out on a sunny day yet so I haven't tested it that way but it is a nice sunscreen cosmetically and not a bad price for a 4 oz. product.

http://store.skincarebyalana.com/servlet/-strse-463/Image-SkinCare-Solar-Defense/Detail
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Osmosis Shelter is now SPF 29+ and contains Zinclear as well, here are the ingredients:

Ingredients

Phosphatidylcholine
Zinclear (20%)
Shea butter
Catalase
Superoxide Dismutase
L-Glutathione
Sorbitan Palmitate (from olive oil)
Sorbitan Olivate (from olive oil)
Cetyl Palmitate (from olive oil)
L-sodium lactate
L-sodium PCA
Hyaluronic acid
Lemon Essential Oil
Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Lime Essential Oil
Sorbic acid
Naturotics
Japanese Honeysuckle
Liquid Crystals
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
these all look good, please keep us updated as to whether or not this new ingredient really protects or not.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm interested in trying a sunscreen with Zinclear but they all seem to have a lot of oils in them, and I need something that dries to a matte finish or else I have an oil slick face to apply MMU to, even after the sunscreen has time to sink in...

Any recommendations as to which Zinclear sunscreen product would be best to try? Does NCN sell samples of their sunscreen product? What's the price on the Image SkinCare sunscreen; the website page doesn't list the price.

Thanks!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:
I'm interested in trying a sunscreen with Zinclear but they all seem to have a lot of oils in them, and I need something that dries to a matte finish or else I have an oil slick face to apply MMU to, even after the sunscreen has time to sink in...

Any recommendations as to which Zinclear sunscreen product would be best to try? Does NCN sell samples of their sunscreen product? What's the price on the Image SkinCare sunscreen; the website page doesn't list the price.

Thanks!

The cost of the Image Skincare sunscreen is $33.50. I'm really liking it. It doesn't leave an oil slick to the face but it does leave a sheen but it is easily covered with a powder.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:

Thanks!

I was about to order a full bottle, then I learned that it's on the rich side and hesitated. So I asked Nanci about a sample, but she said that I wouldn't like it because it's greasy. I guess I'll wait until she develops a sunscreen with zinclear for normal skin. Oh well, I'm not in a rush- right now I'm pretty happy with Pratima and Devita sunscreens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:

I was about to order a full bottle, then I learned that it's on the rich side and hesitated. So I asked Nanci about a sample, but she said that I wouldn't like it because it's greasy. I guess I'll wait until she develops a sunscreen with zinclear for normal skin. Oh well, I'm not in a rush- right now I'm pretty happy with Pratima and Devita sunscreens.

Oh, nothing gets my heart going like hearing about a new zinc sunscreen! But greasy doesn't sound good--bummer! Nimue, I just (finally) read your Pratima review, and it sounds great, perhaps a good summer sunscreen because of the higher zinc. (I've got a few questions, but I'll ask those over on that thread!)

jom wrote:

The cost of the Image Skincare sunscreen is $33.50. I'm really liking it. It doesn't leave an oil slick to the face but it does leave a sheen but it is easily covered with a powder.

Thanks for the info on this one, Jom. So it sounds like it's not too greasy? Also, any sense for how well it stays on throughout the day? That is, do you feel like you need to reapply it on an ordinary day or is its lasting power pretty good? I'm getting pretty excited about these new options. Thanks!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:

Hi, Nimue. I have normal skin, and I have a sample of the NCN sunscreen. At least on my skin, it really absorbed quickly, and did not leave my skin greasy at all - just very, very soft feeling. Just thought I would mentioned that in case you wanted to try a sample. I know everyone's skin reacts differently to products, but thought I would put my 2 cents in!
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Is this one oily? I wanna try it, but since I've got milia, I can't try a oily one;P
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
Is this one oily? I wanna try it, but since I've got milia, I can't try a oily one;P

Here are the ingredients for the NCN one, Barksdale.

Active Ingredient: ZinClear 50% (25% zinc oxide, Inactive ingredients in ZinClear 25% C12-15 Alkyl benzoate, isostearic acid, polyhydroxystearic acid)

Inactive ingredients: Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Rooibos Tea Extract, Emulsifying Wax NF, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Olive Oil, Palm Stearic Acid, Organic Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Xanthan Gum Black Willowbark Extract, Rosemary Oleoresin, Neem Oil.
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
25% of ZnO is pretty high:). Hightest I've heard about is the Nivea Emulusion 50+, which has 28& of ZnO, however, it contains Titanium Zioxide so it causes whitening..
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
It seems like manufacturers are trying to make sunscreen an "all in one" product for the face and that's what I have problems with.

Most of us, after lengthy and expensive trial and error, use a specific facial moisturizer that we like and know works well for us and has ingredients we want - and in my case, I just want to add sunscreen, but not a sunscreen layer that adds glycerin and olive oil and coconut oil and sweet orange oil and avocado oil and soy protein, etc. I know the sunscreen needs some things to be "spreadable" but jeez...my face can't take 2 layers of moisturizer; my t-zone gets more oily than it regularly does and makeup is an uphill battle.

Matte finish sunscreen please! MATTE FINISH! Lighten that stuff up! Laughing

I wish I could just buy some Zinclear and add the right amount of it to a bottle of my daily moisturizer.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:
Nimue wrote:

Oh, nothing gets my heart going like hearing about a new zinc sunscreen! But greasy doesn't sound good--bummer! Nimue, I just (finally) read your Pratima review, and it sounds great, perhaps a good summer sunscreen because of the higher zinc. (I've got a few questions, but I'll ask those over on that thread!)

jom wrote:

Thanks for the info on this one, Jom. So it sounds like it's not too greasy? Also, any sense for how well it stays on throughout the day? That is, do you feel like you need to reapply it on an ordinary day or is its lasting power pretty good? I'm getting pretty excited about these new options. Thanks!

I don't find the Image sunscreen greasy, but like I said, it does leave a sheen that I prefer to cover with powder. I wish it had a matte finish. I think it has good staying power for everyday use. If I were out in the hot sun all day I would reapply though.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

I don't find the Image sunscreen greasy, but like I said, it does leave a sheen that I prefer to cover with powder. I wish it had a matte finish. I think it has good staying power for everyday use. If I were out in the hot sun all day I would reapply though.

Thanks, Jom. That's a pretty good price, too -- might have to give it a try! Either that or the Pratima... I get so paranoid these first few days of summer (hot and sunny!), and I need different sunscreens for all sorts of different activities: outdoor exercise, daily cosmetic, daily cosmetic when I'm sweaty, husband, etc. I've been in and out of googling sunscreens all day (procrastination!) so that my head is getting a little turned around -- sorry I asked you questions you'd already answered!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I just posted a question on another thread regarding % of zinc oxide in this sunscreen. Does anyone know the SPF value of this? Also, how is 50% zinclear translated into 25% zinc oxide?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Oh I just posted a question on another thread regarding % of zinc oxide in this sunscreen. Does anyone know the SPF value of this? Also, how is 50% zinclear translated into 25% zinc oxide?

I know I'm the one who answered you Smile. Zinclear is itself 50% zinc oxide. So when you have 50% zincclear that's 25% zinc oxide. (.5*.5=.25)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say that I've been testing and enjoying the NCN with Zinclear. Woo-hoo! I've posted a full review over here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=464195#464195

Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Bira wrote:

I know I'm the one who answered you Smile. Zinclear is itself 50% zinc oxide. So when you have 50% zincclear that's 25% zinc oxide. (.5*.5=.25)

I have a mental block or something. Or maybe I just don't know what exactly is zinclear. I thought it's a brand name. Maybe I am wrong, and zinclear is a chemical? But I still don't get why you multiply .5 x .5. If zinclear is 50% zinc oxide, then why wouldn't it have 50% zinc oxide listed? Or are there other things in it to dilute the zinc oxide level in zinclear?
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:
Just wanted to say that I've been testing and enjoying the NCN with Zinclear. Woo-hoo! I've posted a full review over here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=464195#464195

Hi KBLang,
I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Thank you.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Nimue wrote:
Bira wrote:

I have a mental block or something. Or maybe I just don't know what exactly is zinclear. I thought it's a brand name. Maybe I am wrong, and zinclear is a chemical? But I still don't get why you multiply .5 x .5. If zinclear is 50% zinc oxide, then why wouldn't it have 50% zinc oxide listed? Or are there other things in it to dilute the zinc oxide level in zinclear?

Zinclear is 50% zinc oxide and the product has 50% zinclear so it is 25% zinc oxide, if it were 100% zinclear it would be 50% zinc oxide.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |