Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

just a suggestion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
if all eds members can add simple description about their skin condition,our post of review and experience will be more useful to others.

what do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I agree - I think it should be mandatory for members to put their age and skin issues into the signature profile.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I 3rd it.

It's a swift PITA to try to answer questions with good advice, when the poster hasn't supplied any info whatsoever..

Much easier to move on unfortunately, especially when pressed for time.. Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I agree.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree & I'm adding a signature right now. ( I should have done so a long time ago Rolling Eyes )
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Ok, this makes sense. I just added this for me!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I also agree. Sometimes people ask for advice or opinion on certain product, and it is difficult to say without knowing the age and possible skin problems.

5% products discount

Sun May 10, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Id do that but two problems I dont know how to change my signature,(haha) and I dont feel comfortable telling my age...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
good idea. I will do that but am not sure how to do it....not very computer literate. Can anyone give some easy instructions? Thanks.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
OK, folks, here's how to set your signature line:

1. Scroll up to the top of the screen you are at now (if you are reading this message, you are on the right screen).

2. Click on the "Profile" link.

3. Scroll down until you see the "Signature" section, and just enter your info in the box to the right of that.

4. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and click the "Submit" button. Wait for the message that tells you your profile has been updated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nadine. I just tried setting my signature line, but I can't see it under my old posts.. hmm

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, it'll be more targeted.
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
bitsyrhea wrote:
Id do that but two problems I dont know how to change my signature,(haha) and I dont feel comfortable telling my age...

Same here..
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Annonymous wrote:
bitsyrhea wrote:

Same here..

That's certainly your prerogative, but then don't expect more than a generalized answer.. Wink

I'm just curious about something though if you don't mind my asking. As long as the alias you use doesn't give your identity away, and you don't post pictures of yourselves, how would just sharing your age make you uncomfortable?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
and you don't have to say anthing about age,just skin type and condition will be good:)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
As long as the alias you use doesn't give your identity away, and you don't post pictures of yourselves, how would just sharing your age make you uncomfortable?

Exactly!! We are all anonymous so how can sharing your age be an issue.

Also, a big thank you to Fang for starting this thread. I had also had it in my mind to make this suggestion but was too lazy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
As long as the alias you use doesn't give your identity away, and you don't post pictures of yourselves, how would just sharing your age make you uncomfortable?

Exactly!! We are all anonymous so how can sharing your age be an issue.

Also, a big thank you to Fang for starting this thread. I had also had it in my mind to make this suggestion but was too lazy.

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 4:17 am      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
and you don't have to say anything about age,just skin type and condition will be good:)

I think that the age part is as important as the skin type! Members in their 20's, 30's & 40's may benefit from their elders' advice from experience. Those of us in our 50's & 60's have uncharted & new issues that we are having to deal with so it's nice to know when we are hearing from a "kindred spirit".
All in all this thread is a really good one Smile .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 4:41 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I think that the age part is as important as the skin type! Members in their 20's, 30's & 40's may benefit from their elders' advice from experience. Those of us in our 50's & 60's have uncharted & new issues that we are having to deal with so it's nice to know when we are hearing from a "kindred spirit".
All in all this thread is a really good one Smile .

While I think age is an important issue in what products we use for our skin care (someone in their 20's doesn't need a wrinkle cream usually), I also think there is a tendency for some "elders" to be prejudiced against "youngens". Remember, there are some in their 40's who have gone through menopause before those in their 50's who could give the "elders" some advice. I also think there is more than age and skin type to be considered, such as health issues that one is having, how a person's diet is, habits, etc., that could impact a skin care recommendation. And, no matter what our age, skin care is all trial and error. What works for one won't necessarily work for another. So, while it is nice to hear what age group is liking a particular product, there is more to it in my opinion!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl, I agree with you. Since the menopausal time of life does differ (I am only now beginning to have a change in cycle - yikes!) I would gladly take advice from someone who has already been there - whatever their age.
And you made me think about a prejudice against the younger crew. I believe this can go both ways (I remember when first on the forum there was a lady who was 60 & I used to feel really bad about someone so old Embarassed )& it saddens me now to have had those thoughts.
Good advice is just that - good advice and we can all keep an open mind & learn about one's whole package.

I still like to see age in the signatures though Cool ...maybe I'll work on mine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
And you made me think about a prejudice against the younger crew. I believe this can go both ways.

Good advice is just that - good advice and we can all keep an open mind & learn about one's whole package.

I totally agree with you! Very Happy
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I disagree - that is private information I am not comfortable just splashing for everyone to see. If I post a message with recommendation I do my best to justify it, there is no need to attach a sticky note to my forehead screaming out my age and my skin.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
I disagree - that is private information I am not comfortable just splashing for everyone to see. If I post a message with recommendation I do my best to justify it, there is no need to attach a sticky note to my forehead screaming out my age and my skin.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm glad everybody doesn't feel that way!

And here I am trying to figure out how to post videos with my webcam... smack, smack!

nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Thanks Nadine. I just tried setting my signature line, but I can't see it under my old posts.. hmm

Hmmm, I never noticed that it doesn't apply to your old posts! So, whatever your signature is at the time of the post, will stay with that post. That might actually be a good thing, so we can see how old that person was (maybe) Rolling Eyes and what products they were using at the time the post was made.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
As a fairly new member, I think this is a great idea. I just added the info to my profile. For me, when I see someone who is close to my age with similar concerns/issues, I like to see what's working or not working for them. The way I see it, I can hopefully draw on their experiences which will help me make more informed choices about products I may choose.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |