Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Will it go away?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I might have burned myself between the use of retinol and AHA. I had heavy skin shedding two weeks ago and now I have one spot close to the corner of my mouth that's darkened after the peeling-offs. Will it eventually go away on its own? Anyone who had similar experience could give me some feedback please?

I know the meantime the best thing I can do is to make sure I apply SS.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear! I know I've burnt myself many times too! The last time here's what I did and it faded the booboo at last:

NCNProskincare's Bio-Active Night Repair
Manuka Honey UMF 17+
Spray frequently with Avene Thermal Water
Emu oil
babyQ
Sunscreen (Avene Emulsion 50+)

No scar no darkness voila!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've done too much AHA and I do not have any long term marks. I also use Emu oil and Manuka oil (really helps infection).
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Not to worry, it will definitely heal up good as new! For the time being you should stop using all your actives and try to use a non-irritating moisturizer. (I like honey-based ones such as Arcona's Hydrating Serum or Korres' Thyme Honey Cream) You can also speed the healing by keeping the area moist with a soothing ointment such as Brave Soldier's Antibacterial Ointment (this is my fave--- unbelievably soothing/moisturizing/healing) or Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Yes I agree with manslayerliz-- don't worry, it's happened to most of us overzealous skin freaks and it most definitely will go away! But it might take some time, up to 6 months, so don't panic Smile! There really isn't much you can do to speed up the skin's natural healing process, but do try to stay off acids around that area for a while. If it's not raw or scabbing you might try some hydroquinone-free skin lighteners. Good luck!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your advices.
The spot is half of pinky-nail sized and is not all that dark, but it's dark enough to annoy me when it stares at me in the mirror mocking me that I did it to myself.

Thanks manslayerliz and Swan, that's exactly what I need to hear - like new again, although maybe 6 months long, at least will keep my spirit high between now and then.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
There will be a certain degree of self-repair,I think you should be used to repair skin creams, such as LA MER

5% products discount

Fri May 15, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Who among us hasn't given themselves a chemical peel? I've OD ed on many different combinations of products over the years. I think you will be fine.

I feel your pain! Been there done that!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I've got a related question that I hope can be answered here:
I accidently rubbed off the scab of a "popped" pimple (from 2 days ago), and now the wound kind of looks like a crater. Will the hole fill up and heal flat? I'm not really worried about PIH marks, but I have no idea what to do to prevent acne scarring. I'm usually very good with keeping the scab on for as long as possible Crying or Very sad
TIA!!!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I accidently rubbed off the scab of a "popped" pimple (from 2 days ago), and now the wound kind of looks like a crater. Will the hole fill up and heal flat? I'm not really worried about PIH marks, but I have no idea what to do to prevent acne scarring. I'm usually very good with keeping the scab on for as long as possible Crying or Very sad
TIA!!!

Hi swan! The most important thing you can do is keep it moist, and the second most important thing you can do is treat it gently and don't pick at it. Try to keep a glob of ointment on it at all times. The two I mentioned above are the very best in my experience, but bacitracin should work too. Hang in there!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
TIA!!!

Hi swan, I did what you did on top of my nose when I was a kid. Now 30 years later, I still have an indentation at the top of my nose. My skin never rebuilt itself to fill up the hole. However, I did not do anything with it since I was just a kid. Maybe if you do what Liz said, your skin would repair itself and fill up the hole? Also, I read that Copper Peptide is supposed to help your skin repair itself. Maybe you could try that. I am not copper peptide expert, so I can't really tell you how to use it, but there's a thread or two on here about copper peptide.
Popcorn
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes, the only thing we can do is waiting for the skin self-repair.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz and Bira! I went to bed that night with a glob of honey on the spot, and fortunately I woke up in the morning with a new smaller scab Razz ! I've been keeping a bandaid permanently on my chin so the scab won't come off so soon Laughing . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't get a scar!!
I tried copper peptides some time ago, but think I was too impatient with starting slow and consequently developed a horible rash Shock ! I've been thinking I might want to use up the rest of my CP in Dr Kassy's DIY LightStim serum... Thanks for the suggestion!

kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it will go away. I had a similar situation. You must give it lots of time and continue to moisturize and then moisturize some more until you skin gets back to normal. You can put a skin lightener on the dark spot to help in the meantime.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
This thread's from way back at the beginning of May, kdd2411. I would hope that poor pinkberry's problem has cleared up now.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
This thread's from way back at the beginning of May, kdd2411. I would hope that poor pinkberry's problem has cleared up now.

Oh I didn't pay attention to the date! Shock
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I wonder if it did clear up? I love it when people come back and give updates. Kind of finishes off the story!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |