Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: – Valmont Hair Repair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Finally, a company has done their research and REALLY understands hair care. I couldn’t count the number of brands of hair care that I have tried and have, until now, been using Kerastase which I believed was very good. That was until Valmont came along.

After just one use, my hair feels soft and strong, has incredible shine (without silicone), my limp perm has regained all the curl and bounce and looks like it was just done a week ago and, for the first time in years, I did not need to use any styling products to revamp curl, add volume and moisturise

Valmont Hair Repairing Oil
The directions stated to use this oil on dry hair and leave for at least 20 minutes or overnight. The texture is a clear oil but it is very easy to rub into the hair and scalp. I decided to leave it on overnight as it did not leave my hair feeling or looking oily. The most amazing thing is that the next morning, my pillowcase did not have even a hint of oil on it so the product must have penetrated the hair easily.
The next step is the cleanser to wash off the Repairing Oil.

Valmont Hair Repair Regenerating Cleanser
This is a most unusual cleanser as it is applied to dry hair and rubbed into the hair and scalp. Then you add water to induce a lather. The texture is a light cream and the temptation is to use too much. I thought I had only used a small amount but after adding water, I had a thick creamy lather easily. It is a 200ml container so I think it should last 4 to 6 months. It rinsed clean very easily.
Next step is the mask.

Valmont Hair Repair Restoring Mask
This is also a light cream which is massaged into the hair and scalp after cleansing and towel drying the hair. It is left on for 3 minutes and then rinsed off.
Next step is the Serum.

Valmont Hair Repair Sublimating Serum
The texture is a white serum which is rubbed into the hair and scalp. It is left on the hair like a treatment. It is very light and does not weigh the hair down at all.

The end result is very healthy hair. There is no need to use all the above products at once but the combination is an excellent treatment regime. You could just use the cleanser followed by the mask. Or the cleanser followed by the serum. It would really depend on the condition of your hair.

I love these products and I can’t imagine using anything else on my hair now that I have used them once.

Out of 10, I would give them 20.

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Valmont Hair Repairing Oil (60 ml / 2 oz)
Valmont Hair Repairing Oil (60 ml / 2 oz)

Repairing Oil for Scalps and Hair that has been damaged by capillary aging. This oil is designed for scalps and hair that have been damaged by capillary aging.

Its formula contains a silicon derivative to reinforce the scalp metabolism as well as rose and marigold oil to repair damaged hair.

Valmont Hair Repair Restoring Mask (200 ml / 7.0 oz)
Valmont Hair Repair Restoring Mask (200 ml / 7.0 oz)

Designed for hair that has become vulnerable to the visible signs of time. This hair mask offers double action for immediate and lasting results.

Replaced by {{17727}}.

Valmont Hair Repair Sublimating Serum (30 ml / 1 oz)
Valmont Hair Repair Sublimating Serum (30 ml / 1 oz)

This concentrate provides a real sparkling boost to dull hair that has been damaged by scalp aging.

Rich in amino acids and ceramide, it repairs the capillary fibers and creates a protective barrier on the entire head of hair, from the roots to the ends.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy....thank you for a wonderful review. Unfortunately, I also find these products just too expensive. But, based on your review if I can save some money I will buy some Valmont hair products. I've had too many bad hair days lately Bad Grin
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 4:40 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi Bushy....thank you for a wonderful review. Unfortunately, I also find these products just too expensive. But, based on your review if I can save some money I will buy some Valmont hair products. I've had too many bad hair days lately Bad Grin

I agree that they are expensive but I have never been really unhappy with anything Valmont. There have been some things (a bit cheaper) that I have replaced with but on the whole I love the Valmont line.
I was wondering if the hair products have that "signature" scent. If they do, I think that that might be the deal breaker for me & I will skip over to the "add to cart" button. I'd be interested though in knowing if you still like them after a couple of weeks, months..... I am trying to not be so impulsive (& compulsive Rolling Eyes ).
*edited* to add that my hair is colour treated & healthy but my scalp is flakey - but it seems as though the products might be good for that too. My hair is fine & thick but really limp. The Valmont descriptions seem to address all of those conditions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:

I was wondering if the hair products have that "signature" scent.

No, the hair products do not have the Valmont signature scent. It is possible that there was a good reason for leaving it out of the hair products as this line seems to address any scalp problems along with repairing and improving hair condition. Usually if I don't wash my hair every couple of days, I get some itchy spots on the hairline. Just to test the products, I left it for 4 days before washing and no itchy spots. So they are certainly a winner for me. I have purchased the whole line as I am so impressed with them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I would like the products to be scented but I understand that that isn't their purpose Rolling Eyes . I'm leaning towards trying them anyway.

5% products discount

Thu May 14, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Bushy, did you have any problems with damage or dryness with your hair? Have you tried the Kerastase Vita Ciment vials? Those and Elasticizer Extreme are the best products I've ever used. You've got me intrigued, though. I mean, I have a SERIOUS hair product * spam alert * but this looks too $$$, even for me. And that's saying a lot.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
lotusspecter wrote:
Bushy, did you have any problems with damage or dryness with your hair? Have you tried the Kerastase Vita Ciment vials? Those and Elasticizer Extreme are the best products I've ever used. You've got me intrigued, though. I mean, I have a SERIOUS hair product * spam alert * but this looks too $$$, even for me. And that's saying a lot.

I have used quite a lot of the Kerastase products including the take home treatments provided by the hairdressor as a professional treatment and which are not available for retail sale. I do find that Kerastase products are good and I do think they have helped my hair a lot as I do get my hair permed and that does dry it out quite a lot but they never helped with any scalp problems. But I have to say that I was just blown away by the difference in my hair condition after just one use of Valmont. It just seemed to undo all the years of harsh treatment and bring my hair back to what it used to be like when I was younger. As it also treats the scalp, I just think that my hair will improve further, although I can't imagine at the moment how much better it could get.

5% products discount

Thu May 14, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response, Bushy. Unfortunately for me, your stellar review is giving me the product junkie shakes. What would you say is really the star product in this line? My hair is in pretty good condition but I'm always wanting more. I can't help myself.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
lotusspecter wrote:
Thanks for the response, Bushy. Unfortunately for me, your stellar review is giving me the product junkie shakes. What would you say is really the star product in this line? My hair is in pretty good condition but I'm always wanting more. I can't help myself.

If you only wanted to try one product then I would get the cleanser. Even after using just this, your hair will feel much better and it will also help your scalp (which in turn helps healthy hair growth). You may be able to get some samples of the other hair products with the purchase of the cleanser so you may get a chance to try them all.

5% products discount

Fri May 15, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I will give the cleanser a try. Thanks, Bushy!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
bushy, is cleanser used in the place of shampoo?

and which product functions best as a conditioner?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy, I wonder if you have the ingredients for the shampoo. I can't find a listing anywhere. I'm curious whether there are any sulfates in it. Thanks
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
wow, sounds very good. I tried a lot of hair care products too and currently using keristate which i liked most by far. Fekkai is not bad too. gotta try this line, thanks for the info.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 2:36 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
bushy, is cleanser used in the place of shampoo?

and which product functions best as a conditioner?

Although it is called a cleanser, it is actually a shampoo. I guess they call it a cleanser as it cleanses both the hair and scalp whereas most shampoos are marketed just to clean the hair. It also works differently in that it doesn't lather like a shampoo. It is applied to dry hair then water is added and it develops into a cream lather. The mask is the equivalent of a conditioner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Bushy, I wonder if you have the ingredients for the shampoo. I can't find a listing anywhere. I'm curious whether there are any sulfates in it. Thanks

Sorry I can't post the ingredients as they were on the box which I have thrown out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Another product to be added my wishlist. But this too pricey for a shampoo for me..
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review! I've been trying to find a new hair line since I had to stop using my fav brand because of the nut oils (DS allergic). For sure I am going to try the cleanser (but wow it is expensive, isn't it?) but I'm also looking at the repairing oil. The site says the oil is designed for scalps and hair that have been damaged by capillary aging. What is capillary aging on your scalp?
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

INCI:Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, POEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl, Sulfate, Sodium Myristyl Sulfate, Paynthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Keratin, Mannitol, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, Pantolactone, Sodium DNA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Magnesium DNA, Calcium DNA, Urea, Hydrolyzed RNA, Glutamic Acid, Sodium Cetyl Sulfate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-10, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Stearyl Sulfate, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium Succinate, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Source for ingredient list:

http://www.kosmetikkaufhaus-zapf.de/programme/start_marke.php?hcode=19
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 3:18 am      Reply with quote
h.kitty wrote:
marina wrote:

INCI:Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, POEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl, Sulfate, Sodium Myristyl Sulfate, Paynthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Keratin, Mannitol, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, Pantolactone, Sodium DNA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Magnesium DNA, Calcium DNA, Urea, Hydrolyzed RNA, Glutamic Acid, Sodium Cetyl Sulfate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-10, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Stearyl Sulfate, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium Succinate, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Source for ingredient list:

http://www.kosmetikkaufhaus-zapf.de/programme/start_marke.php?hcode=19

I had a look at the link but could not read it as it was not in English. I do not believe the ingredient list above is correct as I did take a look at the ingredient list on the box when I had it and there was no added fragrance. Also I am sure the list I looked at had a lot more ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I bought the cleanser and got some samples of the mask, restoring oil and Sublimating Serum.

First, I made a mistake , I should have used them separately in order to determine the effect of each one of them. Since I have very short hair, one sample can last for 2-3 times. BUT I got excited and used restoring oil, cleanser and the mask Rolling Eyes

Secondly, I must say that I have very short hair in overall good condition, my only concern is that it is so stubbornly straight, that it sticks like antenas and I look like a hedghog if I do not style it. Styling implies everyday use of flat iron to curl my so painfully straight hair.

That's the background , now the method: I used restoring oil in the morning until noon, then used the cleanser on dry hair (it is a huge jar and lesson #1: no need to use much, as it will form a huge lather), and then used very tiny amount of mask, waited 3 min, rinsed it off.

Results:

1.SHINY SHINY hair. I color my hair in my natural color to add some shine, but if these products make my hair naturally shiny, there will be no need to color my hair!

2. Normally, after curling my hair I have to apply lots of products to hold the curls, but now there is no need for any styling products! AMAZING. The hair holds the curls and volume is natural !

WOW, I am impressed.

Note: I have used very tiny amounts of restoring oil and mask (it is just a sample , so I used a very economical approach Wink ) And I have not used Sublimating Serum.

Future Considerations: next time I will resist using all of them at once and try each one separately with my usual products.

My usual products: Pureology antifade shampoo and conditioner.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Oh no, now I have to try this product after reading all the great reviews. Are they sold here at EDS?
havana8

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
Oh no, now I have to try this product after reading all the great reviews. Are they sold here at EDS?

They sure are:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-hair-repair-m_121_792.htm
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
kdd2411 wrote:

They sure are:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-hair-repair-m_121_792.htm

Thanks!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently, you cannot have the same results with cleanser alone. Today I just used the cleanser and the volume and the shine is not as noticeable as with the combination of restoring oil and the mask Confused

Otherwise it would be too good to be true Cool
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Apparently, you cannot have the same results with cleanser alone. Today I just used the cleanser and the volume and the shine is not as noticeable as with the combination of restoring oil and the mask Confused

Otherwise it would be too good to be true Cool

Did you use another conditionner or do you mean with no conditionner? Maybe try just the shampoo and conditionner (no oil) and report back Very Happy ...not sure I can spring for all three
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |