Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Sinusitis tips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Visited my doctor yesterday and we think that I probably have sinusitis. Any advice on how to get rid of it? I need to be well before Friday. Right now, I'm taking Pencilin (antibiotic) and high dose vitamin C (10g). I'm also trying to get a lot of vitamin D. Other than that I'm trying to rest as much as possible. I'm also using saltwater spray and nasal spray.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Maybe try using a neti pot? There's an old thread on neti pots somewhere here in EDS, which is where I first heard about them. Or you might get more info from google ...

I don't have sinusitis - well, not that I know of - but get a lot of upper respiratory problems and the neti pot helps a lot. Now I use the neti pot with a saline solution and a drop of oregano oil every day. If you can get your hands on a neti pot, give it a try. At least it can't do any harm, and it's cheap and easy. HTH
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
Visited my doctor yesterday and we think that I probably have sinusitis. Any advice on how to get rid of it? I need to be well before Friday. Right now, I'm taking Pencilin (antibiotic) and high dose vitamin C (10g). I'm also trying to get a lot of vitamin D. Other than that I'm trying to rest as much as possible. I'm also using saltwater spray and nasal spray.

Only use nasal spray occasionally, or it will give you a rebound effect, and make things so much worse! IMHO, you should lay off the 'saltwater spray', because it will only draw more fluid to the nasal passages.. Crying or Very sad

Here's what works;

1. Drink 6 to 8 cups of (plain) water everyday..(in addition to any other liquid).

2. Steam yourself once or twice a day. (If you have a facial steamer great, if not -- just boil a pot of hot water on the stove, make a tent over it with a towel, and breath in the steam for 5 minutes twice a day. (Once the water boils, reduce the flame to low.. Shock )

Try it, you'll like it... I swear .. X my

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use the neti pot with warm salt water/baking soda mixture during allergy season to keep the secretions fluid and my passages clear. No more sinus infections!!

If you get frequent infections of any kind, you might want to check this out: (Epicor - an immune booster)

http://www.northstarnutritionals.com/p/PureImmune_Plus.htm#more

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 4:39 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I use the neti pot with warm salt water/baking soda mixture during allergy season to keep the secretions fluid and my passages clear. No more sinus infections!!

I totally concur! Neti pot w/ salt water and baking soda. I do this EVERY day, and sometimes twice a day. If I skip a few days, I get a sinus infection. I've had probably 50 sinus infections in the last 12 years, yet haven't had a cold for 20 years!!!!!!!!! I also recommend apple cider vinegar (from health food store) in water taken as a tonic to alkalize your system.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I've almost gotten rid of my clogged nose thanks to neti pot and saltwater now:)

However, I'm still couhting, any other suggestions on how to avoid that?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Barks
The cough may be due to the sinus drainage trickling down the back of your throat and triggering the cough reflex. This could cause sore throat too,

As long as you aren't coughing up green or yellow mucus from your lungs, having chest pain or shortness of breath, I would say continue with the Neti rinses til the sinuses quit overproducing mucus.

Like Mountaingirl says, if you are prone to sinus problems get on board with this treatment and do it daily! It's an ancient practice that has worked for centuries.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm a chronic sinusitis sufferer - had my second operation to clear my sinuses just last month. When I left hospital I was given a saline solution called FLO, it comes in a sachet which you make up with water then put in a squeeze bottle (which is provided in the kit). You then squeeze the solution up your nose until it comes out the other nostril. This is totally gross to do and is best done in the shower. Anyway, this is just the modern version of the neti pot and is exactly the same principal.

Sinusitis can often be caused or exacerbated by allergies, so it's also helpful to try an antihistamine. I also rub the insides of my nostrils with Vics Vaporub before going to bed and have a supply of throat soothers at the ready for the times when I cough all night!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I had sinusitis very often mainly and had allergic rhinits all the time.

What REALLY worked (even better than the nasal steroids!) was nasal rinses.

I don't use the neti pot, I use sinus-rinse because it exerts positive pressure which I read is better than "gravity".

I really recommend it. My headaches due to sinusitis are gone and my quality of life has improved 100000%

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have irritability sinus for several years.I use Similasan Sinus relief now
misspointy
5% products discount

Wed May 27, 2009 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I used to suffer with my sinuses and at its worst I couldnt even lift my head up because of the pounding pain. the only thing I found to work was taking anti biotics.......then i gave up smoking and havent had sinusitis since!!!

My brother also suffers with his sinuses and found out a few years back that the root of one of his teeth had pierced one of his sinuses and that was why his had constant trouble with them. The tooth was removed and the sinus was left to heal....which apparently its had trouble in healing and he still gets occasional flare ups.

But it is a horrible feeling and used to make me feel awful. Hope you are better now.
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing would probably be an operation though.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
I had sinusitis very often mainly and had allergic rhinits all the time.

What REALLY worked (even better than the nasal steroids!) was nasal rinses.

I don't use the neti pot, I use sinus-rinse because it exerts positive pressure which I read is better than "gravity".
I really recommend it. My headaches due to sinusitis are gone and my quality of life has improved 100000%

Josee,

Could you please tell me what the difference is between the neti pot and the sinus rinse? Thanks. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen neti pot selling on mountainroseherbs.com, looks very good though I haven't tried it.

One lady saw me sniffing badly one day and offered me eucalypus essential oil and spearmint oil. It helped!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
This is an old thread, but wanted to share this info I've encountered recently.

I had a really killer flu/cold 4 months ago and have been having sinus hell ever since - congestion, running nose, coughing. My neti pot wasn't doing much good, and been trying sprays, decongestant pills, chinese medicine, hanging upside down, you name it, with little result.

Anyway... I happened to hear (on a radio health program) that humming may help sinus problems. Did some googling, and it seems there may be some real basis for this - humming can greatly increase nitric oxide levels in that area, which apparently is a good thing. Perhaps the vibrations also help open the sinuses up?

I didn't save any links, but do a google for sinusitis/humming/nitric oxide and see what you think?

I've been doing the humming thing on and off for a couple of weeks, and it seems to have really helped - although it's always possible it was just my time to recover, without the humming. I can sleep now and actually breathe through my nose lying down, and no night-time coughing...well, occasionally, but not the constant coughing like before.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
That's an excellent tip! I'm really into music and have found that I naturally start humming and singing more when I have sinus issues. Its sometimes a little too unsettling though, since if you're really into it, your whole body resonates.

These links which hilight accupressure points might also be helpful:
http://www.4-headaches.com/headache-tips/Accupressure-for-sinus-headaches.htm
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sinus-pressure-points.html

The point in the web between your thumb & forefinger is pretty amazing, even for simple headaches - you actually can feel the blood drain from your face. You have to press fairly hard though & I find it a little painful.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
My osteopath showed me a lions yawn for eye pain and sinus probs, it's like a really long drawn out yawn. He recommended humming too. Really feel for anyone with sinus infection they are the worst.

I use one of those pulsating irrigators, even when I come home from stores filled with people and viruses I do it just to rinse out anything that might be wanting to make me sick.

I looked for that Lions yawn but found this Qigong for the face looks really interesting!

http://www.qigonghealingcenter.com/apps/blog/show/prev?from_id=343082

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |