Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help finding a product for sensitive chest area
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Tue May 12, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for finding something I can use on my upper chest area. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out with an itchy rash with nearly everything I try. I have tried Skin Biotic's BND, Naturederm's Chrysalix and Naturedermx and both of them break me out. I've also tried Cellbone's AOX. Some of these are just fine on my face but not on my chest. I really like natural, organic and chemical free skin care. But, I am at a loss what to try next. About the only thing that doesn't break me out there is emu oil, but I don't know that that will have the anti-aging benefits that I would like. Can anyone help? Confused

5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Doesn't someone know anything that might be good? Help! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
HI scrapnmom, what issues are you trying to address? Hyperpigmentation, a crepey decollete, lack of hydration?

I would agree that even such a lovely product as Naturderm's EpidermxII would probably be too harsh for that area. Exfoliating with a microfiber cloth may be a gentler way to go about it.

I treat my chest area with the same products I use on my neck, but I may have different concerns than you. My upper chest receives incidental sun exposure, nearly as much as hands and forearms do... A few freckles have resulted and the texture was looking a little crepey.

After shower, I slather on the macadamia nut oil, avocado oil all over and add an additional layer of avocado oil on my neck and chest. Once that absorbs, I use NIA24 Sun Damage Repair for Decolletage and Hands.... This contains 2.5% Pro-Niacin, which has so far proven itself to be very effective in reducing the crepey texture almost completely and hyperpigmentation to a lesser degree. I've been using this ALMOST daily for the last 6 months... took a couple of months to see the difference visually. I like the science behind this line.

I hope this helps,

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Athena. I do use the NIA24 sunscreen. I didn't know about the other. I'll have to check that out! Do you use the macadamia nut oil and the avocado oil on your face too? Or is this just for your body? I am acne prone so I have to be careful with what I put on my face.

5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Athena, I just thought of something after I read the info on EDS about the NIA24 Sun Damage Repair. I do use the NIA sunscreen on my chest and neck. Would this have the same benefits or would the Sun Damage Repair do more for the crepey look on my chest?

Oh, and I didn't use the Epidermx II on my chest just the chrysalix and naturedermx.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
scrappnmom wrote:
Thanks Athena. I do use the NIA24 sunscreen. I didn't know about the other. I'll have to check that out! Do you use the macadamia nut oil and the avocado oil on your face too? Or is this just for your body? I am acne prone so I have to be careful with what I put on my face.
Hi scrappmom --- I have combo\oily skin, large pores... no avocado or mac oil on the face... I do use avocado oil around the eyes as soon as I step out of the shower. By the time I apply eye treatment (which is currently NIA eye repair complex), it's fully absorbed.

scrappnmom wrote:
Athena, I just thought of something after I read the info on EDS about the NIA24 Sun Damage Repair. I do use the NIA sunscreen on my chest and neck. Would this have the same benefits or would the Sun Damage Repair do more for the crepey look on my chest?

I've been using NIA sun screen for much longer... oddly enough, it didn't address slightly crepey look on chest or do anything about the freckles. For some reason, the Sun Damage repair with a lesser amount of Pro-Niacin seems to address this. Freckles on chest and hands haven't gone completely away, but they've faded. I used hyroquinone off and on for about two years prior to this... hydroquinone helped to fade them as well, but they still remain.

scrappnmom wrote:

Oh, and I didn't use the Epidermx II on my chest just the chrysalix and naturedermx.
Oh, I see... sorry for assuming.... As much as I LOVE the smell of Chrysalix (I wish Amy would bottle that fragrance and sell it as a perfume), I didn't notice any effect.

Then again, there are many products I use that don't necessarily equate to a visible improvement in my skin. I'm fortunate that the only concern I have are large pores, shallow dynamic creases and an abundance of oil that contributes to lack of wrinkles.... consider yourself blessed if you have oily skin! However, despite this lack of visible results I continue to use Vit C and Retinol for the anti-aging and antioxidant boost.

I also use NIA's skin strengthening complex on my face and neck. Not sure if I'll continue to use this... but the sunscreen and Sun Damage Repair are permanent staples for me.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much. I'm going to give the NIA24 Sun Damage Repair a try! That and my Naturderm products may be the package I need. I hope! Where do you get your avocado oil?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps you can try MAMA MIO

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
This is so good to hear about the NIA24 Sun Damage Repair for chest and hands. They had some before/after photos on a website that looked promising. I have some serious sun damage to my chest and that area is very sensitive for me as well. I've been using hydroquinine on my chest for a little while. Do any of you think the HQ and the NIA could be used together? I would love to at least reduce the hyperpigmentation/wrinkles that I have. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Product for baby is the best choice.
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Fri May 15, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Is "product for baby" a brand name or do you mean a product made for babies?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |