Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi users? switching off?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in trying obagi since I have numerous problems that need attention. I just started reading about it today. My question is...this is a pretty expensive product line. I don't know if I would be interested in staying on something that costly forever. I love my skin and all, but I don't have that kind of money to toss at it. Getting the start up system is about $300, yes? Well from what I understand, it is basically hydroquinone and retin-a that do the work in this system...the other stuff isn't necessary but does help condition the skin to help the other stuff work better so I don't mind the initial cost. My questions are...when I'm done removing all the damage and my new face shows up...can I not just quit the system and maintain with retin a from add day chemist since it's affordable to me? Also..if anyone has a recommended site where I can buy that has reasonable prices I'd appreciate that too. Thanks!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mex. I saw no one had answered your question. Although I'm not an expert, in the first 18 weeks, I believe it's really important to use all the products. The only one I don't use is Step 6 Sunfader. Instead I use my LaRoche Posay Anthelios Sunscreen. When you get to the maintanace of Obagi Nu Derm, it varies on person to person what will keep your results. People cut back on the Clear & Exfoderm. I think it will be much more economically sound when I get to that stage. I'm coming up on week 7. Be sure to pull up all the posts on Obagi Nu Derm. It really helped me when I was starting out. Best of luck to you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I used Obagi Nu Derm for 18 weeks and then switched to a good antioxidant and sunscreen in the AM and Renova and a moisturizer at night. If I ever notice any pigmentation issues coming back I will do the 18 week Nu Derm system again but I personally don't feel you need to stick with Nu Derm to keep your results. I guess it would all depend on how much you expose yourself to the sun and whether or not your sunscreen is adequately protecting you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Keli, where do you buy renova? there is only one among those online stores which do not need prescriptions carries it, right? thanks

keli13 wrote:
I used Obagi Nu Derm for 18 weeks and then switched to a good antioxidant and sunscreen in the AM and Renova and a moisturizer at night. If I ever notice any pigmentation issues coming back I will do the 18 week Nu Derm system again but I personally don't feel you need to stick with Nu Derm to keep your results. I guess it would all depend on how much you expose yourself to the sun and whether or not your sunscreen is adequately protecting you.
penny1619
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
i have not used the obagi products before,shall i try it now ,give me some advices
so0_flawless
5% products discount

Fri May 29, 2009 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from ADC and did not need a prescription. I think Medsmex doesn't require one either, from what I've read.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have also been reading about the Obagi Nu-Derm products. Does everyone have flakiness &/ redness during this regime? Is it more advisable to do it in the winter months when there is less sunshine or can one still go out, as long as the Sunfader is applied?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |