Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
HELP! 64 Year Old Skin - Need Help - Pic Included
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Is it too late... what can she do?

Please list everything:

1) Creams / Serums / Scrubs

2) At home devices

3) Professional Treatments

Thanks...

By the way, this is my wonderful mother in law who would kill me if she saw this.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
How old is your mother-in-law? What does she use now? Does she want help with her skin care or is she happy as she is?

I think her skin tone is gorgeous. She doesn't look like she has any pigmentation issues at all. For the wrinkles, she could try a retinol product (over-the-counter or prescription) at night. That may help after a period of time (meaning probably 6 months to 1 year). If she uses the retinol product, she would have to use sunscreen every day. It won't get rid of all her wrinkles, but it probably would diminish them. Possibly a LED device could be helpful, as well.
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply!

She is 64 years old and has seen too much Palestinian sun! Her only skin care regimen is taking a shower and now she is uses day and night cream by ROC.

She wants a change in everything!! She needs a new routine, etc. Would facial exercises be beneficial?? I have convinced her of the baby q, so we can share it, lol!!!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Dermaroll. But it might be hard to convince her to do it.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it would be that hard actually, hmmm... the 1.5 mm???
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the retinol or Retin A suggestion. It will take awhile to see any changes, but they will come slowly.

I'm all for the Ageless facial exercises since they are quick and she'll probably see a fairly quick payoff which may keep her doing them.

Now that being said...my Mom just won't stay with them, but I have her using the Isomers Nutritone and I'm doing it as well.

It's a microcurrent tool that stimulates the skin and muscle fibers. The benefits are cumulative and should lead to firmer skin, better skin tone, reduction of lines and wrinkles. It's only used every other day. I see improvements in firming along my Mom's jawline and plumping in the cheek area already and she's only used it about 6 times. More information on this on Isomers.ca
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
Is it too late... what can she do?

It looks like she has amazing, radiant skin tone. I really wouldn't touch her face at all. I especially would not put an older woman through dubious facial exercise regimens and such. Sure, she is a little wrinkly, but her wrinkles are the nice looking kind. And it's perfectly acceptable at her age, unless her name is Cher.

If you absolutely have to do something, I would perhaps suggest a little lipo / skin tuck on her chin... That alone, getting rid of the fat deposits and extra skin around the neckline, will make her look 10 years younger.

But honestly, I can only hope I look half that good at 64!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
She looks good! At minimum, I'd recommed a physical sunscreen to prevent any further damage from the sun. The next step would be facial exercise and a retinoid, but really, she does look good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

She is 64 years old and has seen too much Palestinian sun! Her only skin care regimen is taking a shower and now she is uses day and night cream by ROC.

She wants a change in everything!! She needs a new routine, etc. Would facial exercises be beneficial?? I have convinced her of the baby q, so we can share it, lol!!!

ROC is pretty good for an over the counter product. If she has been using that for a while, maybe she can step up to a more stronger, but still mild form of A. You could check in to Avene's Eluage cream and/or gel. I would start small and use the A product, sunscreen, LED, maybe facial exercise if she is ok with that. See how her skin looks in 6-12 months and then re-evaluate. Remember a lot of times less is more in skin care! Whatever she chooses, I hope you will share her pics again when she has been on a regimen for a while. I, again, think her skin tone is just gorgeous! Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Would she consider a facelift and then do the LED light, facial exercise, new skincare routine to maintain the fabulous new face?

Also, I heard of Thermage. That might really help, or she might go for some sort of laser treatment. You should have her check with a derm or plastic surgeon.
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much girls, I am looking into all of the suggestions now and I will definately post what we have decided to do and results!!!

You are all really sweet!! She really is beautiful inside and out!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Whatever she decided to do, please stress the importance of sun protection from using good sunscreen and wearing a big hat when she goes out. Otherwise, whatever investment she did for her skin would evaporate.
happyAThome
5% products discount

Thu May 14, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered the Retin A 1% gel from All Day Chemist and while I know it is not the recommended way to go about it - I don't go out much and it wasn't that much of a problem for me. It did give my DH a little of a OMG though while it was going on but now that it's over the results are wonderful! It was about 4 weeks of peeling and I have a new face. So I just used a microfiber face cloth when I had to go out and sometimes I even used an emery board in extreme circumstances. And I have a Baby Q that I love that I also use with the Hyarulonic Serum. But the Retin A 1% gel was like blue peel only slower (to me anyway) The wrinkles around my eyes went first and then the wrinkles around my mouth kept peeling for a couple of weeks. That was just my experience.
DLI
5% products discount

Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:

Oh my , I just read the info on the forum and looked up the dermaroll..... it has needles..
does it hurt or leave you all RED!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Bombshell, my advice to your MIL would be to wear her hair over her forehead (and get a more up to date hair do - this one is way too aging), where it seems to me to be the most wrinkled part of her face and use Janson Beckett Alphaderma CE to minimize her wrinkles. Also as others have said, wear sun protection at all times. She's not going to get rid of her wrinkles with a topical, but Alphaderma CE will reduce them somewhat. I also recommend a Vitamin C Serum. I'm the same age as she is and have used a variety of products and tools over the years and have very few wrinkles. But for someone that hasn't taken care of their skin, there are no miracles after all this time.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Try the LED lights. There are so many great reviews and I used to see a aesthestian for laser/IR treatments and they cost a bomb! I'm so glad there are home treatments now
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 3:15 am      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:

I'm no expert, but I would say yes, the 1.5. But you need to educate yourselves on this item quite thoroughly before you begin. We have some extensive threads on the forum about this subject.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Bombshell, my advice to your MIL would be to wear her hair over her forehead (and get a more up to date hair do - this one is way too aging), where it seems to me to be the most wrinkled part of her face

This is a great idea! An updated hairstyle could make a huge difference!

ETA: If she was going to use the dermaroller, I would stick with the 1 mm, as Dr. Fernandes recommended. Just my 2 cents!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Bombshell, my advice to your MIL would be to wear her hair over her forehead (and get a more up to date hair do - this one is way too aging), where it seems to me to be the most wrinkled part of her face and use Janson Beckett Alphaderma CE to minimize her wrinkles. Also as others have said, wear sun protection at all times. She's not going to get rid of her wrinkles with a topical, but Alphaderma CE will reduce them somewhat. I also recommend a Vitamin C Serum. I'm the same age as she is and have used a variety of products and tools over the years and have very few wrinkles. But for someone that hasn't taken care of their skin, there are no miracles after all this time.

Oh yeas - I totally agree with the hair thing Smile- Otherwise I think even having a nice facial from time to time will help her if she didn't do anything till now
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Thats amazing, no sun spots! She really does have nice skin. Aside from the wrinkles, its very radiant! She must have an amazing diet or amazing creams! Smile
I don't know enough about all the devices available to comment on that, am figuring it out myself-- but I agree on the hair cut. But maybe for her lifestyle and if we had an over all silloutte, it is appropriate? Her hair is really nice though, so shiney and thick! I would like to know what she does for that too!

She and I have the same hair color, and I sometimes wonder if its too dark, now that I am older...(I am 51).

I would like to do some kind of virtual photo shop thing, to check things like this out. Say the eyebrows, would making them more distinct make the lines more or less noticable, and the hair color, a tad lighter? Or no? Or hair styles, etc.
I found one virtual hair styler, but it was not that useful, it was almost like a cartoon.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Would she consider a facelift and then do the LED light, facial exercise, new skincare routine to maintain the fabulous new face?

Also, I heard of Thermage. That might really help, or she might go for some sort of laser treatment. You should have her check with a derm or plastic surgeon.

I wouldn't recommend Thermage. The only skin it benefits in my opinion is the leather of the operator's wallet. Generally speaking, given the depth of the folds (as opposed to small wrinkles) a face lift would be the treatment of choice if she is seriously wanting to look younger. I think she looks like a warm, caring and lovely lady just as she is, but I am not she.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, this is helping me to put together a plan for her.

As for her hair, she LOVES this style, she gets it done all the time, that will be hard to convince her to change it lol... But I totally agree that the color needs to be lightened and she needs to get her brows dyed!

She doesnt do much to take care of her hair, every so often she puts olive oil in it but thats about it, she uses shampoo and conditioner without cones.

Hmmm, what else, her diet is the typical medeteranian diet, lots of fish, olive oil and veggies and fruits.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I would say no to the thermage too. There are too many people saying it didn't work and a few who wished they had not done it at all, it caused damage. I think her lines and sag might be too deep too, that it would be better to put that three grand towards a mini lift for the lower face and neck. Well, maybe the whole face, but...maybe she could just do a mini. If she even wants one. My face is a little bit falling too, so that is what I thought for myself, or I could get face lipo. I am trying LouLou first though.

I would say face lift for sag and fraxel for lines.

It appears the dr roller is just like doing fraxel, so I am personally going to do that.
What I am going to do for cosmetic surgery, is do what I can do, like "diy fraxel", and then the expensive stuff, like a tummy tuck...I am doing that out of the country. AARP even says to do that, its way cheaper, and from what I have been reading, in a way, much better than doing it here. Thailand, India, Costa Rica etc.
The American hollywood surgeons make them all look the same, that weird nose, the odd face...
Over there, its more individualized and artistic. Brazil is supposed to be really good too, where top models go.

I am going to look into the mediterrean diet.

I am going towards raw and then if it happens to be cooked, mediterrean for when its cooked. The 6 small meals a day doesn't do it for me.

The virtual hairdresser would come in handy for someone who is "stubborn" haha. You know who I think looks really nice for her age and has that hair color? Sharon Osborne. I love her haircut too. Some women can pull off the darker colors when older. I think she looks her age, appropriate, but also looks hip and stylish. You can tell she had work done, and she says so, but she doesn't look ridiculous.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
As for her hair, she LOVES this style, she gets it done all the time, that will be hard to convince her to change it lol... But I totally agree that the color needs to be lightened and she needs to get her brows dyed!

Does she realize how much older this style makes her look? Its dreadful!!! She has lovely, shiny, thick hair and could look 10 years younger immediately with a more modern style. I suggest you Google "Hairstyles" and print off a few that you think would look good on her. I also agree with SansSouci, that Sharon Osborne's style is very hip and youthful looking. IMO her current hairdresser should be shot at dawn Laughing

If she's serious about turning back the clock, a new "do" is the easiest and least painful/expensive way to go. After that, she really should consider a face lift.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I also agree with SansSouci, that Sharon Osborne's style is very hip and youthful looking. IMO her current hairdresser should be shot at dawn Laughing

Someone asked Suzanne Somers what she thought was the best way to look more youthful, and she said hands down, by far, its your hair, more than a face lift, more than anything.

Sharon O changed her hair? Oh, I must see!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |