Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Clarisonic & MD Formulations??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Shanti

Fri May 15, 2009 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I've been a long time EDS visitor/purchaser but haven't been around for awhile due to not much time to be online.

Anyway, let me try to make a long story short Very Happy

I've been using the MD Formulations Glycolic Cleanser, Facial Lotion (Regular Glycolic Formula) and the Moisture Defense Anti-Oxidant Lotion for about 5-6 years now. It was the first cleanser ever (my entire first 30 years of life Laughing ) that didn't give me that tight, irritated feeling where you wanted to dip your face in a bucket of moisturizer Very Happy I actually feel clean and calm.

I had spine surgery this past year and got bad with my skin care because it was just too painful to even stand at the sink for more than a minute, so I was lucky to was my face every other day at times. Well, obviously, my face was looking icky and after a lot of reading/research I just purchased the Clarisonic about a week ago.

Here comes part of my problem. The same time I decided to try the Clarisonic for the first time, I used it with a sample of Skyn Iceland Glacier Cleanser from Sephora and ended up very red and irritated (which, after testing, found it irritated my husband as well, without him using the Clarisonic). I definitely learned a lesson about trying more than one new thing at a time!! Embarassed

Just prior to using the Clarisonic with the Skyn Iceland Cleanser, I had improperly used Peter Thomas Roth Peel Pads. I didn't pay attention to what days I used it and I believe I used it too often because my face became extremely irritated after my 3rd or 4th use. I then went back to MDF with no problems (after giving my face a rest from cleansing all together for a day or so).

Right now I feel like my face is still "healing" from all the assault I put on it with trying the new stuff. It is starting to feel better. I want to keep trying the Clarisonic because of all the great things said about it, so I purchased the Delicate Brush Head today at Dillards so I'd be ready when I feel my face has calmed.

My skin is fair/light, oily T-zone, somewhat ruddy and gets red easily in heat (and apparently sensitive to some things...I know for sure I can't use benzoyl peroxide). I'm thinking part of this has to do with the fact that I have not been drinking very much water (never even drank water until my first pregnancy). Lately, I am lucky to drink a cup of my morning soymilk and, at best, 2 cups of water a day. I am definitely working on that however and I think I just might lose a few pounds running to the bathroom so often Laughing

So now that you have my life story Cool ,since MDF has never given me any problems (never even felt tingles when I first started 5-6 years ago), is it ok to use with the Clarisonic???

I really want to give this a shot and get my skin looking good. MDF hasn't ever done anything spectacular for me other than it being the first cleanser to not make my face tight, but then again, I've never been all that great with really keeping a good regime going. Another selling point for me was to help the bumps on the back of my arms (which my daughters have as well at the ages of 11 & 16), and just an overall body exfoliator.

I'm at a point where I'm not too sure I even want to try anything new as far as skincare lines go. I purchased some Murad today (the Redness Therapy per an esthetician's recommendation, whom I've never seen before either) but read a lot of reviews on the internet with people saying it irritated and made them more red, so with my current situation, I am not so sure I want to attempt it. Maybe I need to add a heavier moisturizer from MDF for night right now??? I can't even tell you how frustrated I am right now, sometimes to the point of tears because here I feel I found a skincare line that didn't dry me, and I feel like I've messed up my face so bad!

Thank you so much for reading this long post. I appreciate any and all reponses:)

Tina

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |